Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

canyoneer posted:

I have bought a bunch of Blu Ray box sets from amazon.co.uk. Blu Ray is not region locked, and it sometimes ends up being way cheaper to buy there and ship to the US than buy the equivalent here.
I bought the 8 disc Harry Potter set the year it was released for ~$30 shipped to the US when amazon.com had it for $85

Interesting. Even weirder for .ca though is everything still ships from the US (Kentucky). I was charged nearly $8 for customs even though the last thing I bought also came through the US and had no import fees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

leidend posted:

Even weirder for .ca though is everything still ships from the US (Kentucky).

Certainly not everything. I can't be bothered to check old tracking numbers but I'd say the majority of stuff I order from .ca ships from Concord, Ontario. I don't think I've ever paid a customs charge when ordering from .ca either.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Robawesome posted:

Certainly not everything. I can't be bothered to check old tracking numbers but I'd say the majority of stuff I order from .ca ships from Concord, Ontario. I don't think I've ever paid a customs charge when ordering from .ca either.

OK well I can only go on my own orders (not many). And yeah customs charges are only from .com

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

canyoneer posted:

I have bought a bunch of Blu Ray box sets from amazon.co.uk. Blu Ray is not region locked

Uh this is patently false and there are most definitely different regions for blu ray just like DVD.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
A pound of premium skinless turkey breast. Fresh off the bird, and sooooo delicious. Also a jar of homemade apricot jam and some cucumbers.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

canyoneer posted:

I have bought a bunch of Blu Ray box sets from amazon.co.uk. Blu Ray is not region locked, and it sometimes ends up being way cheaper to buy there and ship to the US than buy the equivalent here.

Blu-Ray has region coding, it's just different from the DVD regions. Some companies don't bother to region-lock their Blu-Ray releases if the movies are old enough, which is probably the case with your Harry Potter set.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

big mean giraffe posted:

Uh this is patently false and there are most definitely different regions for blu ray just like DVD.

Huh. What do you know?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#Region_codes

I stand corrected, but I guess that's why the Warner Brothers and Sony ones worked just fine :tipshat:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Robawesome posted:

It depends on if it's shipped by Amazon or a third-party seller. I've also had stuff from .ca come from Vancouver too, but yeah. Anything with the prime logo whether you're prime or not is going to ship from within Canada.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anything I have ever ordered in like 10 years from Amazon.ca has come from Mississauga. Except for third parties, of course.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
Indulged in some retail therapy over the weekend.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

So, does it work?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Heresiarch posted:

Blu-Ray has region coding, it's just different from the DVD regions. Some companies don't bother to region-lock their Blu-Ray releases if the movies are old enough, which is probably the case with your Harry Potter set.

A tip if you live in Australia - buy a Blu Ray player online from Indonesia (you'll need to replace the plug) or New Guinea. They use the same power standard we do and most come with an English language option.

New Guinea is region 1 but we're lumped in with loving Africa, what the poo poo?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Or just get a region-free player.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MaliciousOnion posted:

Or just get a region-free player.
Harder to buy than you would realize.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I loved this game, but it almost always seems to fall victim to "quarterbacking", where one player figures does the math and figures out how we're going to win in 8 turns as long as we all do exactly what he says.

We usually designate people that are in charge of "containment" who manage the cube count on the board and others are "research" who try and get the cards needed to find cures. That splits it up some so there's a cooperative team thing to it.

I'm interested to see how he does Pandemic: Legacy.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I found a great deal on Craigslist for a blue Nintendo 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 and New Super Mario Bros. 2, all in great condition, for $100. :quagmire:

Also just switched from Sprint to Verizon, so new phone (Samsung Galaxy S5).

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. has a new favorite as of 23:54 on Jul 29, 2014

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

amenenema posted:

So, does it work?

Not OP, but I have this stuff and it's amazing. I shake the bottle and spray about 5 sprays onto the water and it covers up like 90% of the smell. The one I have smells very lemony, and I keep it in my purse all the time.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Also just switched from Sprint to Verizon, so new phone (Samsung Galaxy S5).

I did the same thing. My signal had always been spotty, but it got abruptly worse, to the point that I had zero bars at my workplace and in my home.

Now I have LTE everywhere.

Side note: apparently rooting and then installing Xposed evidently breaks Samsung health app, including the pedometer widget.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

(Ooma. It's an IP phone thing, like MagicJack)

My reception at home blows, and signal boosters are like $800. This costs $4 a month.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Robin Sparkles posted:

Not OP, but I have this stuff and it's amazing. I shake the bottle and spray about 5 sprays onto the water and it covers up like 90% of the smell. The one I have smells very lemony, and I keep it in my purse all the time.

Sounds pretty OP to me. I'll have to give it a poo poo.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Some lights.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I did the same thing. My signal had always been spotty, but it got abruptly worse, to the point that I had zero bars at my workplace and in my home.

Now I have LTE everywhere.

