Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Snow Halation posted:

I order most of my merch from amazon.co.jp and AmiAmi (AmiAmi is best for pre-orders.) They charge in yen and have good discounts.

I'll have to remember this next time I order some merch. I just checked on Amazon and I got swindled by J-list, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anyone who like Sailor Jupiter gains honorary friend status to me. Best girl, forever.:swoon:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

aers posted:

Honestly I wouldn't import the figuarts from anywhere, since they come out a month later in the west (Amazon's pre-order is like $40, compared to j-list's $55 on the import), and waiting a month never hurt anyone.

That's usually the case, though Sailor Moon ended up coming to the US two months after her Japan release, and I didn't want to wait till August for Jupiter as I already have too much poo poo ordered in August and her Japanese release date coincided with my birthday (Though she arrived about two days after since mail doesn't come on Sundays obviously.) Couldn't pass that up.

I paid about $45 total though including shipping, but I bought her from Nippon-Yassan as HLJ and Hobby Search were way sold out and AmiAmi hasn't stocked any of the Senshi for the international store, probably so they don't cut in on Bluefin or any of the other Tamashii Nations distributors.

Anyway as long as we're posting pictures here's my inner senshi set with a few other things strewn about.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty bad at posing and taking pictures.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Snow Halation posted:

I order most of my merch from amazon.co.jp and AmiAmi (AmiAmi is best for pre-orders.) They charge in yen and have good discounts.

How are you able to order from amazon.co.jp or AmiAmi? Every time I check Amazon Japan keeps telling me it won't ship to the states and AmiAmi English page flat out doesn't list them but their Japanese page does.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Revolver Bunker posted:

How are you able to order from amazon.co.jp or AmiAmi? Every time I check Amazon Japan keeps telling me it won't ship to the states and AmiAmi English page flat out doesn't list them but their Japanese page does.

Amiami refuses to list the Senshi on the english page on Bandai's request as to not cut in on the regional distributors. It makes sense since they're the most popular site for ordering figures and such. For them just buy off of Amazon in the US or from a different site, if you have Amazon prime it'd be cheaper to buy them off Amazon though.

Amazon.co.jp on the other hand, gotta use a middleman service. It costs more.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 31, 2014

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Revolver Bunker posted:

I didn't buy these particular figures through them, but I though I'd recommend stores that I've had good experiences with. Just for future reference.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty bad at posing and taking pictures.

All the girls have a unique pose at the end of their transformation sequence. Just throwing that out there.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

All the girls have a unique pose at the end of their transformation sequence. Just throwing that out there.

Thats true, but its also something probably everybody does. I imagine when I next get bored of those poses I'll repose everybody and fight with the stands some more.

Anyway, the Moon Pride single is out on iTunes for those not wanting to fork over lots of money for a CD and are willing to put up with iTunes.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 31, 2014

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The Death Busters in season 3 are so fun. All the other villains always act so gloomy about hailing Satan or whatever while Doctor Tomoe just loves his job so much. I also love how the German dub suddenly forgets that Haruka isn't a dude, especially when every other episode in the first half of season 3 was "no, you can't crush on Haruka, she's a girl!"

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I'm honestly going to be disappointed if they don't give Eugeal the presence she had in the original series.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

GimmickMan posted:

I'm honestly going to be disappointed if they don't give Eugeal the presence she had in the original series.

Do you mean in Crystal? There's no indication yet whether Crystal will have more than one season, or tackle anything beyond the original Dark Kingdom arc. Maybe if it's a big success they'll continue, but on the other hand they may say 'There, we did our big celebration of twenty years of Sailor Moon (like two years late), we're done.'
And that's coming from someone who absolutely loves Eudial and wants to resurrect both her and Nephrite to start a kind of Red-Headed League of Awesome Villainy. I think they would get along; they were both the most effective member of their respective teams before something beyond their control went wrong, they both love Gothic architecture, and they both drive like loving maniacs.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

More importantly, what's the Japanese Twitter/Pixiv watch got so far? I'd imagine more than a few prominent artists are watching themselves some Crystal right now.

phongn
Oct 21, 2006

Rodyle posted:

More importantly, what's the Japanese Twitter/Pixiv watch got so far? I'd imagine more than a few prominent artists are watching themselves some Crystal right now.
Here's one.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

