Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Palpek posted:

Anno 1404. Other than that not really.

If you're counting that then you gotta count Banished for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

im gay posted:

Is there a 'good' farming simulator on Steam? I know there are a few.

There's one actual farming simulator, but if you want to manage resources rather than the verb 'farm', then there is Anno 1404/Dawn of discovery, Banished, Gnomoria (Accessible DF, still being updated) and/or Anno 2070.

Farming simulator Titanium edition: http://store.steampowered.com/app/220260/

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

im gay posted:

Is there a 'good' farming simulator on Steam? I know there are a few.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/big-sims-bundle/

get it while you can! Only 7 hours left!!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

S'actually not a bad deal if you consider how expensive each game is. Whether any of them are worth playing is another question entirely.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Any kind US goon around who could buy the soundtrack edition of Crypt of the Necrodancer for me? The dev said theyre setting the price conversion to auto, and that apparently really means 1$ = 1€.
I'd really apppreciate it if someone could help me out!

Edit: taken care of! Thanks :)

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 30, 2014

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Is there a tool or website that goes through your inventory and points out duplicate cards?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Grawl posted:

Is there a tool or website that goes through your inventory and points out duplicate cards?

I thought cards from the same game were automatically grouped? Every time I've had a dupe they've been adjacent.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I heard Trails in the Sky had some problems- have those been fixed?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

CommissarMega posted:

There was a patch that fixed the majority of the issues. I have no doubt any other problems will be fixed too.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Nope, not yet. Some stuff has been fixed, but the latest patch seemed to bring some of the old problems back. It seems that the hi-res fonts are the main problem though. Turning them off stops the problems for most people.

EDIT: Although I have just played it with the hi-res fonts on and haven't had any issues. Maybe there was another patch that I didn't notice?

smenj fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 30, 2014

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

smenj posted:

EDIT: Although I have just played it with the hi-res fonts on and haven't had any issues. Maybe there was another patch that I didn't notice?

Probably. They've got a very dedicated coder on the job. I'd not be surprised if there were 2-3 patches a day until all the kinks are ironed out.

Edit: Some good deals over at BundleStars today. This bundle is $2 for the next 46 hours, and contains...

Great Games:
- Expeditions: Conquistador
- Rock Of Ages

Good Games:
- Knytt Underground
- Blockland

Blah
- Postal
- Steel Storm + DLC

Also, in their store they've got Shadowrun Online (early access, development slow) for $10, down from $30, if you're curious and want to see how another studio is handling the property.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 30, 2014

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Crypt of the Necrodancer is available now. I'm a little hesitant of rhythm games on steam because so few of them are any good but this seems really great so far. Though be aware it is in Early Access even though the store page currently doesn't list it as such.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Necrodancer is good.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
Steam has messed something up because it was listed as Early Access at one point.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It's also only early access because the dev is still adding new content (mostly monsters and modes.) The game is in a very solid state currently.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So at what point does Human Revolution start to get good? I've tried to play it a couple times and managed to make it to about the first time you can walk around the game world before giving up.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I thought it was good before that, so it's probably best you just stop wasting your time.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

PantsBandit posted:

So at what point does Human Revolution start to get good? I've tried to play it a couple times and managed to make it to about the first time you can walk around the game world before giving up.

If you don't like it by that point, the game is just not for you.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

You played the tutorial and got outside then gave up? That's a mixture of ADD and "you aren't going to like the game."

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Biggest human being Ever posted:

If you don't like it by that point, the game is just not for you.

Really? That's only after a couple of missions. I was hoping once you started to define your skills more the gameplay would open up a bit.

Mortimer posted:

You played the tutorial and got outside then gave up? That's a mixture of ADD and "you aren't going to like the game."

Eh, I mean I did get distracted by other stuff plus my computer at the time wasn't capable of running it particularly well. I was just not really into the stealth gameplay starting out and want to know if it gets significantly better.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I had basically the same problem, I'd give it until the next mission before giving up. I ended up really enjoying the game after that point.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Sort of hard to tell you anything without knowing what you didn't like, FYI.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Sort of hard to tell you anything without knowing what you didn't like, FYI.

UI seemed clunky, stealth felt weird and I found myself constantly getting spotted by people that shouldn't have been able to see me. I also am not a huge fan of the aesthetic (too much yellow) but I can get over that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah just quit. No one here is going to convince you otherwise, especially if you've played it and quit multiple times.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

No no no, force yourself to play the game to completion, then replay it a few times until you hit like 50 hours and then you can write a review how much it sucked.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PantsBandit posted:

Really? That's only after a couple of missions. I was hoping once you started to define your skills more the gameplay would open up a bit.

