Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Ettin posted:

At least Jeff Rients is just being dumb and not straight-up ridiculous.

There's no way in hell I'm wading into G+, soooo...what's going on with Jeff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

Wait, is this serious?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
All of my RPG.net screencaps are serious.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The absolute best part of that is you outright stating multiple times that Thunderdome is just a made up thing but that one dude is convinced that he can find it if he just plugs the right numbers into the URL bar. Amazing.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Ettin posted:

"Seriously guys, my good pal here is dumb like you wouldn't believe. If he did something bad, he would just go around telling everybody like a cartoon parrot. Just flying around, squawking in the face of anyone who walks by. The Dongion? Zak couldn't be involved! Why set up an anonymous blog that only posts your talking points and updates within minutes when someone corrects you when you could just willingly admit it to people who asked? Sure, regular people might just lie or have more than one circle, but you see, Zak is a huge loving dope."

I had to check to make sure this wasn't an actual Jeff Rients post after "well maybe he had his head in the sand and didn't know his witch hunt list resulted in harassment!"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I had to check to make sure this wasn't an actual Jeff Rients post after "well maybe he had his head in the sand and didn't know his witch hunt list resulted in harassment!"

Jokes aside, the main reason Jeff's being a doofus is that he's shifted the goalposts into demands that everyone abused by a dude who loudly denies that he's done anything wrong and adds anyone who says otherwise to a hit list of ~known frauds~ should approach him in public and ask for an apology before they speak up. Every defense so far basically boils down to "you're not allowed to say anything about harassment until you consult your harasser".

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Of course if you do approach Zak, remember to use short words and pictures and maybe some hand puppets, because according to these comments his ability to not leave everything he does out in the open for random strangers to find is outclassed by the target audience of Sesame Street.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I approached Zak S once, during the whole hitlist thing, trying to point out that incitement to harassment is illegal. He accused me of being Mikan in disguise. I don't even use a Kanji picture as an avatar on G+.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Roland Jones posted:

I approached Zak S once, during the whole hitlist thing, trying to point out that incitement to harassment is illegal. He accused me of being Mikan in disguise. I don't even use a Kanji picture as an avatar on G+.

That's how he knew it was a disguise! :tinfoil:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Roland Jones posted:

The first time I talked to Zak he accused me of being a pseudonym. He didn't say who for, but presumably for Mikan.

The dude is as paranoid as they come.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
When Zak first popped up on SA I only appeared to get his back when goons started getting a little too goony at him, then later I found out he'd been calling me "scum" in some private cry thread.

Never again :911:

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

gnome7 posted:

The first time I talked to Zak he accused me of being a pseudonym. He didn't say who for, but presumably for Mikan.

The dude is as paranoid as they come.

Well, I assume gnome7 isn't your real name.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

RPZip posted:

Well, I assume gnome7 isn't your real name.

This was on G+, where my username is my real name.

But yes, you'd be right.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I actually considered having my name changed to Kwyndig once. Then I realized people already misspell and mispronounce my real name all the time and using a made up string of letters would just result in me becoming too infuriated with the idiots out there all the time. My blood pressure is already too high.

I don't go by my real name anywhere except on Facebook, although Twitter used to have my real name.

WordMercenary
Jan 14, 2013

Tollymain posted:

this, but unironically and hopefully soon

Storium?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

It's still in beta and I don't know if I should mention it, but I've been playing in a test Dungeon World campaign (and helping test the site features) for https://www.ileni.com

It's not ready yet, but it will be pretty drat good when it is ready to open the floodgates.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Kai Tave posted:

I don't know how I'd feel about it if I was the one literally being harassed by Zak S' 2,000 followers after his girlfriend called me out of whatever. Like, it's one thing to say "don't let the assholes win!" but if the alternative is finding another hobby to focus on that's just as fun/fulfilling and doesn't result in you being harassed by creepy idiot assholes then maybe that's not the worst plan?
The pessimist in may says that doing what you are suggesting especially if you approach it the way Mikan did is next to impossible to do.

Ettin posted:

My favourite thing about those comments right now is that most of the "defenses" are basically predicated on "Where's the evidence? Real evidence is handed out by the culprit to total strangers when they're circled on G+, so if you haven't circled Zak you must be making this up!"

