Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Sterling_Archer posted:

The question is: Is it a display bug? If you were at 93% and it shows as 0 does your next kill bring you to 100%? If it's not a display bug, can you re-kill stuff you've gotten credit for? If not...you may not be able to get attuned. There aren't enough working bosses to get attuned twice.

Nope multiple people have said it's reset, but I'm done with that so whatever. Carbine will have to fix it somehow I just hope they don't take weeks to do it, we need more people attuned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Sterling_Archer posted:

The question is: Is it a display bug? If you were at 93% and it shows as 0 does your next kill bring you to 100%? If it's not a display bug, can you re-kill stuff you've gotten credit for? If not...you may not be able to get attuned. There aren't enough working bosses to get attuned twice.

Complete reset; killing a boss results in going from 0 to 8% as reported by tons of people. It seems to also reset which bosses they can get kill credit for, but it's insane to expect people to do 93% again... so Carbine will probably expect them to and offer it as a "workaround" until they figure out what caused it.

I suspect a variable was playing double duty in one of the quests they fixed and resetting that quest state in the patch also reset that variable.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
In regards to the Wild Barrage being a massive AOE:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/100891-spellslinger-bugschanges-7232014/#entry1039855

It's almost like the devs have no organization or communication setup.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Szcwczuk posted:

edit: Oh god this is amazing this patch also reset any quest progress for world bosses you had. So if lets say you were at 93% for world bosses you're at 0% now.....carbine.

laff fuckin o. Any goodwill this game has left is slowly getting pitched into a shredder.

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine

Mortify posted:

Complete reset; killing a boss results in going from 0 to 8% as reported by tons of people. It seems to also reset which bosses they can get kill credit for, but it's insane to expect people to do 93% again... so Carbine will probably expect them to and offer it as a "workaround" until they figure out what caused it.

I suspect a variable was playing double duty in one of the quests they fixed and resetting that quest state in the patch also reset that variable.

That is kinda what I'm expecting too, so I'm just going to go ahead and cancel my subscription now. Man, what a disaster of a company.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
This patch is just a bleak look into the future of carbine and it's not looking good. They have me until the end of the month but they would have to do something really amazing.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
From Cougar on the official forums:

quote:

We will be looking into this early today. There are enough reports that I'm pretty sure we did something bad here, but I'm not sure exactly what yet.

My apologies.

So expect it to be fixed around Drop 5! Alternatively, this is just another part of their hardcore mentality you guys. Being hardcore also means dealing with bugs, you know? If you want to raid at times you really have to earn it!

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002
Couple the apparent incompetent QA and a blah blah blah we can't hear you mentality from the devs I'm surprised this game ever released.

I'm glad I'm still enjoying getting to max level because it sounds like once I get there I'll be done with WS.

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Szcwczuk posted:

In regards to the Wild Barrage being a massive AOE:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/100891-spellslinger-bugschanges-7232014/#entry1039855

It's almost like the devs have no organization or communication setup.

:lol: even our class dev confirmed this bug when Spythe posted about it and it still went through. I can't imagine how hilarious it must be to use in PVP at the moment.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Grimby posted:

Couple the apparent incompetent QA and a blah blah blah we can't hear you mentality from the devs I'm surprised this game ever released.

I'm glad I'm still enjoying getting to max level because it sounds like once I get there I'll be done with WS.

Remember, the devs are listening! :v:

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Grimby posted:

Samies for me. I'm going to get to max level, then maybe make an alt on a different class and level 1-15 using the two different start zones (Exile Mordesh 1-6 & 6-15, and Dominion Human 1-6 & 6-15) that I didn't see before.

However past 15 when all of the races start zone funnel into the same zones/quest chains, it makes me really not want to level any other alts at all. Especially since it seems someone forgot to tune the Space-Snow zone's quests down-- all of the quest counters seem like they should have been toned down by a third or even half (ie: kill 10 things instead of 20).

