Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Hollismason posted:

At least this issue addresses the elephant in the room of " Everything these guys are doing is completely illegal in all courts of law" and how horrific battles of normal people vs. supers would be.

The world just came down from the heady high of new shiny superhero thing! Allison taking off the mask was the stone that started the avalanche. Now everyone has to look at what has really been going on for the past five to six years. That's going to be hella fun. There's a lot of stuff that happened that we've only glanced sideways at (hello Martial Law during Menace's rise).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

jsoh posted:

I would guess its not Moonshadow just because the depiction of moonshadow (http://strongfemaleprotagonist.com/issue-2/sfp-2-29/) doesnt fit with the silhouette of the stabby person on the cover.

well i was fuckin wrong

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What do you me- ah poo poo.

So I guess there's an update?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, there was no good answer to that situation, was there.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I did not see that coming.

Sorry for the pun

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
It could be a double-twist!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

drat it, there was absolutely no indication that this meek and unassuming woman who became a scarred hard rear end would turn into a ruthless stealthy vigilante, especially with a name like moonshadow!

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Yeah, I mean, who would have thought that the one person we know of with invisibility powers ended up being the secret invisible killer?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Pavlov posted:

Yeah, I mean, who would have thought that the one person we know of with invisibility powers ended up being the secret invisible killer?

Well it's probably not a coincidence that the comic is making no effort to really hide it. Thus why we're being shown that this is the case instead of pretending like we don't know until Alison finds out and GASPS!

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Pavlov posted:

nothing in the text says anything about her having invisibility powers, before this page.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

jsoh posted:

nothing in the text says anything about her having invisibility powers, before this page.

Hell, people weren't even sure if the guy going by "Sonar" had any kind of offensive powers. We just have speculation on what exactly Moonshadow's powers are and if she can turn invisible, why was she constantly getting targeted and needing cover from the other group members?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Hell, people weren't even sure if the guy going by "Sonar" had any kind of offensive powers. We just have speculation on what exactly Moonshadow's powers are and if she can turn invisible, why was she constantly getting targeted and needing cover from the other group members?
Their powers have apparently intensified over the years. Maybe she started out stealthy, or maybe Predator-type cloaking, and only later became capable of this level of invisibility.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
That would also explain why the news didn't instantly go, "Has Moonshadow gone rogue?" when an invisible person went on a stabbing rampage.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Also if she has that visual smear, it's possible that supervillains/well-equipped criminals would be able to detect or see her if they knew she was around. Random people who aren't expecting her wouldn't be alert or knowledgeable enough to keep an eye out.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
It seems like the power goes beyond being invisible, too, since Brad apparently couldn't catch her sneaking up on him despite the fact that he pretty much has to have super-hearing with those ears.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Still sticking to the theory that her ability is telepathic based. But her knife is interesting. It doesn't look like any kind of metal and it's a single continuous material.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Okay I see where it's going now with Moonshadow being the culprit and am now actually intrigued.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Brought To You By posted:

Still sticking to the theory that her ability is telepathic based. But her knife is interesting. It doesn't look like any kind of metal and it's a single continuous material.
Could be ceramic. Ceramic knives hold a really good edge (which is basically required because they're really hard to sharpen) and won't trip metal detectors, which can be useful if you're going on a vigilante killing spree. They're brittle, though--they slice better than they would stab, I imagine.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
It should feel cheap that we didn't hear anything about Alison having a teammate with invisibility powers until after we'd gotten to the part in the story with the invisible killer, but the other way round probably would've been more unsatisfying.

Also: called it.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Brought To You By posted:

Elysiume posted:

Could be ceramic. Ceramic knives hold a really good edge (which is basically required because they're really hard to sharpen) and won't trip metal detectors, which can be useful if you're going on a vigilante killing spree. They're brittle, though--they slice better than they would stab, I imagine.

We saw her growing spikes out of her body just last page.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think that's her.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tollymain posted:

I don't think that's her.

Yeah wrong color scheme and a much looser costume... probably to account for body spikes.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
One thing that strikes me after this last page: Brad keeps calling Alison by her real name, but she keeps calling him by his code name, though she started the conversation with his real name.

...must get confusing, having two names to call everyone.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
She calls him Brad at the end when they hug. He also goes back and forth on calling Moonshadow by her real name or not. Probably just like having nicknames, right?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
... Anyone else think that this would be the best place to insert a tragic plot twist? :tinfoil:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Unlucky7 posted:

... Anyone else think that this would be the best place to insert a tragic plot twist? :tinfoil:

What, you mean like Moonshadow being an unhinged murder factory?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Alopex posted:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I hope she keeps up with Cleaver and they become friendly, he needs a hug.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

MikeJF posted:

I hope she keeps up with Cleaver and they become friendly, he needs a hug.

He really does, and she's quite probably the only person in the world who could literally survive giving him one.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Alopex posted:

More like Alison walking in to find a body.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if there are any individuals as monstrous looking as Cleaver on the side of 'good'.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if there are any individuals as monstrous looking as Cleaver on the side of 'good'.

I imagine so. Looking somewhat grotesque never stopped the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Give Sonar an evil costume and he'd make a supervillain.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

nimby posted:

Give Sonar an evil costume and he'd make a supervillain.
You mean something like this?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Subtle composition, this.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Maybe he'll talk about the importance of schooling from there?

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Those doodles are a little heart-breaking. I'm not sure if they're from his prime dork superkiddo years or recently done in a fit of grief but if it's the latter then it's sad in an entirely different way.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

his loving bedspread ha ha ha

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Alison is still a bit of a jerk, first telling Pintsize she isn't there to make fun of him, then making fun of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Yes, but at least she's a funny jerk this time. Also this might actually be the kind of thing he needs to hear.

• Locked thread