Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

UnNethertrash posted:

Who stares at their dogs rear end in a top hat long enough to figure this out in the first place?

Morally Inept, I'd wager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

UnNethertrash posted:

Who stares at their dogs rear end in a top hat long enough to figure this out in the first place?

Wade Wilson posted:

Morally Inept, I'd wager.

Either that, or people who wear elaborate and enviable costumes to SDCC:

Video where he discusses the photo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g_plYDKlko (Start around the 8:33 mark)

A couple unrelated funny pics:

Naked Man Punch has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Jul 31, 2014

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Would a dinosaur even be kosher?

*starts derail*

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

LoonShia posted:

*starts derail*

They don't have divided hooves and chew the cud, so no.

Though since birds, which may be kosher, came from dinosaurs, they might get grandfathered in...

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

I like the "Speedy Weeknight Dinners" in big, bold text accompanied by a cover picture of macarons in the back there.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

LoonShia posted:

*starts derail*

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

LoonShia posted:

*starts derail*

Maybe some herbivorous ones?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
My coworker took some pics with her doge and horse.

The doge wasn't sure what to think of everything for a bit.

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

Zazi posted:

gonna get all fun police here but Cards Against Humanity is neither a fun game, a funny game, nor even a very well designed game. I've wanted to get that off my chest for a while.

You are right and I will back you up on this.

Remember back when adults would still get drunk and play actual Apples to Apples? It was great because there was a little thing called innuendo that existed back then, and its use was subtle and hilarious, but then Cards Against Humanity came along and it was like your little brother butting into the game and going "I get innuendo too! 'What is your biggest fear?' SUCKIN A DICK AFTER ANAL LOL! That's WAY funnier than whatever gay baby poo poo you guys were gonna play for that!!"

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

kinmik posted:

I like the "Speedy Weeknight Dinners" in big, bold text accompanied by a cover picture of macarons in the back there.

I think all QFCs in Seattle do this. The one I used to live by had a squeaky frog.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
This one time over at Jayden's we played Cards Against Humanity and he said "The Best Thing About The Holocaust" was "All The Jews Died" and I laughed so hard I spilled my wine cooler

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

CaptBushido posted:

You are right and I will back you up on this.

Remember back when adults would still get drunk and play actual Apples to Apples? It was great because there was a little thing called innuendo that existed back then, and its use was subtle and hilarious, but then Cards Against Humanity came along and it was like your little brother butting into the game and going "I get innuendo too! 'What is your biggest fear?' SUCKIN A DICK AFTER ANAL LOL! That's WAY funnier than whatever gay baby poo poo you guys were gonna play for that!!"

You can't cull your friends with Apples to Apples, therefore it's a far inferior game.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Apples to Apples is the absolute most boring loving game if you get stuck playing with a bunch of people who play it literally.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This one time over at Jayden's we played Cards Against Humanity and he said "The Best Thing About The Holocaust" was "All The Jews Died" and I laughed so hard I spilled my wine cooler

I once got to play on the step 1, step 2, step 3: profit card:
Step 1: The Three Fifths Compromise
Step 2: The Trail of Tears
Step 3: Profit

I was so damned proud of myself, none of my (fellow Canadian) friends knew what either of those things were, which was sad on two levels.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
Goons: Self-declaring intellectual superiority by telling other people their hobbies are dumb since 1999.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Apples to Apples is the absolute most boring loving game if you get stuck playing with a bunch of people who play it literally.

There's always one of them in a group.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
You can improve both games by using the green cards from Apples to Apples and the white cards from CAH :shrug:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I played once with a group split between people who played it literally and people who played it right. It was the most infuriating thing.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Bomrek posted:

You can improve both games by using the green cards from Apples to Apples and the white cards from CAH :shrug:

I played once with a group split between people who played it literally and people who played it right. It was the most infuriating thing.

They're both for people incapable of creating interesting conversation without assistance. That game like telephone, but with drawings is endlessly more fun, but hardly marketable. Catchphrase, the other charades style games, and the fake definitions one are also cool because they punish the creatively bereft.

Here's an old one from this same thread, for newcomers.

Grassy Knowles has a new favorite as of 03:03 on Aug 1, 2014

lamey_whinehouse
Jul 5, 2007

by Smythe

Kaizoku posted:

They're both for people incapable of creating interesting conversation without assistance. That game like telephone, but with drawings is endlessly more fun, but hardly marketable. Catchphrase, the other charades style games, and the fake definitions one are also cool because they punish the creatively bereft.