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine

Stealthed Zombie posted:

From Cougar on the official forums:

So expect it to be fixed around Drop 5! Alternatively, this is just another part of their hardcore mentality you guys. Being hardcore also means dealing with bugs, you know? If you want to raid at times you really have to earn it!

So after unsubbing I decided to give WOW a shot after 2+ years away from it, and holy poo poo all of the quality of life changes they have made in that game really drive home how loving arbitrary the difficulty is in Wildstar. At this point, it seems like "hardcore" is just a phrase they are hiding behind to explain their incompetence (lack of content, insane bugs, horrible tech support). Really all it refers to is the insane length of time it takes to accomplish anything and the patience you have to maneuver around all of the bugs.

I think its funny as hell that a company that runs such a sloppy loving production feels like their customers should dedicate so much time and money to their game. I probably should have taken the hint after spending 20 days with a banned account trying to get support to fix it. I don't think I've ever been so frustrated with a game before that I felt like jumping on a message board to complain, but gently caress this game.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

jeeves posted:

Especially since it seems someone forgot to tune the Space-Snow zone's quests down-- all of the quest counters seem like they should have been toned down by a third or even half (ie: kill 10 things instead of 20).

Hahaha, you think 20 kills is a lot. Later on it's 50+ for many quests.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Mattavist posted:

Hahaha, you think 20 kills is a lot. Later on it's 50+ for many quests.

In Snowzone? Jeez, no wonder everyone seems to say this zone blows.

Edit - This game is going to be completely killed by Warlords of Draenor launching. It seems most people are playing this game because it seems the most "WOW-like" of any other MMO launched, but it is only making people actually switch back to WOW after getting their mmo itch back on instead of making competition for it.

As I said, I am enjoying the new zones and the initial leveling, with no desire to do endgame stuff really. However if WoD was out now I'd probably be playing that for new levels/zones to see instead of this!

jeeves fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 31, 2014

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

I know people are looking into the world boss attunement situation; it's obviously not great for folks to have to redo that with the world bosses being on long timers and such.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Haha, I tried to login for a bit to test some stuff and there are periodic entire server disconnects happening again.

Something like once every half hour, it's fantastic.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
As of next downtime, they are auto-completing ANYONE who is on the world boss step and moving them to the next step.

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

We're trying to have a fix up for the server crashes in the next couple hours.

Regarding the world boss attunement situation, an update: everyone who's currently on that quest and lost credit will get credit for all world bosses. It'll complete for you next downtime.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I also don't get why they keep nerfing warriors. I don't know in what world you are playing wildstar and being melee makes a class "the easiest to play in the world", but if I had some bullshit tightknit weaving rotation I had to keep track of in addition to dodging cleaves, normal mechanic telegraphs, and any of those telegraphs that target the tank or other melee then I would probably just reroll. Being able to put up competetive dps means you need to stand just on the edge of damage/death, and make sure that all the movement you do not only takes you out of danger but as close to the boss as possible so you can continue dps and get in range of your stumpy rear end interrupts as soon as possible. Not all difficulty is derived from staring at the bar of cooldowns you have.

e:I guess I'm glad I didn't get to world bosses though because boy did they ever screw the pooch. Hopefully they have some record of where people were and can restore it, but it's likely gonna be faster to just go do hellrose and make your rounds again because I doubt if you had 93% and just needed stemdragon or something that you can kill it now and be complete when they restore. and just like that some goodwill is restored

In other news, I am hoping to make big mucho cash by going home for lunch and making customization stations to sell before everyone realizes it's not very hard to make.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Eldercain posted:

and just like that some goodwill is restored

For all my snark from earlier I figured they would go this route and I think it's the best option given the sensitivity of the issue. :toot:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Stealthed Zombie posted:

For all my snark from earlier I figured they would go this route and I think it's the best option given the sensitivity of the issue. :toot:

I mean the world bosses part of attunement isn't really a challenge anyways, they're all piss easy even when they're max level. I assume it's more "please check out the cool stuff we put out in the world before you instance forever" kind of thing, so might as well just say gently caress it.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Now maybe next patch we can lose progress on Silver Dungeons right? Right? While I'm at 0% still, mind you.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eldercain posted:

