Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

ChiaPetOutletStore posted:

That dad either takes incredibly long sips,or doesn't know how to pace himself.

He gotta get that epiglottis checked man that could be serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
I think we get to bent up in calling poo poo out here and being all negative too. So here's some funny poo poo that didn't happen in the form of a "Green text" story.

Person from a certain image board posted:

>Browsing in gamestop
>Random autistic man comes up beside me and asks if I play sonic games.
>Decide to be nice
>"Uh, well used to when I was younger"
>"You should get sonic generations! it's sooo good"
>Oh, okay, maybe I will..."
>Walk away from him, only to be followed around the store until I decide to leave.
>He follows me out of the store
>I start walking away faster
>he begins to pick up his speed to keep up with me
>I eventually start speed walking
>I turn around to see him beginning to hunch forward with his arms extended horizontal behind his back like sonic
>"N-no!" I cry as I began to run at full speed
>"sooooonic....sooooonic! SOOOOONIC!!" he begins to chant as he chases me to the mall exit.
>I bust through the doors and run to my car

To this day I fear that he's still chasing me . It's only a matter of time before he catches up.

I checked the OP, it didn't say anything about Green text stories but, if it's not cool to post here I'll take it down

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

That story is true, Sonic Generations is really good

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Zelder posted:

That story is true, Sonic Generations is really good

:golfclap:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Would have been better if the running person said "Gotta go fast."

RichardGamingo
Mar 3, 2014
I know it's dumb to sign my posts, but I can't stop no matter how many times I'm told, because I'm really stupid and I want to make sure that shines through in everything I do and say, forever.

Best Regards,
RG
There was once a man who flew all around the world on the back of a gyrofalcon. Gyrofalcons make for interesting vehicles because you can gently caress them in the rear end as you torpedo over mountain tops tasting the air. Anyway, along the way on my flight there was a big rear end bird (btw it was me flying around the world) and he called himself a yellow dafodil. I took the reigns of my gyrofalcon and aimed for the big fucker's heart. I flew into him and his heart was pierced on my dick (I always lead dick-first when assaulting pedestrians, this bird was walking up one of those big rear end staircases infront of a Tibetan Buddhist temple.) The exit wound was horrific but I didn't look back, I saw it because I flew around for another strike and got that big yellow bird right in the back of the head. There was a planet-sized looking eyeball overhead that the Buddhist menace had been summoning through their hours and hours of 'Om' meditation. So a bunch of tiny caterpillars were crawling out of the big dilated pupil of this eyeball. I took out my cellphone and called Aristotle and asked him, 'what sort of logic is this?' but he had no answer before the call was dropped, "out of service". loving T-Mobile.

My idiot gyrofalcon started doing the whirling or swirling or whatever where they make a vortex in the air. It saw a swordfish and I guess it thought if it could help me get to Atlantis (The swordfish was guarding the city's north gate), I would meet a queen dressed in gold and ask her for the secret of life. Problem is that giant eyeball's caterpillars were also bloodsuckers and my Gyrofalcon entered into the Ocean's depths, having easily evaded the Swordfish, with only half of his bloodsupply left. So there wasn't as much oxygen in his blood as we all hoped for and instead of taking me to Atlantis we had to pull over and drink some bubbles from a passing whale. The high carbon dioxide content of the whale's exhalation instantly killed my intercontinental gyrofalcon vehicle and I had to swim ashore. That loving eyeball is hovering over the Himalayan's in Nepal right this very moment, plotting.

Best Regards,
RG

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

To be fair, if this was written down in NAR form, we'd dismiss this as STDH pretty quickly... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJye229QbVs

VV Is it? I don't actually know I was just sent it by a friend and immediately thought of this thread.

NtotheTC has a new favorite as of 19:00 on Jul 27, 2014

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

To be fair, if this was written down in NAR form, we'd dismiss this as STDH pretty quickly... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJye229QbVs

I thought that was a redubbed silent video/

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Facepalm Ranger posted:

I think we get to bent up in calling poo poo out here and being all negative too. So here's some funny poo poo that didn't happen in the form of a "Green text" story.

