Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Asiina posted:

Case in point this took about 30 seconds to find.

Well, that girl looks like she's only around 13 or 14. There is still time for her to learn. She might still be in the "omg I want to be a princess with a knight" phase, which will hopefully pass.

I'm being optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Too many house guests are still playing the "anyone but me" game to make this interesting. Here comes another unanimous eviction vote :frog:

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Is that's really what's going on? I feel like if that was the game that's being played, then Jocasta or Victoria would've left, because backdooring Amber was a pretty big and risky move.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Asiina posted:

I hate Caleb. I hate him so much as a person.

He's a misogynistic emotionally abusive rear end. When he was mad at Cody because Amber was "his girl" and he needs to stay away from her. You don't own her, you're not in a relationship, you can't claim her. The fact that she owes him things because he does stuff for her is terrifying.

But really what got me to finally post about it was this last episode where he says that they should put her up in order to scare her and make her run back to Caleb (not the alliance, but him personally) for protection and safety. It just reminds me of emotionally abusive assholes who cut women off from their emotional and financial means so that they have to rely on their abusers for survival.

It's sickening.

They've put together a really good cast this year, but Caleb reminds me of Brandon from Survivor in his obsession with a person who has no interest and his possession of her.

I disliked Devin as a player, but I actually dislike Caleb as a person. He is emotionally abusing Amber, and it's disgusting to watch.

Tide posted:

She is until she starts talking. Even when she speaks... Normally... She sounds like she's whining. When I first saw her, I was like :dong: Then she spoke and I was all :flaccid: When she is in the DR, I mute the TV. She's like Zach; loud. And that nasal whiny voice kills it for me

Tell us more about women and how they effect your precious dick.

rafington posted:

Is that's really what's going on? I feel like if that was the game that's being played, then Jocasta or Victoria would've left, because backdooring Amber was a pretty big and risky move.

It wasn't risky. Frankie knows he has votes from Derrick, Zach, and Cody. They played Caleb, so unless there's some weird change of heart where Amber throws herself at the altar of Caleb (ugh), he will probably vote her out. I assume they know that Donny will vote to save Jocasta (he said as much last night). So, it's not really that risky, because they have the votes. I am pretty sure the rest of the house will vote in line with the others.

I really hope someone new wins HOH next week, as in, someone from the other side of the house (I just double checked, and all five HOHs have been someone from the big alliance). In theory, they have the numbers on their side, but they just seem content with being picked off one by one, without much of an idea with what's really going on. I guess this would take Christine being upfront with Nicole, which seems like something she is avoiding.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Twin Cinema posted:

They make it go up and down. Some more than others.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
New Big Brother game:

Every time Caleb refers to himself as "Beastmode Cowboy", hit your head against a wall.

Scrodes
Oct 18, 2003

LOL RACISM!

Teek posted:

Yes, if I understand you right. If Amber is the target, that makes her the house vote right? Normally Donny would vote her out, but if he has to vote against the house, that means he would vote to evict Jocasta instead. Which he would not like.

Except I think the timing of America's vote means it wont be until next week's eviction vote, so theoretically Amber will be gone by then.

Also - imagine being Amber's parents. Watching Caleb creep on your daughter, I'd be terrified he was going to rape her one night. But I guess if she's going home tonight then that would've had to have been last night.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust

Tide posted:

I suppose.

If you want to see the well that the crazy springs from, read his mother's twitter account. And the weirdos on #teamcaleb do nothing but reinforce it.

What's her username? That's a must-follow, especially tonight regardless of who leaves.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pleasing Shape posted:

What's her username? That's a must-follow, especially tonight regardless of who leaves.

@teresar84143183

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

Twin Cinema posted:

I disliked Devin as a player, but I actually dislike Caleb as a person. He is emotionally abusing Amber, and it's disgusting to watch.

If you could refrain from being a SJW outside of tumblr that would be great.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This season has been fun to watch, but pretty boring gamewise

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I will never grow tired of Julie making fun of Caleb. Its the silver lining of him being in the house.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Zach is loving amazing.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Those poor bunny slippers!

