Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Alright, thanks! Just let me know when it's ready to look through (or just post it; I'll be monitoring the thread :v:) and I'll pick out my prize!

Now to ponder what to oath for next month. Maybe wait to see what the Jurnal is. Actually--are you able to do past jurnals as well, or only the current one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I already made my pick, someone even updated the ork tower with my name on it :ssh:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I already made my pick, someone even updated the ork tower with my name on it :ssh:

Whoops! :)

OK, your go!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Esser-Z posted:

Alright, thanks! Just let me know when it's ready to look through (or just post it; I'll be monitoring the thread :v:) and I'll pick out my prize!

Now to ponder what to oath for next month. Maybe wait to see what the Jurnal is. Actually--are you able to do past jurnals as well, or only the current one?

ANY past Jurnal/Journal will get you the point for the Journal. The new month's Journal is announced on the first of each month, unless I'll be away or whatever...so that means everyone will get the announcement on Friday!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

krushgroove posted:

ANY past Jurnal/Journal will get you the point for the Journal. The new month's Journal is announced on the first of each month, unless I'll be away or whatever...so that means everyone will get the announcement on Friday!

Awesome! Thanks!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Oath Complete!

PaK40s; forgot to take more pictures, I really like how the camo turned out, but it's hard to see in this photo.

Kfz. 15 field car

Barkmann's Workshop

The Villagers

Proposition of the Law

The Diners

The Mother; my personal favorite because there's just so many little details, I did not notice the girl clutching to the mom until I started painting this one.

The Nuns

The Vicar

Lady of the Night; this is my attempt at the Jurnal for this month; tried to get the OSL from the lamp, but not sure how well it turned out, as this is 15mm, and it's a little hard to tell in some aspects. Shaded the woman based on how she'd be lit up standing directly underneath the lamp, and the man has lighter colors on his front than his back, with the stones behind him left dark as the shadow he casts. I didn't want to do too dramatic of a contrast as Battlefront had an example of that and it looked kinda ugly, but would probably have been better and create a better sense of this being a vignette. As is, it's difficult to tell the difference from front to back of the 'John'.

Other lessons learned; as fun and cheap as they were to use when I still did 40k, I think I will probably ditch these Applebarrel and other cheap acrylic "crafts" paints. While they look great for color they have a hard time doing things like sticking to the model, even when primed. They hold up okay on plastic and resin, but anything metal and they flake off just looking at them. Glad I got the villagers sealed now, and will probably keep them out of reach for now.

So, claiming Jurnal for the "Lady of the Night" and "I Rolled a 6!" for Barkmann's Workshop.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 31, 2014

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Esser-Z posted:

Poked around a bit. I saw you got the Euro grab bag linked in the starting post, but not the US one yet. It still in the process of being compiled?

krushgroove posted:

Yeah, our US Grab Bag sender-outer is swamped with work but Iris of Ether has stuff as well, I am trying to coordinate things to get at least a few pictures for US goons to go through.

The album of stuff that I'm donating is here. Since I screwed the pooch on actually mailing it correctly, they're all sitting in a box on my floor if you want any of it. :v:

There's also 2 roller derby figures (a metal ref dude and a resin skater lady) from Impact Miniatures if you'd rather that.

Now my donating stuff is largely Reaper or various esoteric poo poo, but I believe our main US Grab Bag dude has got Games Workshop stuff if that's more your thing.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Thanks for the link! I'd like to see what the other guy has before I make a decision, though!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Sorry, didn't realize anything was reserved. Gothic graveyard then.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Gonna declare my oath FAILED

Cannot get my head around painting lately

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

I'm so loving pissed off at this thing, it took me SO loving long to paint and I took like 100 photographs of it, built a new lighbox, have since smashed it to pieces, and I'm still not happy with how this looks. I took a ton of picures with my camera but they all came out fuzzy so these were done with my tablet. gently caress HOW DO YOU TAKE PICTURES OF THESE THINGS I HATE YOU BOOLEY

Ahem... Anyway.

Best view of lighting effect

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
How many hours do we have to go?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Til midnight here: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_AS.aspx i.e. just under 12 hours.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

31 Days this month, til midnight there tomorrow.

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
Oath Complete

Journal is on the eyes

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Dagon posted:

31 Days this month, til midnight there tomorrow.

Herp derp yes indeed.