I also don't get why they keep nerfing warriors. I don't know in what world you are playing wildstar and being melee makes a class "the easiest to play in the world", but if I had some bullshit tightknit weaving rotation I had to keep track of in addition to dodging cleaves, normal mechanic telegraphs, and any of those telegraphs that target the tank or other melee then I would probably just reroll. Being able to put up competetive dps means you need to stand just on the edge of damage/death, and make sure that all the movement you do not only takes you out of danger but as close to the boss as possible so you can continue dps and get in range of your stumpy rear end interrupts as soon as possible. Not all difficulty is derived from staring at the bar of cooldowns you have.

Having played a class that can choose whether to melee or range a fight (tried out 3-4 different LAS's during Kuralak progression), I can easily say that I have seen maybe one or two encounters in GA where being Melee is considerably more difficult than being ranged and that Engineers are clear outliers on DPS because of their class resource mechanics and that Warriors are ridiculously useful even beyond having meter-topping DPS in raid.

And in Dungeons I only really see melee actually being bad in like, maybe 3 fights across all 4 dungeons?

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Stealthed Zombie posted:

As of next downtime, they are auto-completing ANYONE who is on the world boss step and moving them to the next step.

That sounds like a good plan though it's too bad I can't take advantage of it. I hope the next drop proceeds to auto-complete everyone else on all the other steps too! And the one after that nukes the whole chain out of the game!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Zoness posted:

And in Dungeons I only really see melee actually being bad in like, maybe 3 fights across all 4 dungeons?

They're not bad, just that difficulty doesn't all come from pres butan. Thunderhoof or whatever in SC, for example, isn't hard really, but when he pulverizes and when pops a shroom (if you're trying to avoid that damage) both mean that you have to be well out of range when he lands, and when he jumps on one melee they all have to dive out of the way. He's still piss easy, but he's easier for ranged who really only have to jump and move if pulv targets them.

For fights that being melee is terrible, it's mostly STL. Aetheros is easy but his group telegraph thing can gently caress you if people aren't carful, and ST himself is a butthole to melee until you learn how to mitigate it a bit. If the last boss of KV wasn't so laughably easy, his exanite blade shooting in last phase (during the orbs) can suddenly gently caress people in melee range too.

My point is it's ok to mostly have easy rotations because there are considerations other than rotations. I also can't speak to raids because I haven't been to them!

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Now maybe next patch we can lose progress on Silver Dungeons right? Right? While I'm at 0% still, mind you.

You'd be further along if it wasn't past your bedtime.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Mortify posted:

You'd be further along if it wasn't past your bedtime.

DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE. Wait what time is it? Never mind I have to sleep now.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Cyster posted:

We're trying to have a fix up for the server crashes in the next couple hours.

Regarding the world boss attunement situation, an update: everyone who's currently on that quest and lost credit will get credit for all world bosses. It'll complete for you next downtime.

LOL more of the gently caress you got mine mentality: Now anyone who's even gotten to that phase gets full completion at the twitch of a finger, meanwhile anyone coming behind has to slog through the whole thing. I think I'm done, your company is full of the worst kind of idiots.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Looking forward to everyone who got this handed to them espousing the virtue of working for it on the official forums.

What you scrubs want welfare completions (like we got)? Go play Candy Crush, filth.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

fadam posted:

EDIT: I just saw your edit. You understand they nerfed Rampage's damage again too, right? People are mad at more than just the dumbfuck AoE nerf. Double pulling Veteran groups with a Stalker tank and blowing them all up was a consistent way to save time on silver runs. Now Warriors are significantly worse at that.

They did not nerf Rampages damage again. This was the nerf from a previous patch and the same notes were copied over, no values changed. The only new change is the Rampage target reduction.

Patch from 7/15 contained all the identical notes for Warrior. https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/96899-update-notes-7152014/

Windchilla fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 31, 2014

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

LOL more of the gently caress you got mine mentality: Now anyone who's even gotten to that phase gets full completion at the twitch of a finger, meanwhile anyone coming behind has to slog through the whole thing. I think I'm done, your company is full of the worst kind of idiots.

