Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

sleepingbuddha posted:

They look like characters from the new Purge movie, which is appropriate, considering it's a good look at how the country would end up if the Tea Party were in charge.

The problem with that movie (besides being a bad movie) is that all of our political issues were supposedly solved by the purge.

The movie's shocking conclusion is: One day your upper middle class/rich neighbors might get bored of killing the poors and come after you!

DUM TUM DUM!

zoux posted:

They are not.

My bad.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
FOB lolol. Jesus. These loving clowns.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Holy poo poo

quote:

The Monitor reported that a so-called militia “commander” by the name of Chris Davis released a 21-minute YouTube video last month explainingp how members would deal with child refugees.

“How?” he asked. “You see an illegal. You point your gun dead at him, right between his eyes, and you say, ‘Get back across the border or you will be shot.’”

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

"And then piss yourself like a frightened little girl when you get arrested for murder."

I don't know why these displays of racist bravado make me so angry. Maybe because it's directed at children. Maybe it's because the people spouting it are literal human garbage. I really don't know.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

Also the guns, they have ARs instead of AKs.

Hey ISIS has plenty of ARs. They take them from the US-trained Iraqi forces.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The problem with that movie (besides being a bad movie) is that all of our political issues were supposedly solved by the purge.

The movie's shocking conclusion is: One day your upper middle class/rich neighbors might get bored of killing the poors and come after you!

DUM TUM DUM!

All I know of those movies is what I've seen in the previews but it seems if "all crime is legal for 24 hours" then that would be the day that all the financial institutions say gently caress it and just pocket all the cash people have invested in them. Seems a lot less messy then randomly hunting people for no reason (that also presumably know that they can kill without penalty).

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ReindeerF posted:

In grand Sorkin style, I will bet all the money in my pocket against all the money in your pocket that >50% of the people in those photos are either not native Texans or were born to non-native Texan families. Not because Texas doesn't have plenty of idiots among its nearly 30,000,000 residents, but because this anti-immigrant poo poo is a hotbed for Arizona and SoCal jackwads.

EDIT: And domestically is strongest with the transplant assholes from states where they didn't grow up speaking Spanish and having Mexican neighbors.

quote:

Bolinas Border Patrol, Central Valley Militia,...

Yeah, I don't think I'd take you up on that bet.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Can you source this quote?

Not disputing it, just want it for reference purposes.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

420DD Butts posted:

Can you source this quote?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/article/Photos-show-border-militias-moving-across-Texas-5647487.php#photo-6643859

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

"And then piss yourself like a frightened little girl when you get arrested for murder."

Why is Obama arresting that brave patriot for protecting our borders!? :argh:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

quote:

One of the photos shows a Border Patrol agent providing directions to a vehicle of armed militia members. The agency did not respond to multiple requests regarding the photo.

"The nearest walmart is here, you're waaaay over here"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The best part of their stupidity is that if they draw on people crossing over, illegally or not, holding those people at gunpoint would be very, very, bad for them and they'd be lucky if they didn't see a long stay in a cell and permanent loss of gun ownership.

Alter Ego posted:

I don't know why these displays of racist bravado make me so angry. Maybe because it's directed at children. Maybe it's because the people spouting it are literal human garbage. I really don't know.

I know it'd result in more Oklahoma City and DC Sniper-style acts, but honestly if the government doesn't just say gently caress it and start rounding these people up we're going to be hosed when a group finally snaps and starts shooting, because everyone else will join in regardless of how wrong they are.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

YES!

There is now a conservative facebook and it is called

drumroll

ReaganBook

Announcement video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT7TkobfURw

quote:

Faith2Action President Janet Porter told attendees at the Ohio Liberty Coalition's "Reload 4 Liberty" event that Facebook has been censoring people like anti-gay activist Peter LaBarbera.

Porter lamented that "while tomorrow Facebook employees are gathering to go march at the gay pride parade in San Francisco," they are censoring people with "unpopular opinions."

She then described ReaganBook as a social network that tears down walls like President Reagan.

“We’re tearing down walls of tyranny and censorship," she said.

ReaganBook, now at 36 members, welcomes all individuals to "connect and share freely."

The site says it will not "scan, mine or sell user content."

"We stand by what Ronald Reagan said, ‘Government has no power except those voluntarily granted to it by we the people,'" the site reads. "The same holds true for your social media: don’t grant your social media any power to collect, sell, exploit, and divulge your private information."

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 29, 2014

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Evil Fluffy posted:

The best part of their stupidity is that if they draw on people crossing over, illegally or not, holding those people at gunpoint would be very, very, bad for them and they'd be lucky if they didn't see a long stay in a cell and permanent loss of gun ownership.

Yeah, unlawful detention and false imprisonment are felonies and grounds for a lawsuit.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Fried Chicken posted:

Yeah, unlawful detention and false imprisonment are felonies and grounds for a lawsuit.

