Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I miss the crazy racists from last season. I don't watch the feeds but I follow the thread and I miss the constant terribleness of everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrodes
Oct 18, 2003

LOL RACISM!

STAC Goat posted:

Grief is a weird and unpredictable loving thing and I try not to judge people for the harmless ways they choose to mourn.

So we've established you're not an investigative reporter for 48 Hours

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I can't believe they're showing the Caleb/Amber date. This is so goddamn awkward. He is sooo creepy. And the BB editors are making the whole thing hilarious

I can believe that Caleb shaves his arms

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is the only episode I have watched but Zach makes Jessie Godderz look like a saint

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

sportsgenius86 posted:

This is the only episode I have watched but Zach makes Jessie Godderz look like a saint

Well Zach was basically pushed into doing that by Team America. Not that he needed much prodding, but such is the way of ZACH ATTACK

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Nice confrontation Christine. Everything about you is awkward.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Zach is insane. Why did he do that to Nicole?

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Anyone else find it a bit funny that loving Jocasta of all people is the one to roll her eyes at Victoria being "a little emotional"? Girl, you were speaking in tongues last week when Amber carried your rear end through Battle of the Block. :jerkbag:

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I appreciate Zach if for no other reason than his correctly calling Christine a giant useless nothing.

I'm not sure why Amber is the primary target for these guys though. Caleb presumably is more likely to win a physical thing and makes a better showing that they don't have the alliance that they actually do, no? Or even Hayden.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Derrick believes that he has Caleb 90% in his pocket, and the remaining 10% is due to Amber being around. He's probably right.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Derrick, Frankie, and Hayden all think they can control Caleb so they want Amber out first. Christine should want Amber to stay because Amber trusts her but Amber and Cody flirt a lot so Christine is jealous and wants her gone. Nicole is convinced Amber wants her out because of Christie and the nomination in week 2. Donny sees Amber and Caleb as the same thing, both strong competitors working together. Victoria is angry Amber uses her makeup.

Cody actually wants Caleb gone and is pretty pissed off that everyone promised him they'd take out Caleb this week if he took out Britt last week and then Frankie flipped the target. But Cody has no spine and mostly spends his time whining about things.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Zach is insane. Why did he do that to Nicole?

As said, Frankie (and to a lesser extent Derrick) heavily encouraged him to in order to complete the task. And Zach just loves being an rear end in a top hat. Frankie was actually pushing for it to be much meaner and nastier to try and make sure there was a fight but Zach tried to stay with funny.

Generic American posted:

Anyone else find it a bit funny that loving Jocasta of all people is the one to roll her eyes at Victoria being "a little emotional"? Girl, you were speaking in tongues last week when Amber carried your rear end through Battle of the Block. :jerkbag:

Tongue speaking aside (I know, I can't believe I said that either) Jocasta really is a pretty composed person and Victoria is an absolute emotional wreck. Its the same thing that put Britt and Victoria at odds last week. That "Mama J's children" thing wasn't out of nowhere. She really does spend a lot of her time having to mother these children and a lot of them call her Mama J. And Victoria is a huge handful.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 28, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
BB's editing of Caleb and Amber continues to be curious and kind of gross. The date happened way before that little pow wow, and that little pow wow was completely cut down, including the ending, which ultimately resulted in quite a bit of drama.

I didn't see the date live, but from what we saw of that whole "Scene"/segment they did, its definitely almost completely the opposite feeling that people told me in the feeds thread (in that Amber kind of didn't want to do it, and actually did tell Caleb she wasn't into him in that way at some point.)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I haven't seen the episode yet but if I remember right she didn't flat out tell him no or that she wasn't interested that night, although she's done it plenty of times before. She went along with the date because he asked her in front of everyone and pressured her into saying yes and then she gave him a lot of signs she wasn't interested during the date and refused to agree to a second. But Caleb read out of what he always wants to read out of it. They're in love.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
In tonight's she basically was kicking herself for making a joke when she should know that he's a crazy person and wouldn't let it go.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's basically how it played out for real. She made the dumb "would you eat a pickle for a date?" joke and then hated herself for days because Caleb took it to its extreme seriousness.

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
oops, wrong thread

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

STAC Goat posted:

Tongue speaking aside (I know, I can't believe I said that either) Jocasta really is a pretty composed person and Victoria is an absolute emotional wreck. Its the same thing that put Britt and Victoria at odds last week. That "Mama J's children" thing wasn't out of nowhere. She really does spend a lot of her time having to mother these children and a lot of them call her Mama J. And Victoria is a huge handful.

At one point Jocasta was a hard parting person so who knows how she's handling it.

Also getting stuck in a comp with Victoria is just a death sentence.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Mahoning posted:

Call me crazy or heartless but the chances of me ever throwing a competition so someone could see a picture are slim and none.

It's sad when someone you love dies, but let's not pretend its a tragedy. The guy was 90. We should all be so lucky.

I mean this in the best way possible, but please never try out for any of these shows. In Big Brother, throwing a competition is just as much of a Game Move as winning a competition. Derrick openly throwing a competition strategically a great game move - it would have been a bad week for him to win HOH and openly throwing it like that was less about letting Frankie see a picture and more about keeping the number of enemies low, especially when by throwing it to an alliance member. The fact that he openly threw it was possible only because of Frankie's grandfather.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

Also getting stuck in a comp with Victoria is just a death sentence.

