Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Honestly whenever I've seen my parents work up the nerve to play a game they usually make the same mistakes, like never realizing that an enemy is invincible for a few seconds after you hit them. I find it far more entertaining to see someone struggle to beat a game than to see someone breeze through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Credits bro.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thanks for all the hard work and these great episodes, I really needed them this week with poo poo goin on around me, and ya'll delivered.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thanks for all the great episodes.

Super Mario Land was pretty disappointing aside from Kibe-harassment. It was short, easy and had no real interesting moments.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This was one of the best episodes I've seen in awhile. The back and forth with Kibe, the several times where someone would say not to do something and then it happens right away. Good stuff. Looking forward to the next release.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Another great episode, only the game itself was slightly lackluster. Everything else was highly entertaining. But it's Mario, so it's a-ok.

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
Sandbag your poo poo, it's a drat flood.

Releases raining so much.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Weatherman said there'd be rain all weekend here. Maybe another two more arinos?!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Credits bro.

That's what I forgot when I rewrote the post because I lost my first pass. :argh:

Translation by zari-gani, Timing by Random Stranger, Proofed by hirayuki

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

Weatherman said there'd be rain all weekend here. Maybe another two more arinos?!

Sorry guys, all completed episodes are out there now.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
*sniffle*

Just kidding, great work. Hopefully the next stretch without a new release won't be QUITE as long so our withdrawal symptoms won't get too severe.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That hammer to the head game...

I swear that I've seen it somewhere else.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

That hammer to the head game...

I swear that I've seen it somewhere else.

An older revision appeared on an earlier episode.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

An older revision appeared on an earlier episode.
Season 4, episode 28, to be exact. And it was fantastic.

mizbachevenim
Jul 13, 2002

If you fake the funk, your nose will grow
I have such an affection for all you pricks. Real good work. God's work.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Not to be a pest or anything, but could somebody start doing torrents of the episodes again?

My internet connection is pretty crappy, and a download takes up pretty much all the bandwidth for a good chunk of time. So I prefer to just queue up any large files I want to download into Bittorrent and leave it puttering along overnight.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Viscous Soda posted:

Not to be a pest or anything, but could somebody start doing torrents of the episodes again?

My internet connection is pretty crappy, and a download takes up pretty much all the bandwidth for a good chunk of time. So I prefer to just queue up any large files I want to download into Bittorrent and leave it puttering along overnight.

Torrents go up at Nyaa fairly quickly after episodes get released.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Oh... well I kinda feel dumb now. It never occurred to me to just check Nyaa directly, I was looking for torrent links in the thread and on SA-GCCX.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

They're not being put up by the team. I'll add them to the site now though.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Am I hearing my own, or does some member of the staff shout "Go under!" during the Wolf Sigma fight in MMX part 2?

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
You know what I need in my life? Some kind of fanart of Abe and Vinny from Giant Bomb together. Or going one on one against each other in a Street Fighter VS screen.

Video Game Video Men.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Drew is the Abe of GB.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

but Alexis is the one who rides a motorcycle....

This is all so confusing.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
One of the GCCX-related things I was working on a while back is out!

http://tinycartridge.com/post/93601137354/club-tiny-presents-retro-game-challenge-2

Tiny Cartridge posted:

We teamed up with artist Zari-Gani for this month’s new Patreon reward. If you’re a $3+ Club Tiny member, head over to Patreon right now and download this amazing boxart, which you can use to make a custom box for the Retro Game Challenge 2 fan translation! You get a full printable cover, with an EXCLUSIVE variant, along with an insert by Lindsay Collins! Wowwwwww.

If you’re not a Club Tiny member, a) you could be!!! b) you can still get a free printable version of the amazing front cover art you see above. Kacho… on!

The free cover: http://www.patreon.com/creation?alert=2&hid=777233

The Patreon variant is the same art in this cover but with a bunch of RGC2 characters on it. Aaron-approved!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
^^^ That boxart is loving amazing!

I hope this question won't get me into any trouble (I highly doubt it), but does anyone have a single torrent of every or close to every SAGCCX (and the other non-TV Nihon groups) translated episode/video? I sadly lost all of the episodes up to the Budokan documentary due to both of my hard drives biting the dust (not at the same time, but close enough to make it inconvenient), and I really don't feel like going through SAGCCX's main site and opening a torrent for every individual episode. The only ones I don't need are the Retro Game Master ones since I still have the DVDs, and I plan on re-ripping them for convenient watching.

Also, thank you guys in advance for the new episodes I wasn't able to watch due to me being between hard drives. :)

Obeast fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 2, 2014

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Obeast posted:

^^^ That boxart is loving amazing!

I hope this question won't get me into any trouble (I highly doubt it), but does anyone have a single torrent of every or close to every SAGCCX (and the other non-TV Nihon groups) translated episode/video? I sadly lost all of the episodes up to the Budokan documentary due to both of my hard drives biting the dust (not at the same time, but close enough to make it inconvenient), and I really don't feel like going through SAGCCX's main site and opening a torrent for every individual episode. The only ones I don't need are the Retro Game Master ones since I still have the DVDs, and I plan on re-ripping them for convenient watching.

Also, thank you guys in advance for the new episodes I wasn't able to watch due to me being between hard drives. :)

There are season torrents (including non-SAGCCX subs) on nyaa.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Fooley posted:

There are season torrents (including non-SAGCCX subs) on nyaa.
Awesome, thanks! That should work just fine. :)

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I had a dream last night where Abe reminded me not to forget my tripods when going to work. So I remembered them today.

Wtf brain.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Light Gun Man posted:

I had a dream last night where Abe reminded me not to forget my tripods when going to work. So I remembered them today.

Wtf brain.

Clearly Abe is your spirit animal

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

I didn't think I'd be doing this after a couple of this thread's more annoying visitors over the years, but I have to say, "NES Box" is killing me, guys. It's right there in English on the screen.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

rdbbb posted:

I didn't think I'd be doing this after a couple of this thread's more annoying visitors over the years, but I have to say, "NES Box" is killing me, guys. It's right there in English on the screen.

Oh lord, let's not kick off the "translation vs. localization" debate again, please.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

rdbbb posted:

I watch this with my dad occasionally, and he has no idea what a famicom is, so I for one am thankful for little touches like that.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Nipponophile posted:

Oh lord, let's not kick off the "translation vs. localization" debate again, please.

I think if anyone's allowed to kick it off it's probably him

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

rdbbb posted:

This is something I have to agree on, to me it's kinda annoying seeing a famicom on screen and knowing it's a famicom and they say in the subs it's a NES. Also with NES Box bit, I agree too, though it does say Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicombox is the first thing you see

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Well, don't look at me, I suggested subbing it as Playchoice 10. :v:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I have no strong feelings on this matter so I left it up to the editors.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I have extremely strong feelings about this and feel the editors made the right call.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
This kind of sloppy translation work is simply unacceptable, I'm going to have to ask for my money back.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Can someone explain the super silly sounding Maverick names in Mega Man X? I had no idea they were so absurd in the Japanese version. Storm Eagleed? Like, really, what in the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Can someone explain the super silly sounding Maverick names in Mega Man X? I had no idea they were so absurd in the Japanese version. Storm Eagleed? Like, really, what in the gently caress

I think they were trying to make them sound cooler. Sometimes in Japanese media they'll take an English word and change it up a bit so that it's not just an English word. What sounds neat in Japanese can end up sounding super dumb to native English speakers.