Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Can things on Doomsday Preppers count as life hacks? Because there's no thread in TV IV but I really need somewhere to talk about a man making a flamethrower powered by rabbit poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Lifehack: get yourself a Colt M4 .22LR and stock up on thousands of .22LR rounds cause you'll be shooting a lot of black people when poo poo hits the fan!

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Lifehack: Too young or cheap to buy booze? Just buy some Listerine. It's fine for the homeless, it's fine for you.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Phy posted:

Dorm boiled eggs. Probably don't have an oven or a range, but they might just have a rice cooker. I understand even a hot plate is pushing it these days.

In my dorm we weren't allowed a coffee pot because it had a warming plate.

Of course that didn't stop us from having it. We just hid it before they did dorm sweeps.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Len posted:

In my dorm we weren't allowed a coffee pot because it had a warming plate.

Of course that didn't stop us from having it. We just hid it before they did dorm sweeps.

Are you allowed to have microwave ovens in dorms? Because you can make hard-boiled eggs in them. Actually, you can cook loads of stuff in them without doing anything gross, weird, or complicated.

Lifehack: Get a loving microwave.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Karma Monkey posted:

Are you allowed to have microwave ovens in dorms? Because you can make hard-boiled eggs in them. Actually, you can cook loads of stuff in them without doing anything gross, weird, or complicated.

Some schools don't allow that. I don't live in the dorms of my school, but I remember at orientation you'd only be allowed to have a microwave if you got one that was combined with a mini-fridge into one unit. Seems to imply that some schools just don't allow microwaves.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Karma Monkey posted:

Yes. At least that was the case at my university. Couldn't have anything else except a minifridge and a microwave (and even then the microwave had to be an approved brand but they didn't do much if you had one that wasn't.)

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1lX-TP7Vow
#Brulehacks

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

Some schools don't allow that. I don't live in the dorms of my school, but I remember at orientation you'd only be allowed to have a microwave if you got one that was combined with a mini-fridge into one unit. Seems to imply that some schools just don't allow microwaves.

dovetaile posted:

Yes. At least that was the case at my university. Couldn't have anything else except a minifridge and a microwave (and even then the microwave had to be an approved brand but they didn't do much if you had one that wasn't.)

Ok, ok, I think I can fix this one!

Lifehack: Want to cook food? Don't go to college! :)

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Wearing pantyhose over your head will help keep your parole officer from finding out. #crimehacks

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ChaosArgate posted:

Lifehack: don't go to some piece of poo poo school that treats you like a goddamn prisoner in your own dorm room you donguses.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
If you're losing an argument online, just say you're trolling.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Peanut President posted:

Lifehack: don't go to some piece of poo poo school that treats you like a goddamn prisoner in your own dorm room you donguses.

Gee this program is really great and the school is totally affordable with the scholarships but gee whiz I can't have a microwave in my dorm so no thank you.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Lifehack: Don't live in the dorms, you friendless wiener.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

kazil posted:

Gee this program is really great and the school is totally affordable with the scholarships but gee whiz I can't have a microwave in my dorm so no thank you.

Way back in the Olden Days, people disguised their microwaves by putting rabbit ears on them.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

kazil posted:

Well poo poo I get 3 square meals, a bed and a toilet in prison? Better go kill someone!

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Peanut President posted:

Well poo poo I get 3 square meals, a bed and a toilet in prison? Better go kill someone!

Life(in prison)Hack(someone to death)

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

prisonhack: chew up the coldcuts they give you for lunch and spit them into your pantyhose. Let those sit in the toilet water for 2-3 weeks. presto, you have meatwine

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Lifehack: Too young or cheap to buy booze? Just buy some Listerine. It's fine for the homeless, it's fine for you.

I'm going to start a group that distributes Listerine and Scope to homeless people for all the right reasons. So that way when they're accosting you for loose change, their breath will smell like ULTRACLEAN™ FRESH CITRUS.

