Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LoonShia posted:

That reminds me: is it feasible to do a genocide playthrough of New Vegas, where everyone dies by your hand? It'd be the Independent ending of course, and no factions would be able to help you during Hoover Dam. Are there enough bullets in the game to kill everybody who isn't essential?

It's not even that hard if you level up, get good armor and weapons, and play kinda smart.

Though I don't think it's actually possible to outright depopulate the Mojave. Does it keep spawning new generic NPCs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I think the main obstacle would be the lack of shops. Lombard Station would solve some of that (since you can just get rid of the tons of poo poo you pick up during a normal FNV playthrough), but money would be an issue, at least in the beginning.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

There's always good ol' Vendortron!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It could even be a gimmick thing with the custom robot race. That'd be neat.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Davoren posted:

There's always good ol' Vendortron!

And The Sink and the Dead Money vending machine if you've beaten those DLCs.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
This is a thing I'm doing now. See ya.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

LoonShia posted:

It could even be a gimmick thing with the custom robot race. That'd be neat.

wait, there's a robot race where you could run around as a Securitron or a Protectron?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Psion posted:

wait, there's a robot race where you could run around as a Securitron or a Protectron?

Close, it's a custom race where you wear custom gear to make you look like a robot. For instance you can't have a robot head unless you wear the special robot helmet.

Looks bitchin as gently caress though:

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 29, 2014

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Psion posted:

There's ST's Robot Race, which gives you a custom robot body who can wear clothes and stuff.

efb, as usual.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Close, it's a custom race where you wear custom gear to make you look like a robot. For instance you can't have a robot head unless you wear the special robot helmet.

Looks bitchin as gently caress though:

Combine it with RobCo Certified. Player name: Skynet.

Alternately, if you go with font based names (because of the default 'Courier'): Terminal.

Why yes, I did name my Legion play through character "Times New Roman." I didn't come up with that idea, though, I think I got it from this thread.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
A Kill All Humans run? You're gonna need a particular companion for that.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Come to think of it do the robots from RobCo Certified count as companions? As in does Charisma and companion affecting perks apply to them? Because a character with 10 Charisma killing off the entire Wasteland is just too good an idea to waste.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Capn Beeb posted:

A Kill All Humans run? You're gonna need a particular companion for that.

Evidently this exists but gently caress if I can find it anywhere except that video. Also what the gently caress is happening in this video?

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012
I'm thinking of starting a TTW run, but it seems like half the patches for the mods I want to use with it are outdated, the goon who was working on a TTW friendly compilation was never heard from again, (in this thread anyway), and there's some things I would seriously miss if I played without them, despite the big fat warning signs that they're incompatible. So, I have two questions.

A- Is TTW worth the effort? I've never played FO3. That's the main reason I'm interested.

B- Would I be able to fix everything that's incompatible or whatever with running NVEC with TTW if I was patient enough to go through all the records in FONVedit?

Irn-Bru
May 24, 2001

Orange. Carbonated. Ambrosia.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Evidently this exists but gently caress if I can find it anywhere except that video.

It's linked in the comments here. Downloaded and had a quick look in the zip and it seems to be legit, however I haven't had a chance to try it in game as yet.

There's also an explanation of why it's not so readily available in there too; some internet snobbery or something.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Moryrie posted:

I'm thinking of starting a TTW run, but it seems like half the patches for the mods I want to use with it are outdated, the goon who was working on a TTW friendly compilation was never heard from again, (in this thread anyway), and there's some things I would seriously miss if I played without them, despite the big fat warning signs that they're incompatible. So, I have two questions.

A- Is TTW worth the effort? I've never played FO3. That's the main reason I'm interested.

B- Would I be able to fix everything that's incompatible or whatever with running NVEC with TTW if I was patient enough to go through all the records in FONVedit?

I can't really comment on TTW as I haven't tried it. I haven't tried it because I just can't go back to FO3 after playing FNV.

It's pretty frustrating: FO3 has fantastic world design - it's a great place to explore. Much more interesting environments than FNV. It's just that the story, dialogue and characters are all so dumb.

It's probably not quite as bad on a first playthrough, though if you've already played FNV so you have that comparison, it may still be a struggle.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Irn-Bru posted:

There's also an explanation of why it's not so readily available in there too; some internet snobbery or something.