You can get a pretty good pulse in the Sailor Moon tags' home page on Pixiv with the weekly top three. Note that latest illustrations are placed further down the page and will probably have some slight :nws: content, which it currently does at the moment.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Tomorrow is the clincher. If Zoicite dies, we're in for Nemisis at least (Making for a JJBA situation). If not, this is another go around for the Dark Kingdom arc.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 1, 2014

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I don't know why Zoicite would die seeing as he's not been introduced yet.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

ConanThe3rd posted:

Tomorrow is the clincher. If Zoicite dies, we're in for Nemisis at least (Making for a JJBA situation). If not, this is another go around for the Dark Kingdom arc.

I'm assuming you mean if Jadeite bites the dust. I think we'll be in for some fine immolation tomorrow.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I don't know why Zoicite would die seeing as he's not been introduced yet.

I gaffed, my bad. I meant Jedite.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Dove from Above posted:

Do you mean in Crystal? There's no indication yet whether Crystal will have more than one season, or tackle anything beyond the original Dark Kingdom arc. Maybe if it's a big success they'll continue, but on the other hand they may say 'There, we did our big celebration of twenty years of Sailor Moon (like two years late), we're done.'
And that's coming from someone who absolutely loves Eudial and wants to resurrect both her and Nephrite to start a kind of Red-Headed League of Awesome Villainy. I think they would get along; they were both the most effective member of their respective teams before something beyond their control went wrong, they both love Gothic architecture, and they both drive like loving maniacs.

I just looked it up and apparently her name is Eudeal except that lots of dubs and subs call her Eugeal. Consistency!

I am kind of taking it for granted that they will eventually animate the rest of the series. The outer senshi were always really popular and the Dark Kingdom is rather cliched, it doesn't make sense to me to only go that far if you want a new generation of fans. But then again japanese animation studios have done weirder things with their brands.

It'll probably take another two years to get there though, that's for sure.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

I found some adorable fanart on Pixiv. :3:

Here's some awesome Senshi fanart

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 1, 2014

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

GimmickMan posted:

I just looked it up and apparently her name is Eudeal except that lots of dubs and subs call her Eugeal. Consistency!

It's because the katakana used to spell out her name don't have an exact equivalent for the 'di' sound and Takeuchi had to settle for 'ji.' She's named after the mineral eudialyte,, so 'Eudial' is the most accurate way to romanise her name.

quote:

I am kind of taking it for granted that they will eventually animate the rest of the series. The outer senshi were always really popular and the Dark Kingdom is rather cliched, it doesn't make sense to me to only go that far if you want a new generation of fans. But then again japanese animation studios have done weirder things with their brands.

It'll probably take another two years to get there though, that's for sure.

Well, there's precedent for only doing the Dark Kingdom arc with Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, and that even got cut by two episodes at the end of its run so the conclusion feels really rushed and obviously has bits missing (like any resolution to the relationship between Nephrite and Ami). PGSM rather cleverly transposed the Outer Senshi's role onto Sailor Venus, and created Sailor Luna to take the place of Sailor Chibi-Moon.

I get the impression that 'a new generation of fans' is not a high priority. Interviews I've read with the director emphasise how much he wants to appeal to the original fans who are adults now.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Dove from Above posted:

It's because the katakana used to spell out her name don't have an exact equivalent for the 'di' sound and Takeuchi had to settle for 'ji.' She's named after the mineral eudialyte,, so 'Eudial' is the most accurate way to romanise her name.

Huh, I wondered where the heck "Eugeal" came from! I guess it's the same place as Nephlyte. I never considered that they used ヂ, I thought ヂィ would be used for that kind of sound.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Dove from Above posted:

(like any resolution to the relationship between Nephrite and Ami)

That reminds me that the four generals are interpreted to be the lovers of the inners during the Moon Kingdom. I only really remember that Kunzite was with Venus and can't remember the others.

Actually I really hope we get a full anime based on the manga, I'd love to see a SuperS anime arc that's actually good, and on top of that I really want to see human Artemis doing things too.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Twelve by Pies posted:

That reminds me that the four generals are interpreted to be the lovers of the inners during the Moon Kingdom. I only really remember that Kunzite was with Venus and can't remember the others.