Well, you're just telling us "it's bad" so of course we're going to say to stop playing. Most people really liked the game.

What is making it bad in your eyes? If you aren't enjoying it at all then just stop playing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

UI seemed clunky, stealth felt weird and I found myself constantly getting spotted by people that shouldn't have been able to see me. I also am not a huge fan of the aesthetic (too much yellow) but I can get over that.

In regards to the stealth people can hear you as well. I've also occasionally run into parts where quick-loading after an enemy has seen me can result in the enemies still being alerted after loading the save. Also, unless you're really close to them or don't move at all for a couple seconds when they do see you, in my experience they almost almost only go into "alarmed" or "suspicious" mode giving you some chance to slink away while they come investigate; this is on Deus Ex difficulty. The enemies do tend to have a greater length vision cone then you might expect from video games as well (there's a skill later that literally allows you to see what they can see). That said the stealth doesn't change too much from the get-go, just easier. You get various active skills like cloaking or silent footfalls or ones that improve your radar, like the aforementioned vision cone upgrade. Really the best way to make sure you aren't seen is to be in cover.

As for the UI, I can only really say that I mostly liked it, especially some of the PC specific changes. The area for displaying emails and PDA's isn't that great but that's really the only part that has a ton of information that is displayed all at once. I'm a weirdly big fan of inventory tetris so this might just be a matter of taste.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

Kragger gifted me a spiritual sequel to Mount and Blade! :v:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I was looking up the games in that Bundle Stars deal, and,

Steel Storm review posted:

Apart from this being a boring game with controls so bad that it causes dizziness, I don't recommend this game because of the behaviour of the developers themselves.

Because of its low User Score on Metacritic (4.7 out of 10), the devs made an official announcement where they asked gamers to spam-vote perfect 10s in order to manipulate the result, while at the same time calling those who gave them low reviews "♥♥♥♥♥s" and "trolls", among other insults. When I and a few others remarked on how unprofessional that was, we had our comments and posts deleted, as well as our names included in a very public "Hall of Shame" (which was also deleted a few days later) where the developers attempted to ridicule and humiliate us as "trolls".

When almost no one posted any favourable user reviews on Metacritic, they asked Steam to remove their Metacritic score from the game's store page, as it gave them bad publicity (and that's why it's no longer here), but not before one of the developers (called Alexander "motorsep" Zubov) posted a fake review, giving his own game a 9 out of 10.

Companies that behave this way don't deserve any business.

Well then.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I stopped playing Deus Ex: HR about 1/3 of the way through the game, but I liked it... I need to get back into it. I played the hell out of the original game. My only complaint about the stylish successor (Invisible War doesn't count) is that Adam's raspy speech hurts my throat.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

LLCoolJD posted:

I stopped playing Deus Ex: HR about 1/3 of the way through the game, but I liked it... I need to get back into it. I played the hell out of the original game. My only complaint about the stylish successor (Invisible War doesn't count) is that Adam's raspy speech hurts my throat.

If it helps at all that is, in fact, what the voice actor actually sounds like.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

If it helps at all that is, in fact, what the voice actor actually sounds like.

Yeah, I remember people complaining about the how horrible and fake and wannabe-batman he sounds. Dude has been in a bunch of TV, and that's just what his normal speaking voice is like.

I'm not sure if I'm jealous or not.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Justin_Brett posted:

I was looking up the games in that Bundle Stars deal, and,

Well then.

Steel Storm starts off seeming like a great little indie shooter but then you realize that it does everything possible to make you hate it with enemies spawning on top of you and a completely dogshit progression system.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

PantsBandit posted:

Also, the controls are balls and you can't remap them as far as I know. I haven't been able to get into the game at all mostly because of this.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mung Dynasty posted:

Also, the controls are balls and you can't remap them as far as I know. I haven't been able to get into the game at all mostly because of this.

Uhhh I'm pretty sure you can remap keys.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Please buy Necrodancer, it's really drat good, even though its not quite finished yet. The devs are good guys though, so I have faith in them.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Mung Dynasty posted:

I'm not sure how pretty much "standard gunplay game" controls are balls compared to most games, but you can remap them easily.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Hell, I'll do one of these too. Huge thanks to Kragger! I am sure my kids will enjoy laughing at my ineptitude at octopus life.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Dominic White posted:

Yeah, I remember people complaining about the how horrible and fake and wannabe-batman he sounds. Dude has been in a bunch of TV, and that's just what his normal speaking voice is like.

I'm not sure if I'm jealous or not.

He sat in on a playthrough of his own game if there was any doubt. Really funny guy, too.

And hell yes I am jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

FrickenMoron posted:

Please buy Necrodancer
I am currently idling cards to do just that.

• Locked thread