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

OATH COMPLETE

So, in my oath, I mentioned a barbecue sauce lid as one of my building components. It was going to serve as the teleporter pad the Mr. Minotaur is standing on... but it turns out that barbecue sauce lids are made of a plastic that is TERRIBLE to work with. Don't do it. But, I felt obliged to do something with it so I made an objective marker to practice source lighting on and hopefully score the "I Rolled a Six" bonus! Here's a nicer shot:

And here are some shots of the main model that I, uh... spent a lot more time on:

I'd like this to count for Strike a Pose as well. The story goes that hapless troubleshooter Bud has wandered into a teleportation room, pushed some buttons he shouldn't have, and ported a stylish minotaur into the room with him. That's probably it for you Bud, but remember: The computer is your friend.

So! For this month I would like to claim: Journal, I Rolled A Six, and Strike a Pose.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

:vince:

If you don't win awards this month then there is no justice in the world.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Baller as gently caress.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Complete!

A big huge pile of necrons. Finally finished an army I started 12 years ago :woop:

My attempt at OSL on the resurrection orb. I'm looking forward to giving it a try again this year.

krushgroove posted:

lovestick - you've gotten your Grab Bag prize now, yes?

Whoops! I forgot all about that. I'll keep my eyes open for when the US Grab bag is up and send an email in about it.

lovestick fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 31, 2014

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
Oath Complete
My Jurnal was on the Paladin of Pelor out in front there, with a better view from the rear.

I'm also claiming I rolled a 6! for the minotaur head out in front - it'll be used in my 4e game as a "marked" token for my minotaur defender (fightbrain).

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Speedpainting & Jurnal

The fire reflects on the lower part of Feora's body. I'm unsure if I need a second time shot for the model since the current time is well within 24 hours of the first time-shot.

Also, some conversions on the vassal and the three daughters of flame, if conversions matter this season.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
:orks101: Oath Complete! :orks101:

Didn't really get motivated on these guys except at the start and end of the month. Which left me with a few errors I wish I still had time to correct, and feels like the camera highlights every mistake this close. But had fun doing a unique thing with each model and mixing it up a bit. One step closer to finishing my end of year goal as well!

I notice some pictures showing more of the detail and seems to be yellow light washing in hiding it? Been using Irfan since Picasa went up and still trying to work out the little things. Anyways...

The whole crew

Blaine

Had a little Destro theme going on with him. Was originally thinking of adding some flames to the base, but his cape really fills it out.

Recon's Drone

Had no idea what to base this on besides something urban. Looked at my DZ terrain and cut out the air vent from one of the pieces. It's the exact same size as a base so seemed an obvious choice.

Freya

Mostly playing with a potential dwarf scheme for the full army to come. Need a better orange to highlight with though since I had to make my own with a yellow mix.

Nastanza

Wanted to try doing the "camo generator mid-effect" idea, but most people just go to black for stealth mode. Pretty happy with the jungle camo effect. Not so much with that rifle highlight.

Oberon

I initially wasn't too impressed with the model. Really like how he turned out in the end though, and a piece of stretched plastic made for a great water pouring effect.

Dr. Simmonds

I was originally going to do her in medical digs, but screwed up the freehand red cross bad.

The Survivor

Guy always reminds me of Dead Space and had some spare Mantic zombie bits so...

Wrath

Worst bitch to assemble. Ever. Missing two of the robe strands that are supposed to easily attach by inverting a quantum fissure. At least the sword went on well.

:siren: Monthly OSL Theme :siren:
Recon

Had the idea of him leaping down action hero style for a flip stab to the neck but went through a couple trials before settling on this. Mixed in the OSL lighting but might have gone too subtle. He still fits under a standard cube, and the rules say you can model however you like for LoS since it goes both ways though really I'd exclude the gobbo for this rule if I could.

Along with monthly theme, I also worked towards Box Art for The Survivor.

Note that it's the same model just a different pose. All the pictures of the variant I painted I found were to small to scrib from.

Also going for Double the Fun by doing last month's 'Fancy Bases' theme on every individual model.

AND going for Themed Group since they're all DZ mercs!

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

I think this is a themed group.

Detektiv's Jurnal:

I don't like OSL but I think it looks acceptable.

