Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

What's Bill's Romney-like gaffe in that debate video? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Shear Modulus posted:

Quick, some enterprising goon get out in front of this an start making "Miss me yet? :smug:" Romney bumper stickers.

An employee of the state Republican party I once visited has a "Don't blame me , I voted for Romney" sticker on his cubicle. Someone beat us to it.

I remember being mystified at the time. Saying that about Mitt, of all people, seemed impossible, even for the most blindly partisan.

About Gore, I can understand, along with Kerry. But Romney?

Edit: A quick Google search indicates that the most popular "Don't blame me..." stickers right now are Romney, followed by Ron Paul.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jul 29, 2014

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Ninjasaurus posted:

Actually, that "two different endings" story is just a rumor and has been debunked. :eng101:

The idea that the two different endings story is false is also an incorrect rumour. The myth was that Godzilla wins in Japan, when in fact it's more of a tie. The Japanese and American versions are slightly different, where the Japanese version has Godzilla's roar at the end of the movie and some dialogue implying that he survived the battle, while the American ending does not.

Abel Wingnut posted:

What's Bill's Romney-like gaffe in that debate video? :confused:

When he talks about knowing the owners of factories that go out of business, and not talking about the workers there. Romney had a similar gaffe when talking to a group of NASCAR fans and mentioning that some of his friends own NASCAR teams.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

I can't believe no one called out the whole "Babylon only existed in 6000 BC" thing :psyduck:

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

The idea that the two different endings story is false is also an incorrect rumour. The myth was that Godzilla wins in Japan, when in fact it's more of a tie. The Japanese and American versions are slightly different, where the Japanese version has Godzilla's roar at the end of the movie and some dialogue implying that he survived the battle, while the American ending does not.

Well... you sure showed me. :eng99:

(I've only seen the Japanese version anyways.)

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

Beamed posted:

I can't believe no one called out the whole "Babylon only existed in 6000 BC" thing :psyduck:

You mean Babylon, a Semitic Akkadian city dating from the period of the Akkadian Empire c. 2300 BC?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Barto posted:

You mean Babylon, a Semitic Akkadian city dating from the period of the Akkadian Empire c. 2300 BC?

Maybe they mean the city's development into city-state power about 450 years later.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

Maybe they mean the city's development into city-state power about 450 years later.

No, I think some silly billy said that Babylon was around in 6,000 BC. I assume they meant Sumer...since the founding of Babylon was as distant from Sumer as we are from Julius Caesar (give or take a few hundred years). This caused some confusion...

I guess they were yelling at the young earth creationist for saying the extent of recorded history was only 5,000 years. It's more like 7,000 I guess?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Barto posted:

No, I think some silly billy said that Babylon was around in 6,000 BC. I assume they meant Sumer...since the founding of Babylon was as distant from Sumer as we are from Julius Caesar (give or take a few hundred years). This caused some confusion...

I guess they were yelling at the young earth creationist for saying the extent of recorded history was only 5,000 years. It's more like 7,000 I guess?

Yeah it was me, I meant Sumeria but blanked on the name so I went with Babylon because I was too lazy to Google.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

William Bear posted:

An employee of the state Republican party I once visited has a "Don't blame me , I voted for Romney" sticker on his cubicle. Someone beat us to it.

I remember being mystified at the time. Saying that about Mitt, of all people, seemed impossible, even for the most blindly partisan.

About Gore, I can understand, along with Kerry. But Romney?

Edit: A quick Google search indicates that the most popular "Don't blame me..." stickers right now are Romney, followed by Ron Paul.

My mom voted for Obama, but she definately had a "Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Bush" sticker in 1993.

Her reasoning was more like Marge Simpsons than anything.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
romney was so bad my racist grandpa voted for obama

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Don't blame me, I voted for Gilgamesh.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Lote posted:

In the interview, she casually drops the fact that "all of recorded human history" is "about 5000 years." Somehow this, young earth creationist viewpoint is not even close the most ridiculous statement out of that interview. :lol:

Not going to find much "recorded" human history past the 2000s BCE. Archaeology can tell us a ton, but people in 8000 BCE weren't exactly writing down much.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Full Battle Rattle posted:

well good for you, now he's running incessant footraces through the city and demanding prima noctis rights with every new bride. Enkidu 2016: A beastman we can believe in.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper Dan posted:

Lets ask Rick Santorum about how comparing homosexuality to deviant sexual practices like bestiality worked out for him in a presidential campaign:

Oh. Right.

The craziest part of this photo will always be that the little girl and her doll are wearing the exact same outfit.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

zeal posted:

well good for you, now he's running incessant footraces through the city and demanding prima noctis rights with every new bride. Enkidu 2016: A beastman we can believe in.

Still not sure why you guys didn't vote Enkidu 2012. Sure he didn't win, but you would not believe the amount of hookers and beer Gilgamesh sent Enkidu voters.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I Voted For Kodos :smug:

RIP IV4K

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Patter Song posted:

Not going to find much "recorded" human history past the 2000s BCE. Archaeology can tell us a ton, but people in 8000 BCE weren't exactly writing down much.

