Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The main problem with Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and Hitman: Contracts is that your sneak speed is just absurdly slow. It's very noticeable if you have played Blood Money or Absolution. Despite loving Hitman 2 when it came out, I now find it to be unplayable because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Zeether posted:

So I got a foil card from Trails in the Sky, but I have no idea what to sell it for since nobody's bought one yet to add to the price history. $10 good?
I had the first foil of Half-Minute Hero 2 for two days and a week for that one card, and no one bought any until someone finally put it up for $3, twice.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The main problem with Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and Hitman: Contracts is that your sneak speed is just absurdly slow. It's very noticeable if you have played Blood Money or Absolution. Despite loving Hitman 2 when it came out, I now find it to be unplayable because of this.

I can definitely agree with this, I don't really play those anymore because of the sneak speed, and the disguises being annoying.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
So, one of the original enhanced steam guys made a thing to idle cards automatically. It was named Idle Master but it looks like he ripped off SAM and now the github is gone so let's just ignore this thing

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 30, 2014

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Luckily though, in Contracts at least you're pretty quiet even when you're just doing the regular walk. You're just not totally silent.

It was never that big of a problem because you hardly ever need to sneak in Contracts, if ever. Silent Assassin either, for that matter. In both games I just completely ignored the sneak command and forgot that you could even do it after a while.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Word of warning to those thinking about picking up Trails in the Sky, the game is extremely crash heavy unless you play in windowed mode at like 600x800 resolution. They're apparently working on fixing it but a ton of people on the forums are complaining about it. Personally, it took like 3 tries to get past the opening cutscene without crashing, doesn't bode well.

The issues seem to be really random. Running without issue windowed at 1600x900. Fullscreen worked fine except for video playblack was all messed up (had I known there was only one FMV in the game I would've just dealt with it.)

You basically need to do at least one of the following (work down the list, essentially)
1) Run windowed (this really only messes up the opening FMV in a lot of cases)
2) Run at a resolution below your monitor's max
3) Turn off high resolution fonts
4) If you run into missing textures upon reaching the first town, turn off the vertex shader option in the game's configuration (might want to just leave that off by default)

Oh and there's also a glitch with some mice where it unassigns the left button and assigns the right one to confirm. You can set them manually easy enough though.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Mokinokaro posted:

The issues seem to be really random. Running without issue windowed at 1600x900. Fullscreen worked fine except for video playblack was all messed up (had I known there was only one FMV in the game I would've just dealt with it.)

You basically need to do at least one of the following (work down the list, essentially)
1) Run windowed (this really only messes up the opening FMV in a lot of cases)
2) Run at a resolution below your monitor's max
3) Turn off high resolution fonts
4) If you run into missing textures upon reaching the first town, turn off the vertex shader option in the game's configuration (might want to just leave that off by default)

Oh and there's also a glitch with some mice where it unassigns the left button and assigns the right one to confirm. You can set them manually easy enough though.

Except they just released a patch that pretty much fixes most of this.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

havenwaters posted:

So, one of the original enhanced steam guys made Idle Master a program that will idle your steam games for you until you run out of cards.

I may actually get all my card drops no I won't
I'd avoid this, the guy is ripping code out of SAM and repackaging it without permission.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Anyone try that Age of Empires II DLC? Is it worth getting?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
It is. Pretty nice bit of extra content even if the campaigns have no voice acting.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

havenwaters posted:

So, one of the original enhanced steam guys made Idle Master a program that will idle your steam games for you until you run out of cards.

I may actually get all my card drops no I won't

holy poo poo.. this is awesome.

Although I have a bad feeling that I'll wake up and my steam accounts password will be changed

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mount Your Friends seems like a local multiplayer only game. Confirm?

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

It's got online multiplayer and several singleplayer modes.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I own Thief Gold on CD and on Steam already, so here's a gift key from the Humble Bundle.

E: Taken. Enjoy!

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 30, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I own Thief Gold on CD and on Steam already, so here's a gift key from the Humble Bundle.

I was able to get this. Thank you!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Is Verdun a Multiplayer only game or does it have Single-player content?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

PrinceRandom posted:

Is Verdun a Multiplayer only game or does it have Single-player content?

MP only. Squad based team v. team and free for all death matches. I'm terrible at it but enjoy it a lot.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

I was able to get this. Thank you!

