Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

And gently caress up gameplay somewhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Excels posted:

WiiU2, sponsored by Jon Bon Jovi

WiiMe

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
WiiPoz MiiNeg rear end©

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

WiiUMe2

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
fun thought sabout the xbox in this here thread, tell ya hwat

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Not that anyone cares at this point but Nintendo lost 92 million this quarter despite Mario Kart 8

http://kotaku.com/people-are-buying-the-wii-u-but-nintendo-is-still-losi-1613193985/all

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
They are boosting the WiiU by dishing out Top tier quality 1st party games. Third party devs will follow suit as soon as the WiiU is in a stable position. Nintendo doesnt need to extend thier hand to the third party dev since the 3rd party devs walked out on Nintendo in the 1st place.

When the WiiU is more stable, The 3rd party devs will have to crawl back to nintendo... not the other way around.

and as you can see its not like nintendo needs help in dishing out top quality 1st party games

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Kewpuh posted:

Post your picture so I can do the little line above it leading to a quote. havent decided on the quote yet but probably go with

The Ps2 was when games made the true transition from an attempted emulation of the console experience to a more fully realised idea of console games as an experience meant not just to amuse, but to really sink ones teeth into. Lets compare the way the two consoles approached puzzle games. The Dreamcast gives us Chu Chu Rocket - colourful, simple, cartoony. Gaming equivalent of candy. The Ps2 gives us Ico. Artistic, hauntingly beautiful, impactful in the way no game before it could have been. Gamings ambrosia.

Ico started on the PSX. Shenmue started on the Saturn. Chu Chu Rocket is loving awesome.

quote:

Nintendo doesnt need to extend thier hand to the third party dev since the 3rd party devs walked out on Nintendo in the 1st place.

They are in their own way. Bayo 2, Wonderful 101, Devil's Third, FExSMT (lol!) and probably some unannounced ones.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mikemil828 posted:

Not that anyone cares at this point but Nintendo lost 92 million this quarter despite Mario Kart 8

http://kotaku.com/people-are-buying-the-wii-u-but-nintendo-is-still-losi-1613193985/all

Gonna need to see the graph of this

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I can't enjoy these games until I get a chart about this money

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Their loss was a lot lower than previous quarters, proving that they are on an upswing. Once Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 and Smash come out... :getin:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I am pretty much counting the days until I can get a Wii U. I want everything it is offering

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I have played nothing but Wii U games for like the past month somehow

all hail Nintendo

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I literally play my WiiU every day

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Pikmin 3 was a kinda short game so I'm playing it again

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Their loss was a lot lower than previous quarters, proving that they are on an upswing. Once Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 and Smash come out... :getin:

This next game will save the Wii U guys! Really!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Can someone make a doom chart or graph for the wiiU I need it to better enjoy these excellent games.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Can someone make a doom chart or graph for the wiiU I need it to better enjoy these excellent games.

Here is a helpful video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fja4r7mNmic

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

They are boosting the WiiU by dishing out Top tier quality 1st party games. Third party devs will follow suit as soon as the WiiU is in a stable position. Nintendo doesnt need to extend thier hand to the third party dev since the 3rd party devs walked out on Nintendo in the 1st place.

When the WiiU is more stable, The 3rd party devs will have to crawl back to nintendo... not the other way around.

and as you can see its not like nintendo needs help in dishing out top quality 1st party games

They would have to do more than just be 'stable' to regain third party support, they would need to significantly outperform the PS4 and XBone for a long period of time to make it worth it, that is how it was with the wii and so will have to be with wii u, and while catering to it's fanbase may get the company to break even, without the broad audience it used to have Nintendo is going to have to buy it's third party support for the foreseeable future (like it did with Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta).

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

mikemil828 posted:

They would have to do more than just be 'stable' to regain third party support, they would need to significantly outperform the PS4 and XBone for a long period of time to make it worth it,
______________/

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

RagnarokAngel posted:

This next game will save the Wii U guys! Really!

One game performing well didn't save the system! Welp, pack it up Nintendo.