:hfive:

content: just traded in TLoU PS3 at gamestop and got the PS4 remaster for half price.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

Snes controller to Wii adapter. I bought it because I have the Zelda Anniversary thing, and I want to play Zelda and Zelda 2 correctly.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

amenenema posted:

So, does it work?

That was a reup purchase :) 4 to 5 spritzes and a courtesy flush saved my relationship. It's not a miracle spray but it makes things pretty tolerable. The small bottle lasts forever. No need to get the bigger one.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

I went with the all black this time instead of the black/white.

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Tom Cruise <3 Katie Holmes.
Katie Holmes <3 Tom Cruise.
:yaycloud:

ThaShaneTrain posted:

Been selling my board games to buy more board games. I hit the 100 mark and now I'm cycling out the old.

First thing I bought was something I already have!

Got the newer sexier version so it'll match the Lab expansion and whatever else that chucklefuck Matt Leacock comes up with.

This game is pretty much a single player game disguised as a cooperative board game. It's like inviting 3 of your friends over to play Zelda on your N64 and assigning everybody a button to press.

If there was political motives or a treachery subplot to the game it would bring it to a new level.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Grump posted:

Snes controller to Wii adapter. I bought it because I have the Zelda Anniversary thing, and I want to play Zelda and Zelda 2 correctly.

wouldnt you need http://www.amazon.com/NES-SNES-Wii-Adapter-Mayflash-Nintendo/dp/B00B4N2WOE ? (NES/SNES to Wii adapter

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Or just use the Wiimote sideways. Pretty sure the SNES controller and "correctly" was a :thejoke:

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Zelda-Collectors-Adventure-Pc/dp/B004CHLNWQ

I want to play a Gamecube game on my Wii without having to use the Gamecube controller, you see.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!
A case of smoked beer.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

I got a spin bike.

Gonna get tiny. :dance:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

rockcity posted:

Most of this was bought over the past few months, but I finally just finished everything. Those 3D wall panels were a goddamn pain in the rear end and I wouldn't do them again given the choice. They look nice, but god drat that was a lot of joint compound and sanding. I'm going to be finding dust in the house for weeks. All in all I'm super happy with everything and glad I decided to install everything myself. I do need to find a wall mounted wine rack for the booze side though. Maybe something coffee related for the other side.

I have a beer already fermented and ready for the kegerator too.

Fellow brew-goon respect!

I personally wouldn't go a kegerator, but that's because I usually have at least 4 kegs on haha. Worth the dollars to get something nice in the way of dispensing. I am currently in the process of building a bar around a Keezer, but it will be portable and glamourous as gently caress. I'm thinking black iron much like the TappedBeer guys but not with the retarded price tag, and a nice timber bar built to be removable (we don't own our house, uni student etc). Currently waiting for my student allowance bullshit to get sorted so I can actually have spending money again instead of literally just covering bills and food. I need to get that chest freezer!

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

McSpergin posted:

Fellow brew-goon respect!

I personally wouldn't go a kegerator, but that's because I usually have at least 4 kegs on haha. Worth the dollars to get something nice in the way of dispensing. I am currently in the process of building a bar around a Keezer, but it will be portable and glamourous as gently caress. I'm thinking black iron much like the TappedBeer guys but not with the retarded price tag, and a nice timber bar built to be removable (we don't own our house, uni student etc). Currently waiting for my student allowance bullshit to get sorted so I can actually have spending money again instead of literally just covering bills and food. I need to get that chest freezer!

Here, have a rendered 3D image of my design.
e: image played up

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Here, have a rendered 3D image of my design.
e: image played up

That's pretty awesome. The dual tap setup is sufficient for me, mostly because it is just my wife and I in my house and my wife doesn't drink at all, so two 5 gallon kegs of beer will last me quite a while. Most of my beer drinking friends are about 30 minutes from me to, so the vast majority of what's in there will be consumed by me. The one thing I have left is that I'm going to buy sliding shelves and a door mount for them so the left cabinet pulls all the way out to hold my glassware. I'm also potentially getting my friend with a 3D printer to make me some custom tap handles.

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007
Santa Cruz Skateboards X Rockin' Jelly Bean decks

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

king of the bongo posted:

A case of smoked beer.

I went to Bamberg especially to try some Schlenkerla. It was the worst tasting beer I've had in my life, couldn't even finish half a pint.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

gypsycabdriver posted:

Santa Cruz Skateboards X Rockin' Jelly Bean decks

Huh, so that's what happened to the old Hook-Ups boards.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Got this thing to connect my Wii U to my PC monitor

and some new thongs to replace my $3 replacements after my last pair broke

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.
I bought this:

So I can make myself one of these:

This is what two weeks in Tokyo does to you, you get addicted to arcades..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tomkat posted:

This game is pretty much a single player game disguised as a cooperative board game. It's like inviting 3 of your friends over to play Zelda on your N64 and assigning everybody a button to press.

If there was political motives or a treachery subplot to the game it would bring it to a new level.
I agree! I've played it a couple of times now and I don't understand why people think it's the second coming.