Out of curiosity, how do lawsuits for people from outside the country work? I suppose this applies to tourists as well as the illegal immigrants.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Is there like a psychological disorder or syncope or anything in the DSM IV associated with a pathological need to create your "own" versions of popular things because you're so convinced that the original versions are biased against your political views? I feel like there ought to be.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

YES!

drumroll

ReaganBook

Announcement video

Wasn't there a tea party themed Facebook that GBS went to town on? Maybe it's time for a new thread...

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Why did they blur out that dude's beard?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Why did they blur out that dude's beard?

They said that it is for their protection against the cartels

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Wasn't there a tea party themed Facebook that GBS went to town on? Maybe it's time for a new thread...

Tea Party Community. That was a fun thread.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I'll start my OWN Facebook! With diapers, and hookers!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

You don't need email verification uh oh

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
I want to deport all those fuckers to eastern Ukraine.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

You don't need email verification uh oh

TPC II: Troll Harder?

Does new gibbis still do that sort of thing?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

TPC II: Troll Harder?

Does new gibbis still do that sort of thing?

I am making the thread as we speak

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654079

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 29, 2014

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Here is the old one.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Boon posted:

But... Clinton killed Glass-Steagal...

I'm aware, but it was Republican legislation and my hard right Republican father in law, who blames Clinton and Carter (TCRA) had never heard of it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

djw175 posted:

Out of curiosity, how do lawsuits for people from outside the country work? I suppose this applies to tourists as well as the illegal immigrants.

My guess is that it could go a lot of different ways, depending on the jurisdiction. I could imagine some of the right wing shithole states thanking the guys for holding the illegals then sending them away, but I think that could be argued to violate slavery laws in that you're holding humans captive. I could also imagine some jurisdictions arguing that American laws only actually apply to American citizens.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I am guessing they arent editing usernames because I am in as Reagan Cum Shot

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

So if you joined ReaganBook and just pasted in some vile freeper poo poo, would that be alarming for them or would it be exactly what they are looking for?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I am guessing they arent editing usernames because I am in as Reagan Cum Shot

Let's see how long their anti-censorship promise lasts.:getin:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

My guess is that it could go a lot of different ways, depending on the jurisdiction. I could imagine some of the right wing shithole states thanking the guys for holding the illegals then sending them away, but I think that could be argued to violate slavery laws in that you're holding humans captive. I could also imagine some jurisdictions arguing that American laws only actually apply to American citizens.

The states might try that but the feds could still charge the guys. Bonus points if the militia fucktards can get charged with impersonating federal officers for trying to play border patrol man.

Swan Oat posted:

I want to deport all those fuckers to eastern Ukraine.

Ship them to Iraq or Africa to get brutally murdered by fight ISIS or Boko Haram.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Alter Ego posted:

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

YES!

drumroll

ReaganBook

Announcement video

Someone troll this with actual quotes/policy positions from Reagan.

edit: beaten. Bless you, Ice Cream Glove.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
I'll never forget how the TPC tried to sic the FBI on SA for being meanies to them on the internet :laffo:

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Alter Ego posted:

Is there like a psychological disorder or syncope or anything in the DSM IV associated with a pathological need to create your "own" versions of popular things because you're so convinced that the original versions are biased against your political views? I feel like there ought to be.
I remember hearing about a dating site for Hannity fans called Hannidate a few years ago. That's my favorite right-wing version of a regular thing.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I'd like to know if those militia dudes are even from Texas, let alone a border town. Or how many are actually ex-military.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I get how someone could misinterpret Pink Houses, Rockin in the Free World or Born in the USA if they only listened to the refrain but I have a hard time understanding how anyone could misinterpret Fortunate Son.

This is exactly how a friend of mine ended up thinking rockin in the free world was pro-America as hell until he asked why my commie rear end had a CD with it in my car.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

DUM TUM DUM!

For what it's worth, you must be talking about the first Purge movie. In the one that came out recently the rich are universally portrayed as monsters and the government uses the purges as cover to wipe out whole inner city apartment buildings. A pretty good D&D movie, actually.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Okonner posted:

For what it's worth, you must be talking about the first Purge movie. In the one that came out recently the rich are universally portrayed as monsters and the government uses the purges as cover to wipe out whole inner city apartment buildings. A pretty good D&D movie, actually.

Conversely, Cheap Thrills was a fun movie, although it betrays an unhealthy philosophy of what the super rich are actually like. Also it was the only role I've ever liked David Koechner in.

Pythagoras a trois fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Okonner posted:

The original was pretty D&D as well. It starts trying to make you sympathetic for the rich white family under siege and having the dad feed the line about how the mysterious black guy is a threat who should be turned over because the purge is vigilante justice on people who deserve it. Over the course you learn that the dad is rich because he sells purge security kits to other people and his rantings about the threat the black guy is end up unfounded. Eventually they are driven out of their fortress house but the reactionary attackers are done. The twist is then their poorer, middle class neighbors come out together to murder the rich assholes who made them live their lives in fear and exploited that fear to rob them blind by riling up poor reactionaries to hunt people.

Whole lot of racial, class, and political commentary going on for a slasher film

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 29, 2014

• Locked thread