Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i need all the funny pics of google ya got.

it's for a project you will like. thank you.

get the largest you can.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

facebook's privacy pivot is happening and google's stuck holding their dick and trying to roll back the quagmire that is google+

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2014/07/facebook_s_privacy_pivot_mark_zuckerberg_s_plan_to_win_back_trust.single.html

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
you sure have a vivid imagination cremnob

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

facebook privacy pivot lol

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
wish u'd pivot your posts out of this thread lol

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

theadder posted:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Mr. Glass posted:

wish u'd pivot your posts out of this thread lol

lmao

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Dec 26, 2012

theadder posted:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
well now that we've done lolling at facebook, let me lol again at google finally allowing people not to use their real names

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Wheany posted:

well now that we've done lolling at facebook, let me lol again at google finally allowing people not to use their real names

rip vic we hardly knew ye

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

google plus blocked names containing "jobs"

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
my buddy steve wozniak had to fax in his driver's license before they believed him. those algos were pretty poo poo for the first few months.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
i guess i could go and change my name to something else, but that would probably require me to open google+ in the browser, so...

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

my buddy steve wozniak had to fax in his driver's license before they believed him. those algos were pretty poo poo for the first few months.

wait, you can actually talk to people at google now if something fucks up?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

slogsdon posted:

wait, you can actually talk to people at google now if something fucks up?

im watching spiderman 2 and it bites

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

is that to represent android whatever dot whatever "hastily thrown together disposable piece of garbage" ?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Sniep posted:

is that to represent android whatever dot whatever "hastily thrown together disposable piece of garbage" ?

there's not enough asian tourists taking pictures in front of it for this to be an actual thing on google campus

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i want the gle to pop or something so it says Goo

then the logo will look like it belongs on a childrens toy even more than it already does

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i probably shouldn't make a habit of this but here is the latest entry on the cafe feedback mailing list. jfc

quote:

[Foodback 23610: US_KIR] Ice for 2pm Italian sodas changed

Hoping this was just a one time thing, but the type of ice today in "The Lair" MK is not nearly as nice for making italian sodas as the other kind. Today's was kind of like waffles, before it was more like gerbil food pellets.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

when is google voice going to be killed and merged into hangouts while losing features in the transition

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

cremnob posted:

when is google voice going to be killed and merged into hangouts while losing features in the transition

when you least expect it

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i probably shouldn't make a habit of this but here is the latest entry on the cafe feedback mailing list. jfc

no, please, please do. and is there anyone around here that can make a wiki???

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

dear god, is no google feature sacred?!

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

fuzzy mammal the sooner u let go of any loyalty u have to google and start treating it as a job u do at a lovely company the happier u will be. google x and the like are jedi mind tricks from management designed to brainwash the drones working for them. they want u to think u work at an innovative tech company, but really ur working at an internet utility that makes its money selling search ads. just ask ur self why the "innovation" never materializes into anything real.

ur plugged into the matrix fuzzy mammal. ur living in a fiction created by google management and ur being strung along with propaganda about larry's "20 year vision". but deep down u know there is no vision. u know that the most innovative thing google did in its entire history as a company was (if we're being generous) making a new search engine in a crowded space. its next hit product was gmail, literally an email service. does that seem like vision to u? no, ur not that dumb. in ur heart u understand that innovation was never part of google's origin story and that as an institution it lacks the skill set to be a real innovative company

when ur ready to take the red pill and take this sucker down, let me know

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

cremnob posted:

google x and the like are jedi mind tricks from management designed to brainwash the drones working for them.

i thought larry fired all the managers one day because he saw The Corporation documentary, and now the engineers are self managing, like a colony of ants

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
red pill or no, please keep posting google mailing list entries fuzzy mammal

thanks in advance

Dec 26, 2012

cremnob posted:

fuzzy mammal the sooner u let go of any loyalty u have to google and start treating it as a job u do at a lovely company the happier u will be. google x and the like are jedi mind tricks from management designed to brainwash the drones working for them. they want u to think u work at an innovative tech company, but really ur working at an internet utility that makes its money selling search ads. just ask ur self why the "innovation" never materializes into anything real.

ur plugged into the matrix fuzzy mammal. ur living in a fiction created by google management and ur being strung along with propaganda about larry's "20 year vision". but deep down u know there is no vision. u know that the most innovative thing google did in its entire history as a company was (if we're being generous) making a new search engine in a crowded space. its next hit product was gmail, literally an email service. does that seem like vision to u? no, ur not that dumb. in ur heart u understand that innovation was never part of google's origin story and that as an institution it lacks the skill set to be a real innovative company

lol

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

cremnob posted:

cremnob.txt

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cremnob posted:

something something tim something suppository something

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

but seriously cremnob is right

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

google's problem used to be they didn't apply any effort, they just made little apps in their 30% free time and if they failed, they blamed the idea and moved on.

now things like google plus have had some actually effort put in, and there's an overall design push too.

but those have failed, and what they're finding is they just don't have the organizational experience to release and market a product on a mass scale. all that time they've spent ideating and experimenting should have been spent perfecting the marketing and distribution process.

i guess their hope is with a "moon shot" they can get the first-mover advantage in a new category with no competition and where their inexperience doesn't matter.

this is almost identical to microsoft, where they had one hit knock-off product, and assumed that gave them the know-how to make a successful mp3 player, video game console, tablet and phone.

whereas apple has released the mac, iMac, iPod, iphone and iPad, with refreshes of each yearly. they are so far ahead of google and microsoft in experience and proven track record that there's no fitting analogy to do it justice. it's not coke vs. pepsi. it's like the economy of north america vs. north korea, where north korea is google, always boasting about their latest jerry-rigged doomsday weapons to destroy apple while their actual sole source of income is manufacturing the nipples on baby bottles.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
america is under trillions of dollars of debt though

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

that ignores the fact that google doesnt release and market products but instead stands between users customers and products and takes money and data as it passes among them

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

saucepanman posted:

america is under trillions of dollars of debt though

so what?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
google: why not monetize failure as well as success?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

well I said North America but if I could go back and do it all again I'd say Germany or Japan or something

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

the problem is that we owe it in dollars and if they feel the need to print or inflate their way out of the debt then those who owe me and my company money will be significantly less poor not to mention what will happen to my gigantic pile of money

so plz keep interest rates and inflation as close to zero as you can thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

PleasureKevin posted:

i thought larry fired all the managers one day because he saw The Corporation documentary, and now the engineers are self managing, like a colony of ants

theyre more like worker bees protecting the queen (justine tunney). seriously how is that idiot not fired yet

• Locked thread