Yeah it was originally on videogameunderground or whatever and they're more or less a group of folks that rip out meshes and textures from other games, port them to other games with varying degrees of success and quality, then claim to be the original authors. ORIGAINAL CONTENT DONUT STEEL :byodood:

E:

Just finished up my ghoul run:

Ghoul was so horrifying Lanius thought he was a deathclaw for a second :catdrugs:

:byewhore:

Also poo poo, Lanius' helmet goes great with my coat:

:eyepop:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 30, 2014

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
Capn Beeb, how'd you get rid of the pink hand textures on that ghoul? (I'm assuming it's one from FCO, right?)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I'm using FCO and I think some other ghoul texture mode, honestly can't tell. I was getting pink textures off and on lately, so just flipping archive invalidation off and on a few times cleared it up :iiam:

Got my robot fired up, but I don't know... I'm having a hard time dressing him. There's riot armor, which is cool and all, but looks super bulky on him.

Then I went poking around to see what armors the DLCs had via Portable Cheat Terminal and I remembered the cool assassin suit retexture I got, then saw "skull head" from Old World Blues :raise:

Something about this outfit, a skull head, and loving robot hands rules so hard I didn't expect it at all :aaaaa:

Also when I zap things they make pretty purple sparkle dusts.

Saint's Row, meatbags!

E:

Bonus Ultra Burned Man edition:

:stonk:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jul 30, 2014

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

Mortimer posted:

Alternate Start? http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45739/
Yeah it's pretty good, it's what I use. You can pick a huge number of backgrounds. You don't have to go back to goodsprings. It autocompletes the first quest so your first option can be "go to primm" or "go straight to benny and skip the rest" like the normal game.

Awesome thank you, that's the one I was thinking of an it's even better than I thought. I'm glad you can just skip to Benny! I'll go and do the Novac stuff, but doing in that order every time is a bit tedious.

Oh and I agree, taking over Goodsprings is great fun but I've done it soooo many times now.

Edit - I got 2 shot by a big gecko 15 seconds after starting :(

Bloodbath fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 30, 2014

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I just realized deathclaw eyes are supposed to have white pupils, which they don't in my game:

It doesn't seem like a glitch, though, taking a look at my little friend Snuggles here shows that someone seems to have changed the texture from white to black and they still reflect light and everything:

Even though that looks pretty badass, I'd like my deathclaw buddy to have white eyes again, so now I'm wondering which mod is doing this. I'm running the large NMC textures and the Character Overhaul, but I'm not sure if either of those does anything to deathclaw eyes.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
Alright this is weird, I'm still getting pink hands for all the ghouls in FCO, I put new textures for the hands in the folder, and used the geck to change file paths, and the hands show up fine in the geck, but still not in the game. I've toggled Archive Invalidation about a billion times.

EDIT: I decided gently caress it for now and downloaded some gloves, they work fine.

Slowpoke Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 30, 2014

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Are there any mods kind of like this http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41284/ that allow you to holster your guns and weapons on your body while other weapons are equipped instead of just having them pop in and out of nowhere? The duffel bag is way too clunky and awkward.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cheap Shot posted:

Are there any mods kind of like this http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41284/ that allow you to holster your guns and weapons on your body while other weapons are equipped instead of just having them pop in and out of nowhere? The duffel bag is way too clunky and awkward.

Not as far as I know. The duffle bag is a specific model with set weapons regardless of what you actually have. The problem is that from what I see, the game simply doesn't acknowledge that your inventory items exist unless they're equipped.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cheap Shot posted:

I don't see any that are both universal and actually show stuff in your inventory, but here is one that works with certain weapons and here is one that adds equippable bandolier-type stuff that makes it at least look like you're carrying more than one gun.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

That's a shame. Thanks anyways.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Yeah, it would be an insane amount of work just to make a mod like that that worked with all the vanilla weapons, and it would involve a lot of scripting and modelling and probably be janky as poo poo.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I managed to get ENB working. It's pretty great, but having recently replayed Skyrim I have to say it's a shame that New Vegas isn't using the newer engine. That Skyrim engine is the boss.

For those who've tried the entire someguyseries, is that new boxing add-on worth trying? The two NV Bounties are all I've tried so far and they're a pretty fun addition to the game. I've not hunted bounties since those bonus bounty missions from LucasArts' Outlaws back in the day.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Is the bounty hunting mod good? I recall it being voice acted and that's a huge red flag for me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The voice acting is good for the most part.

Honestly I think I'd rather have voice acting in quest mods, even if it's bad. It's better than NPCs just staring at you like :stare: when they talk, because it's not like vanilla Sunny Smiles New Vegas doesn't have Sunny Smiles its share of bad voice actors too Sunny Smiles.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 30, 2014

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CJacobs posted:

Honestly I think I'd rather have voice acting in quest mods, even if it's bad. It's better than NPCs just staring at you like :stare: when they talk, because it's not like vanilla Sunny Smiles New Vegas doesn't have Sunny Smiles its share of bad voice actors too Sunny Smiles.

