Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Red Faction Geurilla is $1.99 on Steam. be a Space rear end in a top hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUBI-YVRY8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

the red faction series is loving awful

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
except guerilla

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

tw: gfwl

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Pinterest Mom posted:

Here's how I anticipate my towerfall experience on PC going

-reboot mbp into windows
-plug in hdmi to tv
-plug in wired 360 controller. Yes good so far.
-find janky drivers to connect wiimotes via bluetooth
-pair wiimotes+pro controllers
-wait why isn't the pink one working
-try pairing the pink one again. It works.
-gently caress the button configurations haven't been saved since I paired them last time
-*sigh* manually bind all the keys
-boot into the game
-oh no the game can't recognise the wiimotes. Or can't properly assign them to the different players, or some dumb bullshit
-gently caress it let's play Mario kart

Yeah that's the one

p sure this is the fault of your sub-optimal setup bro

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
played some 4 player towerfall with friends a few weeks ago. it was great once we turned off the homing arrow and turned on 360 degree shooting (instead of the default 4 way)

also lookin forward to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3uD_Gx9u_Y

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

the red faction series is loving awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvKoBH3PA2s

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
unless you like to smash stuff all the time RF:G gets really boring halfway through

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
http://gfycat.com/InferiorFirmCurassow

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blackula69 posted:

bf3 was pretty alright even if there were only a handful of good maps
And people usually only wanted to play the bad ones like Metro

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Fabricated posted:

so much they brought it back

now everyone plays the other metro style map too and its terrible

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

Here's how I anticipate my towerfall experience on PC going

-reboot mbp into windows
-plug in hdmi to tv
-plug in wired 360 controller. Yes good so far.
-find janky drivers to connect wiimotes via bluetooth
-pair wiimotes+pro controllers
-wait why isn't the pink one working
-try pairing the pink one again. It works.
-gently caress the button configurations haven't been saved since I paired them last time
-*sigh* manually bind all the keys
-boot into the game
-oh no the game can't recognise the wiimotes. Or can't properly assign them to the different players, or some dumb bullshit
-gently caress it let's play Mario kart

Yeah that's the one

sounds like you need an ouya! #getsome

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Fabricated posted:

metro is so bad but somehow they managed to make something even worse in locker.

there are a few good maps in bf4 vanilla but then some really bad and really good maps in the expacs. lost islands is one of my favs cause I like playing engineer w/ dmr, rockets, and slams

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Locker is a horrendously bad map and it's astounding they managed to make a meatgrinder worse than Metro.

I was kinda bummed that Gulf of Oman was one of the BF3 maps they brought back; it's not terrible but it's certainly not that good. Caspian Border was my favorite map from BF3, bar none, and it's still pretty good even if they decided to change the color palette of the map to Michael Bay Blue/Orange.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

saucepanman posted:

unless you like to smash stuff all the time RF:G gets really boring halfway through

But that first half is really strong

And I will always love og red faction for geomodding with my friends on the n64

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the starting positions on Caspian border are unbalanced so its kind of bad. the tower falling and crushing the wall is rad tho. the "leveloution" stuff is kind of interesting on some maps. I really like zavod 311, but what makes it even cooler is all the trees are destructible so when some rear end in a top hat wipes them all out with the mobile arty the map plays entirely different because the trees are the major source of infantry cover.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Shaggar posted:

the starting positions on Caspian border are unbalanced so its kind of bad. the tower falling and crushing the wall is rad tho. the "leveloution" stuff is kind of interesting on some maps. I really like zavod 311, but what makes it even cooler is all the trees are destructible so when some rear end in a top hat wipes them all out with the mobile arty the map plays entirely different because the trees are the major source of infantry cover.
The Russians have it bad on spawn in Caspian but once you're into the map proper unless your team is really, really, really bad it's not difficult to stage a comeback from either side.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
$1.99 for RF:G is a no brainer

