Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Anyone ever play multiplayer on Red Faction: Guerrilla?

no it's really dead by now

Everyone should get Guerrilla AND Armageddon. Guerrilla for the space rear end in a top hat needs, Armageddon for the loving awesome action game that it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

That Red Faction bundle is an absolute steal.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Didn't Guerilla have GFWL? I'm tempted to pick it up, but I doubt I'll get around to it any time soon and I don't want to find it broken.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Is the Qube in the Humble Bundle the director's cut?

Does the regular one become the director's cut?

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

MooCowlian posted:

Didn't Guerilla have GFWL? I'm tempted to pick it up, but I doubt I'll get around to it any time soon and I don't want to find it broken.

It did. I'm not sure if Nordic removed it or not, but it should still work regardless, as MS didn't actually shut down the GFWL service.

I do know that Volition QA members still regularly play RFG multiplayer on break.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You can still find RFG games at bizarre hours and have been able to for years.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Does RFG still prevent you from saving after using the cheat codes it gives you? Dumbest poo poo for a SP game.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Occultatio posted:

Btw QUBE is really, really excellent and worth getting the $1 tier for all on its own. It is an astonishingly elegantly-designed first-person puzzle game with light platforming elements, and the difficulty curve is so well-balanced that you will feel like a loving genius multiple points without ever getting really frustrated. Seriously you should buy and play it if you haven't; I would hold it up alongside Portal and Braid as one of the best examples of puzzle design in videogames.

What's the difference between QUBE and QUBE Director's Cut? I have both for some reason.

e: Had them both before this bundle.

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 1, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yo, how's Orcs Must Die 2? I see it's on sale. Fun 2 player co-op game to play with someone who's bad at games? Should I get the complete pack? I have sanctum but still haven't gotten around to playing it (steam.txt)

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone else getting "Steam is currently unavailable." when they try to log in?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Stuntman posted:

Yes.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Stuntman posted:

Yes.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Stuntman posted:

Yep

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Well Octodad is a success with the kids. I was trying to mow my law when all of a sudden the lawnmower took off into outerspace. I was wondering what happened when my 4 year old said it was back in the shed! I started laughing when he then asked if it was supposed to do that. I didn't have an answer for him.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kakesu posted:

It did. I'm not sure if Nordic removed it or not, but it should still work regardless, as MS didn't actually shut down the GFWL service.

Nordic discussed removing GFWL but then suddenly went silent on the issue so it's unlikely to be removed.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PC Gamer giving out keys again, this time for all 5 games they previously gave away:

SpaceChem
Gun Monkeys
Dino D-Day
Really Big Sky
GTR Evolution

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/31/free-steam-key/

Remote User
Nov 17, 2003

Hope deleted.

MooCowlian posted:

Seconding that Guerrilla works despite GFWL, I have zero issues. Also, it's way worth 2 bucks.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Nordic discussed removing GFWL but then suddenly went silent on the issue so it's unlikely to be removed.

GFWL is "back" for some reason anyway because MS is getting cold feet over shutting it down or something.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I had way more fun with Guerrilla than I ever did with Just Cause 2, the destruction is just better.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Christoff posted:

Yo, how's Orcs Must Die 2? I see it's on sale. Fun 2 player co-op game to play with someone who's bad at games? Should I get the complete pack? I have sanctum but still haven't gotten around to playing it (steam.txt)

Yes, it's some fun tower defence, especially in co-oop - although it's worth it to go through the SP campaign a bit just to see what the different traps and weapons do. The DLC adds some fun maps and weapons. I also made a dumb mod that lets you cheat cheat cheat, should you get bored with the base game.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Movac posted:

Not sure what problems people had with the controls; it seems like an ordinary third-person shooter to me. There's one turret segment late in the game where the mouse sensitivity is absurdly low, but I just picked up my gamepad for that.

I had problems with the mouse controls, they felt very floaty and off so I switched to using my gamepad which I almost never prefer for aiming. But it goes to show how good the game is that it's still ridiculously good even with floaty controls.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Seems like Steam will soon be blessed with a pigeon dating simulator:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/31/hatoful-boyfriend-the-pigeon-dating-sim-takes-flight-in-august/

I read about this game years ago, I might check it out because the concept is so weird.