I know I got beaten down, but I just want to believe Bachmann is a young earther.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Lote posted:

I know I got beaten down, but I just want to believe Bachmann is a young earther.

I mean, I think she actually might be. This quote just isn't evidence.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

The craziest part of this photo will always be that the little girl and her doll are wearing the exact same outfit.

I'm guessing you don't have kids, My Gay Uncle (:v:)
My parents are taking my 3 year old to the American Girl store on Friday, and she will absolutely flip her poo poo if she realizes she and her doll can be "same-same" as she puts it.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I just thought it meant her mom made both dresses.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Warcabbit posted:

I just thought it meant her mom made both dresses.

Nah, there's a whole segment of industry devoted to matching girl and doll clothes. Typically they're very frilly/fancy dress up clothes, too. It makes sense why an eight year old would pick that outfit as a party dress, which it would have been had things gone like she obviously expected them to go.

I realize this is the second time in a week I'm coming in here with Santorum apologia, so don't make a mistake: The guy is a monster for his policies, but his kids were acting like kids in that picture and his grief at losing a child is a horror I only had the barest taste of, and I wish it on no one.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

DOOP posted:

I Voted For Kodos :smug:

RIP IV4K

I AM CLIN-TON!

B B
Dec 1, 2005

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

romney was so bad my racist grandpa voted for obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJJKW7ea1oc

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

zeal posted:

I can't believe he wasted all that money on Gilgacare and in the end it got eaten by a snake. Or a private contractor. Depending on the version you believe.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Dapper Dan posted:

Lets ask Rick Santorum about how comparing homosexuality to deviant sexual practices like bestiality worked out for him in a presidential campaign:

Oh. Right.

I helped cause that little girl to cry. Sometimes Democracy DOES work.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

Holy Christ thank you for posting this. It really crystallizes how awkward and alien Mitt Romney is. BEEP BOOP RUN HUMAN SIMULATION PROGRAM LV. 1

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Ninjasaurus posted:

Holy Christ thank you for posting this. It really crystallizes how awkward and alien Mitt Romney is. BEEP BOOP RUN HUMAN SIMULATION PROGRAM LV. 1

That line near the end...'sunny and clear like this, with low precipitation'...he even hosed up talking about the weather.

And yet the GOP will struggle fielding a candidate even as credible as that malfunctioning cyborg.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ninjasaurus posted:

I like the part where Ann is like "I don't think people understand his sense of humor"

Of course not you crazy shithead, it's the humor of a quarter-billion dollar Mormon who has a half dozen houses in nearly as many states one of which has a loving car elevator. It's the humor of a man who casually challenges you to a ten thousand dollar bet like it's loving penny stakes. Of loving course people wouldn't understand it.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am really, really hoping he runs again. Mitt Romney was my favorite presidential candidate of all time.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

Juvenalian.Satyr posted:

I am really, really hoping he runs again. Mitt Romney was my favorite presidential candidate of all time.

I hope he's the GOP's presidential nominee for life.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Romney 2020: Romney Was Right Twice

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
There needs to be a sitcom where mitt is forever trapped into running for president against his will.

ANN: Yes, yes. This polling trend that she's come up with, honey, this-this is gonna be the new victory path for 2016. You're gonna be the third Mormon nominee!

MITT: But I don't wanna be the nominee!

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

There needs to be a sitcom where mitt is forever trapped into running for president against his will.

ANN: Yes, yes. This polling trend that she's come up with, honey, this-this is gonna be the new victory path for 2016. You're gonna be the third Mormon nominee!

MITT: But I don't wanna be the nominee!

This could be a good David Lynch type thing. The nomination is announced. He's got it locked. He stares up in horror. How many times is this? 10? 100? He can't remember. It just keeps happening. And when he begs, pleads, the audience not to give him the nomination again the audience politely chuckles as though they just heard a folksy anecdote. By the end of the six hour run time there's a totally placid Charlie Rose getting screamed at by a man who's stuck like a needle in the record of time.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Mitt Romney for eternal Republican nominee, Joe Biden for eternal Democratic VP nominee. Allahu akbar.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

This could be a good David Lynch type thing. The nomination is announced. He's got it locked. He stares up in horror. How many times is this? 10? 100? He can't remember. It just keeps happening. And when he begs, pleads, the audience not to give him the nomination again the audience politely chuckles as though they just heard a folksy anecdote. By the end of the six hour run time there's a totally placid Charlie Rose getting screamed at by a man who's stuck like a needle in the record of time.

Romney campaign HQ: the black lodge.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Juvenalian.Satyr posted:

This said after two goes at the nomination, one that worked, with a fair amount of freakout after the first debate. It's easy to put down a loser, but Nixon won. Twice.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Let's not deny the GOP a new national vessel

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

The true #RomneyDeathRally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

mooyashi posted:

This said after two goes at the nomination, one that worked, with a fair amount of freakout after the first debate. It's easy to put down a loser, but Nixon won. Twice.
That freakout was more because Obama hosed up than anything Romney did. Romney was okay but the real thing was Barack looking like a guy trying to bullshit his way through an oral report on a book he didn't read.

Thankfully, he got better.

• Locked thread