I dunno, some of us just like having tipsy fun with friends while we're pre-gaming before we actually leave our house and CAH helps break the ice with anyone new in the group.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

This seems to be good enough

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Zazi posted:

gonna get all fun police here but Cards Against Humanity is neither a fun game, a funny game, nor even a very well designed game. I've wanted to get that off my chest for a while.

Gonna second this. It quickly turns into a game of people trying too hard to be funny.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Len posted:

Gonna second this. It quickly turns into a game of people trying too hard to be funny.

I'm sorry you have bad friends.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mr E posted:

I'm sorry you have bad friends.

I really do.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
Does anyone remember/have a picture that was floating around a few years ago of a really swole, beareded, Dennis Quaid lookalike?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

lamey_whinehouse posted:

I dunno, some of us just like having tipsy fun with friends while we're pre-gaming before we actually leave our house and CAH helps break the ice with anyone new in the group.

Catchphrase and the others I mentioned will tell you more about each other quicker, as the more open nature of such games as opposed to selecting one of many canned responses requires the individual to create their own. There are worse games, and I'm not going to

lamey_whinehouse posted:

i'm not against inconsequential fun, and I'm not going to leave a party because these games come out or anything. I'm just saying you can have as much if not more fun with less resources, and you don't have to continually buy new packs of content to keep them fresh.

Exquisite Corpse is the name of the game I was referring to earlier.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ItheWelp87 posted:

Does anyone remember/have a picture that was floating around a few years ago of a really swole, beareded, Dennis Quaid lookalike?

Was looking & found this instead

:tipshat:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Reminds me of the story my GF likes to tell about how she won a game of Apples to Apples when her dad laid down "Things that are annoying" and she played "Anne Frank".

Len posted:

There are 3 types of CAH players. Those that are like this, those that just lay down anything and create confusing non-sequiturs (play long enough or with a big enough group and every game becomes this) and the rare people who actually use it for its ice-breaking purpose and are chill about games. Guess which group is the only fun one.

Last May I went to a general-geek themed convention, and one of the events the board game people put on was what they claimed was to be "the world's biggest CAH game". Every person I knew was basically "Oh, that could be fu--wait that sounds like a terrible idea." When it was actually time for it, there were lines of people heading in, with people holding the Bigger Blacker Box over their heads like they thought they were King Nerd. :jerkbag:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Was looking & found this instead

:tipshat:

Wow dennis quiad is in better shape than i would have thought

quote:

cards against humanity

Can't we all just agree that pictures of "great" cards against humanity combinations aren't that funny

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Probably funnier when you're drunk.
Anyway...

"Eat my MMPPHH!"

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

Probably funnier when you're drunk.
Anyway...

No one plays that game sober. No one cool anyways.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

What the Christ. I live across the street from that office. What hilarious context is this?

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Two Midgets making GBS threads into a Bucket is the Black Lotus of Cards Against Humanity.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Pleads posted:

What the Christ. I live across the street from that office. What hilarious context is this?

Friend of mine posted it on Facebook. Or rather, an article that had that as the thumbnail. He's a gun guy, and I have no problem with that, but the picture is a riot and I'm still not convinced it's not a joke.

is the steak platter at the place next door any good?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The problem with Cards Against Humanity is that it's a good, solid, idea pretty well ruined by poor execution. At least half the cards just straight up are not funny, and at least as many of the black set-up cards are equally garbage. A good game idea ruined by being written by profoundly unfunny people.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I just wanted to let you all know that the thing you like is garbage because I'm not having fun with it, and neither should you.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Cards Against Humanity is the ultimate you-had-to-be-there. They aren't funny in a vacuum.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Pleads posted:

Whats up fellow Islander goon :hfive: I am guessing they are just trying to be wacky. At my gf's works Christmas banquets, her company always makes videos with employee's trying to be "zany". They likely work at that office and are just trying to have goofy fun too.

cowboythreespeech posted:

Friend of mine posted it on Facebook. Or rather, an article that had that as the thumbnail. He's a gun guy, and I have no problem with that, but the picture is a riot and I'm still not convinced it's not a joke.

is the steak platter at the place next door any good?

I am not sure how that can't be a joke, but Islanders aren't much for their guns, at least in my experience anyways. I've known very few people with guns.

I never ate at Yogi's, though i know Hunters Ale House has awesome steak, a bit pricey, as good steak tends to be.

content
nsfw for deformed medieval boob.
:nsfw: http://imgur.com/KhtLth8 :nsfw:

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

And More posted:

I just wanted to let you all know that the thing you like is garbage because I'm not having fun with it, and neither should you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
This is making the rounds this morning: China is reportedly selling peaches with little panties on 'em.

• Locked thread