Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uhrm
Apr 11, 2012

a cat on an apple posted:

I had the genius idea that all Ground Target AoE abilities should be changed to just work like Bruiser/Artillery Bot: A forward facing "detection telegraph" where the AoE is dropped on the nearest enemy/ally within.

Suddenly it is infinitely more intuitive to drop GTAEs and doesn't become a DPS loss purely because of the mechanical requirement of aiming them.

Except the bruiser bot will more often then not land halfway towards the target because there's a low door stop in the way. PUG healers being unable to land GTAoE heals on a stationary tank is bad enough and I doubt anyone would enjoy watching even more heals being misplaced because of a dent in the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I'm having some issues receiving a confirmation mail for the goonforum, waited about a week...I was reading the post from the start and I've noticed another goon couldn't receive his mail cause the system had him marked as a bot. Could it be the same thing? I've tried resending the mail (checked the spam folder as well, of course) and I've sent a couple of PMs but got no asnwer. Forum name is the same as here. Either I'm a terrible idiot and I'm missing something, or Wildstar hates me :fuckoff:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think it's pretty insane that the first SimCore mission - as in the mission which simply directs you to the drat thing - expects a solo player to kill three mobs designed for a group. The game could at least flag up a warning for that, drat things can hit you for 900 white damage.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Are you sure you didn't just zone into the adventure instance? That's not part of the SimCore quest anymore but it's in the same room.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

a cat on an apple posted:

I had the genius idea that all Ground Target AoE abilities should be changed to just work like Bruiser/Artillery Bot: A forward facing "detection telegraph" where the AoE is dropped on the nearest enemy/ally within.

Suddenly it is infinitely more intuitive to drop GTAEs and doesn't become a DPS loss purely because of the mechanical requirement of aiming them.

You can double tap the key to place it at your cursor :ssh:

Seems like goon squad is actually getting a lot of people mobilized to silvers. There's a lot of people looking and usually they're short a tank, so I've talked to scorned about gearing and will be trying to rune up my tank set tomorrow. I think my gear as is somewhat follows what he was telling me to do, although I'm not sure I'm be deflect crit capped right away.

What's the deflect crit cap for vets, by the way?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Eldercain posted:

What's the deflect crit cap for vets, by the way?

Aim for 6-8% hit

cirt and deflect are based on your class and you will have to look those up.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Eldercain posted:

You can double tap the key to place it at your cursor :ssh:

In a game with high emphasis on mobility and therefore camera control, meaning you'll likely spend a lot of time holding the RMB, this still isn't an effective solution for the skill.

Aside from that, unlike charged casts, GTAEs are not intuitive with double-tapping. For skills like Nullifier where you're likely to want to cast twice within seconds of each other, the inherent delay between activating the "aiming" portion and the "placement" portion is a huge problem. This issue also comes up in Barrier, which offers a large up-front burst shield and a pretty solid HoT, on a very long cooldown. The usage of this skill is then best as an emergency skill, but being an incredibly narrow GTAE, the delay alone in having to double tap, assuming you're in a situation where you're not having to move your camera and don't need to aim the skill, makes it pseudo-non-instantaneous.

And this is just assuming you're not even having to aim. If you do want to aim, then unless you use keyboard turning, you're going to have to drop your camera movement entirely to aim a skill, which just severely breaks the flow of combat.

These skills seriously need some QoL, and having them act like Artillery Bot would be a huge step forward in usability.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

vandalism posted:

Thank god for the blade dance nerf for espers. All those blade dancing espers everywhere were really getting quite out of hand. Good on Carbine. Take a stand.

If you're arguing that they've nerfed blade dance somehow, you're going to have to show that they did a change other than:

quote:

Blade Dance
Channel time reduced to 2 seconds down from 3 seconds.
Damage per level reduced to 5.35 from 6.96 (per tick) and 10.04% Assault Power down from 13.05% AP (per tick).

or

quote:

Esper
General

Fixed a bug that caused the Blade Dance animation top last longer than intended.
Bolster and Concentrated blade now have a small 250ms Cooldown to prevent all charges from firing at the same time if Hold to Continue Casting is enabled.

