Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The TGCS folks doing improv together is pretty great. Although it would've been a perfect opportunity to have Alyssa on. :o: I'm pretty sure she was at DCM. She's very new to improv but I still think it would have been fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I was wondering how to get my roommate (big Adam Scott fan, hates U2) into You Talkin' U2 to Me? and I think this is pretty much perfect.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

tnimark posted:

So according to Twitter, PFT recorded an episode of I4H today.
oh gently caress yeah

I always wondered how this of all things is the one podcast he's never done.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Actual UCB improv is some dumb sort of magic that you have to go to school for and I think he's talked about how difficult and scary he's found doing it for that Ben Schwartz thing where they get people to hazard it anyway.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

You know how magazine ads for booze sometimes go the route of "interviewing" a rising country act or mixtape rapper to get their thoughts on inspiration and creativity and blah blah?

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 1, 2014

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

The TGCS folks doing improv together is pretty great. Although it would've been a perfect opportunity to have Alyssa on. :o: I'm pretty sure she was at DCM. She's very new to improv but I still think it would have been fun.

Shannon oneill is my favorite improviser, she used to come to chucktown every year for the comedy festival but it's been a while so I'm glad to hear her

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

You know how magazine ads for booze sometimes go the route of "interviewing" a rising country act or mixtape rapper to get their thoughts on inspiration and creativity and blah blah?

Harris is my favorite.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Check out Sarah Silverman's Bedwetter book for a picture of Harris's cock with Chelsea's hairclip wrapped around it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mob posted:

Check out Sarah Silverman's Bedwetter book for a picture of Harris's cock with Chelsea's hairclip wrapped around it.
It was nice of Harris to let Sarah publish a bunch of writings around a picture of his dick.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
The first time I even heard about Harris was that episode where he was on with Sarah and they brought up the cock clip picture. Weird way to learn about a person.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Looks like By The Way with Jeff Garlin is coming back. There's an episode with Steven Soderberg (!!!) scheduled for Largo this month.

Unless he's been doing them but not recording them...

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I like that in the ad for Earwolf shows, all Matt Besser said about Totally Laime was, "What about Totally Laime?"

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
This whole musicians on comedy podcasts thing has finally paid off for me. I'm a huge fan of Chris Farren.

One of his bands has song that is tangentially related to another beloved Earwolf podcast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o2JvXxLMyo

tnimark fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 8, 2014

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Jerry Ferrara is on today's Sklarbro Country. Blue Turtlin' is closer than you guys think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4o3p3dA4Mo

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm only just now getting around to listening to YTU2TM after those recent animations, and wow did I completely misjudge this show from the beginning. I listened to the first episode awhile back, and it was way too U2 for me, but everything since then has been great. I just want PFT in the background of all of them.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

SpacePig posted:

I'm only just now getting around to listening to YTU2TM after those recent animations, and wow did I completely misjudge this show from the beginning. I listened to the first episode awhile back, and it was way too U2 for me, but everything since then has been great. I just want PFT in the background of all of them.

It's pretty hardcore about U2, they even know the names of the band members.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's weird being excited for an album from a band I don't care about because it means there'll be a new episode of a podcast

But I just googled U2 though and saw some article from a couple of days ago saying the album is delayed until 2015 so

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Well Adam Scott Aukerman vowed to do more in the fall, we'll see if that actually happens or not.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beeez posted:

Well Adam Scott Aukerman vowed to do more in the fall, we'll see if that actually happens or not.

They could easily redo episode 1 as 3 separate episodes with significantly more dicking around.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Eltoasto posted:

It's pretty hardcore about U2, they even know the names of the band members.

I hadn't heard of this U2 band before this podcast, but by the end of the first episode, I had. Bo No, Thedge, Larry Clayton Jr., Adam Mullen. Those are the members.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

There's a new Wolf Den episode up, featuring Hot Saucerman himself:

http://www.earwolf.com/show/wolf-den/

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Jeff mentions in that ep that he (can't remember if it was with Midroll or Earwolf) made his first million dollar offer for a podcast recently (at the time of the taping). I wonder what that was.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Crazy how Jerry Minor was almost the third co-founder of Earwolf AND was going to be the only one putting in money to start it. I imagine him running it like his character in Delocated.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Crazy how Jerry Minor was almost the third co-founder of Earwolf AND was going to be the only one putting in money to start it. I imagine him running it like his character in Delocated.
Hahah I loved that. I can imagine how crazy that would've sounded 5 years ago. "Ya, you know I thought about actually writing you a check to make a bunch of podcasts... and it seems kinda risky"

I really liked hearing Jeff and Scott as bosses. That idea of having professional standards, and "this shouldn't rise up to me" is so true. And how it really is interesting to be that one stop shop for podcasts, where comedians can just come and have this venue, utilize those resources.

