Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

!PLOP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Okay, first half of a catch-up! I know you guys have missed your favorite comic!

Intelligent Life

one day i am going to find the person who makes this comic. not even inspector danger will be able to figure out what happened to them

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

sweetguts posted:

one day i am going to find the person who makes this comic. not even inspector danger will be able to figure out what happened to them

He won't have to. He'll just falsely accuse some random guy off the street and sic alfie on'em. By the time he's done it won't matter whodunit.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Belsatan can't even make EasyMac? What kind of bachelor wizard is he?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The Intelligent Life guy used to do comics for Star Trek: The Magazine, apparently. I dimly remember skimming past them when I was seeing just how far the mag had degenerated and turned into recapping TNG episodes. Let's see an example of what that held.

Well, for one, Kahless isn't a deity but is more like Sun Tzu or Moses, so that punchline doesn't make sense, and also, this is bad. And yet, in a weird way, less obnoxiously drawn, but only a smidgen.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Probably Magic posted:

The Intelligent Life guy used to do comics for Star Trek: The Magazine, apparently. I dimly remember skimming past them when I was seeing just how far the mag had degenerated and turned into recapping TNG episodes. Let's see an example of what that held.

Well, for one, Kahless isn't a deity but is more like Sun Tzu or Moses, so that punchline doesn't make sense, and also, this is bad. And yet, in a weird way, less obnoxiously drawn, but only a smidgen.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Probably Magic posted:

I think it's the weird, slightly manic look that all of his characters get that really sets me off. Particularly that lower-eyelid detail.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I was going to look up and post the last comic the thread unaminously hated, which I remember being called "As If" but I couldn't find it. Very badly-drawn Cathy clone? Eventually we noticed the writing was fairly good?

Someone's been reading their Thomas Hardy.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Mr. Squishy posted:

I was going to look up and post the last comic the thread unaminously hated, which I remember being called "As If" but I couldn't find it. Very badly-drawn Cathy clone? Eventually we noticed the writing was fairly good?

Reply All?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

LtStorm posted:

I will say this comic does make me happy to remember what kind of douchebag I escaped being.

You need to narrow it down. Do you mean the goon, or the woman who cares really hard about people's coffee orders, or the cashier, or any other Intelligent Life character?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Bingo

the protagonsist seems to have put on a bit of weight, but she's working on it!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Jeez why is he always wearing red t shirts

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Calaveron posted:

ctrl+c, ctrl+v

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Calaveron posted:

I think it is a Star Trek joke

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

TofuDiva posted:

I think it is a Star Trek joke

This strip would benefit from the redshit dying, it's true.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Probably Magic posted:

This strip would benefit from the redshit dying, it's true.

I choose to believe this was not a typo because it fits too well.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Good Listener posted:

I choose to believe this was not a typo because it fits too well.

It's not a typo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Congratulations Olive, you've dug up an old chastity belt. Just what you need.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Uh pretty sure it's Quailman headgear

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Okay, I do have something to post.

During my self-imposed exile here, I became a fan of Peter Bagge. I bought two of his books while in LA, one of them being "Stupid Comics", put out by Fantagraphics in 1991. One of the comics is "Generic Comix". Think "Super Fun-Pak Comix" from Tom the Dancing Bug, except nastier. I figure it's appropriate for this thread. Enjoy!

Probably Magic posted:

Not sure if pointed out, but the cartoonist is one of Jim Davis's many assistants at Paws Inc, working on "Garfield". He also did a webcomic about a barbarian called "Legend of Bill". I'm a bigger fan of "Groo the Wanderer", personally.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 31, 2014

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I just became a fan of Peter Bagge.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I had never heard of Peter Bagge before, but oh my god those own. I'd love to see more.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo is trying to bail on his own strip. Obviously, an intervention is called for. (August 1, 1956)

Peanuts: Year One (January 8-10, 1951)

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
A question: since Bleeker has been abandoned, and nobody much likes Geech, would you rather Bleeker replace the Geech reruns?

Pickles is the story of a boy and a man on a raft.

C'mon, R. Nobody rocks out with a keytar.

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (May 20, 1925)

Moments we'd like to relive: getting your rear end pinched in public by what's probably your older brother.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Really Pants posted:

You need to narrow it down. Do you mean the goon, or the woman who cares really hard about people's coffee orders, or the cashier, or any other Intelligent Life character?

Yes.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

don Jaime posted:

Moments we'd like to relive: getting your rear end pinched in public by what's probably your older brother.

He is holding onto his pants, keeping him from falling in. God, all you think about is young boy rear end. You need help, brother.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Office Hours

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Few more Peter Bagge comics:

So which one of us live on the moon?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

don Jaime posted:

Counterpoint.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I don't believe that any of the Keane children has ever had the problem of a head that is too small.

don Jaime posted:

A question: since Bleeker has been abandoned, and nobody much likes Geech, would you rather Bleeker replace the Geech reruns?
Post whatever you want to post.

Bound and Gagged

Just posting this because I work in a call centre and the thing I hate the most is people who demand to know why we're calling at dinner time. :argh:

F-Minus

Ginger Meggs

It's important that it's a smartphone, because how would you get a text on it otherwise?

Pluggers

What are green stamps?

Red and Rover

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

don Jaime posted:

My personal preference is for Bleeker over Geech, but...

Tiggum posted:

Post whatever you want to post.

Tiggum posted:

What are green stamps?

Maybe just an American thing? It used to be that various businesses would thank you for buying their goods/services by giving you these stamps that you could then paste into a book. Over time if you saved enough stamps you could turn them back in for prizes. My mom swears she got some really nice stuff that way.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

don Jaime posted:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Factory Factory posted:

What the heck is that? It looks like some kind of stay-in-place, loop-around dickhole-plugger-upper.

Cow Tools: Popeye edition

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

That laugh woke up the baby. Thanks.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

gggGGAAAAAA! :argh:

Non Sequitur

Is this some sort of an intelligent design joke?

Heavenly Nostrils is a day late, but new.

Wait, I thought they were on an inland lake?

Kliban's Cats

I like his little ear armor.

9 Chickweed Lane 7/31/2003

Ok, this is dumb now, Brooke, can we be done?

Zits

I can't sneak up on anybody anymore if I'm climbing stairs. My joints are way too noisy.

Kevin & Kell

Good to see all the effort that went into the disguise went to good use.

:v: It is a Mandrake joke, you see.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

:v: It is a Mandrake joke, you see.

Haha. There have been several strips abusing, mocking and degrading those bar dwellers she sees as "lessers", and now she is upset she can't sponge off them.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Good to see all the effort that went into the disguise went to good use.

I'm wondering both how Coney is disguised (I doubt she's chopped off her hair) and what she's going to be doing in the other camp. I'm expecting murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I wish we still had new Nemi with books and Grimm and nerd stuff instead of old Nemi with gradients and blur and bars full of mainstream people.

What's going on there, did Metro not renew the contract or something?

• Locked thread