Znae
Aug 13, 2009

Eviscerating that man on the operating table isn't that big a deal, just go back to medical school real quick and give it another shot.
I lose my connection to steam quite a bit, and whenever that happens the friends list closes and doesn't come back. There a fix to make it so the friends list window either doesn't close or will reopen upon reconnecting?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm getting these little bursts of lag in Trails in the Sky, and it started after I set the game to run in windowed mode. Anyone else have this happen? I tried turning down the textures but it still happens.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Kamrat posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/31/hatoful-boyfriend-the-pigeon-dating-sim-takes-flight-in-august/

I read about this game years ago, I might check it out because the concept is so weird.

I like the idea of a dating sim game where the goal isn't sex. Or is it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I like the idea of a dating sim game where the goal isn't sex. Or is it?
The genre you're looking for is called otome, and there's about seven hundred for the PSP.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Lone Goat posted:

What's the difference between QUBE and QUBE Director's Cut? I have both for some reason.

e: Had them both before this bundle.

The Director's Cut is a version with a new music score and voice acting between levels to tell a story; the original didn't really have much in the way of story. It also cuts out the hardest puzzle in the game (frustratingly hard, not power-through-you-pansy hard) and adds a new secret puzzle. It's nothing special, but if you haven't played the original version, you could consider Director's Cut the "definitive" version.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Endorph posted:

The genre you're looking for is called otome, and there's about seven hundred for the PSP.

Well I googled otome and got about a thousand pictures of anime titties so I don't think you really know what I was going for. I was thinking something more lighthearted like Persona 3/4.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That's a dating sim on the side, it's a JRPG at heart.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Well I googled otome and got about a thousand pictures of anime titties so I don't think you really know what I was going for. I was thinking something more lighthearted like Persona 3/4.

That is what happens when a genre name is also a common anime girl's name.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Kamrat posted:

Try Not To Fart ended up being surprisingly compelling, so sure why not, Pigeon Dating Sim. Let's go.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

KoldPT posted:

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/493754149973286912

The Dynasty Warriors 8 XL CE DLC (god that's a mouthful) is coming to Steam! Now you can, too, look like this:

You left out Zhang Jiao being himself.

There are a ton of DLC for the base game and for XL. Now that Empires is finally announced, another shitload of DLC will be made.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I did the very beginning of Binary Domain tonight. My only real comment so far is that it seems like the mic picks up every little noise. I constantly hear Bo go "What? Huh? Can't talk right now!" even though I turned the threshold way up. I'm using a headset btw. Not sure what that's about.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

So I did the very beginning of Binary Domain tonight. My only real comment so far is that it seems like the mic picks up every little noise. I constantly hear Bo go "What? Huh? Can't talk right now!" even though I turned the threshold way up. I'm using a headset btw. Not sure what that's about.

Just turn off voice recognition. It adds absolutely nothing.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah turn off voice recognition. It's seriously dumb.

I mean it's kind of a cool idea, and I get what they had tried to do and were going for, but the technology isn't there yet and probably won't be cost-effectively there for another 10 years--probably much longer. And the stupid part is they somehow didn't realize this and just axe the whole thing which shows kinda poor project management. poo poo, even Siri sucks rear end and that had Apple throwing a ton of money and weight at it.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

PantsBandit posted:

It is a feature that would be awesome if it weren't, sadly, broken. Fortunately, it's more of an immerse feature than a necessary one. Just turn it off and give button-based commands the old fashioned way and enjoy.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
If anyone else is ever going nuts trying to get Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic to run without instantly crashing, and nothing else will work, add it to the exceptions list for Data Execution Prevention in your Windows System Settings.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Man, there sure are a lot of people on the Steam forums mad about Sacred 3. :stare:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

iastudent posted:

Man, there sure are a lot of people on the Steam forums mad about Sacred 3. :stare:

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

So if you've played Sacred 2, or any ARPG really, think about what defines the experiences of that genre for you. Randomized, awesome loot. A character progression system through both loot and skill upgrades. Many different play experiences with each of the different classes in a game. A fair amount of (within a somewhat linear framework) exploratory freedom.

Now remove all of that.

• Locked thread