Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Boss Leader clearly knows in the last panel that Max is lying for her sake, given the background. :3:

Also, scrapdragon getting chompy and trying to eat Max's suit through the cage is vaguely adorable.

And yeah, something's up with that star.

I guess the question now is, will she be letting Max remember the whole of this meeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The thing that catches my eye is SOMETHING IS TOTALLY OPENING A SECRET WALL DOOR WHILE BL'S BACK IS TURNED!

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Update! And we finally exit the dream. Of course, Zach leaves me with questions. The art seems to be really focusing on BL grabbing that star. I wonder if it has some actual significance, or if it's just a red herring.

Also, the alt text is amazing.

max and boss leader giving aslan sacrilegious noogies.gif I don't get it :(

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Have you read The Chronicles of Narnia? It's a funny mental image to me.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

The thing that catches my eye is SOMETHING IS TOTALLY OPENING A SECRET WALL DOOR WHILE BL'S BACK IS TURNED!

It's like giving Jesus a noogie.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Aslan is Jesus Christ in lion form. Picture a grown woman and child grabbing the Son of God by his loincloth and giving him a wedgie.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SatansBestBuddy posted:

That's just part of the wall. We've seen it here and once or twice in the following pages. It's just a modernistic alcove, not a secret passage.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 1, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

7c Nickel posted:

Aslan is Jesus Christ in lion form. Picture a grown woman and child grabbing the Son of God by his loincloth and giving him a wedgie.

I think you have a different definition of 'noogie' to me.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

7c Nickel posted:

If you meet the Buddha in the locker room, give him a swirlie!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
So how about that author comment asking us to brace ourselves for the rest of the chapter? I thought things would calm down after the best spirit was lost forever and Max almost died and was rescued by a mysterious giant bug thing only to get flung off a train by an angry ghost snake and meet OP dream lady but apparently we're just getting started.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Chapter four contains the entire rest of the story of Paranatural. Its a really long chapter.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Fecha posted:

So how about that author comment asking us to brace ourselves for the rest of the chapter? I thought things would calm down after the best spirit was lost forever and Max almost died and was rescued by a mysterious giant bug thing only to get flung off a train by an angry ghost snake and meet OP dream lady but apparently we're just getting started.

But Forge is still around. :confused:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I wonder if BL needs to be asleep to use her dream powers. I'm vaguely wondering if, in the real world, BL is in a coma or something.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Slime posted:

I wonder if BL needs to be asleep to use her dream powers. I'm vaguely wondering if, in the real world, BL is in a coma or something.

That would explain the 'I suppose I prefer real people... a bit too much for that...' thing since it sounds like she doesn't get human contact outside her dreamwordland.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
So I assume someone has already drawn fanart of the alt text somewhere.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Might also explain the bandages. Could be a sort of Xavier thing going on.

So what's next on the agenda? Is Max going to get back on the train, or is he not catching up with the others until later?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So BL takes responsibility for the mission's sudden turn for the dangerous. So this won't blow back too much on Rick?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I wonder if the fact that Boss Leader is way more animated and weird in this appearance is due to Zach deciding to change how she is written or if she was just being professional as all hell in front of Spender and Walker.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

ProfessorProf posted:

So I assume someone has already drawn fanart of the alt text somewhere.

Probably Gigidi

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Chapter four contains the entire rest of the story of Paranatural. Its a really long chapter.

Chapter 4 Act 3 Act 1 Act 1?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

paranoid randroid posted:

I wonder if the fact that Boss Leader is way more animated and weird in this appearance is due to Zach deciding to change how she is written or if she was just being professional as all hell in front of Spender and Walker.

Barring moments like this, you mean?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
BL boss is too OP.

Hahha really great chapter.

Daww look at TimeSnake trying to eat Max's Suitsie.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 1, 2014

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Professional as all hell.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Scrapdragon is so adorable when he's just a little wispy ghost-ghost instead of a giant terrifying murderbeast :allears:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

paranoid randroid posted:

Professional as all hell.

Really, though, while Boss Leader loving with people seems like a constant, Spender and Walker definitely know the general gist of what she can do, so she doesn't need to show off around them. Max, on the other hand, she's making a first impression on, so she may as well go all-out.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Dolash posted:

So what's next on the agenda? Is Max going to get back on the train, or is he not catching up with the others until later?

I dunno, I feel like this is a pretty good setup for Max to run into Johnny & co.. Now, whether that happens within a page or so, or if we're jumping to any of the three other threads we've got hanging right now, who knows.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

how does spender know where she's looking anyway, is her head tilted or something

does it even matter which way her head is pointed when it's a formless bandage-swathed dream-mass

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Spender can feel the light reflecting off of his knees into BL eye equivalents.

So when do you guys think it'll be revealed that Starchman is a Medium and/or tool user? But instead of him/his tool being changed to be like the spirit, it went the other way around: It looks more and more like him.

The Starchman Stars are or are generated by his tool.

This of course would have no bearing on the plot whatsoever. Until it turns out that because Max has one still tucked away in his pocket, it saves him. Or giving the appearance of doing so. One character will decide to create Starchman Starmor. The results will be completely underwhelming.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Kgummy posted:

Spender can feel the light reflecting off of his knees into BL eye equivalents.

So when do you guys think it'll be revealed that Starchman is a Medium and/or tool user? But instead of him/his tool being changed to be like the spirit, it went the other way around: It looks more and more like him.

The Starchman Stars are or are generated by his tool.

This of course would have no bearing on the plot whatsoever. Until it turns out that because Max has one still tucked away in his pocket, it saves him. Or giving the appearance of doing so. One character will decide to create Starchman Starmor. The results will be completely underwhelming.

Starchman stars can be redeemed at any time to immediately summon Mr. Starchman as a guardian spirit.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

AnonSpore posted:

Starchman stars can be redeemed at any time to immediately summon Mr. Starchman as a guardian spirit.
By 'redeem', you mean 'crush in your hand like a Persona card while shouting STARCHMAN!!!'

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tupperwarez posted:

By 'redeem', you mean 'crush in your hand like a Persona card while shouting STARCHMAN!!!'
Well, obviously.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tupperwarez posted:

Ah yes...the Stand represented by the Star Arcana, Stach Platinum.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
I just realized that Boss Leader's dialogue on this page covers the spectrum of colors.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's missing black.

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011
Maybe Max covers that?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a sandwiched nerd :allears:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

There will be no escape advice, the train will just warp him around itself like it did to Spender.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Or, the train will eat Max, and he will show up inside the same car as Isabel.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
told you nerds he had the train bearing down on him

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

That train ain't warping space. That train is crashing. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Kabanaw posted:

That train ain't warping space. That train is crashing. :stare:

Oh yeah, you can actually see the track's metal rails being peeled up off of the ground in front of the ghost train. I guess it's too busy panicking to warp space.