Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

All her tattoos are loving awful

http://stealherstyle.net/tattoos/miley-cyrus-tattoos/

I wish I could see the lettering close up :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

That sounds like some ominous poo poo right there. Along with tree, I'm thinking along the lines of "Carnivale."

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Account McAccount posted:

All her tattoos are loving awful

http://stealherstyle.net/tattoos/miley-cyrus-tattoos/

I wish I could see the lettering close up :allears:

Miley Cyrus posted:

“I could never get a meaningless tattoo.”

E- and although I don't know much of anything about Miley, this surprised me:

Miley Cyrus posted:

Her backdrops for the Bangerz Tour featured cats and other animals which were designed by Ren & Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi. “Our whole tour is literally based on animals,” she told MTV. “His art is driving a lot of the tour.”

Snowy has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Jul 29, 2014

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
From what I've heard John K is a pretty nasty person himself.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

He does have a reputation for being a tremendous rear end in a top hat, and a complete sperglord when it comes to cartoons. You think the first few seasons of Ren and Stimpy came from a healthy mind?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

quote:

Miley Cyrus paid tribute to her deceased dog Floyd with a tattoo on her side, which she had done on July 5th 2014 along with her friends Wayne Coyne and Katy Weaver. The three pals all got the same medallion design with a cartoon drawing of Floyd and the words “with a little help from my fwends” in a speech bubble around the outside of the circle.

Hahah, holy poo poo, that's supposed to be a dog. :laffo:

e: and two other idiots are walking around with this mess. For their sake I hope she went first and the scratcher sobered up a bit before doing theirs (and sanitised the equipment:barf:)

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 00:24 on Jul 30, 2014

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005

detectivemonkey posted:

Wayne Coyne and his girlfriend got matching ones from the same guy. At a party.

I hate myself for knowing that.

I'm bummed that the lead singer of the Flaming Lips is getting bad tattoos with Miley Cyrus.

Content:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Knucklebear posted:

I'm bummed that the lead singer of the Flaming Lips is getting bad tattoos with Miley Cyrus.

If that bums you out, you should avoid this music video Wayne made with her:

Blonde SuperFreak Steals the Magic Brain

Amykinz
May 6, 2007
"Lace tattoo - I designed this piece myself and she did an amazing job at recreating it!"

http://fyeahtattoos.com/ sometimes shows some really amazing stuff. Sometimes not.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Amykinz posted:

"Spider web tattoo - I designed this piece myself and she did an amazing job at recreating it!"

http://fyeahtattoos.com/ sometimes shows some really amazing stuff. Sometimes not.

The design is poo poo and stupid (like pretty much all "I drew it mysewfh" tats) but the execution isn't bad. If you want to design something bad to go on you at least get an artist to do it (and make it better, most like).

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Why do celebrities have such ugly loving tattoos. I will never understand. With the money Miley Cyrus makes, she could resurrect Sailor Jerry himself from the dead to design her a decent tattoo. Her brothers tattoos are even worse, look up Trace Cyrus. They are so white trash.

Amykinz
May 6, 2007
Yeah, that's what I gathered too. The design is terrible and makes the artist's work look like poo poo with all the wobbly lines and such. I've seen some REALLY GOOD lace tattoos, so why the artist didn't try to get the 'designer' to let her fix it up a bit is beyond me.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I think the flower part of that tattoo looks okay, but yeah, the webs look god awful.

And man Trace Cyrus looks like the most unappealing man on earth; I'm not surprised I've never heard of him.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Toriori posted:

They are so white trash.

That's the answer to your question right there.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Toriori posted:

Why do celebrities have such ugly loving tattoos. I will never understand. With the money Miley Cyrus makes, she could resurrect Sailor Jerry himself from the dead to design her a decent tattoo. Her brothers tattoos are even worse, look up Trace Cyrus. They are so white trash.

All the money in the world doesn't make you a tattoo aficionado or mean that you have any interest in tattoo culture. It just means you can throw money at idiot tattooists who will tattoo whatever you want without trying to talk you out of it.