Yes, it is completely unfair for someone who got hosed over by a bad bug to get some sort of recompense. How dare Carbine try to make things right for people whose progress was pushed back by a couple days while completely ignoring those who weren't affected in the slightest.

In other news, finished attunement last night, so I got that going for me.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

fadam posted:

I don't understand why they're being so coy with numbers and cooldowns for Medic DPS, just give their single target spells a 10-15% boost in damage.

From the research I've done, Medic DPS is "okay". There's a few problems, naturally:

1) During the Veteran process, Medic itemization takes an enormous dive. Almost all Excellent (purple) Medium Armour is itemized specifically for Stalkers. IIRC, Medic healers get one item and DPS get two items, overall.

2) During the Veteran process, while Medics can reach the DPS of other classes, it's usually through the usage of runes. Technophile, Assassin, and IIRC Tech Firestarter or something along those lines.

3) Once a Medic DPS has reached raid content and starts getting gear, the gap gets closed a little bit, making them a little bit more viable, with the following caveat:

4) Medic DPS is hard. Even after the changes to Gamma Rays (that's been put in by now, right?), Medics require, hands down, the most micro-awareness to handle their class resource, due to Actuator refunds boiling down to being RNG. Engineers are the only class that come close, but they have a lot more tools to keep their Volatility between 30 and 70. As a result, while their theoretical DPS comes pretty close to being acceptable, in practice most Medics will never achieve this DPS because of how hard and luck-based it is.

Also, while Engineers are top DPS, they're top DPS that bring the least utility of any class. Warrior has Power Link, Stalker probably has something, and every other class has a Strikethrough buff.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

a cat on an apple posted:

Also, while Engineers are top DPS, they're top DPS that bring the least utility of any class. Warrior has Power Link, Stalker probably has something, and every other class has a Strikethrough buff.

Bio Shell (and Recursive Matrix at dps loss) are things!

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

Pryce posted:

Yes, it is completely unfair for someone who got hosed over by a bad bug to get some sort of recompense. How dare Carbine try to make things right for people whose progress was pushed back by a couple days while completely ignoring those who weren't affected in the slightest.

Using this logic shouldn't everybody who didn't exploit one of the numerous 'bad bugs' that allowed people to buy dozens of CREDD and corner markets with ease be compensated? Should I expect my reparations mail any day now with 100's of plat so Carbine can make things right? Not having unlimited funds weeks after launch has pushed back my progress while those who did exploit are not affected in the slightest. :rolleyes:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Did Enigma ever get punished for exploiting the Elder Gem thing to get full AMP/Skill Points right after launch?

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Sooo Espers are even more rad now.

Boogiewoogie
Jan 10, 2012

Erm a prerter prerncers! Erm a prerter prerncers!
I just grabbed the game the other day and while I am enjoying it so far but I keep getting kicked off the server at some point in the first two dungeons and being sent back to the world with no group and a deserter debuff. Is this a known problem or am I the chosen one regarding weird network fuckery (I don't lose connection anywhere else and it seems to be fine for the regular zones)?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Pryce posted:

In other news, finished attunement last night, so I got that going for me.

So wait, does this mean I'm going to get some kind of recompense for lovely trigger finger drops?

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Rhymenoserous posted:

So wait, does this mean I'm going to get some kind of recompense for lovely trigger finger drops?

Yes. Your recompense is you never have to worry about Trigger Fingers again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Boogiewoogie posted:

I just grabbed the game the other day and while I am enjoying it so far but I keep getting kicked off the server at some point in the first two dungeons and being sent back to the world with no group and a deserter debuff. Is this a known problem or am I the chosen one regarding weird network fuckery (I don't lose connection anywhere else and it seems to be fine for the regular zones)?

Issue right now post-patch which is disconnecting people every 30min or so, I wouldn't try to do instanced content until they get that sorted.

• Locked thread