Nintendo is gonna kill it this holiday and by January 2015 they will be posting a profit again, mark my words.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I think January might be a little late if they want to meet their FY15 forecasts unless they get an unusually big Q4. They're protecting a profit for the year, and I think they're banking on Smash being released on schedule which I'm not entirely sure will happen.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Have they announced a playable Tingle for Hyrule Warriors yet? Having the Koopa Kids in Mario Kart was amazing, and made up for them being ignored for a decade.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

They haven't had a bad fiscal year in like five decades prior. Nintendo has never really seen other companies as competitors because Sony and MS are always in the red fiscally. They waste more money than they make on shallow pandering and public image.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I will say that Nintendo might be able to survive without third party support, but it’s a better company when the third party support is around.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Nintendo has such a windfall of cash in their vaults that it could power them for another 50 years alone. It used to be a lot more, but the Wii U ate up a pretty sizable chunk of it.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Excels posted:

Nintendo has such a windfall of cash in their vaults that it could power them for another 50 years alone. It used to be a lot more, but the Wii U ate up a pretty sizable chunk of it.

This isn't how companies work

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, Nintendo does not have 50 years worth of money.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Source your insane fanboy quotes.

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

They are in their own way. Bayo 2, Wonderful 101, Devil's Third, FExSMT (lol!) and probably some unannounced ones.
Thank you, man who doesn't know what third party means. You just listed games that are the exact definition of second party.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

One game performing well didn't save the system! Welp, pack it up Nintendo.

Nintendo is gonna kill it this holiday and by January 2015 they will be posting a profit again, mark my words.

Hey look, its the exact same thing Nintendo's faithful said would happen in Christmas 2013. How'd that turn out?

Oh, but this time, its TOTALLY DIFFERENT! Cause they've got a Dysnasty Warriors reskin, which is sure to be THE most popular thing EVER!

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
I'm not sure that he was at all serious, but what with this thread having turned extra super triple ironic on us all it's hard to tell anymore :psyduck:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Poe's law and all that.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fulchrum posted:

Thank you, man who doesn't know what third party means. You just listed games that are the exact definition of second party.

Hey look, its the exact same thing Nintendo's faithful said would happen in Christmas 2013. How'd that turn out?

Oh, but this time, its TOTALLY DIFFERENT! Cause they've got a Dysnasty Warriors reskin, which is sure to be THE most popular thing EVER!

Octodad. Towerfall Ascension. Mercenary Kings. Don't Starve. Resogun. Transistor.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fulchrum posted:

Poe's law and all that.

Octodad. Towerfall Ascension. Mercenary Kings. Don't Starve. Resogun. Transistor.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

PrBacterio posted:

I'm not sure that he was at all serious, but what with this thread having turned extra super triple ironic on us all it's hard to tell anymore :psyduck:

Yep, that 50 years quote does a really good job straddling the line between actual outlandish thing a crazy Nintendo fanboy would say and a hyperbolic statement someone mocking crazy Nintendo fanboys would say.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
I guess at least with Fulchrum, we'll always know that he's deadly serious about everything he posts, because he would never accept anything less than gaming's ambrosia itself to satisfy his entertainment needs.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Fulchrum posted:

a Loving Dog posted:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Fulchrum posted:

They Dynasty Warriors game will sell at least six million copies and Nintendo Wii U will out sell the PlayStation 4 and XBOX One combined by the time Christmas is over. When Smash Borthers comes out Sony and Microsoft will close their gaming divisions and join Nintendo. It will be an experience one can really sink one's teeth into. I am super excited to get the hauntingly beautiful PlayStation version of Octodad on the Wii U since it's one of the best games ever besides Nintendo's typical ambrosia. I actually hear the PlayStation 4 really is pretty bad at the moment so the entirety of Sony might go out of business before the end of the year. we living in very interesting times. Do not have a cow.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

lol

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Mario 3D World is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

the dynasty warriors spinoff is going to make rogert ebert rise from the grave and shamble over to satoru iwata's home, hat in hand, to personally apologize for saying games arent art

• Locked thread