Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowling 4 buttcoins
Mar 13, 2011

Tide posted:

Yeah, I really like that. The more and more I read about the EB, the more I like it - especially at a price point of 8500 less than a Coyote model. The only thing I don't like is that the EB Performance Package has black wheels. Don't like the black wheels.

I figure a lot of people will be moving to aftermarket 9/10" wide wheels so these will be as plentiful as the Brembo wheel package is now.

ilkhan posted:

Plus gas and the insurance difference.

I actually like the EB PP wheels, though I like the GT PP wheels better. :/

EB gas tank is only 15 gallons compared to v6/v8 of 17. Weight savings bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yup. Once the 2FAST2FURIOUS crowd starts wrapping them around trees, insurance will go up as well.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

bowling 4 buttcoins posted:

I figure a lot of people will be moving to aftermarket 9/10" wide wheels so these will be as plentiful as the Brembo wheel package is now.

EB gas tank is only 15 gallons compared to v6/v8 of 17. Weight savings bro.
15.5 vs 16 gal according to the specs. Gotta save those 4 pounds.

EB insurance being higher would be...frustrating.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

ilkhan posted:

EB insurance being higher would be...frustrating.

The current V6 and V8 both cost the same to insure for me.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
http://youtu.be/aO9LYepgRq0

Dat exhaust :dong:

I can't get over how settled the car is. Dude isn't taking it easy around the 'Ring

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

You can see them tinkering with downforce. At 2:03 you see dive planes, then at 1:40 they use little winglets around the side of the front spoilers instead.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Tide posted:

http://youtu.be/aO9LYepgRq0

Dat exhaust :dong:

I can't get over how settled the car is. Dude isn't taking it easy around the 'Ring

Man. Am I an idiot for thinking that paint actually looks kinda cool?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Necc0 posted:

Man. Am I an idiot for thinking that paint actually looks kinda cool?

No, you just have very questionable taste.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Theres no point to cutting out the new edge gt hood scoop to let airflow in, right?

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/4593895122.html

I certainly wasn't thinking of doing it or buying this one on craigslist, just curious. I know the mach 1 shaker is open but Im sure it has some sort of water runoff if its raining out, no?

On that note, I wish I could find a hood that's just smooth and flat. I hate having a non function hood scoop, I don't like the V6 hood because that's just a reverse hood scoop, and I don't want a ridiculous 4 inch cowl hood. :sigh:

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

Theres no point to cutting out the new edge gt hood scoop to let airflow in, right?

I certainly wasn't thinking of doing it or buying this one on craigslist, just curious. I know the mach 1 shaker is open but Im sure it has some sort of water runoff if its raining out, no?

On that note, I wish I could find a hood that's just smooth and flat. I hate having a non function hood scoop, I don't like the V6 hood because that's just a reverse hood scoop, and I don't want a ridiculous 4 inch cowl hood. :sigh:

eeeegads no! Lets just let all the water in! the mach1 scoop has been talked about many times before as really a show mod. The amount of air it pulls in does not really equate to that much power for the money. Also it sucks air in to the back of the intake scoops, bends it 170 back to the front, then a 90degree turn into the air filter. its not really a clean design. check out the photo here... http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/shining-up-engine-bay.786302/ I mean it does look cool but not $700 cool. Plus you got to cut a hole in the hood.

a real mach1 kit has a drip line that lets all water build up collect and drain out a tube. Look at the picture and you will see the hole in front of the scoop and to the right.

Now that you mention a flat hood, I think that would be cool as hell! The 1999/2000 FR500 prototype had all kinds of cool looking body kit including the ever popular FR500 wheels.
it has design queues for the Bullitt side scoops, mach 1 qtr panel windows, etc and its unique hood that I have never seen since. Front bumper is complete poo poo. http://www.muscularmustangs.com/database2/fr500.php

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Looks like I'm going to close on two mustangs today. Selling my old 06 GT with the blown up engine, and buying a '14 v6 with the expensive tires and brakes package.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Looks like I'm going to close on two mustangs today. Selling my old 06 GT with the blown up engine, and buying a '14 v6 with the expensive tires and brakes package.

Nice. What color? I was chatting with a guy the other night that had one if those in that wicked green paint. I don't know what kind of exhaust he had, but it sounded amazing.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SouthLAnd posted:

Nice. What color? I was chatting with a guy the other night that had one if those in that wicked green paint. I don't know what kind of exhaust he had, but it sounded amazing.

Henry Ford's favorite color. I'll post a pic later today.

edit: As promised here it is:

Its a base v6 with the technology and v6 performance packages, a rickety-pop, and spoiler delete. After incentives, I'm in it for a bit less than invoice.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 31, 2014

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
For about 2 months I have been running with new axles and the lug nuts are crappy and are starting to oxidize. I cant use the stock lugs nuts because they are not long enough to hold the wheel in place.