Actually I really hope we get a full anime based on the manga, I'd love to see a SuperS anime arc that's actually good, and on top of that I really want to see human Artemis doing things too.

There are a few pictures from art-books and the like with the generals and the senshi paired up. For instance:

I feel like maybe there's at least one other picture, maybe showing them in a Moon Kingdom era, or something. Anyway, those are the pairings.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

XboxPants posted:

There are a few pictures from art-books and the like with the generals and the senshi paired up. For instance:

I feel like maybe there's at least one other picture, maybe showing them in a Moon Kingdom era, or something. Anyway, those are the pairings.

There's just that one picture, as far as I can remember. The only relationship that's actually explored within the manga - both Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon and Code Name Sailor V - is Kunzite and Venus. In the SilMil, she had a little thing for him, but felt constrained from acting on it by her duty as the leader of the princess' guardians. (The princess herself felt no such compunction, went ahead with her romance with the prince of Earth, and inadvertently doomed them all.) As her opposite number within Endymion's honour guard, Kunzite understood the whole duty-and-worry-about-the-precious-one thing, but didn't understand or return her romantic feelings. The whole thing loops around when, at the climax of the Sailor V manga (which was written in fits and starts alongside the Sailor Moon manga, rather than being completed before it), Kaitou Ace/Danburite tells her that her curse is that she will never have true love because she'll always choose her duty, and she's like 'whatever loser my duty is worth it, Venus out.'

As for the others, the only special connection Mars and Jupiter have with Jadeite and Nephrite is that they kill them with extreme magical prejudice. Zoisite's just kinda... there, he hadn't been introduced when Mercury popped up.
But he does go on TV in disguise as a woman wearing little handbags for earrings, so there's that.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Rei saw right through Usagi's disguise. :allears:

This was an all-around great episode. Pretty fitting, considering Sailor Mars is objectively the best Senshi of them all.

This picture fills me with so much pure-hearted glee that my cheeks hurt from smiling. I can't wait until we get a Cardcaptor Sakura reboot in about 7 years or so! :swoon:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Command Ant posted:

Rei saw right through Usagi's disguise. :allears:

This was an all-around great episode. Pretty fitting, considering Sailor Mars is objectively the best Senshi of them all.

This picture fills me with so much pure-hearted glee that my cheeks hurt from smiling. I can't wait until we get a Cardcaptor Sakura reboot in about 7 years or so! :swoon:

wow, i can't believe that someone on this earth can have such poo poo tier taste in senshi

truly the hearts of men are vile and corrupt

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Command Ant posted:

I kind of hope it doesn't happen, because even though I'd like an adaptation that doesn't drop a huge neat plot point from the manga, they'd probably pull a Chrono Trigger DS and feel obligated to throw in references to what happens in the backstory of Tsubasa and xxxHolic.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 2, 2014

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Smoking Crow posted:

wow, i can't believe that someone on this earth can have such poo poo tier taste in senshi

truly the hearts of men are vile and corrupt

Everyone knows Jupiter is the actual best.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

SpazmasterX posted:

I'm sorry but you seem to have spelled "Mercury" incorrectly there.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Why is everyone having trouble spelling "Venus." V E N U S, five letters, not all that hard.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jupiter is the best

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

You know, having never read the original manga, I really like mature Rei over the one from the previous anime.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

atomicgeek posted:

Why is everyone having trouble spelling "Venus." V E N U S, five letters, not all that hard.

Exactly, J U P I T E R. Seven letters.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

Smoking Crow posted:

Jupiter is the best

These guys got it right.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Sadly, the answer isn't as simple as y'all are implying. Venus is the best in the original anime, but she's not nearly as fun in the manga and therefore, presumably, won't be in Crystal. Mercury is the best in PGSM, where she's given more time to shine.

I think I like Jupiter the best in the manga, but I have no strong feelings; I'll let y'all figure this one out.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The subtitles are still pretty bad, but now I find that they're kind of charming in how awful they are. Rascal, Sailor Mars! is my new favorite line. :allears:

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Exactly, J U P I T E R. Seven letters.

Guys. Guys. M E R C U R Y. Simple.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Snorb posted:

Guys. Guys. M E R C U R Y. Simple.

That's not how you spell Jupiter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looks like Jadeite escaped here. This likely means how the show will go down will be different.

• Locked thread