I checked the OP, it didn't say anything about Green text stories but, if it's not cool to post here I'll take it down

And that man was... CWC.

(I can see CWC doing this and it being poo poo that DID happen)

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Tunicate posted:

I thought that was a redubbed silent video/

It is

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/evidence/mcnuggets-rage-caught-tape

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tell me more about how your special snowflake is the specialest :allears:

e: Also this:

Two sexual assaults make a right, right?

razorrozar has a new favorite as of 14:42 on Jul 28, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

razorrozar posted:

You can even see them both reflected in the tap. Totally legit.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Paladinus posted:

I believe it's legit, because she taught her 5-year old son how to do it, so now, that is how her 5-year old son fills a water bottle.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Paladinus posted:

It makes kid-sense, really. "Mommy, is this side the bottle-pouring side?" "What do you mean" and then that whole thing ensues.

Like, no, he doesn't do it every time he fills a water bottle, he coulda just done it the one time because he interpreted the handle of the thing as "The long pour-ey side"

Yeah it does smack of MY AMAZING CHILD :swoon: but as far as the kid themself coming up with it, not totally stiddy.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

sweeperbravo posted:

It makes kid-sense, really. "Mommy, is this side the bottle-pouring side?" "What do you mean" and then that whole thing ensues.

Like, no, he doesn't do it every time he fills a water bottle, he coulda just done it the one time because he interpreted the handle of the thing as "The long pour-ey side"

Yeah it does smack of MY AMAZING CHILD :swoon: but as far as the kid themself coming up with it, not totally stiddy.

Even if the kid DID come up with it... it's dumb. The measuring cup has a spout on the other side specifically for pouring stuff into small containers. It's like one of those lifehacks that waste time to do a shoddy job so you don't have to work a little harder and do it right.

Also it wastes water, though admittedly not much.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Plus that spigot swivels, so they could just fill the bottle straight out of the tap.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The real stdh part here is that a five-year-old wouldn't be able to reach all the way to turn the water on.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Paladinus posted:

The real stdh part here is that a five-year-old wouldn't be able to reach all the way to turn the water on.

One of my earliest memories (I must have been 4, I think) is standing on a chair and desperately trying to reach the faucet. My arms were too short :smith:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

razorrozar posted:

Even if the kid DID come up with it... it's dumb. The measuring cup has a spout on the other side specifically for pouring stuff into small containers. It's like one of those lifehacks that waste time to do a shoddy job so you don't have to work a little harder and do it right.

Also it wastes water, though admittedly not much.

No, yeah, it's definitley dumb, I wasn't trying to defend it as a cool life hack (partly because i hate that meme anyway). But what I'm saying is it's dumb in the way kids come up with dumb things because they think they've figured out the reason why something is a certain way. Like yeah there's the spout on the side, but then what's this side for? Why's it open like that? If it's a handle, why isn't it solid, like the handles on most other cup-things?

Paladinus posted:

"Here mommy, put this on the middle part of the sink, and put the water on!" "What, this way?" "Yep! See? Water-pourer!" "MY BRILLIANT BABY :swoon:"

:geno: I know it's just a dumb memetic post, I'm just saying the kid coming up with that part is actually fairly believable if you've spent any time around kids that age.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

sweeperbravo posted:

:geno: I know it's just a dumb memetic post, I'm just saying the kid coming up with that part is actually fairly believable if you've spent any time around kids that age.

Fair point. Alright, we'll call this one plausible instead of busted.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Every time someone here abbreviates Not Always Right as "NAR", I read it as "Not Actually Real". Am I the only one?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

razorrozar posted:

Fair point. Alright, we'll call this one plausible instead of busted.

And I promise not to be a pedant about things in the STDH thread in the future since it's not funny or good to do that.

Stalin McHitler posted:

Every time someone here abbreviates Not Always Right as "NAR", I read it as "Not Actually Real". Am I the only one?

Sometimes I process it as "Not Always Retarded" but then my mind immediately responds "Yes, it is."

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Probably been seen, but this cropped up on my Facey wall with people actually believing it.