I am looking for a good set of longer lug nuts or open ended lug nuts that are not crappy, not going to rust or oxidize, and do not look too import tunerish with multi-colors chrome finishes.

any ideas?

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Don't worry about them? I bought some "one piece" lugs to replace oem because they were getting stripped. drat caps keep popping off the new ones, but I don't care because who looks at lug nuts? Or Plasti-dip them, I dunno.

Longpig Bard fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 1, 2014

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

So the FRPP "K" springs are way too stiff for daily driving in my part of town. I'm sure they're great on the track but I basically can't drive anywhere without serious discomfort. As fortune would have it, one of my HPDE friends is going to trade me his "P" springs! Hopefully they're easier on my skeleton!

Anyway while trying to make my daily commute more tolerable, I messed around with the rebound adjustment on my Koni Sports. Counter-intuitively, the ride seems to be less harsh with the shocks set to a more "firm" setting, up to a point. I first assumed that setting the shocks all the way "soft" would result in the softest ride but that's not the case. The softest, i.e. most comfortable ride is with the shocks set about 1 & 1/4 turn toward firm. Any ideas why this might be?

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Geology posted:

So the FRPP "K" springs are way too stiff for daily driving in my part of town. I'm sure they're great on the track but I basically can't drive anywhere without serious discomfort. As fortune would have it, one of my HPDE friends is going to trade me his "P" springs! Hopefully they're easier on my skeleton!

Anyway while trying to make my daily commute more tolerable, I messed around with the rebound adjustment on my Koni Sports. Counter-intuitively, the ride seems to be less harsh with the shocks set to a more "firm" setting, up to a point. I first assumed that setting the shocks all the way "soft" would result in the softest ride but that's not the case. The softest, i.e. most comfortable ride is with the shocks set about 1 & 1/4 turn toward firm. Any ideas why this might be?

Probably because you're not hitting the progressive point of the springs, where the resistance starts to seriously ramp up making the ride feel harsher even though the suspension is moving more. Sway bars also have some part in this behavior, and the panhard bar (if so equipped) pivots off-center. All of this combines to create a harsher ride on softer settings.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Don't worry about them? I bought some "one piece" lugs to replace oem because they were getting stripped. drat caps keep popping off the new ones, but I don't care because who looks at lug nuts? Or Plasti-dip them, I dunno.

Plastidip, thats not a bad idea! but I still need a locking lug.

goodfuldead
Feb 14, 2009

what a long strange thread its been

kalvick posted:

Plastidip, thats not a bad idea! but I still need a locking lug.

You can go to your local parts store with your original lug nuts and they will get you exactly what you need based on the thread. Locking nuts are junk, if someone wants them off it takes literally a minute longer than not using them. You can beat an over sized socket on one and take it right off. I had to do two last week.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Anyone with experiences with Plasti-dip and what it entails? I have original Pony wheels on my '87 and I want to do something with them while I'm stockpiling the money to do a 5-lug conversion, which will require brakes and new tires and wheels all at the same time. I'm trying to get my car into full Satan-mode (all Hail our Dark Lord), and I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks in the interim to black out the wheels. (16)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Count Freebasie posted:

Anyone with experiences with Plasti-dip and what it entails? I have original Pony wheels on my '87 and I want to do something with them while I'm stockpiling the money to do a 5-lug conversion, which will require brakes and new tires and wheels all at the same time. I'm trying to get my car into full Satan-mode (all Hail our Dark Lord), and I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks in the interim to black out the wheels. (16)
Clean the wheel good first beforehand and you're good. If the wheels are mounted on tires get index cards to put in between the tire and rim to block spray from getting on the tire. Then just do at least 4 coats, I'd probably do 5-6 though. Dont put too much on at once and it will all even out pretty well. Black is the easiest to do.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Count Freebasie posted:

Unrelated, but is there any particular reason you mention or hail Satan in pretty much every post you make?

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

The Midniter posted:

Unrelated, but is there any particular reason you mention or hail Satan in pretty much every post you make?

I was thinking that, but I am not saying anything. :)

In related news, for wheel washing I used to just used car wash soap/water. Then spray of Maguires or Mothers wheel cleaners. Then I would dry it.

Now I started using this stuff called Sonax Wheel Cleaner. This stuff is wierd, it sprays on as neon green. As it reacts to the brake dust and grime it becomes blood red. I started to dry it off using a towel and all it did was smear red crap all over my wheels. After I hosed it off, the wheels where absolutely sparkling.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Have you heard the good news about the dark prince? Here take this brochure

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
Maybe he is just trying to win a bet right meow (1)

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

The Midniter posted:

Toxx. I need to mention my love/respect for Satan for 666 posts. The number at the end is the post count so far. Hail to our King of the Underworld! (24)

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Count Freebasie posted:

Toxx. I need to mention my love/respect for Satan for 666 posts. The number at the end is the post count so far. Hail to our King of the Underworld! (24)

A single GTD during football season would probably get you most of the way there.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Geology posted:

You can only adjust the rebound on Konis Sports. So the compression is still harsh on the streets, but the firmer rebound slows the rate that it decompresses so you aren't pogo'd back up as fast.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

kalvick posted:

In related news, for wheel washing I used to just used car wash soap/water. Then spray of Maguires or Mothers wheel cleaners. Then I would dry it.