Have fun.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Kragger99 posted:

Not sure if this was available for purchase before, but Mount Your Friends is out now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/296470/
Hell Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ze_3yTxd8c

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

For that person asking about Hitman, blood money is still so, so good. Please buy it. Goes on sale for <5 bucks pretty frequently, and it doesn't look too bad on modern systems.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

No less then 10% of their development was devoted to making sure every "Friend" has a physically accurate swinging bulge.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I now have 199 games on Steam. I don't know what number 200 should be.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

NERW4-FA4WB-EG8GR
Ring runner flight of the sages

mbt fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 30, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

Agarest.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Justin_Brett posted:

bad rats or daikatana

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Shovel Knight

Oh wait, I meant Secret of the Magic Crystals.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Mortimer posted:

NVFAE-VQPDM-ZDVXY
Not the robots
Thanks for this and in return, here's a one:

Bioshock
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=WWwPuMXcFF8c2bp6

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

And in case you're way too dumb to spend $15 on one of the greatest humble bundles ever
https://www.humblebundle.com/

here's thief gold https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=KuZpmX6kd2reDdR6
hitman 1 https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=7w5UBEdqnrkWPZzP
hitman 2 https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=KB8rktFZ3tReTXqY

I fully expect none of these to be taken because holy poo poo this humble bundle is worth paying more if you don't have those games.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Mortimer posted:

here's thief gold https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=KuZpmX6kd2reDdR6

I fully expect none of these to be taken because holy poo poo this humble bundle is worth paying more if you don't have those games.

Thanks! I already had most of the bundle, but never got Thief despite playing through Thief 2, a few years ago.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Mortimer posted:

And in case you're way too dumb to spend $15 on one of the greatest humble bundles ever
https://www.humblebundle.com/

Even Battlestations Midway was a fun multiplayer game back in the day. I wonder if people still play it?

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Kind of late on this but DNF regularly swung between subpar and offensively bad. I think the only stage I actually enjoyed in the entire game was the escape from the flood before the final boss, just because it was actually a well-executed setpiece and there were basically no enemies to deal with and remind you of how lovely the gunplay was on top of everything else. I guess it was worth the $2.50 simply as having personal closure to the decade-and-a-half-long joke that whole thing had become.

Disclaimer: I have no nostalgia for old Duke, the new game would be considered just as bad in a vacuum.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Vodos posted:

If you haven't played the one in Greece, get it. It's an interesting game if you like strategy games (which you do). I find Rome a little bit too similar though, I hoped for more improvements and refinements. I know this is due to the setting, but in Greece you constantly got famous special units from Greek history by completing objectives, but in Rome all you get is more legions.

After buying Rome, I discovered I had the Greek one sitting in my library too, the bounty from some forgotten sale I have never played :steam:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Kind of late on this but DNF regularly swung between subpar and offensively bad. I think the only stage I actually enjoyed in the entire game was the escape from the flood before the final boss, just because it was actually a well-executed setpiece and there were basically no enemies to deal with and remind you of how lovely the gunplay was on top of everything else. I guess it was worth the $2.50 simply as having personal closure to the decade-and-a-half-long joke that whole thing had become.

Disclaimer: I have no nostalgia for old Duke, the new game would be considered just as bad in a vacuum.

For me it was ok, bad, a slog, then I rage uninstalled the game after my save got deleted. I'll get back to it someday, but that slog part kinda sucked.

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

Is there a separate card trading thread? Or are cards part of the general game trading thread? (P.S this is not in the OP!)

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Gimperial posted:

Is there a separate card trading thread? Or are cards part of the general game trading thread? (P.S this is not in the OP!)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549823

For all your card trading needs.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Is there a 'good' farming simulator on Steam? I know there are a few.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

duckfarts posted:

For me it was ok, bad, a slog, then I rage uninstalled the game after my save got deleted. I'll get back to it someday, but that slog part kinda sucked.

I played the game on the easiest setting and just blew away all the enemies with near-infinite health and ammo. It wasn't a slog at all; just kind of so-so, with cringe-worthy jokes, some weird/bad design, and random bewbs. I still give it a 5/10 as a game- I had fun with it so I definitely don't regret playing it or anything.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

im gay posted:

Is there a 'good' farming simulator on Steam? I know there are a few.
Anno 1404. Other than that not really.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Everblight posted:

Wow, people think the Blackwell series is good? In addition to being forced to run it in windowed mode because Wadjet Eye has never heard of the fabled "Options" menu

Stretched display, I'm guessing? Go into your Nvidia/Radeon control panel (the relevant icon on your taskbar) and go to "Adjust Desktop Size and Position", or whatever the Radeon version is. Set the Scaling mode to Aspect Ratio. Now it will fill as much of the screen as it can, at as close to it's intended display settings. (ie; 4x3 with black bars on either side for old adventure games).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatman101
Sep 28, 2006
My Cubans!

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Strong nostalgia for old Duke here, waited for DNF since it was originally announced, and I canceled my pre-order after trying the demo.

• Locked thread