Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
You guys like super early podcasts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY2LwBh5ji0
Ludacris...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Please actually watch Justice League/Unlimited instead of more Sword Arts.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Woolie telling bitch nigga ghost is funnier than it should be.

Also going to Cuba sounds like the most terrifying thing and I hope Matt comes back okay.

cmykJester fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 29, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

cmykjester posted:

Also going to Cuba sounds like the most terrifying thing and I hope Matt comes back okay.

My parents went to Cuba a few years ago and were fine, I'm sure a young Canadian will also be okay. It's only Americans they don't like.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

cmykjester posted:

He'll come back with the mustache portion of his beard longer and whispy and will insist on being called Comrade Matt.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

cmykjester posted:

Cuba's actually a lot more stable than most Americans think, thanks to anticommunist propaganda. It's not Paris by any stretch, but it's probably safer on the whole than most other Caribbean nations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If you're a tourist, basically no place in the world is terrifying, you'll always stay at the nicest spot in town - and if there are no nice spots it's not like you'd be allowed to do tourism there, really.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

If you're a tourist, basically no place in the world is terrifying, you'll always stay at the nicest spot in town - and if there are no nice spots it's not like you'd be allowed to do tourism there, really.

Yea Cuba sucks to like, live in unless you're rich, but if you're a tourist you're fine, enjoy a beach and rum and just chill out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh dear, the pair hit 22 faith.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Why am I not surprised that Liam likes Pursuit Force?

That game is pretty fun though. Never beat it but oh well.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

What was the name of that metrics game that Liam is putting on watch?

Metrica? Metrika? I can't find a google on such a vague name.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Trexy posted:

Pat needs some kind of shock collar that goes off every time he says "yanno what I mean?" in the dark souls thing.

Pat and Woolie but especially Pat need to use their inside voices when they do Dark Souls together but they're the two most excitable memebers of the Zaibatsu.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

No joke, my wife will not watch best friends content with Pat because he yells so much. She loved the cereal investigation and FFVIII, so she likes the SBFP sense of humor, but it sucks she just can't understand hype.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Pat is the best non-Woolie member of the zaibatsu so unfortunately it seems your wife has what I like to call "the crazies".

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm wondering if the latest patch didn't severely nerf Lightning Spears, Pat was just going to let Woolie spam them all day for the rest of the playthrough. I only started playing right as the new patch came out, but I'd imagine it'd be kinda boring since combat would be irrelevant?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Previously the lighting spear spells were loving ridiculous and you could steamroll quite literally the entire game with them, since there aren't any bosses that are especially resistant to lightning besides the mirror knight. With a couple of buffs and maybe a lightning weapon you could nuke basically anything in 30 seconds. So, yes, it'd be pretty boring to watch.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Previously the lighting spear spells were loving ridiculous and you could steamroll quite literally the entire game with them, since there aren't any bosses that are especially resistant to lightning besides the mirror knight. With a couple of buffs and maybe a lightning weapon you could nuke basically anything in 30 seconds. So, yes, it'd be pretty boring to watch.

I dunno, they've done steamroll playthroughs before and they've been fine. If anything, constant failure is the most boring thing; the best mix is general progress with occasional hilarious failures. Pairing a super strong build with Woolie being a scrub babby at Souls actually sounds like a fine time.

And yes, my wife is nuts. But our marriage happened before SBFP, so there was no way to know.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub2zuAYP4HU
The new Scribblenauts games are super loving legit and way better than the original, I'll defend them to the ends of the earth.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
As long as Pat doesn't warn woolie about mimics I am fine with the dark souls play through.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's way less mimics in DaS2 than in 1 but the few that exist are somehow way more horrifying than the already nightmarish versions in DaS1.

e: for the uninitiated, it is important to understand that while most devs are content to merely make mimics be chests with teeth, From Software thinks other devs are lazy shits.

http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/Img0061.jpg/477299722/400x599/Img0061.jpg

They're instant kills if you trigger them for most non-tank builds and if you start a fight with one they hit like trucks, have speedy attacks with large range, and can do crazy spin kicks that knock you aside.

My brief experience with Dark Souls 2 mimics indicates that they are far, far worse.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 30, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mimics don't seem bad, but I never got hit by one. They're pretty squishy. I hope Pat tells the difference between Mimics once they hit the first one, because otherwise it's just long backtrack.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Is the super smash bros flash game they're talking about the one with kenshiro in it?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Sorry I haven't posted in a bit, as I've been feverishly editing the entire Week of Ninja Turtles, starting this Monday, as well as the 1 hr 39 min finale of Superfriends! Hope you guys enjoy it! I'll be fine in Cuba, going with my gf to a 4 star resort, and Cuba loves Canadians. Thanks for the concern though!

I saw that comment about someone's wife not digging it when Pat yells alot. I just saw a comment on the DC Scribblenauts of a few people complaining about when I yell. This is a slippy slope, because you want to be hype and not appear like you're just going through the motions or bored. Do I yell too much? What is a good balance?