Cuz pretty much only the bolded thing is a potential nerf (and not even a real nerf unless you were playing your rotation poorly anyway).

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Yeah, for those who can't math, a 50% increase in speed combined with a 25% decrease in damage is a 14% increase in DPS.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
I've never played an Esper and the change isn't clear to me. They are reducing the length of the channel but it doesn't say anything about the tick time. So, a shorter channel implies fewer ticks with each tick doing less damage. What am I missing about this ability? You get a combo point for finishing the channel a bit sooner?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

kaxman posted:

I've never played an Esper and the change isn't clear to me. They are reducing the length of the channel but it doesn't say anything about the tick time. So, a shorter channel implies fewer ticks with each tick doing less damage. What am I missing about this ability? You get a combo point for finishing the channel a bit sooner?

That's the thing, the tick count -is- probably decreasing, but you're gaining 1 PP every second as opposed to 1 PP every 1.5 seconds. This increase in PP gains means it takes 1 fewer PP -if- you're using Blade Dance (which you probably wouldn't anyway barring some exceptional situations).

The main benefit from Blade Dance is it ticks faster than anything else that can proc your crit AMPs, giving you more rolls at refreshing your crit buff. It's a niche use but it's any use at all. Chaining into a finisher in one fewer second would contribute to improving uptime on another AMP (the one for casting a 5 PP assault finisher).

Basically Blade Dance's rate of PP generation was behind that of Telekinetic Strike AND Illusionary Blade, which made it useless. Now it's at least on par with IB, if slightly behind Telekinetic Strike, but also comes with increased tick rate which is a nontrivial application in the context of min-maxing esper DPS. It's worth more consideration than it was before, at least. Gaining your second PP in 2 seconds instead of 3 is a pretty big gain for the skill itself.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Minsky posted:

Are you sure you didn't just zone into the adventure instance? That's not part of the SimCore quest anymore but it's in the same room.

No, it's the room itself. Spawns a Dominion Tracker and two Hounds that proceed to wreck me no matter what I do. Had to get friends involved just so I could unlock the bloody instance on the LFG tool. It's silly.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I remember those being harder than regular mobs but I still soloed them without much trouble.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
So I can see shiphand vets maybe getting cut and not being a priority, but why exactly do riot/exile first adventure not have vet modes? It seems like a lot of the intended endgame might be caught up in a release that was before it was ready.

Also, I was in SC last night with an esper/stalker as my dps compatriots and they were both putting out like 1-1.5k more dps than me. I could attribute some of that to me not being more than big toe into rune sets and without raiding gear (which I believe they had some), but is running group buffs like smackdown and power link really gonna put me that far behind if I'm managing rampage refreshes well? I thought my 3.5-4k was pretty good :(

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eldercain posted:

So I can see shiphand vets maybe getting cut and not being a priority, but why exactly do riot/exile first adventure not have vet modes? It seems like a lot of the intended endgame might be caught up in a release that was before it was ready.

Also, I was in SC last night with an esper/stalker as my dps compatriots and they were both putting out like 1-1.5k more dps than me. I could attribute some of that to me not being more than big toe into rune sets and without raiding gear (which I believe they had some), but is running group buffs like smackdown and power link really gonna put me that far behind if I'm managing rampage refreshes well? I thought my 3.5-4k was pretty good :(

Power Link is off the GCD and therefore is basically never a DPS loss because its own percentage buff maeks up for whatever other OGCD skill you could have put in its place. Smackdown is generally used in raids as opposed to dungeons where the group dps gain outweigh the individual loss, the smackdown warrior is generally going to be a little behind the other warriors in the raid.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Eldercain posted:

Shiphand vets would be higher priority than vet versions of the first adventure, because both factions can access every shiphand. Also who wants to wade into the minefield that is player accusations of end-game unfairness as filtered through the lens of a potential difficulty or gear imbalance between two largely irrelevant pieces of bottom-tier content?

Also if you're not runed then you won't do top DPS. A full set of runes has more of an effect than an entire tier of gear upgrades.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

30.5 Days posted:

Also if you're not runed then you won't do top DPS. A full set of runes has more of an effect than an entire tier of gear upgrades.

