Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chronojam posted:

The quality control was so bad, sometimes characters would talk and another character's voice would come out.

Also poor Captain Lou often looks and sounds like he has only the vaguest idea where he is and is confused by the strange clothing he has on while his guest stars wince visibly at the bad jokes that they have to make.

The point in the closing dance where he trips and they use the take anyway should be an assist trophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

RC Cola posted:

So what has been announced since pacman? Anyone or anything interesting?

Lucina, Robin, Falcon.

So basically all great stuff on par with the Pac.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

King Dedede still in SSS Rank expression tier.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Cook posted:

i think sonic's just broken his ankle

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Suspicious Cook posted:

His majesty's having a heart attack.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Pictured: Rosalina's Final Smash not hitting fuckin anybody because it sucks

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
Rosalina's final smash is less about killing and more about controlling space so that Rosalina can kill people easier

(It still sucks though)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Excels posted:

Pictured: Rosalina's Final Smash not hitting fuckin anybody because it sucks

It's seriously terrible, which is a shame since it looks cute.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Rosalina's final smash is less about killing and more about controlling space so that Rosalina can kill people easier

(It still sucks though)

DK's might be interesting if he wasn't pinned to the center of it himself. It's weird how they'll get rid of Kirby's cooking pot but they'll give DK the same lovely smash for a second game, as if the first time it was marginally useful in any situation ever.

e: Is Olimar's Final Smash avoidable at all or is its level of screen saturation balanced by it not being as strong as a single-target smash?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

whalestory posted:

Does anyone wanna talk about the strategic implications of the edge-hogging changes? Does anyone ever want to talk about that sort of thing ever.. please.. my lord i want some more

It's good. It means that if you hit someone with an attack that's not powerful enough to KO them, in order to stop them from recovering, rather than going for the ledge, you have to intercept them, either on the ground where they land or in the air before they get to you. The defending player has the choice of whether to intercept the recovering player and how, and the recovering player has the choice of whether to try to land on the platform or just go for the ledge, where they have different capabilities. It makes the game more interesting to play and watch and more intuitive.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i think sonic's just broken his ankle

Nah, his feet just do weird things to make his running animation work. Pause in the middle of it and note the way his torso absorbs his legs.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Shadowlyger posted:

Nah, his feet just do weird things to make his running animation work. Pause in the middle of it and note the way his torso absorbs his legs.

Ugh, no, it's purposefully posed that way to expose his chest. It's disgusting, immoral and :words:

I honestly want this. In other news, I am a consumer whore.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Yo what if N is a newcomer, and that's why they referred to his stage as 'someone's castle'?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's no real point in being vague about it, though. It's pretty obviously N's Castle. For one, it's a castle in Pokemon. There's like only one. And then you got Reshiram there.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Yo what if N is a newcomer, and that's why they referred to his stage as 'someone's castle'?

They referred to it as "someone's castle" because the fact that its owner even has a castle is a spoiler for the game it comes from.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Can you really have spoilers in Pokemon? It's less about story and more about superpowered cock fights.

I mean, X/Y was about a bad guy who pretended to be a good guy even though he looked like Ganondorf, decided to destroy the world because that was the only way to save it from destruction, and then fired his giant space laser at himself.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

They referred to it as "someone's castle" because the fact that its owner even has a castle is a spoiler for the game it comes from.

I'm pretty sure smash bros has never been concerned all too much with spoilers.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

forbidden lesbian posted:

Source: literally every major plot twist in Mother 3, casually dropped in Brawl

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

forbidden lesbian posted:

The game itself, maybe not, but dropping casual spoilers directly onto Miiverse is just rude.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think sakurai just likes being vague and jokey

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
There's gotta be a Wario figurine, right? The wait for Wario is really killing me. Falcon fans got their character!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That marth figure kinda sucks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Countblanc posted:

That marth figure kinda sucks.

:colbert:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

What's wrong with marth?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

PantsBandit posted:

There's gotta be a Wario figurine, right? The wait for Wario is really killing me. Falcon fans got their character!

Look, you try making a mold for that rear end.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Wanna see a Falcon amiibo for his massive package

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Countblanc posted:

What's wrong with marth?

He likes Ike, obviously.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
I like the theory that Wario is going to be revealed alongside a Rhythm Heaven representative. Considering the similarities in style between that and WarioWare, it'd be by far the best way to do it.

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

KamikazePotato posted:

I like the theory that Wario is going to be revealed alongside a Rhythm Heaven representative. Considering the similarities in style between that and WarioWare, it'd be by far the best way to do it.

Several Rhythm Heaven characters appeared in the most recent Wario game as well, including the Wrestler and Chorus Kids.

Edit:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That and it's already happened

Yeah, this.

LaserBaconMan fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 1, 2014

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

He likes Ike, obviously.

Or maybe Roy's his boy.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

KamikazePotato posted:

That and it's already happened

Edit: Ignore the gamexplain thing, nabbed it off one of the first things to pop up on my youtube search.

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...
N's going to be a stage hazard. He'll appear with one of the dragons, come on to the stage, and prevent everyone from fighting for 45 seconds while he talks about how fighting is bad and how he is a hero and a king and an infallible, yet tragic character (he'll throw his broken skateboard at you in the middle of this, you have to airdodge), and why he doesn't want to hurt his friend by fighting you. He will then proceed to hurt his friend by fighting you. And when the hazard is cleared he'll get angry that you fought him. If you avoid the hazard he'll complain that you weren't fighting hard enough.

Also on this stage you can only move clockwise.

RC Cola posted:

What comic?

Brawl in the Family

Mennonites Revenge fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 1, 2014

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Geostomp posted:

Great, you just reminded me that this comic's ending. I'm sad now.

What comic?

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

It's actually because the stage is not N's castle, but the castle where you fight the Champion in Black/White/2. The game doesn't tell you who's castle it is. :ssh:
Though maybe N's castle pops up from the ground and transforms the stage.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

KamikazePotato posted:

Why? You don't want another neat combination like Captain Falcon trying to punch an FE sword user to death?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

He likes Ike, obviously.

Squallege posted:

Or maybe Roy's his boy.

This reminds me, were there any crowd chants in the Smash 4 demos? I wanna see what goofy chants are in this time around.

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So, like Angry Birds then?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Alacron posted:

So, like Angry Birds then?

Angry Birdos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Sakurai can't stop saving gaming, now he has to fix Angry Birds :allears:

• Locked thread