What I want to know is, on what planet do people have pictures of Reagan framed on their wall? Like, is that a thing, framing pictures of your favourite president and hanging them up?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

MinistryofLard posted:

Probably been seen, but this cropped up on my Facey wall with people actually believing it.

What I want to know is, on what planet do people have pictures of Reagan framed on their wall? Like, is that a thing, framing pictures of your favourite president and hanging them up?
For anyone who doesn't want to copy/paste that warcrime of a URL:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Pussy tale.

quote:

Has A Cat’s Chance In Hell Of Adopting
ANIMAL SHELTER | KEARNEY, NE, USA | CRAZY REQUESTS, PETS & ANIMALS, THEME OF THE MONTH
Me: “Hello! Are you interested in finding a pet today?”

Customer: *with young son* “Yes. I would like to adopt two cats.”

Me: “That’s fantastic! We have many to choose from.”

Customer: “Too bad my landlord won’t let me have more than one pet at my apartment.” *handing me her phone* “Here’s a picture of my son’s cat.”

Me: “You already have a pet?”

Customer: “Yep.”

Me: “And you want to adopt two more?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “But your landlord says you can only have one animal in your home?”

Customer: “Oh, the two cats I adopt here won’t live with me! My father just passed away and his house is lonely so they’ll live there.”

Me: “I’m so sorry to hear about your father, but we can’t do an adoption for cats to live alone in a house.”

Customer: “Why not?”

Me: “Because we want to make sure that the animals would be properly cared for and if no one lives with them they could run out of food and water or get trapped during an emergency and you might not know about it for days.”

Customer: “Well, I’m paying for the air conditioning to be on at his house so someone should live there!”

Me: “Maybe you could live out the lease at your apartment then move in to your dad’s house.”

Customer: “No, I don’t want to have to move my stuff. What if I just tell you I live there?”

Me: “Since I already know that that is a lie, I would not feel comfortable doing the adoption.”

Customer: “Do you even care about the animals here?!”

Me: “Yes, that’s why I don’t want them it have to live alone in a house. They deserve to be cared for.”

Customer: “Maybe I’ll just spend every night at the house so I know they’d be okay!”

Me: “Would your son stay with you?”

Customer: “No! He’s afraid of the house!”

Me: “So, you’re willing to let your young son live alone just so you can adopt these cats?”

Customer: “I’m gonna tell you whatever you need to hear so you’ll give me these animals!”

Me: “Ma’am, I truly am sorry that you lost your father. But the situation you are in right now simply makes me unable to let you adopt an animal from us. If you move or can provide us with written proof that your landlord will allow more pets, come back and see what cats we have at that time.”

Customer: “You’ll be hearing from my lawyer! You don’t even care what happens to these animals!” *storms out the door*

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Elysiume posted:

I don't really understand what happened here. On a related note when I was young I worked at a dominoes where we gave free pizza to any cops. I think it was supposed to be sort of a bribe so they wouldn't hassle drivers making questionable traffic decisions. Then I worked 3rd shift at a gas station and cops got drinks for free. Basically I assume cops get free poo poo everywhere.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

razorrozar posted:

e: Also this:

Two sexual assaults make a right, right?

Gay Avenger is a lame name. They should have at least gone with Dick Fury.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Elysiume posted:

Why the hell would you report some douche who made a poo poo out of himself in response to a gay kiss to the cops unless you wanted to feed his "HOMO-NAZI POLICE STATE INDOCTRINATING OUR CHILDREN AND DESTROYING AMERICA :bahgawd:" complex :psyduck:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Gen. Ripper posted:

Why the hell would you report some douche who made a poo poo out of himself in response to a gay kiss to the cops unless you wanted to feed his "HOMO-NAZI POLICE STATE INDOCTRINATING OUR CHILDREN AND DESTROYING AMERICA :bahgawd:" complex :psyduck:

Do you need a reason in addition to the fact that he ate a meal at a restaurant and then did not pay for it?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Elysiume posted:

A photo of Reagan is a nice touch. Do people really do this in America?

Also, why couldn't the wife pay?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

phosdex posted:

I don't really understand what happened here. On a related note when I was young I worked at a dominoes where we gave free pizza to any cops. I think it was supposed to be sort of a bribe so they wouldn't hassle drivers making questionable traffic decisions. Then I worked 3rd shift at a gas station and cops got drinks for free. Basically I assume cops get free poo poo everywhere.

