Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Yeah, it would be an insane amount of work just to make a mod like that that worked with all the vanilla weapons, and it would involve a lot of scripting and modelling and probably be janky as poo poo.
I made a proof-of-concept thingy a while back that displayed a pistol, rifle and melee weapon. When you switch weapons, it equipped an armour with the unequipped weapon's model. The basic idea seemed to work pretty well.
The problem was converting the weapon meshes into armour, properly positioning the meshes and all that. I know very little about modelling and after spending a whole weekend with Blender I decided it was too tedious and gave up.

I might pick that project up again though. Anyone know of a good tool to handle converting the weapon meshes?

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Raygereio posted:

I made a proof-of-concept thingy a while back that displayed a pistol, rifle and melee weapon. When you switch weapons, it equipped an armour with the unequipped weapon's model. The basic idea seemed to work pretty well.
The problem was converting the weapon meshes into armour, properly positioning the meshes and all that. I know very little about modelling and after spending a whole weekend with Blender I decided it was too tedious and gave up.

I might pick that project up again though. Anyone know of a good tool to handle converting the weapon meshes?

Well. What exactly do you need? I use 3ds max 2012 with the nif importer/exporter plugin you can find on the skyrim nexus for all the weapon conversions I do for Millenia.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

All right, it appears FOOK added retextures for all the deathclaw types. I didn't actually uninstall all the files added by FOOK when I stopped using it and started my current playthrough, so I've still got the FOOK-textured versions of the deathclaws running around. Opening the DDS texture files shows all the deathclaws with the same kind of black eyes.

Well, I guess that explains that. I figured it was something like this and not a rendering glitch or anything, because the eyes really looked like they were changed to look like that.

On a semi-related note, I went to look for deathclaw retextures on Nexus. Didn't find anything useful, but I did find a gun that shoots deathclaws.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

It really is too bad that there's no flag for New Vegas you can tick like that one in Skyrim somebody found :(

Yeah, but even that was pretty buggy, hence disabled initially. There are a few mods that try to rectify the issues, though.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Naky posted:

Well. What exactly do you need? I use 3ds max 2012 with the nif importer/exporter plugin you can find on the skyrim nexus for all the weapon conversions I do for Millenia.
What I need is to convert the weapon mesh into an armour mesh and position it so that when it's equipped, the model is placed on the player's body where normally the weapon would be located when holstered.
I have a copy of 3ds Max 8. If you could point me to some tutorials that cover this or can walk me through the necesary steps, that would be great.

The mesh-editting tutorials for FO3 and F:NV I found all use Blender and that program seemed to be filled with a burning hatred for its user, which made it rather unpleasant to work with.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is there an alternate download for continue after game's end? The link in the OP goes to the Nexus and the file has been made private.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

Is there an alternate download for continue after game's end? The link in the OP goes to the Nexus and the file has been made private.

Yeah they put it in the game it's called "don't finish the last quest". All that mod lets you do is keep lanius's helmet which you can just console in if you want.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mortimer posted:

Yeah they put it in the game it's called "don't finish the last quest". All that mod lets you do is keep lanius's helmet which you can just console in if you want.

Yeah, all those NPCs that have dialogue lines that vary depending on what you do at the dam can just go gently caress themselves! :geno:

edit: That file that is hidden is the one I use, but I suspect this one works too.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 31, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, all those NPCs that have dialogue lines that vary depending on what you do at the dam can just go gently caress themselves! :geno:

Why would they? After the Dam the game ends. Are you saying that with a mod you can go in and find all these secret lines Earthbound style?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Why would they? After the Dam the game ends. Are you saying that with a mod you can go in and find all these secret lines Earthbound style?

Yes, that is literally what I mean. There are at least a dozen NPCs that have voiced dialogue lines about what you do at the dam, and in the vanilla game you can't hear any of it because the game ends.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
For you Low Profile Armor Mod users:

Is there a way I can use the pre-war surplus helmet with the skull head OWB adds? I've been loving with biped parts in GECK and nothing works :argh:

Edit:

Here's the FNV info for both the skull helmet and surplus helmet:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 31, 2014

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
None of the Armory downloads are working.

Halp.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Capn Beeb posted:

For you Low Profile Armor Mod users:

Is there a way I can use the pre-war surplus helmet with the skull head OWB adds? I've been loving with biped parts in GECK and nothing works :argh:

Edit:

Here's the FNV info for both the skull helmet and surplus helmet:

How is the skull head treated? As a wearable "mask", basically? I wonder if you could simply re-flag the helmet and the skull so that they don't conflict with each other (or obscure each other). Like, making it so the helmet is treated as a hat, and the skull head is considered a "neck" or "eyes" attachment?

I don't know, I'm just spit-balling here.

EDIT: So yeah, from your pictures, the skull head is obviously flagged as a "head" replacement. I think you have more control over these things in GECK (not sure how you'd do it in FNVEdit), but what happens if you remove the "head" flag from the skull head and try to wear both?

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 31, 2014

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Cheap Shot posted:

Are there any mods kind of like this http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41284/ that allow you to holster your guns and weapons on your body while other weapons are equipped instead of just having them pop in and out of nowhere? The duffel bag is way too clunky and awkward.

This mod was meant mainly as kind of a joke. Also it's possible I'd been watching The Walking Dead around that time.

Anyway, I did put a point in the FAQ anticipating this kind of question. (The answer is "no, not really", of course.)

Capn Beeb posted:

It really is too bad that there's no flag for New Vegas you can tick like that one in Skyrim somebody found :(

That this is in Skyrim gives me hope that this kind of feature will be in Fallout 4, at least.

Also based on Beeb's screenshots there that looks like it should work; that's weird. Could be something to do with the way the skull nif is set up; I dunno, it's been a while since I've fiddled with this sort of thing.

I think if you removed the 'head' bipod flag though you'd just get the normal human head and the skull displaying at the same time.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

EDIT: So yeah, from your pictures, the skull head is obviously flagged as a "head" replacement. I think you have more control over these things in GECK (not sure how you'd do it in FNVEdit), but what happens if you remove the "head" flag from the skull head and try to wear both?

If you remove the HEAD flag from the skull, the character's headmesh will still appear, possibly with bits of the skull clipping through. Open them up in GECK, flag the skull as HEAD and HAIR, and the skull will effectively replace the characters head... removing any other flags will let you continue to use other wearable items normally. The helmet should be set as HAT and maybe HEADBAND, but nothing else.

As long as you don't have EYEGLASSES flagged on the skull, your skeleton robot can still wear sunglasses too.:c00l:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hobo on Fire posted:

As long as you don't have EYEGLASSES flagged on the skull, your skeleton robot can still wear Aviators too.:c00l:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Raygereio posted:

What I need is to convert the weapon mesh into an armour mesh and position it so that when it's equipped, the model is placed on the player's body where normally the weapon would be located when holstered.
I have a copy of 3ds Max 8. If you could point me to some tutorials that cover this or can walk me through the necesary steps, that would be great.

The mesh-editting tutorials for FO3 and F:NV I found all use Blender and that program seemed to be filled with a burning hatred for its user, which made it rather unpleasant to work with.

I'd start with getting a newer version of Max to begin with. You can get a student copy of 3ds max off Autodesk's website for free and I believe that includes 2012 in their list of available versions for download, you should try to get that since at least then you'll know the importer/exporter will work.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Sperglord Firecock posted:

None of the Armory downloads are working.

Halp.
Where are you getting them from? This is the official site: http://happygeckosoftware.com/TA/

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Yes, from that site.

I download it and the RARs are corrupt. Or, rather, the 7z's.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Yes, from that site.

I download it and the RARs are corrupt. Or, rather, the 7z's.
They extract fine here. Might be serious errors with your connection.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Are you doing the straight HTTP download version? Very prone to corruption because it's big. The Armory is also pointless (as a mod, yes Naky, we know it's to be a basis for other mods) with Weapons Of The New Millenia around, so just use that.

Also, Naky, I've cracked a bottle of rum open and started working on my remaster file again. Most of the vanilla ammos are done. If you still have an interest in using it for other mods, shoot me a PM.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I'm getting to the end of my current playthrough, but I keep crashing to the desktop whenever I try to get into Lombard Station. I've had no problems with it until now and I have no idea what the problem could be. Anybody have any ideas?

And yes, I have NVAC.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Hobo on Fire posted:

If you remove the HEAD flag from the skull, the character's headmesh will still appear, possibly with bits of the skull clipping through. Open them up in GECK, flag the skull as HEAD and HAIR, and the skull will effectively replace the characters head... removing any other flags will let you continue to use other wearable items normally. The helmet should be set as HAT and maybe HEADBAND, but nothing else.

As long as you don't have EYEGLASSES flagged on the skull, your skeleton robot can still wear sunglasses too.:c00l:

I was doing it backwards :downs:

*braying skeletal laughter*

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Your best character ever, is what it is.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
NYYYYEAH, HE-MAN AIN'T GOT poo poo ON MEEE

(EM vision is super loving handy when you've got like one shot in your fancy pants laser gun and you're harvesting guns and armor to feed the drat thing but it's dark as balls outside and there was a fight just outside of Goodsprings with raiders armed with gauss and flame weapons. Plus having night vision on made it look like some Gulf War poo poo :catdrugs:)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Did skeletor ever have a gun?

if not, I see where this skeleton is a massive improvement

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Glad to help, because this dude is loving awesome.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

I'm getting to the end of my current playthrough, but I keep crashing to the desktop whenever I try to get into Lombard Station. I've had no problems with it until now and I have no idea what the problem could be. Anybody have any ideas?

And yes, I have NVAC.

I forgot to post my load order, if that helps.

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
[X] FOOK - New Vegas.esm
[X] FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
[X] AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
[X] WME - GRA.esm
[X] WME - DLCs.esm
[X] IWS-Core.esm
[X] More Perks.esm
[X] More Perks for Companions.esm
[ ] More Traits.esm
[X] CompanionInfAmmo.esm
[X] drgNV - Melissa Companion.esm
[X] NVStripOpen.esm
[X] FreesideOpen.esm
[X] NVInteriors_Core.esm
[X] NVInteriors_ComboEdition_AWOP.esm
[X] NevadaSkies.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
[ ] ArizonaKillerFix.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] FOOK - New Vegas.esp
[X] FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
[X] Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
[X] FOOK-PN Convergence.esp
[X] Color Me Evil.esp
[X] Roleplay Start 1.2.esp
[X] ExtendedNVRadio.esp
[X] IWS-Core-Guards.esp
[X] IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
[X] IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
[X] IWS-DM.esp
[X] IWS-HH.esp
[X] IWS-OWB.esp
[X] IWS-LR.esp
[X] Lombard Station.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
[X] AWOP DLC + GRA Conflict Error Fixes.esp
[X] AWOP - Balance and Cleanup.esp
[X] AWOP - Dead Money Redone.esp
[X] outsidebets.esp
[X] More Perks Update.esp
[X] More Perks for Companions Update.esp
[X] Expanded Traits.esp
[ ] More Traits Update.esp
[X] Kobu's Free Wild Wasteland Trait.esp
[X] CNR_Beta.esp
[X] SignatureArmor.esp
[X] SnowGlobePerks.esp
[X] CASM.esp
[X] Purge Cell Buffers.esp
[X] Delay DLC - DM + HH + OWB + LR + GRA.esp
[X] CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
[X] StripOpenMain.esp
[X] freesideopendebug.esp
[X] WeaponModsExpanded.esp
[X] WMX-DLCMerged.esp
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
[X] Project Nevada - WME.esp
[X] EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
[X] AWOPFSOPatch.esp
[X] FOOK-PN-WME-WMX-EVE Convergence.esp
[X] FOOK-PN-AWOP Weapon Convergence.esp
[X] FreesideOpenPatch.esp
[X] NevadaSkies - Brighter Nights.esp
[X] NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Well I have a pretty severe problem. Everyone in New Vegas is white. Like people who are supposed to be black, like the Van Graffs, have black skin on their body but white heads. Any ideas what could be the cause?
code:
modlist:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - DLCs.esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
NevadaSkies.esm
oHUD.esm
SomeguySeries.esm
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - DLCs.esp
WME - DLCs Arenovalis.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
TFH Rugged Race.esp
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp
Color Me Evil.esp
Color Me Evil - Cass.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Existence2.0.esp
jsawyer.esp
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
Portable Tent.esp

Total active plugins: 45
Total plugins: 52
Also I keep getting "Out of Memory!" crashes despite the game only using 1.4 Gb of my 8 gigs of RAM and having the 4gb patch.

I've noticed a lot of just bloated mods (looking at you, Electro-city) so I wouldn't be surprised if one literally did make everyone white. :nexus:

e: screenshot http://i.imgur.com/FzjRHsz.jpg

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 31, 2014

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Electrocity is terrible, but toggle/untoggle Archive Invalidation and make sure that your .bsa's haven't been corrupted or anything like that. Everyone has the same hair it looks like, so check in that area.

Maybe it's that custom race in there?

Also make a merged/batched patch already.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Ron Perlman?!!

:stare:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

SpookyLizard posted:

Electrocity is terrible, but toggle/untoggle Archive Invalidation and make sure that your .bsa's haven't been corrupted or anything like that. Everyone has the same hair it looks like, so check in that area.

Maybe it's that custom race in there?

Also make a merged/batched patch already.

Turns out the solution was to add a line to the .ini file to load the head textures specifically. So that solves that. But I'm still having problems with running out of memory crashes even though I'm obviously not out of memory.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
A few years ago I had go at retexturing, to rather miserable results. But while this one's not great, it's mostly finished (it's more of an edit than a retexture). I thought I'd share it if Naky and co (it's a gun from the TheArmory) or anyone else wanted it.

Added some scratches and general wear (really only visible up close), sweat stains around the grip, and changed the non-metalic materials. And color, but that's easily reversible. I still have the original psd file if anything in particular needs changing. I didn't touch the scope textures at all.

I'm just including the dds file. The model etc. are in TheArmory. Didn't change the normal, specular maps because I suck.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kmtxoamclgw9eb/Steyr%20Scout.dds

e:As the filename indicates, it's the Steyr Scout rifle.

e2:linked full size images

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 31, 2014

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Average Bear posted:

Turns out the solution was to add a line to the .ini file to load the head textures specifically. So that solves that. But I'm still having problems with running out of memory crashes even though I'm obviously not out of memory.

Are you sure you're launching via the 4gb.exe? You've gotta point FOMM to it in the settings, not just drop it into the directory.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

If you put a cigar in your character's mouth and posted the results, this thread would overdose from badass.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

I would watch a series about the adventures of Skeleton Patton.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Joe Gillian posted:

If you put a cigar in your character's mouth and posted the results, this thread would overdose from badass.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46532/

Real Smokes might work.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Real Smokes is probably my favorite drug immersion mod. I always carry around a lighter and a near-endless supply of tobacco and become a chain smoker.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Capn Beeb posted:

I was doing it backwards :downs:

Where did you get that helmet? :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

I've found a reason to do another evil playthrough.