What did those slippers ever do to you Caleb, you monster??!?

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Zach is loving amazing.
Zach thrives on chaos.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Credit where credit is due to Frankie, who used that info about Amber to pretty good effect.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can't believe Christine actually thought that info would save Amber. I don't know whether she's lying in DR or lying the Detonators but one way or another she's an idiot and lies way too much.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I ask you this every week, but why do they hate Amber? This edit basically only has her existing to have Caleb stalk her.

Victoria should probably just shut up forever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They mostly hate Amber because Christine and Frankie have made up a lot of lies and poo poo about her and made her come off as very fake and full of herself. Its a really, really weird thing because that house hates her and from the feeds you can see she really is the nicest person in the world. But they're so twisted on her they see her do things like cook and clean for them and manage to rationalize that its all fake.

But you'll never see this because it would mean putting Frankie in a bad light.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Amber's not really hated so much as played such a quiet game with no strong connections to anybody. She just wasn't in the loop enough to get the target off when it came up I guess.

edit: also Amber and Caleb have had a very low place in the house ever since the Bomb Squad came out and they didn't do anything to fix it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Can we please get a positive HoH result for once this season?

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Amber had a bad habit of going around and telling people she didn't trust them after any sort of negative information came out, she didn't have the ability to turn her emotions off at critical times and start acting.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
It's just weird to me that Hayden of all people said that he was "finally" voting for her and Victoria calling her fake, etc. What the hell could he possibly care about her at all?

Also either smart of Derrick to shank someone he knows has some public support or risky of him to invite the backlash. People love their Donny.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Nice girl, bad BB player.

She thinks Donny runs the house?
Keerist, these people need a white cane because they are legally blind.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spiky Ooze posted:

Amber's not really hated so much as played such a quiet game with no strong connections to anybody. She just wasn't in the loop enough to get the target off when it came up I guess.

edit: also Amber and Caleb have had a very low place in the house ever since the Bomb Squad came out and they didn't do anything to fix it.

All that is true and Amber played a very poor game but she absolutely is hated in the house on a personal leve. Hayden, Victoria, Zach, Christine, Frankie, Cody, Nicole. They talk a lot of poo poo about her and constantly call her fake, a bitch, a user, etc. it's mostly all really stupid and superficial high school bullshit. Christine, Zach, and Frankie twist the house with lies and gossip and everyone joins in to be part of the cool kids. But there's no question that this house's favorite pastime is trashing Amber.

When they get out I'm guessing most of them will apologize for it and be shocked they were so nasty because she's an incredibly nice person and they've been played by Frankie and Christine and even kind of Caleb's psychosis. But the nasty hate is happening in there.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Popero posted:

It's just weird to me that Hayden of all people said that he was "finally" voting for her and Victoria calling her fake, etc. What the hell could he possibly care about her at all?

Also either smart of Derrick to shank someone he knows has some public support or risky of him to invite the backlash. People love their Donny.

After Zach's blowup after he was nominated in week 2, where it was revealed that Pao threw the BotB comp, Hayden went around trying to let people know that the plan was forced on him and it wasn't something he was involved in from the start. Amber followed him from room to room to prevent him from having 1 on 1 conversations with people and lied about her role in the plan. Since then he lost all trust in her and felt like she was 2-faced.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Popero posted:

I think hayden and nicole hate her mainly because she put them up and all the poo poo talk that christine feeds nicole about amber. Christine hates her because cody gave her more attention. No idea what any of the dr sessions we saw about christine trying to save amber were about..

Victoria also hated brittney for no real reason and thinks she a comp threat, so who knows there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Victoria had a solid reason to dislike Britt since Britt was telling everyone Victoria didn't deserve to be there. But yeah, otherwise Vic is kind of nutty.

Popero posted:

Derrick was trying to convince America to hate Donny for not doing the task so Derrick and Frankie can evict Donny and claim they did it for us. It's not going to work but when Derrick has a plan he tends not to waver.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Oh man oh man... tense!

