Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Ragequit posted:

Ah, I forgot about Australian 9/11.

You mean 11/9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Ragequit posted:

Ah, I forgot about Australian 9/11.

I thought that was 000?

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

So wait is something not negative if it didn't happen in the country it's distributed in? Y'all better stop laughing at those Nazis, then.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Sighence posted:

So wait is something not negative if it didn't happen in the country it's distributed in? Y'all better stop laughing at those Nazis, then.

It's more that people don't associate "nine eleven" with 11 September here.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

At the moment, this is evidence of mild and forgivable thoughtlessness on the part of some random person on the studio's promotion staff. Roll your eyes and move on.

When the Truthers start waving this tweet around as proof of a conspiracy, then we can all start laughing.

HAMATO YOSHI DID 9/11!

Junius
May 14, 2006

Thank you, entertainment committee.
For what it's worth, I'm Australian and when I saw that TMNT poster in my feed as a promoted tweet, September 11th was one of the first things I thought of (right after, "The hell is up with Donatello?"). It wasn't rage-inducing or anything, more of a cringey, "Ooh, someone's gonna regret not picking up on that sooner" moment.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Junius posted:

For what it's worth, I'm Australian and when I saw that TMNT poster in my feed as a promoted tweet, September 11th was one of the first things I thought of (right after, "The hell is up with Donatello?"). It wasn't rage-inducing or anything, more of a cringey, "Ooh, someone's gonna regret not picking up on that sooner" moment.

I'm the same but it was more "I'm gonna have a good time laughing at people getting angry over it." and behold I am.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Toriori posted:

This is not a criticism of you at all, but are you aboriginal? I ask this because it's definitely not overly sensitive white people, but definitely aboriginal people who see the term native, Indian, and other terms as oppressive because they are essentially a colonized name that was imposed by the Canadian government.

I use the term aboriginal because it's generally accepted as the academic term, in papers and publications particularly, but I have seen a recent push for Indigenous. Some choose to identify as their particular background, ie I've seen people who are Ojibwe prefer to be called "anishnabe", but that can be difficult because there are so many different people who might identify as different things.

The safest blanket terms currently are aboriginal and indigenous, not native, or even First Nations. Many larger organizations with Indian in their name are changing.

It becomes difficult because there are people who are fine with identifying as native or Indian, and some who are vehemently against it. I work with aboriginal people in an academic environment and have heard different people describe themselves differently. Okay that's all!

No, I am not, and like I said, purely anecdotal. It's observations I've made while living and growing up in small towns on the edge of reserves, lots of schoolmates, friends, etc. Of course it's unfair to say that every nation and individual thinks and feels the same. Until our country stops being so drat racist towards them, it's definitely a heated topic.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

who asked for this. who would ever

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Excels posted:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

what a... time to be alive...?

:psyduck:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Excels posted:

Wouldn't this just scare the poo poo out of the fish and possibly kill it?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Leper Residue posted:

Wouldn't this just scare the poo poo out of the fish and possibly kill it?

If they haven't already died from the dirty water/lack of filtration, no temperature monitoring, tiny tank that isn't even half filled with water, lack of lid so they can bounce out when it crashes into something...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SteveVizsla posted:

If they haven't already died from the dirty water/lack of filtration, no temperature monitoring, tiny tank that isn't even half filled with water, lack of lid so they can bounce out when it crashes into something...

Yeah, I mean obviously you'd have a betta in there, not a goldfish.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
I was thinking it'd be like a hamster ball, where you allow your pet a few minutes of terrifying freedom for your amusement.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Excels posted:

Umm, "finally"? Some Germans already did this, like, seventy years ago.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Excels posted:

Does the chair actually have those qualities? Like does it actually feel and smell like flesh? It's straight up surreal to think about coming home and plopping down on a giant flesh heap. What the hell.

Meme Poker Party has a new favorite as of 07:34 on Jul 30, 2014

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
I wonder if they have some big fat guy working at the store so you can sit on him to compare the chair to real flesh.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Excels posted:

Assboat was better.

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/the-assboat/1/

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Does the chair actually have those qualities? Like does it actually feel and smell like flesh? It's straight up surreal to think about coming home and plopping down on a giant flesh heap. What the hell.

According to the article the chair's made out of silicone and leather, and its designed to have the pliable qualities of flesh so that it feels like sitting on a belly or something. The smell is based off the aftershave used by the chair's model.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

hackedaccount posted:

I wonder if they have some big fat guy working at the store so you can sit on him to compare the chair to real flesh.

I was going to say "finally, a perfect job for goons", but it'd require certain hygiene standards. Don't want your floor model to have stains, after all.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
It's bullshit that the chairs smell like aftershave and not natural human musk. BO or GTFO IMO.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Excels posted:

Excels posted:

Err... where are the idiots on social media in these posts? I think you're replying to the wrong thread.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
My friend just told me that there have been instances of buildings being blown up, killing people inside on dates other than the 11th of September! :wth:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

SteveVizsla posted:

Oh yeah I forgot that fish die in five seconds after being moved from their 5000$ tank

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Excels posted:

Well it's about loving time

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

:pervert:

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

My usually normal aunt posted that this morning. Why are they using kermit?

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Excels posted:

Gary Larson did it first.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Flaggy posted:

Damnit, I just saw this one on my feed too.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Flaggy posted:

It's none of your business

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

"that loving couch"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heliotic posted:

You mean 11/9.

No, you mean ||\6

Mekchu has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Jul 30, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Flaggy posted:

Seriously, this Kermit meme is the weirdest, mainly in how drat passive-aggressive it is. They make half of a lovely observation, immediately disown it, and all through the abstraction of a frog puppet.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
They're pretty clearly not actually disowning it. The 'none of my business' part is just a sarcastic way to say 'Hey, just saying...'. It's just people making observations of stuff they disagree with.

This video is one of the bigger reasons for it exploding if I'm correct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UCArDfYB4o

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Flaggy posted:

She's right, though. It's none of her business.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

OldTennisCourt posted:

They're pretty clearly not actually disowning it. The 'none of my business' part is just a sarcastic way to say 'Hey, just saying...'. It's just people making observations of stuff they disagree with.

I understand that. I'm saying phrases like that are lovely ways to say something stupid or terrible and then weasel your way out of backlash.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Passive aggressive remarks are the "hello" of this generation

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

One of my friends has been slowly sliding into weirder and dumber 'natural' foods. This is definitely the stupidest poo poo yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

made of bees
May 21, 2013
I've heard you either have to stay home for two weeks or wear diapers while using that stuff, because it causes pretty much non-stop diarrhea.

• Locked thread