And Jeff really sounded quite anxious about the future, as much as he tried to be excited about the prospect. I can't imagine how scary that'd be, not being there every day, not tending to your baby. It was a great episodes and I'm appreciative to have heard it.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

http://paulftompkins.com/post/94224405369/radiofreeagent-on-snls-facebook-and-instagram

I don't have either of those things so yall should go vote or whatever (is it even a vote) for me.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
MYOOZICAL GUEST

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beeez posted:

MYOOZICAL GUEST

I heard this perfectly in my head

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

I heard this perfectly in my head

If you didn't say it out loud at least once I don't understand you at all.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

They're not going to beat George Takei. This has been his endgame all along.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Beeez posted:

MYOOZICAL GWEST

A TRIBE CALLED KEST

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The winning UTU2tM shirt design has been revealed. I preferred the marquee.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Devonaut posted:

There's a new Wolf Den episode up, featuring Hot Saucerman himself:

http://www.earwolf.com/show/wolf-den/

Hi everyone - I wanted to stop by and say thank you for everything. Over the past few years I've been able to come here and read how people really feel about what we do - what you like and don't like - and have been able to participate and engage when it made sense. You made me feel welcome and I appreciate that very much.

I'm really excited for Earwolf's future, there is a ton of new stuff being worked on right now, and I'm sure I'll check back in later to see how you all feel about things.

In the meantime, enjoy HH and I4H, go easy on Fogelnest and prepare for some changes. Adam and the rest of the team are hard at work right now to keep pushing the envelope on things.

And in case anyone is wondering, I'm already bored as hell.

Best,
Jeff

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jeffullrich posted:

Hi everyone - I wanted to stop by and say thank you for everything. Over the past few years I've been able to come here and read how people really feel about what we do - what you like and don't like - and have been able to participate and engage when it made sense. You made me feel welcome and I appreciate that very much.

I'm really excited for Earwolf's future, there is a ton of new stuff being worked on right now, and I'm sure I'll check back in later to see how you all feel about things.

In the meantime, enjoy HH and I4H, go easy on Fogelnest and prepare for some changes. Adam and the rest of the team are hard at work right now to keep pushing the envelope on things.

Best,
Jeff

Thanks for everything Jeff. You and Scott and everyone else have created something pretty special. And also, Hollywood Handbook.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Thanks Jeff, all the best!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

JethroMcB posted:

The winning UTU2tM shirt design has been revealed. I preferred the marquee.

Honestly, my least favorite design of the bunch

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

jeffullrich posted:

You are truly an inspiration. I can't imagine how hard it is to switch gears like that (do you have to fight the urge to react to every email beep on your phone?), but you have to be super proud of everything you did, and know that you're gonna go on to do even more amazing things. Just know that I am supper appreciative of what you were able to facilitate, and that earwolf has brought a whole lot of joy to my life. (And that it's so cool that you're so accessible and hang with us plebs)

I mean, I am sitting here reading the UCB Improv Manual because you gave Matt Besser, one of the dudes who shaped my whole comedic outlook, a venue for me to hear him again, just soak in his brilliance every week, and to stay connected with contemporary comedy and find all these amazing comedians. Earwolf is like finding a record label you really love, you just know there's a standard of quality there, something you vibe with, and that you'll probably enjoy whatever they're putting up.

soggybagel posted:

But it plays off the most iconic catchprhase, but it is kinda lame. I thought #2, blue turtling was the best balance of joke to design.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 10, 2014

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

soggybagel posted:

yeah, this is not a good, uh, podcast tshirt

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
it's basically the only one that remotely works as a standalone shirt. All of the other ones would make you look like an insane person.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

anotherone posted:

it's basically the only one that remotely works as a standalone shirt. All of the other ones would make you look like an insane person.

Why is that an issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012

anotherone posted:

Yeah, this is what I was thinking too.