Some of the voices are hilarious, especially with guys trying to sound tough and deep. :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, when I said "good for the most part" what I guess I really meant was "it could definitely be a lot worse." At least when people yell at things in that mod they're actually yelling and not doing that fake-yelling-so-that-mom-doesn't-get-mad thing people do in voice chat in video games.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Yeah, the NV Bounties voice acting is far from what I would call "professional," but I wouldn't call it cringe worthy either. It's good enough for to keep the quests rolling, which are for the most part well put together.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

CJacobs posted:

Hobo on Fire posted:

the NV Bounties voice acting is far from what I would call "professional," but I wouldn't call it cringe worthy either.

Agreed, and I'm fussy about voice acting.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

watho posted:

Is the bounty hunting mod good? I recall it being voice acted and that's a huge red flag for me.

The voice acting ranges from bad to passable. The sequel makes some improvements in quality.

I think the gameplay and scaling is a better way to judge it. The two mods are definitely top notch in the world of New Vegas mod quests, though that doesn't necessarily make them on par with vanilla all the time. You'll want to be a fairly high level and have at least run one circuit around the map beforehand, since you need to travel all around the Mojave and the very first bounty even requires you to head north of Goodsprings. You generally don't face more than three or four enemies at a time, but they tend to be scaled to miniboss level; the sequel goes in the opposite direction and instead has large numbers of mook enemies. And it makes a lot of totally unashamed ripoffs of popular characters like Freddy Kreuger, Tony Montana, and Alex from A Clockwork Orange for targets.

One of my biggest faults with it is the seeming obsession the creator has with torture, rape, and other dark themes. For instance, there's a note where a Fiend target's torture of an NCR soldier is described in excruciating detail, to the point where it feels like a forced attempt to shock the audience or seem mature. It's the kind of overuse of gore and creatively painful punishment that you see with middle school students writing "dark" fanfiction.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

NV Bounties 1 has barely any voice acting so it gets a free pass. Bounties 2 has a lot of interpersonal dialogue and it gets pretty cringeworthy.

I want a mod that puts the morrowind dialogue box in so I only have to read crappy writing, not listen to even worse dialogue. The fact that these games are switching to 100% voice acted dialogues only makes quest mods that much harder to pull off.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

OH NO MAN posted:

I just realized deathclaw eyes are supposed to have white pupils, which they don't in my game:

It doesn't seem like a glitch, though, taking a look at my little friend Snuggles here shows that someone seems to have changed the texture from white to black and they still reflect light and everything:

Even though that looks pretty badass, I'd like my deathclaw buddy to have white eyes again, so now I'm wondering which mod is doing this. I'm running the large NMC textures and the Character Overhaul, but I'm not sure if either of those does anything to deathclaw eyes.

Are you using ENB? When i was playing Skyrim last I had an ENB issue where it would randomly cause certain things to not render. These included eyes. Eventually I found out it was an issue with settings not being properly enabled because MO keeps it's own .ini files.

Also this is what FNVEdit is for; pop open your load order in there and you should be able to track down what fucks with deathclaw eyes/eyes in general.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Mortimer posted:

I want a mod that puts the morrowind dialogue box in so I only have to read crappy writing, not listen to even worse dialogue. The fact that these games are switching to 100% voice acted dialogues only makes quest mods that much harder to pull off.
:agreed:

I think that ye olden fallouts had a really nice balance of VA and non-VA stuff but my glasses are really tinted with rose.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

Yeah, it would be an insane amount of work just to make a mod like that that worked with all the vanilla weapons, and it would involve a lot of scripting and modelling and probably be janky as poo poo.

It really is too bad that there's no flag for New Vegas you can tick like that one in Skyrim somebody found :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

SpookyLizard posted:

Are you using ENB? When i was playing Skyrim last I had an ENB issue where it would randomly cause certain things to not render. These included eyes. Eventually I found out it was an issue with settings not being properly enabled because MO keeps it's own .ini files.

Also this is what FNVEdit is for; pop open your load order in there and you should be able to track down what fucks with deathclaw eyes/eyes in general.
The upper screenshot has ENB enabled, lower one doesn't. I removed it when it decided to gently caress up all the textures at the Camp Golf resort and caused a bunch of other, more minor problems such as Mr. House's body not rendering. :wtc:

But yeah, I'll give FNVEdit a shot. Cheers.