Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

The real life hack is only using jeans with buttons on the fly :colbert:

They are comfortable, but they kinda defeat the purpose of a fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Shy bladder? Avoid the worry by pre-pissing on your kids before they get stung by a jellyfish.

tight aspirations has a new favorite as of 21:06 on Jul 30, 2014

Aurora-Capitah
Apr 29, 2014

by XyloJW
Life hack #1: make a fuby post earn the respect of your pets

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Shy bladder? Avoid the worry by pre-pissing on your kids before they get stung by a jellyfish.

That's dumb, piss in a bottle beforehand and pour it on them.

Pro tip: make a bottle out of bread tags.

Do it.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

im pooping! posted:

Have you tried it? Because I have and it doesn't work.

#HAX

You'll get drunk, but you won't have clean breath. Sadly the alcohol on your breath is from the alcohol in your system circulating through your lungs and out when you exhale. :(

life hack: Need to get some place but don't have a car? Call your friend and tell them that family died and ask if they take you to the funeral home.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Lifehack: Piss in a bottle then stuff a rag in so it hangs out of it, lite the rag and toss at a cops feet with enough force for it to shatter.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

life hack: Need to get some place but don't have a car? Call your friend and tell them that family died and ask if they take you to the funeral home.

Hey man, my grandma just died and I need a ride to the wake... It's at Wal-Mart... Funeral is being held directly afterwards at ABC Liquors... After that you can drop me back off at home.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

*if you don't shower for a month

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Lifehack: Piss in a bottle then stuff a rag in so it hangs out of it, lite the rag and toss at a cops feet with enough force for it to shatter.

Lifehack: save money on bottles and rags by pissing directly on a cop

(no liability implied or accepted)

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

lifehack: post "gently caress the police" online as much as possible but be petrified of them irl

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Rad Tad posted:

lifehack: post "gently caress the police" online as much as possible but be petrified of them irl

this also works with minorities

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Thesaurus posted:

Boozehack: If you want to be drunk at work secretly, inject the booze directly into your anus. You can get drunk fast without having people smell alcohol on your breathe!

Anal Boozehack (wicked band name): Is the start of the workday too early to get your drink on? Shove a ziplock bag full of alcohol into your pre-loosened rear end in a top hat, and just clench for a mid-day pick-me-up!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

One of my cousins tried this. It looked pretty much like you'd expect blurry marker with hairspray on it would look.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

M_Sinistrari posted:

One of my cousins tried this. It looked pretty much like you'd expect blurry marker with hairspray on it would look.

one of my cousins tried this too, he just hasn't woken up yup

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Lifehack: Don't temporary tattoo the inside of your nostril with a Sharpie.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

stop cooking your eggs in the oven like a square, everyone knows that the best way is to use a rice cooker to achieve perfectly overcooked eggs and rice that tastes of calcium and cloaca

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

twoday posted:

stop cooking your eggs in the oven like a square, everyone knows that the best way is to use a rice cooker to achieve perfectly overcooked eggs and rice that tastes of calcium and cloaca

drat it's like you walking in on some crackhead who broke into your house and decided to cook dinner but it's been so long since he's had his own place or the means to cook so he no longer understands what dinner is everyday

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY6I71-bajo

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Stand in puddle of water while use corded power drill over bucket. Is fine, is no problem :ussr:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

This is basically how they peel potatos indstrially anyway except they usually use like 3 or 4 heads to just deskin the potatos instantly as they pass by.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Saw a guy dump a bunch of potatoes in a bucket and then skinned them in 30 seconds with a power drill + plastic brush + hose.

hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.
He's using a dirty toilet brush to peel potatoes.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You know they're clean when you buy them from the store right?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

bamhand posted:

And can be sanitized.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Impossible. Anything that has touched poo is forever poo-touched. That's just science.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lotish posted:

Impossible. Anything that has touched poo is forever poo-touched. That's just science.

True. So you shouldn't be eating potatoes anyway. They grow outside, in the dirt. Bugs poop out there.

hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.

bamhand posted:

I can see someone finding that video and going "Ooh, that looks like an awesome idea" and not being clever enough to look beyond their own bathroom.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Lotish posted:

In addition, anything that has been made to touch poo has been touched by poo via the fourth dimension. Antero-poo-touched. Pro-poo-touched? Regardless, there's poo everywhere you guys, trust nothing.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
The real life hack is using a toilet brush when you could have gotten a structurally identical dish washing brush and sounded less gross in the process.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Kitchen brushes aren't as rounded, which increases the chance of something going wrong.

As always, safety is number one priority.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

now use the soggy potato peels to wipe the poo poo off the toilet bowl

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

StrangersInTheNight posted:

So there are people on this very forum who have taken the time to turn a whole package of Oreos into plain chocolate biscuits by hand because it never occurred to them that those exist as a product.

This is because Oreos are much more common in American supermarkets, not to mention cheaper than the nine dollar box of premium cocoa wafers.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

twoday posted:

Or, OR, just use your PID-controlled sous-vide immersion circulator, because exact temperature stability is the key to making proper repeatable boiled eggs

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sagebrush posted:

Or, OR, just use your PID-controlled sous-vide immersion circulator, because exact temperature stability is the key to making proper repeatable boiled eggs

I love that the "x"-ed out one suggests that after putting the eggs in the oven, you then cook the eggs for a half an hour. You could do that, or you could just boil an egg for 5 minutes.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

twoday posted:

Hey, I have that same rice cooker. It's a piece of poo poo.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Wanamingo posted:

Hey, I have that same rice cooker. It's a piece of poo poo.

Maybe as a rice cooker. But as an egg cooker, hoo-boy

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

twoday posted:

At that point why not boil them in a pot like a normal person?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Namarrgon posted:

At that point why not boil them in a pot like a normal person?

Because then you dirty a pot, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dorm boiled eggs. Probably don't have an oven or a range, but they might just have a rice cooker. I understand even a hot plate is pushing it these days.