Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yoda just shakes his head in disappointment at the entire GLC for that remark.

Matlock posted:

Injustice 16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fixed Expression
Nov 9, 2009
Is willpower based on size, then? Are elephants stronger willed than weasels?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Also why is superman leading the Sinestro Crops

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
He allied with them as they stood against the Green Lantern Corp , why do we not have a Injustice thread?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Mister Mind posted:

(unfortunately, Despero kicks J'onn's rear end immediately at the start of the next issue.)

Been years since I read it but wasn't that was just J'onn giving him the old telepathy mojo to make him think he brutally murdered the entire team then killed everyone on the planet until he blisfully regresses into an embryo state or something?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Hollismason posted:

He allied with them as they stood against the Green Lantern Corp , why do we not have a Injustice thread?

Someone should just make an Injustice/Earth 2 thread

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Start one!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

We have the Alternate Earths thread, that's pretty much the unofficial Injustice thread.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Fixed Expression posted:

Well you've never seen someone mind control an elephant have you?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Fixed Expression posted:

Well, he must have BIG GUTS.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Sentinel Red posted:

Been years since I read it but wasn't that was just J'onn giving him the old telepathy mojo to make him think he brutally murdered the entire team then killed everyone on the planet until he blisfully regresses into an embryo state or something?

That happens a little later. Mayhem happens first.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
From what I've seen the Injustice run is the loving badassest thing ever.
While the actual game blows loads.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Calaveron posted:

From what I've seen the Injustice run is the loving badassest thing ever.
While the actual game blows loads.

It's a great game! <:mad:>

It's just got an awful story mode

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

It's a great game! <:mad:>

It's just got an awful story mode

Where did all this hate for the game come from? I've only heard generally positive things about it other than a lame story.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Where did all this hate for the game come from? I've only heard generally positive things about it other than a lame story.

Well there's a couple of people in the absolutely execrable "fighting game community" who hate it for not being a Capcom style fighter, but that's about all I've heard. I can only assume most people who talk poo poo on it never actually played it.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Some people just don't handle the Netherrealm style of fighting game very well.

It also had a problem for a while there, IIRC, where you either played as Superman or you went the gently caress home. MKvDC had a similar problem with Flash and Green Lantern.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wanderer posted:

It also had a problem for a while there, IIRC, where you either played as Superman or you went the gently caress home. MKvDC had a similar problem with Flash and Green Lantern.

Eh, that was never really true. Superman is top tier but he was never game breakingly strong, even before the first patch. I know one tournament had basically nothing but Superman in the finals, but that's because a lot of the other competitors didn't play their characters very well, and Superman is a lot more straightforward to learn.

MK vs DC's Flash had an infinite that was almost impossible to not fall into. The games are like night and day. It's nuts how much Netherealms improved since the days of churning out things like MK: Deception.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
I guess it's their MO, but Netherrelm's character animations have never sat well with me and makes watching them fight kind of jarring. IMO it did not translate well from 2d-3d and as weird as it sounds having awkward and unnatural looking animation turns me away from those games.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a couple of side chapters of One Punch Man you may not have seen.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/262360/onepunch-man_ch26.5_by_nerieru-scans

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/262365/onepunch-man_ch29.5_by_nerieru-scans

About the same amount of funny as badass, but I'll just keep posting OPM here.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Lurdiak posted:

Eh, that was never really true. Superman is top tier but he was never game breakingly strong, even before the first patch. I know one tournament had basically nothing but Superman in the finals, but that's because a lot of the other competitors didn't play their characters very well, and Superman is a lot more straightforward to learn.
The Superman thing was that he put out a lot of damage for pretty low effort on the player's side.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Also that "one tournament" was Evo 2013, the biggest fighting game tournament of the year.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

Also that "one tournament" was Evo 2013, the biggest fighting game tournament of the year.

Just makes it all the more embarrassing that the players had such a poor showing.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Dream takes no poo poo.

Sandman Overture #3

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wait, poo poo is Overture three out now? drat it I just drove by the comic store like 5 minutes ago. :mad:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

This week.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Uthor posted:

Dream takes no poo poo.

Sandman Overture #3

Dream is pretty loving hardcore in the poo poo he does to people that cross him. Eternal Waking and keeping an old man from dying so he can constantly live in the nightmare of waking up but not actually waking up, condemning a woman to Hell for dumping him, etc.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

He really loves to take seemingly mundane punishments and extending them for a long time (long for him, who is Endless).

Sandman #27

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

Uthor posted:

Dream takes no poo poo.

Sandman Overture #3

The biggest badass in these panels is definitely the little girl. "Would you like to forget that it happened?" "Nope."

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I have a request from Hawkeye #19. Page 18 (Clints big "speech" on the roof) I would love to use thats as wallpaper. He signs "They won't stop, I WILL stop them ok?" while in the background it shows Clint and Barney smashing up the tracksuits place of business.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

(Batman Black & White #1 (2013))

Even in (physical) defeat, Scarface talks sense to Batman and sends him (psychologically) packing.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Previously, in Space Punisher #3 & 4:

Frank Castle and his robot son Chip have arrived at Assemble City, Avengers Planet...

Later...

Coming in 2015...

ULTIMATE JARVIS

"Alfred who?"

(all images click for big)

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
I would advise avoiding Space Punisher. It's very pretty art, but otherwise it's basically Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe, but "This Time it's in Space" so its' Totally Different!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Terrible advice.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Space Punisher is goofy, but a hell of a lot better than the Untold Tales of Punisher Max. :suicide:

Meanwhile, in the previous Guardians of the Galaxy run from 2010 (#25), oh look it's Thanos, back from the dead and mindless. (Click for Pym particle activation.)

A little later...

Don't bring a Groot to a Cube fight.

"Groot.. am.. ow."

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Ygolonac posted:

Don't bring a Groot to a Cube fight.

"Groot.. am.. ow."

Dang. Taking an infinity gem shot right to the junk. That'll put you down.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CzarChasm posted:

Dang. Taking an infinity gem shot right to the junk. That'll put you down.

No wonder Death dumped him.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Notice how they didn't even make it a relatively big flare.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

ManiacClown posted:

Notice how they didn't even make it a relatively big flare.

So that's why he's the Mad Titan!

Lowest hanging fruit there was and I'm not ashamed.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

The Biggest Jerk posted:

So that's why he's the Mad Titan!

Lowest hanging fruit there was and I'm not ashamed.

I think we've established that Thanos doesn't hang all that low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

She-Hulk #7 presents this week's most Badass page.