Now I started using this stuff called Sonax Wheel Cleaner. This stuff is wierd, it sprays on as neon green. As it reacts to the brake dust and grime it becomes blood red. I started to dry it off using a towel and all it did was smear red crap all over my wheels. After I hosed it off, the wheels where absolutely sparkling.
Thanks for that. I had about 8 years worth of crap on my wheels and have been meaning to get around to cleaning them. They aren't "clean", but they are as close a they are going to get without an actual polishing job. Not bad for $20 and 90 minutes. Most of whats left is actual corrosion that has eaten the poo poo out of the chrome.

Side note: <3 amazon prime. Ordered yesterday afternoon with free 2 day shipping expecting to do it Wednesday after work and the box showed up this morning.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

ilkhan posted:

Thanks for that. I had about 8 years worth of crap on my wheels and have been meaning to get around to cleaning them. They aren't "clean", but they are as close a they are going to get without an actual polishing job. Not bad for $20 and 90 minutes. Most of whats left is actual corrosion that has eaten the poo poo out of the chrome.

Side note: <3 amazon prime. Ordered yesterday afternoon with free 2 day shipping expecting to do it Wednesday after work and the box showed up this morning.

Holy poo poo, Look at that shine! Ive got a '99 V6 with the same wheels, I thought they were supposed to be flat grey.

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Dear god. :stare: I'm not convinced those are the same wheels.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Those wheels are amazing, but this is also the perfect opportunity for me to bitch.

Does anyone else see these wheels as 2 Y shaped pieces? I know its supposed to be a design of threes but I cant help but see it as:

Whenever I first look at the wheel it just looks like nonsense, I actually have to focus to see the symmetry.

SanitysEdge posted:

Holy poo poo, Look at that shine! Ive got a '99 V6 with the same wheels, I thought they were supposed to be flat grey.

There are both chrome and flat grey wheels out there in this instance. Mine are flat grey, plastipdipped blue, and look horrible.

Cage fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 2, 2014

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Cage posted:

Those wheels are amazing, but this is also the perfect opportunity for me to bitch.

Does anyone else see these wheels as 2 Y shaped pieces? I know its supposed to be a design of threes but I cant help but see it as:

Whenever I first look at the wheel it just looks like nonsense, I actually have to focus to see the symmetry.

There are both chrome and flat grey wheels out there in this instance. Mine are flat grey, plastipdipped blue, and look horrible.
I kind've want to plastidip them a dark grey or black just for the experience.

It's not a design of 3s, its 3 double spokes. Pick a wide opening and look straight through the hub to see it.

I look at something like these and see "Y"s, but I also see "U"s. Can decide if I like that style better than standard 5 spokes. For some reason I can't stand 7 spoke wheels on 5 lug bolt patterns.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 2, 2014

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

So, I decided to go ahead and Plasti-dip the wheels today while saving up for the 5-lug conversion, etc. This is post tint and removal of that pinstriping.

Two months ago:

"I'm a happy fella!"

Today:

"Hail Satan."

(55)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's not too late to throw some gold metalizer over that black.

edit: or copper metalizer. make it look a little less "murdered out by a teenager"
edit 2: also, unless you put clear over it, the matte black starts to look permadirty really quick.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 2, 2014

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Powershift posted:

It's not too late to throw some gold metalizer over that black.

edit: or copper metalizer. make it look a little less "murdered out by a teenager"

Possibly. I'll have to consult my Master, the Father of Lies for advice. (58)

Powershift posted:

edit 2: also, unless you put clear over it, the matte black starts to look permadirty really quick.

Recommendations on a brand?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just the plastidip glossifier. metalizer is glossifier with metal flake.

I did gold over black, kinda wish now i did copper over black.

I had matte black on my truck last summer, and it looked too dirty too quickly.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Powershift posted:

Just the plastidip glossifier. metalizer is glossifier with metal flake.

I did gold over black, kinda wish now i did copper over black.

I had matte black on my truck last summer, and it looked too dirty too quickly.

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. Satan's glorious blessings be upon you. (59)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Count Freebasie posted:

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. Satan's glorious blessings be upon you. (59)
You have a neat car but maybe just take the ban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Cage posted:

You have a neat car but maybe just take the ban.

I can't fail. It wouldn't be right. Believe me, this isn't some weird juvenile role play thing, I just need to carry out the Toxx. Hail Satan and whatnot. (60)