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

$1.99 for RF:G is a no brainer

in that you need to have no brains to buy it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
actual fully destructible terrain and changing environments would be amazing in a multiplayer shooter, the bf4 stuff seemed too canned when I played. storm level was p cool but that's it. realistic weather and terrain destruction could be super cool if done right

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Blackula69 posted:

actual fully destructible terrain and changing environments would be amazing in a multiplayer shooter, the bf4 stuff seemed too canned when I played. storm level was p cool but that's it. realistic weather and terrain destruction could be super cool if done right

bfbc2 had astonishingly destructible terrain, i distinctly recall blasting holes in walls to expose people hiding in buildings

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

pointsofdata posted:

can i get a shameful invite to the yosdotes crew
http://steamcommunity.com/id/35dlc

I added you

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

bfbc2 had astonishingly destructible terrain, i distinctly recall blasting holes in walls to expose people hiding in buildings
the last good battlefield

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

the last good battlefield

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

that was really fun, but now all it is is major city areas and you can blow up walls in maybe 2 buildings, with one big scripted thing people can trigger

they really should go back to small villages and fields, that stuff was awesome to bomb around in a buggy

they should make bad company 2143

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

keyboard vomit posted:

that was really fun, but now all it is is major city areas and you can blow up walls in maybe 2 buildings, with one big scripted thing people can trigger

they really should go back to small villages and fields, that stuff was awesome to bomb around in a buggy

they should make bad company 2143

2142 always looked cool but i didnt have a machine that could run it until the community was dead

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

Notorious QIG posted:

bf4 has that stuff plus more stuff. the problem is there is lots of stuff that isnt destructible. like theres one city map where you can bring down this big rear end skyscraper and its cool because it looks cool and it makes the snipers who were on it really mad, but its the only destructible building on the map

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
but then theres other maps where everything is destructible and blowing up buildings makes your tanks more effective because infantry cant hide so well. that's cool. but then theres no consistency cause: dice.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

also bad company didnt have jets so there was less of that breed of terribleness

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
on one of the new maps theres a Chinese restaurant thing and it has these wooden detailed windows and stuff and they fly apart just like you'd think they would and that's cool, but you cant blow holes in the wooden walls of the restaurant because ???????

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I still haven't played like 90% of the expansion maps

I'm just astounded that after 2+ years of BF3 and however many months the throwback expansion has been out that people still don't get that D is a really, really important point on Caspian Border and you really shouldn't let the other team have it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i don't remember which one is d but obviously it must be the hill because that's definitely the best sniping point and also that's how u get the gunship!!!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Shaggar posted:

i don't remember which one is d but obviously it must be the hill because that's definitely the best sniping point and also that's how u get the gunship!!!
Oh right I forgot the loving gunship. I don't care about that so much as the fact it looks down onto and is close to the two points you'll fight over the most. The other two points are the gimmes for each team so that all but the worst of teams can at least hang onto a spawn that isn't the starting one.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the gunship should be removed from the game.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I get the reasoning (WAR HARDWARE MAN) to having it in the game because hey in real war big stupid gunships destroy the mud people we fight with impunity from the skies but the gunship in BF3/4 is basically an irritant that doesn't really help the team much while really pissing off anyone targeted by it.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

the gunship exists for jet pilots to get kills

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they should get rid of the gunship and also add anti air missile emplacements like in bf2

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

keyboard vomit posted:

the gunship exists for jet pilots to get kills
Maybe I haven't played enough but now that I think about it I don't see people going like 100-0 in Jets in BF4. Maybe that's an improvement.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

in that you need to have no brains to buy it

"ablublbalhlbblbuhbublub." - quiggy

Notorious QIG posted:

that push map with the woods and the two-story house you had to defend that almost always got mortared to destruction was the loving best. loved that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

"ablublbalhlbblbuhbublub." - quiggy

that push map with the woods and the two-story house you had to defend that almost always got mortared to destruction was the loving best. loved that poo poo

honestly the only bad map in bfbc2 was heavy metal

• Locked thread