Oh I'm fully runed, but due to non-optimal slots and me not wanting to dump all my money on blue dungeon gear (especially since I need to rune my tank gear now), I'm only 4/12 on a couple of rune sets.

Zoness posted:

Power Link is off the GCD and therefore is basically never a DPS loss because its own percentage buff maeks up for whatever other OGCD skill you could have put in its place. Smackdown is generally used in raids as opposed to dungeons where the group dps gain outweigh the individual loss, the smackdown warrior is generally going to be a little behind the other warriors in the raid.

Right, but I assume warrior DPS is balanced somewhat around power link being part of your kit whereas the free large chunk of damage for other classes (esp since I try to line it up with moos if the fight warrants it) means they're getting more bang for their buck.

I could probably take smackdown off my bar, but it feels like in situations where I don't need the extra cc/cc break/movement/whatever that it's probably a pretty good contribution? I guess I could take it off my bar and see if I can find something to parse on (training ground fabkit? idk) and see what the individual difference is, although I think I'm well above whatever personal contribution I need to make in dungeons to meet checks.

Also not sure what to replace it with really. Grid I guess, so I don't lose any dps time, or I could start taking 3-4cc/movement full time and just swap either a cc or leap for cc break.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

poptart_fairy posted:

No, it's the room itself. Spawns a Dominion Tracker and two Hounds that proceed to wreck me no matter what I do. Had to get friends involved just so I could unlock the bloody instance on the LFG tool. It's silly.

That is weird. I don't remember having problems with it at launch, but I do remember they did some weird random buffing of monster difficulty on adventures shortly afterwards and maybe this was a side effect.

(I only asked because I myself actually did accidentally zone into the adventure instance and didn't realize it wasn't part of the SimCore mission until after I got ganked by a bunch of elite monsters)

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

poptart_fairy posted:

I've soloed that group several times but with my first character I died quite a bit as I didn't really know the base mechanics that well and they are significantly harder hitting than anything else you fight up to that point outside of prime monsters. It was a little jarring.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Drop 2 (sabotage) patch is going to coming down soon:

https://twitter.com/Cougardc/status/494615757980856320

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is there any way to get a free trial for this?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anatharon posted:

Is there any way to get a free trial for this?

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/free-trial-giveaway/

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Cool. I didn't see anything mentioned, but is it like the WoW one in that you can't do pretty much anything? :v:

The WoW one, I believe, caps you at level 20 (like 2-3 hours of gameplay) and can't trade, group, whisper, mail, or a ton of other stuff.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anatharon posted:

Cool. I didn't see anything mentioned, but is it like the WoW one in that you can't do pretty much anything? :v:

The WoW one, I believe, caps you at level 20 (like 2-3 hours of gameplay) and can't trade, group, whisper, mail, or a ton of other stuff.

That's pretty much wildstar's trail. Lvl 20 cap which is a good chunks worth (lvl cap 50) and you can't group, trade, mail, whisper, join a guild or circle. It does let you get your house at lvl 14 like a regular account though so you can see the animal crossing style decoration system.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I just sent my friend a 7-day guest pass and I'm assuming the 7-day Trial is the same account, and you can join a group, you just can't start a group yourself.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
So Spellslinger wild barrage is a 360 AOE now if you have it up to T4 or 8. QA is hard I guess.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is there a mod which clears up the Challenges UI? I have no clue if I've previously top ranked a challenge or not.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there a mod which clears up the Challenges UI? I have no clue if I've previously top ranked a challenge or not.

I'm not entirely sure if this is what you were looking for, but you can try this one: http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/221885-challenger

I had to create a new account to get a confirmation mail from the goonforum...I guess eu mail provider are tagged as "BOT" or something :confused:

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

That Italian Guy posted:

I'm not entirely sure if this is what you were looking for, but you can try this one: http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/221885-challenger

I had to create a new account to get a confirmation mail from the goonforum...I guess eu mail provider are tagged as "BOT" or something :confused:

No one uses the offsite stuff anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

For the three people that still play Wildstar:
:siren: the Costumes interface is no longer broken :siren:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mercurius posted:

For the three people that still play Wildstar:
:siren: the Costumes interface is no longer broken :siren:

Believe this when I see it but I'd love it to be true. Damned bothersome having the costume menu flip the gently caress out swapping gear back and forth at light speed in some kind of programming loop.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Jesus, Carbine really doesn't want Warrior DPS to be good, do they? It feels like they're balancing the game around parses from mid-June still. My raid's Warriors in GA haven't been ahead of the Engineers or Stalkers since the first nerfs to Rampage back at the beginning of the month.

