Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

icantfindaname posted:

the dynasty warriors spinoff is going to make rogert ebert rise from the grave and shamble over to satoru iwata's home, hat in hand, to personally apologize for saying games arent art

I've spent some time with it and it's going to do what The Bouncer did for the PS2.

Meaning not much, it's got way less stuff than other DW games. It's way more novelty than gameplay. Once you get over having Zelda characters do something they don't normally do, it's a very very very very average and unremarkable spinoff. The player characters look nice but everything else is bland as all hell and the bosses are seriously lacking in any sort of complexity.

I'd give it a 6/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i am getting a boner and having a cum over the latest Numbers. whether they're low or high, i'll always take a good sales data... text or chart form. it sustains me

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

absolutely anything posted:

i am getting a boner and having a cum over the latest Numbers. whether they're low or high, i'll always take a good sales data... text or chart form. it sustains me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is loving amazing

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Mario Kart 8 sold over 2 million copies and pushed the WiiU sales to over 500k in a month. If you don't think a Zelda game plus Smash and Amiibos aren't gonna push that even higher then welp,

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

mikemil828 posted:

Not that anyone cares at this point but Nintendo lost 92 million this quarter despite Mario Kart 8

http://kotaku.com/people-are-buying-the-wii-u-but-nintendo-is-still-losi-1613193985/all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl3zYd3BFr0

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Mario Kart 8 sold over 2 million copies and pushed the WiiU sales to over 500k in a month*. If you don't think a Zelda game plus Smash and Amiibos aren't gonna push that even higher then welp,

*quarter

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Wii U is really the best next gen console.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The Wii U is really the best next gen console.

I don't know anyone who owns a WiiU who doesn't love it and most of the people hating it don't own one

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I own a Wii U and am still disappointed it, mate.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Nintendo Kid posted:

I own a Wii U and am still disappointed it, mate.

yeah well we're all disappointed in you

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

a Loving Dog posted:

yeah well we're all disappointed in you

The category is, things said at a Loving Dogs family gatherings.
I would have also accepted "come over here and suck aunties cock".

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

Fulchrum posted:

Well, seems you guys have hit deak retard.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fulchrum posted:

Fulchrum posted:

Well, seems you guys have hit deak retard.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
loving lmao forever, he's more of a dweeb than I could've imagined.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

what's a deak retard?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

mods rename me deak retard

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Louisgod posted:

loving lmao forever, he's more of a dweeb than I could've imagined.

Oooh, lookit the internet toughguy.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Fulchrum posted:

Oooh, lookit the internet toughguy.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Fulchrum posted:

I'm fine with people making fun of how I look. I'm ugly and I'm fully aware of it - I look like Sean Penn got locked in a cake factory.

The problem is you're a bunch of cowardly little fucks who pinned everything you had on Loving Dogshits internet detective skills/ ability to change the username of his okCupid profile. You came up dead loving wrong, and not a single one of you is enough of an adult to admit it. So we are having this group circlejerk where you convince each other that, eyes be damned, two people who look nothing alike are really the same person, because that means your posting for the past 7 pages doesn't paint you as a bunch of retards.

You all shat your bed, now lie in it.

drat i fuckin missed some poo poo duckin out of the xbox thread. hoo baby

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

deak brought the heat today

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
What's the sales data on Fulchrum's meltdown? Is it doing better or worse than the Wii U? Would like charts.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

absolutely anything posted:

drat i fuckin missed some poo poo duckin out of the xbox thread. hoo baby

every post made by anybody in that thread paints them as a retard what was special about the last 7 pages of it?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Mercury Crusader posted:

What's the sales data on Fulchrum's meltdown?

Sales are up 40% in Japan

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'd be willing to bet that a majority of the ~500k were in the last two days of May and the entire month of June.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I think January might be a little late if they want to meet their FY15 forecasts unless they get an unusually big Q4.

They're releasing a new Smash and Pokémon game, that's a pretty safe bet.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Why you posting pics of a Loving Dog

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Fulchrum posted:

I would have also accepted "come over here and suck aunties cock".

Octodad. Towerfall Ascension. Mercenary Kings. Don't Starve. Resogun. Transistor

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Yo just a question, but why doesn't Nintendo feature Tiny Kong in more games. She wasn't even in tropical freeze. Seems like such a waste to redesign the character for the lovely DS Diddy Kong racing port and Mario Super SLuggers. Two not very good games(OG N64 DKR was the best tho).

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

mikemil828 posted:

Not that anyone cares at this point but Nintendo lost 92 million this quarter despite Mario Kart 8

http://kotaku.com/people-are-buying-the-wii-u-but-nintendo-is-still-losi-1613193985/all

Nintendo has a shitload of money, but their console is losing money
Sony is haemorrhaging money, but their console is killing it
Xbox is doing pretty bad

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Terror Sweat posted:

Nintendo has a shitload of money, but their console is losing money
Sony is haemorrhaging money, but their console is killing it
Xbox is doing pretty bad

Microsoft has more money than anything and they even admitted that the Xbox sucks over their conference call.

When you have enough money to openly admit "yeah we made a real piece of poo poo" you are indestructible.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

O__O posted:

Octodad. Towerfall Ascension. Mercenary Kings. Don't Starve. Resogun. Transistor

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Microsoft has more money than anything and they even admitted that the Xbox sucks over their conference call.

When you have enough money to openly admit "yeah we made a real piece of poo poo" you are indestructible.

If they can weather the storm of Windows 8, Windows Phone, the Surface Pro and the Xbone all being giant flaming piles of poo poo I'll be impressed. They must be losing an insane amount of money.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

BGrifter posted:

They must be losing an insane amount of money.

Net profit for 2013 was $26.76 billion. You'd have to do a whole lot of poo poo to get that below 0 for this year.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Nintendo Kid posted:

Net profit for 2013 was $26.76 billion. You'd have to do a whole lot of poo poo to get that below 0 for this year.

I always forget their enterprise stuff is a ridiculously huge money maker. Bankrolls a whooooooole lot of failure.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, Microsoft is probably more financially sound today than they have ever been. It is the only reason they can keep dumping hundreds of millions down the Xbox hole.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

BGrifter posted:

I always forget their enterprise stuff is a ridiculously huge money maker. Bankrolls a whooooooole lot of failure.

Their Windows division did great too I mean the thing to keep in mind is that if Windows for example drops by 10% in revenue it's still billions of dollars in sales and very profitable, you dig? Like developing and maintaining the software they sell does not have costs nearly as high as the sales of it they get in a bad year.

They sell you or the company making your computer a Windows license of any version for $140 or whatever, and it only cost them pennies to issue the license and the average cost of the development and patching per unit probably amortizes out to like $10 per user. It prints money.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

abagofcheetos posted:

Yeah, Microsoft is probably more financially sound today than they have ever been. It is the only reason they can keep dumping hundreds of millions down the Xbox hole.

They've dumped way more on other failed ventures than the Xbox division.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

quote:

Here's the exact quote taken from a feature in the latest issue of the UK's Nintendo Gamer magazine: "Buried in reams of financial data is the revelation that Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (£6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank - enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
When was that quote made because supposedly it's much less now and money doesn't exactly work that way, where you just have a slush fund of sorts to deflect losses to.

• Locked thread