The common thinking is that it encourages cops to hang around your business which, to people outside D&D, is seen as a good thing.

It's banned in some jurisdiction, for obvious reasons. It probably still goes on.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

FrozenVent posted:

to people outside D&D,

And TFR

And GiP

And AI

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Paladinus posted:

A photo of Reagan is a nice touch. Do people really do this in America?

At least have a picture of the Pope. The owner's Italian, for Christ's sake, it writes itself

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Centripetal Horse posted:

Do you need a reason in addition to the fact that he ate a meal at a restaurant and then did not pay for it?

The story is so poorly written, though, that we don't know if the manager tossed them out without even giving them the chance to pay, or if they even got their food before being thrown out.

Content:

obvious troll on legal advice forum but most people still gave him serious responses posted:

Ok so ive been seeing this girl i met on kik and shes been coming over and hanging with me and whatever. well recently she came over and we started like pokin eachother and stuff and that led to play wrestling (yea i know its dumb and childish but we were just goofin around) anyways she ends up kneeing me right in the jaw and at this point she stops and is like "HOLY poo poo IM SO SORRY" idk if it was the adrenaline or what but without thinkin i held her down and sat right on her face covering her mouth. at this point shes screaming "I CANT BREATHE I CANT BREATH" and i say "BREATHE THIS" so i let out a huge fart in her mouth and shes scramblin. at this point i get up and i realize what i had done and im speechless. she was screaming and coughing and she ran out of my apartment. anyways now shes sending me messages saying shes pressing charges and im really worried i just wanted to know how this looks for me?

reading this over again i realize it may seem ridiculous and hard to believe but in my mind i thought i would be funny and maybe upping the ante i didnt realize at the moment but i know its hosed up and ive been apologizing up and down trying to get her not to press charges. im 22 and she was 28 if thats important, thanks in advance

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Habeas fartus

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Seventh Arrow posted:

Habeas fartus

Toot Law

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Law and Odor

fistful of hammers
Nov 11, 2011

Khazar-khum posted:

Pussy tale.

I hate to say it, but I work at a pet rescue and I've witnessed very similar events over the years... I wish this was stdh but people are dishonest pricks and will say anything just to get a cute kitten or puppy.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

fistful of hammers posted:

I hate to say it, but I work at a pet rescue and I've witnessed very similar events over the years... I wish this was stdh but people are dishonest pricks and will say anything just to get a cute kitten or puppy.

Yeah, I can confirm that too. My wife works at a Humane Society and she's told me fairly similar stories, although there are more about people trying to unlawfully pawn off their own animals than there are about people trying to adopt them. The shelter she works at is often overfull, so they don't usually take in animals that already have an owner. Cue a lot of:

"Hey, I'm moving and I can't take my dog to the new place. Take it."

"We're full at the moment, so we're only accepting strays."

"Yeah, I found it on the side of the road then. Whatever."

"No, you just said..."

"FINE I GUESS I'LL JUST LEAVE IT ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD."

"That's abandonment and is illegal."

"GRAAHAHERRRRAAAARARAAAA, etc."

You can fill in the rest of that encounter for yourself. Happens all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Dis posted:

Yeah, I can confirm that too. My wife works at a Humane Society and she's told me fairly similar stories, although there are more about people trying to unlawfully pawn off their own animals than there are about people trying to adopt them. The shelter she works at is often overfull, so they don't usually take in animals that already have an owner. Cue a lot of:

"Hey, I'm moving and I can't take my dog to the new place. Take it."

"We're full at the moment, so we're only accepting strays."

"Yeah, I found it on the side of the road then. Whatever."

"No, you just said..."

"FINE I GUESS I'LL JUST LEAVE IT ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD."

"That's abandonment and is illegal."

"GRAAHAHERRRRAAAARARAAAA, etc."

You can fill in the rest of that encounter for yourself. Happens all the time.

Don't give up now! You're one bon mot away from being able to post this on NAR.

• Locked thread