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana
Lifehack: do not buy Listerine Original Flavor

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gaunab posted:

Literal anti-troll lifehack:

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

Gaunab posted:

"It was a social experiment"

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Chocolate Teapot posted:

"It was a social experiment"

"It's a prank dude! It's a prank!"

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
LifeHack: They sell hard-boiled eggs at the grocery store.

Also: Life Hack: Steel Reserve only costs like a dollar a can. Impress your college dorm-mates by drinking like a real man.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Pneub posted:

Also: Life Hack: Steel Reserve only costs like a dollar a can. Impress your college dorm-mates by drinking like a real man.

#lifehacks A wicker basket is instantly a barf bucket if you add the plastic bag the guy at the liquor store put the beers in

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Hummingbirds posted:

"It's a prank dude! It's a prank!"

"I'm the next Andy Kaufman!"

"I'm Andy Kaufman!"

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
There are a fair few schools that require first years to live in dorm units unless they are married, have a kid, or are living with parents. It's dumb.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

MariusLecter posted:

Lifehack: get yourself a Colt M4 .22LR and stock up on thousands of .22LR rounds cause you'll be shooting a lot of black people when poo poo hits the fan!

This is bad advice because .22LR will be used as currency when the SHTF.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Majere posted:

This is bad advice because .22LR will be used as currency when the SHTF.

This.

No way anyone would use a .22 to drop tangos. Everyone knows that poo poo just bounces off jeans.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Antifreeze Head posted:

This.

No way anyone would use a .22 to drop tangos. Everyone knows that poo poo just bounces off jeans.

Lifehack: Use .22 rounds because they bounce around inside your victim, shredding their brains and bones into pulpy mess.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

dino. posted:

There are a fair few schools that require first years to live in dorm units unless they are married, have a kid, or are living with parents. It's dumb.
Where are these schools? Salt Lake City? And how could they possibly know whether students are living with parents or by themselves?

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Where are these schools? Salt Lake City? And how could they possibly know whether students are living with parents or by themselves?

My first year at the University of Mary Washington required me to live on campus. In fact, acceptance in the first place was highly influenced by having indicated I would be living on campus my first year in my application. Mo money, I suspect.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

No mess! Aside from needing to thoroughly clean the ketchup bottle after each use and the loss of however much batter remains caked to the sides after you use it, I guess.

Or you could spend five dollars and buy a new pair?

Honestly, I'm not even sure what's being hacked here.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Honestly, I'm not even sure what's being hacked here.

It's so you can fit two bowls in a microwave, although it doesn't look like that's a problem in that photo.

I bet it's a great way to have one person eat hot food while the other eats lukewarm food.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Meatwave posted:

It's so you can fit two bowls in a microwave, although it doesn't look like that's a problem in that photo.

I bet it's a great way to have one person eat hot food while the other eats lukewarm food.

Oh, that makes sense. And I bet you're right!

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
But both of those bowls would easily fit into that microwave. :confused:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Tiggum posted:

Some of the state schools in Illinois do it, too. If you're a commuter living with your parents, they have a variety of ways of checking, such as the address on your parents' tax return, motor vehicle registration, etc. Though it's not like it would be hard to lie about your kid still living with you and put him or her up in an apartment somewhere. "Freshmen must live on campus so we can keep an eye on your kids for their health and safety" is usually enough to deter that sort of thing, though.

edit: Oh, and it's not about conservative values or whatever, it's 100% "gotta keep the dorms full"

GOTTA STAY FAI has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Aug 1, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Tiggum posted:

I go to school in Boston, MA, and a lot of schools around here require first years to live in the dorms. I had to send in a few scans of information that verified that I lived with my parents to get that requirement waived

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Master Twig posted:

But both of those bowls would easily fit into that microwave. :confused:
Well, there was one original photo and that got many clicks i guess and so you make your own one without thinking about what the picture was trying to tell you to get many clicks yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I think carl is a pretty good at lifehack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2S7ks4xEc4