It's looking like they didn't anticipate them going this deep into the questions.
They are prolly thinking up a tiebreaker right now.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 1, 2014

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

For once there's what appears to be a chance for a HoH result that will save my sanity.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not going to lie. My stomach is in knots.

Hayden, Nicole, Donny, Caleb, and Zach. Good odds for some hope but the way this season has gone I just know Caleb and Zach will win.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Laaaame.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Popero posted:

Laaaame.
Blame Jacosta for taking up precious network time with all of her loving shoutouts.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Well that's a sloppy ending.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And to think, Caleb didn't even get his special time he wanted to give Amber a speech. Think how little time there would have been then!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Robnoxious posted:

Blame Jacosta for taking up precious network time with all of her loving shoutouts.

If she doesn't thank God at every opportunity he might forget about her.

Caleb's incredible in that whatever happens he thinks he caused it. Also it was a nice burn by Amber when he was standing near the exit door waiting for a last word or a hug or whatever, and then she didn't even acknowledge him.

Scrodes
Oct 18, 2003

LOL RACISM!

Binary Logic posted:

If she doesn't thank God at every opportunity he might forget about her.

Besides, on God's list of things to do today, he had 'Help that woman not get evicted in some game show'.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
It almost felt to me like they weren't prepared for a tiebreaker if a bunch of people were still alive. I guess it goes to show that in a house with nothing to do people will study that loving wall to no end.

The social dynamics of this show are part of what keeps me interested, and the single thing that I find the most fascinating is the overwhelming need of some (most?) people to demonize their game target, not in a public in-the-house kind of way, but in a private, seemingly vindictive kind of way. I understand the former completely, but I think the latter is this incredible insight into people, who work themselves into a frenzy that they apparently actually believe, because when left with three seconds to cast their vote in a room where no other players are present, lots of people take parting shots at people that don't have much basis in reality. Affronts are invented, and minor slights are amplified to insane degrees. In a game like this, there's no real reason for a person to need to justify voting someone out or stabbing someone in the back, etc., that's how it works. But I've always found it interesting that for lots of people that's not good enough, and they need to feel like they are doing something good, not just because it's eliminating a competitor, but because the person evicted is A Very Bad Person.

I'm not sure what that says about humanity, but I think it might be something unpleasant.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Frankie is especially guilty of this. He very over the top demonizes the target each week and comes up with reasons why they deserve to go and why they've wronged everyone. He gets really vicious and ugly about it. His big thing this week is that Brittany is not only a seductress and rich but she stole Jocasta's life story and her kids are actually her dogs.

A lot of others fall into it and its obviously part of human nature and the ugly high school atmosphere that develops in that house. And I'm pretty sure there's been studies that show when you put overall nice people in confinement with worse people the nicer people gradually get meaner through exposure.

That was theory on BB15. I think if you had taken Aaryn or Amanda out of that mix it would have been a very different house. But they were both alpha personalities that drove a really vicious and ugly atmosphere in the house and everyone bought in.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Robnoxious posted:

Nice girl, bad BB player.

She thinks Donny runs the house?
Keerist, these people need a white cane because they are legally blind.

She was a bad player, but thinking about it from in the house Donny must be seen as untouchable in some ways. Every time he ends up on the block everyone feels really bad about it. Not even the fake way they feel bad about things when someone leaves but really bad about it. The only one who doesn't feel bad about it is Derrick but he's the only person who knows the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
No one is really able to separate their emotions from the game. So if its someone's time to go, you need to make it emotional/personal.

Kudos to Amber though. She was a bad BB player but had one of the more gracious exits from the house that I've ever seen. She knew it was a game and people were doing what they had to do. She only ever got upset when people were trying to make her make things personal (the badgering about if she likes Caleb, etc.)

Looking back, its hilarious when Zach came to Caleb and told him all that stuff that Amber said. It was all very innocuous stuff, but the way that Zach was delivering it made it sound way worse. Just goes to show that its not what you say its how you say it.

• Locked thread