Except I found it ridiculous that Brittany was complaining about being stuck with Victoria for the BotB last week after Brittany was the first one of the two of them out. Just as ridiculous as Jocasta gloating about winning the BotB when she had nothing to do with the win.

ToastyPotato posted:

I didn't see the date live, but from what we saw of that whole "Scene"/segment they did, its definitely almost completely the opposite feeling that people told me in the feeds thread (in that Amber kind of didn't want to do it, and actually did tell Caleb she wasn't into him in that way at some point.)

I'm just watching last night's episode now... I think they made it pretty clear in the edit that Amber wasn't even remotely interested in him or the date, and was regretting getting herself into that position. I'm sure watching it live was even worse, but I don't think they've been glossing over that stuff.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 28, 2014

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
holy moses this Amber/Caleb edit.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Tyree posted:

holy moses this Amber/Caleb edit.

Very much a more accurate edit than he had been getting...

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Holy cow, America better vote for A in Team Americas new mission. Maximum drama.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Haha they're just making Team America hard as hell now.

edit: yeah I voted A. Though it would make sense for them to pass on it, I think they'll be pretty tempted to try it anyway.

Spiky Ooze fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 31, 2014

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I'm torn on how to vote. I don't want this to blow back on Donny.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Spiky Ooze posted:

Haha they're just making Team America hard as hell now.

edit: yeah I voted A. Though it would make sense for them to pass on it, I think they'll be pretty tempted to try it anyway.

Is it for the vote tomorrow? This would be the best time to do it, since there's only two of them voting. Donny going against Jocasta would be bad though, he'd have to be sure Amber is going.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The Team America choice B gives away that dual HOH/BOB isn't over quite yet.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Ahahaha WOW:

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Tide posted:

Ahahaha WOW:

I don't want to be on this world anymore.

Teek posted:

Is it for the vote tomorrow? This would be the best time to do it, since there's only two of them voting. Donny going against Jocasta would be bad though, he'd have to be sure Amber is going.

Wouldn't voting against the house mean voting for Jocasta?

violetdragon fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 31, 2014

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol niice

Scrodes
Oct 18, 2003

LOL RACISM!
I have to admit it, Nicole is kind of sexy when she's jealous.

Mahoning posted:

Holy cow, America better vote for A in Team Americas new mission. Maximum drama.

Agreed 100%. If for no other reason then to stop this unanimous eviction BS

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I hate Caleb. I hate him so much as a person.

He's a misogynistic emotionally abusive rear end. When he was mad at Cody because Amber was "his girl" and he needs to stay away from her. You don't own her, you're not in a relationship, you can't claim her. The fact that she owes him things because he does stuff for her is terrifying.

But really what got me to finally post about it was this last episode where he says that they should put her up in order to scare her and make her run back to Caleb (not the alliance, but him personally) for protection and safety. It just reminds me of emotionally abusive assholes who cut women off from their emotional and financial means so that they have to rely on their abusers for survival.

It's sickening.

They've put together a really good cast this year, but Caleb reminds me of Brandon from Survivor in his obsession with a person who has no interest and his possession of her.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
She is until she starts talking. Even when she speaks... Normally... She sounds like she's whining. When I first saw her, I was like :dong: Then she spoke and I was all :flaccid: When she is in the DR, I mute the TV. She's like Zach; loud. And that nasal whiny voice kills it for me

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Blame that spineless jellyfish Cody for being too much of a pussy to pull the trigger on Caleb and let a BB gaming dim wit like Brittney walk the plank.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

violetdragon posted:

Wouldn't voting against the house mean voting for Jocasta?

Yes, if I understand you right. If Amber is the target, that makes her the house vote right? Normally Donny would vote her out, but if he has to vote against the house, that means he would vote to evict Jocasta instead. Which he would not like.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Asiina posted:

I hate Caleb. I hate him so much as a person.

The thing is, he honestly believes what he says and that there nothing wrong with his approach. That it's normal. Is he literally psychotic? Not kill someone psychotic (I hope), but just so detached from reality? Is his self esteem THAT bad? A shrink would have a field day with him. Probably put him in display.

I think he's going to have a rough go of it when he gets out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tide posted:

The thing is, he honestly believes what he says and that there nothing wrong with his approach. That it's normal. Is he literally psychotic? Not kill someone psychotic (I hope), but just so detached from reality? Is his self esteem THAT bad? A shrink would have a field day with him. Probably put him in display.

I think he's going to have a rough go of it when he gets out.

No, he's like the score of other abusive men and women who think that they own the object of their affection. And honestly I don't know that he will have that rough a time of it afterwards since I'm sure that there are people out there who see him as a spurned romantic and "I wish there was a man out there who would do so much for me!"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Case in point this took about 30 seconds to find.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Asiina posted:

Case in point this took about 30 seconds to find.

That poor girl is going to have years of bad relationships and expensive therapy to turn it around.

Or she'll be found dead in a ditch.

There is really no other option.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I suppose.

If you want to see the well that the crazy springs from, read his mother's twitter account. And the weirdos on #teamcaleb do nothing but reinforce it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

#TeamCaleb is chalk full of enablers?
Who saw that one coming?

I'd rather steer clear of that madness, so my hope for humanity has some small sliver that remains.

• Locked thread