At least Jeff Rients is just being dumb and not straight-up ridiculous.
Sweet jesus its in his blog. I completely forgot he effectively made a post calling people he has discussions with autistic because with the reality being that they can't understand his nonsensical jibber jabber.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 31, 2014

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Posting on reddit is a great idea: http://medievalpoc.tumblr.com/post/93339594148/tw-harassment-threats-stalking-violence

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Fred Hicks has posted an apology.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
better late than never, i guess

let's be real though hicks' mistake is not going to significantly hurt evil hat in any way, and it never was

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
I'm sorry but... Is not how you make a real apology. Especially while painting yourself as a victim for trying to say that both sides are assholes and the truth is in the middle.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

inklesspen posted:

Fred Hicks has posted an apology.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Krabkolash posted:

I'm sorry but... Is not how you make a real apology. Especially while painting yourself as a victim for trying to say that both sides are assholes and the truth is in the middle.

Eh, he did pretty clearly say he hosed up on this one. I'm not the one wronged but I'm inclined to think its a sincere apology.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Yeah I'm not seeing how he spun himself as a victim here, he flat-out said he messed up and is sorry for it. Fred also points out that he thinks Zak is a toxic element in the hobby so it's pretty clear he doesn't think highly of Zak; if anything he made the mistake of trying to be moderate in a situation that didn't need or require a moderate voice.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Yeah that is a pretty good apology and a pretty clear condemnation of Zak S.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

inklesspen posted:

Eh, he did pretty clearly say he hosed up on this one. I'm not the one wronged but I'm inclined to think its a sincere apology.

I'm inclined to think it's sincere because I feel where he's coming from. God knows, I failed to understand the same problem for a very long time - I just did it in private, instead of on Twitter.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
So what's the deal with RPG desginers and G+? They are the only group I know of that uses G+ extensively.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

G+ is only used by huge nerds.

Thus...

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

K Prime posted:

G+ is only used by huge nerds.

Thus...

Facebook is the domain of "those loving jocks".

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
You can play games in google hangouts, so there's synergy there.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
There might be people who moved to g+ from the now defunct Google Wave, too. It used to be a pretty good platform for RPG related material and organising.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Also these sort of announcements are generally silly, but this place is not huge so I figure it is probably OK. After a little more than two years of modding, I am gonna pass on the star to someone else. It has been fun, but a bunch of stuff is shifting over in my personal life (kid is going into school, I am going back to jobhaving) and also two years seems like plenty to me as far as time served. I will stick around for games and stuff, and stick around until they pick a new mod for the forum, but this is basically a sort of thanks for being a good forum and being fun to be a janitor for for the last couple years.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Thomamelas posted:

So what's the deal with RPG desginers and G+? They are the only group I know of that uses G+ extensively.

One of the big reasons a lot of them use it is that it's very easy to curate a G+ circle so that the only people with access to it are people you know will agree with you, unlike blogs where you might have to manually delete unwanted comments.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Winson_Paine posted:

Also these sort of announcements are generally silly, but this place is not huge so I figure it is probably OK. After a little more than two years of modding, I am gonna pass on the star to someone else. It has been fun, but a bunch of stuff is shifting over in my personal life (kid is going into school, I am going back to jobhaving) and also two years seems like plenty to me as far as time served. I will stick around for games and stuff, and stick around until they pick a new mod for the forum, but this is basically a sort of thanks for being a good forum and being fun to be a janitor for for the last couple years.

End of an era, but it'll be fun to sass you a bit once you lose your star. :haw:
Best of luck on the jobhaving.

Edit: make Ettin mod, it would make a certain segment of the hobby :psyboom: and it would be glorious.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

You've been a great mod, Winson. I hope your successor is as good for us!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Winson_Paine posted:

:( Aw. Well grats on the job and parenting! You've been a great mod, Winson.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

Winson_Paine posted:

Good luck with the job! Thanks for keeping things peaceable around here.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Winson_Paine posted:

:( We will miss you Winson! The next person will definitely not be as rad.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Winson_Paine posted:

I wish you well on your new opportunities. You've been a downright cool mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Winson_Paine posted:

I accept my new job, Winson. It will be an honor.

• Locked thread