Parts List

Base:
GW Chaos Black

Base coat:

Vallejo Model Colour Black
Vallejo Game Colour Hexed Lichen
Vallejo Game Colour Charred Brown
Vallejo Model Colour Deep Green mix with Dark Angels Green
GW Mephiston Red
Tin Bitz

Layer:

Vallejo Model Colour Royal Purple mix with Vallejo Game Colour Hexed Lichen
Vallejo Model Colour Deep Green mix with GW Warboss Green
Vallejo Model Colour Black with Vallejo Model Colour Neutral Grey
GW Mephiston Red mix with GW Macharius Solar Orange
GW Nuln Oil Wash
GW Boltgun Metal
GW Ceramite White

Layer 2:

Vallejo Model Colour Royal Purple
GW Warboss Green
Vallejo Model Colour Black with Vallejo Model Colour Neutral Grey
GW Bleached Bone mix with GW Snakebite Leather
Vallejo Game Colour Charred Brown mix with GW Snakebite Leather
GW Blazing Orange
GW Enchanted Blue
GW Yriel Yellow
gw Dwarf Bronze

Highlight:

GW Bleached Bone
Vallejo Model Colour Blue Violet

Base:

GW Skrag Brown
Vallejo Model Colour Desert Yellow

In Battle:

Pics of the Bikes and some of the Shoota Boyz from my May Oath:

Facing off against my friend's unpainted Eldar. I keep trying to get him to join the thread to force him to paint his poo poo. Don't think it will happen.

Dunno if this is Double the fun.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 31, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oath Failed
I airbrushed the sails for my ship back on like July 5th or something and then never touched it again. In all fairness I've been doing a lot of other things but I should have bothered to get to work a long time ago.

Oh well, there's always next month.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Oath Complete!

Claiming Journal & Themed Group
OSL on the tiberium/warpstones as usual but I decided to add some extra on the plasmaguns and even the powerfist.

Full group starting to come together. Nod-Guard army is growing in numbers. Slowly.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Full group starting to come together. Nod-Guard army is growing in numbers. Slowly.

Peace through power

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oath Complete!

Not the best, but good enough. What was intended to be a break from doing Warhammer stuff ended up mostly being ignored in favour of building Mordheim terrain. Oh well. :unsmith:

Color scheme turned out alright, but I wish I had time to fix the hair.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

The Bones Gravedigger is for the OSL Jurnal,

and I'm also claiming Speed Painting. Technically both count for speed painting as I began and finished both today, but I only photographed the gravedigger for some reason.

I may have gone a bit overboard with the Scorpion Green. :ohdear:

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 31, 2014

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Ok, about 60% of my oath done.. I've barely touched my paints this month and it was only because of a sick day from work and nothing better to do with my morning that I've actually gotten anything done at all. It's either tonight or nothing :ohdear:

...wife is out with work friends tonight and I was planning on having an xbox binge :(

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

lovestick posted:

A big huge pile of necrons. Finally finished an army I started 12 years ago :woop:

Congrats! They look great.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

OATH FINISHED! ...sort of. I procrastinated a bit too much (much too much) this month and wanted to put a lot more effort into this paint job, like the journal, but ran out of time and steam. Managed to paint it to a tabletop standard at least to make my deadline and get sum points.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Vermintide posted:

OATH FINISHED! ...sort of. I procrastinated a bit too much (much too much) this month and wanted to put a lot more effort into this paint job, like the journal, but ran out of time and steam. Managed to paint it to a tabletop standard at least to make my deadline and get sum points.

I wish that my tabletop standard, really nice. I love the colour of the goo.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

YF19pilot posted:

Barkmann's Workshop

Crap, I just remembered that this is actually a "functional" game piece which can be used in one of two ways; either as an objective marker or to allow certain 'special skills' for the character it goes with. Would this count towards "I Rolled a Six!" or does that have to be a homebuilt piece?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

YF19pilot posted:

Crap, I just remembered that this is actually a "functional" game piece which can be used in one of two ways; either as an objective marker or to allow certain 'special skills' for the character it goes with. Would this count towards "I Rolled a Six!" or does that have to be a homebuilt piece?

I guess it depends how you intend to use it as you play...Don't let me dictate what you paint it up as! :)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

This is a Themed Group, and the start of me trying to use my airbrush smarter.

Journal is the crazy multicolored glowing ball on this Photomancer.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Vermintide posted:

Remind me to puncture it with my Black Knights next time we game :clint:

Oh my god this is so :catdrugs:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Signal posted:

Journal is the crazy multicolored glowing ball on this Photomancer.

God drat that's nice. You've really done a great job there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

thespaceinvader posted:

God drat that's nice. You've really done a great job there.

Yeah. Holy poo poo that is incredible. Between that, the minotaur, and that unbelievable Feora speed painting, this thread is becoming OSL central.

• Locked thread