Not sure if I'll even have decent internet access where I am, so you might not see me again for a bit, but I'll try to be around more once I'm back!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

This is a slippy slope, because you want to be hype and not appear like you're just going through the motions or bored. Do I yell too much? What is a good balance?

No, you're just getting hype. People just need to be one with the hype. Stay hype. In conclusion: Hype.

Thank you again for the videos and enjoy your vacation.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

TheRealestMatt posted:

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit, as I've been feverishly editing the entire Week of Ninja Turtles, starting this Monday, as well as the 1 hr 39 min finale of Superfriends! Hope you guys enjoy it! I'll be fine in Cuba, going with my gf to a 4 star resort, and Cuba loves Canadians. Thanks for the concern though!

I saw that comment about someone's wife not digging it when Pat yells alot. I just saw a comment on the DC Scribblenauts of a few people complaining about when I yell. This is a slippy slope, because you want to be hype and not appear like you're just going through the motions or bored. Do I yell too much? What is a good balance?

Not sure if I'll even have decent internet access where I am, so you might not see me again for a bit, but I'll try to be around more once I'm back!

I've never thought the yelling was too much, on your part or Pat's. Maybe in the early podcasts when you guys were just getting the rhythm and flow of it and had trouble not talking over one another, but not recently, and definitely not on the videos.

I think I'd take the hype even if it got out of control over how mind-numbingly boring and meandering a lot of podcasts are any day

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Please never have Pat on comic games ever again. He even said he hates comics, no one gets hurt.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

If the mic's not getting blown out, it's fine. It's nice to have some genuine excitement where a lot of online game video stuff is cynical and pessimistic.

Enjoy your vacation!

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Yell a lot

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Please never have Pat on comic games ever again. He even said he hates comics, no one gets hurt.

Please have Pat on more comic games.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

I dunno, I wouldn't change it. You guys getting really excited and letting yourselves get caught up in great/lovely moments is a big part of the appeal of your videos. I don't think you can try to be all things to all people, and you shouldn't try to police your volume. Seriously, if there's anything you shouldn't do, it's change what got you to be as successful as you are. If you do want get more groundswell among the baby-ears-wife demographic, rather than changing how you do your core content, make more side videos that are understated, like the cereal episode, Arts & Crafts, or Zak playing Asura's Wrath.

Really, my wife is just tragically lame, I didn't mean it as much more than an anecdote.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit, as I've been feverishly editing the entire Week of Ninja Turtles, starting this Monday, as well as the 1 hr 39 min finale of Superfriends!

Oh we just assumed you gave up on us as a lost cause(as your should).

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
You know, I almost wonder if Soul Suspect would have been better with a lower budget. Or at least less collectibles.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

This. It was the hype in the livestream of the Nuzlocke that really saved the playthrough, I think, compared to how tame in general the rest of the run was. The hype also helps keep you guys (especially Pat, the eternal cynic) from just being one of the countless "angry nerd" style LPers who think the secret to success is just to be snide or yell angrily.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah sometimes I feel like Pat took lessons from Egoraptor because there are times he sounds just like him, enunciation and voice pitch change and all. Except he is better at it than Ego.

Some folks just don't like yelling. If you stopped going whole hog into things and letting your enthusiasm show in full force, frankly, I wouldn't watch/listen to you guys. I don't mean that as a slight or dumbing down of what you do, but your willingness to let the hype and true feelings take control is a big draw for a lot of people. It also allows the times when you guys are dead loving serious stand out that much more and be notable. When Pat does his calm, calculating voice, it is much more apparent than if he spoke that way all the time.

Also, I just listened to the "quietcast" you guys did a bit ago when you had to be quiet to not wake the neighbors, and it just sounded WEIRD with everyone chaining themselves and keeping the excitement in check/muted.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Improbable Lobster posted:

You know, I almost wonder if Soul Suspect would have been better with a lower budget. Or at least less collectibles.

Yes. Yes it would've. It should've been an around $20 downloadable like Blood Dragon or Gunslinger.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I have yet to meet a group who genuinely enjoys what they are doing as much as you guys (SBF). Be hype, be marvel. I wouldn't want you guys to change anything. I mean perfect hype video for me was Double Dragon Neon because how much you guys really enjoyed every second of what the game had to offer.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Tae posted:

Please make Pat play all the comic games by himself from now on.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Rhonne posted:

Please make Pat play all the comic games by himself from now on.

Occasionally have Liam pop in and tell him he's wrong and then go away and leave Pat by himself again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I will say the yelling/loudness of the podcasts was annoying & jarring at first because I was a lame virgin pussy who understood nothing. Then I got used to it, podcast owns and I am now a man.

I'm most interested in what Pat has to say the most cause we share the most opinions out of the zaibatsu so he can yell over everyone all he wants :smug: