Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, they've been really unclear on that stuff. Give somebody a different haircut or something.

All the flashbacks are drenched in sepia, how do you not see that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I loved Louis' ridiculous moral dilemma because Forster asked him to do some ~~~tax evasion~~~ like that poo poo doesn't happen literally every day at a corporate law firm of his size.

This after he loopholed his firm out a flagrant SEC violation not two minutes ago.

Everyone in this show is literally a sociopath.

Edit: also, lol at the idea that the IRS wouldn't pick up on 300 million dollars being offshored for tax evasion just because you went through some shell corporations. They would be on that like flies on poo poo.

dpkg chopra fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 25, 2014

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
I so want this show to return to something, you know, fun. It's intrigue upon intrigue. I want Louis to have a real victory, not the bullshit whatever this episode was. Also, are they attempting to make Donna and Louis an item?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Punc posted:

Also, are they attempting to make Donna and Louis an item?

No, they've just been showing their friendship. Really, it's the only healthy relationship in the show.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Time to see how much of an idiot they can make Rachel out to be this week!

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Who do I have to blow to get more nuts around here? :colbert:

e: Take the money and the job!

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 31, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jessica is seriously scary sometimes.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jessica is seriously scary sometimes.

"Louis took his thank you like a dick. Good night."

Yay more Rachel drama!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

Time to see how much of an idiot they can make Rachel out to be this week!

Rachel idiot move coming in 5

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rachel idiot move coming in 5

IT DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING! :cry:

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Yay my favorite parts of this show are when the dudes beat each other up

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was good cry acting though. Most actors when crying don't go all the way with messing up their face.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is Louis going to use his one wish to get Mike his job back?

Edit: Okay, good, because that would have been really stupid.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 31, 2014

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nope, going to try and get his girl back. You go Louis.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Louis nooooooooo

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

As always, I love the music in this series.

Louis :unsmith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh nooooo, I might have been right anyway.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Edit: Okay, good, because that would have been really stupid.

Oops

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know how I feel about this.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jessica is unhappy and Harvey is smug, all is right with the world.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Did they double the "poo poo" count this episode?

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Harvey is God

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Mike and Rachel :psyduck:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I really hope they don't drag out this 'Mike needs space' arc for the rest of the season and it was just some selective editing going on in that preview, because having Mike and Rachel be children and argue with each other every episode is going to get old fast. Especially since the show already had literally this same exact arc the first time they dated/broke up.

e: And in the show's defense, at least the Mike/Rachel stuff set up a somewhat plausible (compared to just Harvey telling Jessica to hire Mike back, for example) way for him to come back to the firm. Still doesn't excuse the fact that they made Rachel a completely terrible character who set feminism back a few years, but at least it wasn't just some out-of-the-blue mid-season-finale type stuff.

*knock on wood*

VDay fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jul 31, 2014

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Louis you are five kinds of stupid.

Boy remember when they said they wouldn't put Mike and Rachel through stupid relationship drama :v:

Chasiubao fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 31, 2014

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I really hope this is leading to her getting written out of the show because by god, I don't know how much more forced relationship drama I can stand at this point. :bang:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Xoidanor posted:

I really hope this is leading to her getting written out of the show because by god, I don't know how much more forced relationship drama I can stand at this point. :bang:

You know that wont happen. Shes too hot to be written out.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

You know that wont happen. Shes too hot to be written out.

Tumblr is probably thrilled at the breakup: It's paving the way for Harvey and Mike to realize their true love :kimchi:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Chasiubao posted:

Tumblr is probably thrilled at the breakup: It's paving the way for Harvey and Mike to realize their true love :kimchi:

Couple of the year 2014 IMO!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I don't know why but the show's soundtrack has really grown on me this season. The music and Louis/Donna/Amy have been my favorite parts of this season.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Couple of the year 2014 IMO!

Louis / Harold :colbert:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Chasiubao posted:

Louis / Harold :colbert:

They were 2013!

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

They were 2013!

It's Loutrina now.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

PaganGoatPants posted:

It's Loutrina now.

Don't talk about her being attracted to Louis. It disturbs me.

We need a thread title change.

patentmagus
May 19, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

I jeez, I'm glad I DVRed this episode and ended up skipping forward whenever Rachel's crying/distressed mug was on screen. The drama that she brings and embraces is annoying.

That and Mike going off to fight the other douche. Let's see.... He traveled for who knows how long to get in a fight. Why was there no criminal charge? It's inexcusable for even a pretend lawyer to be so stupid.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

patentmagus posted:

I jeez, I'm glad I DVRed this episode and ended up skipping forward whenever Rachel's crying/distressed mug was on screen. The drama that she brings and embraces is annoying.

That and Mike going off to fight the other douche. Let's see.... He traveled for who knows how long to get in a fight. Why was there no criminal charge? It's inexcusable for even a pretend lawyer to be so stupid.

I'll never understand how everyone keeps doing things face-to-face in TV shows. Like I was watching that new show RUSH just because I was bored and he visits this shrink lady to tell her 7 words and then he left. Seems like a giant waste of time and gas just for that.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

jscolon2.0 posted:

Don't talk about her being attracted to Louis. It disturbs me.

Disturbed Louis too :v:

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

PaganGoatPants posted:

I'll never understand how everyone keeps doing things face-to-face in TV shows. Like I was watching that new show RUSH just because I was bored and he visits this shrink lady to tell her 7 words and then he left. Seems like a giant waste of time and gas just for that.

The absolute best one was Darby flying over from London to talk to Jessica for about three minutes.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
My favorite TV conceit is that everyone is always home when you go looking for them. Nobody's ever home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Also, nobody on TV ever says goodbye on a telephone.

• Locked thread