IIRC, Angelina Jolie has the same dragon design tattooed on her twice because I guess she likes it a lot?

e:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Poor font choices.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Say Nothing posted:

Poor font choices.

Saint Penis was a pretty cool guy I hope.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Poor font choices.

Excellent spacing, random capitalization and use of apostrophes.

LingcodKilla posted:

Saint Penis was a pretty cool guy I hope.

He was. It's my confirmation name.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Krampus Grewcock posted:

Oh wow, it looks like they used the same animal stencils I used when I was in 1st grade.

Your first grade animal stencils had giant penises you could insert into other animal stencils ?

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Bored posted:

The capital "C" on credit made me think that it was going to have phrase worked into the tattoo using the first letter of each line. I was disappointed.

Kind like this:

Apparently it's called an acrostic.

Late, but someone typed that text in Word and chose some free handwriting/script font and forgot that it auto-capitalizes each new sentence. "God" is not capitalized, which shows that nobody bothered to proofread.

Any text tattoos with red squiggle lines in them, by any chance? :v:

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Istari posted:

Your first grade animal stencils had giant penises you could insert into other animal stencils ?

They did when we were through with them.

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

Searching for "anime tattoos" on Google is like shooting fish in a barrel. The last one is really blurry, sorry about that.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Forgivenen isthe heytohappinen??

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

luncheon meat posted:

They can't help the fact that that's how Abraham Lincoln wrote the words.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

luncheon meat posted:

the "Forgiveness" reminds me of

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

They can't help the fact that that's how Abraham Lincoln wrote the words.

Oh, it's a Lincoln thing? Not sure why some feral Australian is getting it in an unlicensed backyard place then.

e: How about this one?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

luncheon meat posted:

Oh, it's a Lincoln thing? Not sure why some feral Australian is getting it in an unlicensed backyard place then.

I think that's MLK Jr., actually. He was known for having pretty "childish" handwriting (as you can see here).

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

This was posted on Facebook by some guy I went to secondary school with. The caption said something along the lines of, "It's still bumpy wonky now, but within a few weeks it'll be straight." Not sure whether it's something he was told by his tattoo artist or whether it's just something he desperately wants to believe, but I wish him luck with hoping it'll work out...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nah he's gonna totally go to the gym everyday and bulk out, that'll straighten up those lines.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

luncheon meat posted:

Torever

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

"DNA breaking into a galaxy. 'We are all star stuff.'"

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

sforzacio posted:

He's not being pretentious, he's quoting Sagan as the basis for an awesome tattoo. I love this one.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That is so good. Love it.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Wasn't bashing the quote, but the lovely execution.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

sforzacio posted:

Wasn't bashing the quote, but the lovely execution.

That's lovely??

canis minor
May 4, 2011

strangemusic posted:

That's lovely??

Personally I don't like it; too busy, with mishmash of color. Would not get.

Though I'd say also say that comparing to other tattoos on this page only, it's out of place in this thread.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This thread is many things to many people. I'm here for the penis butterflies.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

squarerandom posted:

I'm pretty sure its a dog on his back, but the tribal within the dogs nose looks like a sad face and that's all I can see. And I guess he's too big where he can't reach the tag on his ~AUTHENTIC~ Dickies shorts?

Goddamnit.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Inevitable posted:

http://www.vice.com/read/no-class-diy-tattoos-fairplay-jesse-brocato-interview-678

This is an article about a super cool tattoo parlor where people get drunk and tattoo themselves. But it's not like they're dumbasses who use unsterilized needles or anything; they always make sure to pick the cat hair off the tattoo gun first. Oh, and they hardly ever share needles.

Here's one of the awesome results:

You know how there's times when you want the mean ol' Gov't to go away, and then there's times when you want the mean ol' Gov't to do something?

Shut these idiots down before they start spreading Ebola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvoDevo
Jul 5, 2007

sforzacio posted:

I don't mind this one but the one thing that bothers me is that the DNA is a generic helix instead if having a major and minor groove.

• Locked thread