Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdsMBMwlffY

Suits, one of USA's highest rated shows and one of the highest pirated shows last year returns tonight for its fourth season. It hasn't been that long since the previous season finale that saw Mike (Patrick J Adams) quitting Pearson Specter to work as an investment banker. He's still going to interact with the rest of the cast as his new company has Pearson Specter on retainer. Its not all roses as they quickly find themselves on opposite sides. Joining the cast as recurring characters this season are Michael Gross and Brendan Hines as clients.

Tonight's episode: "One-Two-Three Go..."

Mike and Harvey clash over investment banking strategies in the Season 4 opener. Meanwhile, Jessica realizes a former district attorney may be pursuing revenge against Harvey and the firm.

In conclusion:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

drat, back so soon, I can get used to this split season format.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Suits Season 4: The Student Becomes the Master?

I hope so.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I forgot to mention, the show's EP promised that Mike quitting isn't going to be resolved in one/a couple of episodes.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I thought Suits aired on Thursdays?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HonorableTB posted:

I thought Suits aired on Thursdays?

Nope, Wednesdays for now!

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
So pumped to have this back! Looking forward to having some tea while watching in my Litt Up mug!

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
I broke down and watched a preview for this season, and it's confusing the hell out of me. Why does the show seem to suggest that Mike is going to be the lead attorney on a lawsuit against Harvey and/or Pearson Spector? I thought the whole point of taking the new job was so that he wouldn't be perpetrating a fraud every day for the rest of his life?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Can we get a pin for the new season?

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

WOOP WOOP

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That was a crazy fake out there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Catty!

Also, not sure about Rachel's new hairdo.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Please tell me this B plot of this season isn't Mike learning that investment bankers are sharks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its been a couple of seasons so of course Patrick J Adams and Gabriel Macht are producers.

Edit: Hey, Katrina is still around!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh man I love the revitalization of grade A Harvey/Mike/Donna banter.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This episode is getting angry.

Edit: Schmuck Me

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 12, 2014

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

This is pretty intense

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

:fry:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The funny thing about that Harvey/Mike meeting was the Princess Bride sparring.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

The funny thing about that Harvey/Mike meeting was the Princess Bride sparring.

I'm impressed they kept it so subtle.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Donna and Donna 2.0 :swoon:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

It might be just me but I'm glad they are turning Mike into less of a boring pussy now.

However something that irked me was they sort of shoehorned a "Rachel/Mike" rift because of their employment situation in the dialog. OH I DONT CARE IF YOU NEED ME TO HELP YOU ILL DO WHAT I GOTTA DO I FOUGHT MY FATHER. It felt really forced.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

It might be just me but I'm glad they are turning Mike into less of a boring pussy now.

However something that irked me was they sort of shoehorned a "Rachel/Mike" rift because of their employment situation in the dialog. OH I DONT CARE IF YOU NEED ME TO HELP YOU ILL DO WHAT I GOTTA DO I FOUGHT MY FATHER. It felt really forced.

I also didn't understand why she told him who she had an affair with or why it mattered at that exact moment? I think I missed something. Is it just +1 incentive for Mike to win?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

PaganGoatPants posted:

I also didn't understand why she told him who she had an affair with or why it mattered at that exact moment? I think I missed something. Is it just +1 incentive for Mike to win?

That annoyed me too. Why does that matter? It was before they were dating. Is she going to sleep with him again?

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Well she does know that Mike and that guy are going to be butting heads, and that guy might bring it up. So maybe she thought best to get out in front of it?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zythrst posted:

Well she does know that Mike and that guy are going to be butting heads, and that guy might bring it up. So maybe she thought best to get out in front of it?

Why would he know who Mike is dating? Oh yeah I slept with your GF, and cheated on my wife :smug: Also would they even need to meet face to face? DRAMA!

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Mike is going to lose on the legal side and will threaten to reveal the infidelty which makes Rachel really angry. It's soapy tv 101 to slow the relationship between Rachel and Mike down.

Zila
Jun 21, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

Mike is going to lose on the legal side and will threaten to reveal the infidelty which makes Rachel really angry. It's soapy tv 101 to slow the relationship between Rachel and Mike down.

That is what I was thinking, I feel like it's going to come up when Mike is losing and is forced to decide if he wants to use the infidelity to beat Harvey.

Good episode but needs more Litt time; going to have to wait until next episode for a possible confrontation.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

This is really on point and I think it's exactly how it goes down.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

This is really on point and I think it's exactly how it goes down.

Probably. Seems like the weakest way out though. I assume a break-up would follow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

Probably. Seems like the weakest way out though. I assume a break-up would follow.

Nah, they've played around too much with all that stuff before. They can't break Mike and Rachel up AGAIN.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Good episode. Poor Lit, I love the guy, though.

I also want to add to the opinions of the dumbness about Rachel telling Mike about a guy she hosed a long time ago. Was there DRAMA the first time she told Mike she had an affair? Did that add to the story at the time?

Either way, Who the gently caress cares? If I were Mike I'd just ask "I appreciate the honesty; why did you feel the need to tell me this?" because who the gently caress caaaaaaaaaaares?

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Have Harvey and Rachel had any scenes before that episode? I can't think of any.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Colonial Air Force posted:

That annoyed me too. Why does that matter? It was before they were dating. Is she going to sleep with him again?
Rachel is never going to pass the Bechdel test. The writers don't seem to know what they want to do with the character aside from the gratuitous shots that bunch of other female actresses get as well.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ufarn posted:

Rachel is never going to pass the Bechdel test. The writers don't seem to know what they want to do with the character aside from the gratuitous shots that bunch of other female actresses get as well.

As a human being she's fine, but as another character in that show she comes off as incredibly bland and servile.

At least Donna is sassy and independent or whatever.

Although Rachel's response to Donna's "Just like me in high school in the 90's" was pretty hilarious in its delivery. "Is it?" with a you know you're not that young, bitch quit lying playful undertone.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ufarn posted:

Katrina's character has done a 180 and it's weird.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

Katrina's character has done a 180 and it's weird.
Yeah, that was a bit of a rushed development.

At least let Rachel and Donna do something that doesn't have to do with Harvey and Mike with their own drama and whatnot.

Mike's new secretary is already more interesting than Rachel.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ufarn posted:

Yeah, that was a bit of a rushed development.

At least let Rachel and Donna do something that doesn't have to do with Harvey and Mike with their own drama and whatnot.

Mike's new secretary is already more interesting than Rachel.

Which is why Mike will probably end up loving her.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

vyst posted:

Which is why Mike will probably end up loving her.
Which kind of goes to show how women automatically become Chekhovian plot elements on Suits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ufarn posted:

Which kind of goes to show how women automatically become Chekhovian plot elements on Suits.

Suits: I didn't want mushrooms in my lo mein

• Locked thread