I'm also a little disappointed none of the Warrior tank changes made it in. Carbine takes way too long to patch their game.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient
Trying to do Vet STL with more than 2 warrior DPS is asking for a certain death.

I think only 1 warrior per Vet dungeon is more than enough for stuns, and no more should be within a group if you want to get silver.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I silvered Vet Skullcano with two Warriors.

It's a definite liability, but that's just melee classes in general.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

fadam posted:

Jesus, Carbine really doesn't want Warrior DPS to be good, do they? It feels like they're balancing the game around parses from mid-June still. My raid's Warriors in GA haven't been ahead of the Engineers or Stalkers since the first nerfs to Rampage back at the beginning of the month.

I'm also a little disappointed none of the Warrior tank changes made it in. Carbine takes way too long to patch their game.

Are you really complaining about warrior DPS?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Szcwczuk posted:

Are you really complaining about warrior DPS?

Warrior DPS is fine, and likely will be mostly fine after these changes (the rampage 5->3 is incredibly stupid) but when there are two other classes that parse either as well or higher it seems a little peculiar that the only class getting nerfed each week is Warrior.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

fadam posted:

Warrior DPS is fine, and likely will be mostly fine after these changes (the rampage 5->3 is incredibly stupid) but when there are two other classes that parse either as well or higher it seems a little peculiar that the only class getting nerfed each week is Warrior.

Please! Spellslingers were way behind warriors pre patch and we have gotten way more nerfs today then anything warriors have gotten. Christ warriors could use another nerf.

edit: Warriors are without question the easiest class in the game to play put out some of the best DPS in the game, both strong AOE and single target AND have amazing utility. Really all the warriors mad about a change that only affect you in something like WOTW is hilarious. Unless you're good enough to do triple vet/raid pulls you will see ZERO DPS change.

You really shouldn't be surprised by anything stupid in this patch it's not like carbine has a QA team. Christ they broke Wild Barrage for spellslingers to be a 360 AOE.

Szcwczuk fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jul 31, 2014

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Szcwczuk posted:

Please! Spellslingers were way behind warriors pre patch and we have gotten way more nerfs today then anything warriors have gotten. Christ warriors could use another nerf.

Why could Warriors use another nerf? Especially over Stalker or Engineer? I feel like anyone still salty about Warriors hasn't been paying attention to patch notes or parse info for the past like, three weeks. Maybe instead of nerfing anyone they could just buff the underperformer's DPS? I don't understand why they're being so coy with numbers and cooldowns for Medic DPS, just give their single target spells a 10-15% boost in damage.

When they fix punish erroneously stacking and giving a huge DPS increase to physical DPS, I'm going to be very interested in seeing how Stalker and Warrior DPS fares.

EDIT: I just saw your edit. You understand they nerfed Rampage's damage again too, right? People are mad at more than just the dumbfuck AoE nerf. Double pulling Veteran groups with a Stalker tank and blowing them all up was a consistent way to save time on silver runs. Now Warriors are significantly worse at that.

fadam fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 31, 2014

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

fadam posted:

Now Warriors are significantly worse at that.

I'm sure you'll find a way to cope.

edit: Oh god this is amazing this patch also reset any quest progress for world bosses you had. So if lets say you were at 93% for world bosses you're at 0% now.....carbine.

Szcwczuk fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"

Szcwczuk posted:

I'm sure you'll find a way to cope.

edit: Oh god this is amazing this patch also reset any quest progress for world bosses you had. So if lets say you were at 93% for world bosses you're at 0% now.....carbine.

The question is: Is it a display bug? If you were at 93% and it shows as 0 does your next kill bring you to 100%? If it's not a display bug, can you re-kill stuff you've gotten credit for? If not...you may not be able to get attuned. There aren't enough working bosses to get attuned twice.

• Locked thread