Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Why cookie Rocket posted:

A bit of an oddball question but does anyone know what other figures use the ML Infinite Carnage body? I'm not a huge ML guy and I would like to use that body style for a custom.

Pretty sure it's the Bucky cap buck, which has been on like 10 figures so far. Best bet if you want the body is to grab the Marvel Legends Captain America from the Arnim Zola wave, which you can find for really cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Louisgod posted:

Pretty sure it's the Bucky cap buck, which has been on like 10 figures so far. Best bet if you want the body is to grab the Marvel Legends Captain America from the Arnim Zola wave, which you can find for really cheap.

Are you aware of any use of it that uses black shoulders? I can't stand trying to paint shoulders, it's always an utter pain to sand them properly.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Are you aware of any use of it that uses black shoulders? I can't stand trying to paint shoulders, it's always an utter pain to sand them properly.

Yup, the most recent Black Panther body is the one I can think of and the highlights come off pretty easily. Outside that nothing is coming to mind.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Yup, the most recent Black Panther body is the one I can think of and the highlights come off pretty easily. Outside that nothing is coming to mind.

Thanks! Last question before I finally stop posting about this, what does one use to remove paint apps from ML figures? Rubbing alcohol, or acetone?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Thanks! Last question before I finally stop posting about this, what does one use to remove paint apps from ML figures? Rubbing alcohol, or acetone?

I use Nail Polish Remover and a cue tip to remove paint from figures, but make sure it's the kind that's pure acetone as it works way better than the kind that isn't.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

I use Nail Polish Remover and a cue tip to remove paint from figures, but make sure it's the kind that's pure acetone as it works way better than the kind that isn't.

Be really careful using it as well since it can damage the figure if you use too much and/or let it sit. Always wash the figure well after doing this.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Djarum posted:

Be really careful using it as well since it can damage the figure if you use too much and/or let it sit. Always wash the figure well after doing this.

Yes, always wash with soap after as it will act as a base to stop the acidity of the acetone.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

One of the more interesting things I noticed during the Hasbro Marvel panel was, how "Guardians of the Galaxy Legends did amazing sales through amazon.com, especially the Nova figure. This year was the most successful year for Marvel Legends sales." http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=17873 I mean, isn't this a no brainer? Jeeeze. Well I hope they offer all future stuff on amazon for preorder.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but BBTS has the 6" Batman Animated figures up for pre-order. I hadn't seen the pictures before now, and it's weird to me that they're mixing the styles between the early episodes, and the Adventures of Batman & Robin redesigns.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MooselanderII posted:

One of the more interesting things I noticed during the Hasbro Marvel panel was, how "Guardians of the Galaxy Legends did amazing sales through amazon.com, especially the Nova figure. This year was the most successful year for Marvel Legends sales." http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=17873 I mean, isn't this a no brainer? Jeeeze. Well I hope they offer all future stuff on amazon for preorder.

Well they're offering single figures through Diamond now so Amazon won't be far behind.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So what are the chances of a major restock/case revision of the GotG wave anyway? Because I am really, REALLY having trouble resisting the urge to spend 30+ for a Nova on ebay.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

So what are the chances of a major restock/case revision of the GotG wave anyway? Because I am really, REALLY having trouble resisting the urge to spend 30+ for a Nova on ebay.

Based on the way the movie is trending, you'd be hard pressed not to find him at retail within the next few months.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Anyone looking to offload Groot BAF pieces?

I'm still looking for all non-Rocket pieces.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Not sure if anyone read the announcement buried this weekend, but there will be a Marvel Legends 5 Pack of comic book versions of the Guardians of the Galaxy. It will have the Star Lord from the SDCC exclusive, as well as a new Groot, a Drax on the new larger body, comic Gamora, and Rocket (not sure if this is the same as the BAF). Anyone wanting the Groot for their comic display but not wanting movie figures might be best waiting for that.

Hasbro also said this was the best year ever for Marvel Legends, so that's amazing news. Not for my wallet, but amazing news nonetheless.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beanpants posted:

Not sure if anyone read the announcement buried this weekend, but there will be a Marvel Legends 5 Pack of comic book versions of the Guardians of the Galaxy. It will have the Star Lord from the SDCC exclusive, as well as a new Groot, a Drax on the new larger body, comic Gamora, and Rocket (not sure if this is the same as the BAF). Anyone wanting the Groot for their comic display but not wanting movie figures might be best waiting for that.

Hasbro also said this was the best year ever for Marvel Legends, so that's amazing news. Not for my wallet, but amazing news nonetheless.

When is this being released?

And I just opened all of mine and replaced the Drax and Rocket with the previous versions so WHOOPS.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It was a panel announcement so while it's awesome news things could always change.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I would imagine it will be out around the DVD release.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
They said late 2015 for the GOTG box set.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was listening to the GOTG score, and played around with this photo I took in the photoshop, until I got this.

Gamora has Marty Feldman eyes.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Hey so Matty is doing a solid and putting up their SDCC exclusives for sale online next week so those of us who couldn't attend have a chance at getting them for slightly less than eBay prices after shipping :dance:

Oh, but limit of six per person so if you're not an early access subscriber you can get hosed.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Sanschel posted:

Hey so Matty is doing a solid and putting up their SDCC exclusives for sale online next week so those of us who couldn't attend have a chance at getting them for slightly less than eBay prices after shipping :dance:

Oh, but limit of six per person so if you're not an early access subscriber you can get hosed.

Not just that, it's not even everything they brought. The only things available will be the Batmobile, Doomsday, Hordak, Cyborg, Max Steel and the Monsters High pair.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Speaking of exclusives, Hasbro still hasn't put anything on their website yet:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/exclusives

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It's usually on Tuesday one whole week after SDCC ... not sure why people on Fwoosh and all have been camping it this week.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Oh yeah? People were saying, historically, it's usually a few days after SDCC, which was last week after all.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

RevKrule posted:

Not just that, it's not even everything they brought. The only things available will be the Batmobile, Doomsday, Hordak, Cyborg, Max Steel and the Monsters High pair.

There's no way I can reliably have access to the internet next week so if anyone feels like doing me a mega solid I REALLY need a Hordak. I don't even want the little goofball he comes with!

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Wahoo!

Thanks to fellow goon Soarer, I get to skip the HTS game this year!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Arrghh want that Gladiator.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I want them all!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Around what time did Marvel Select go from being wildly overpriced and out of scale uninteresting figures to what it is now? I remember how crappy the original ones were with Punisher, and now you have that Cable.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

The QC on the set is a bit hit or miss (floppy joints, paint misses) and the decision for Black Bolt's arm wings to be plastic molded onto one side of his arms is baffling, but overall this set is AWESOME. Loving comic accurate Star Lord and Gladiator. Now we just need some Shi'ar Imperial Guards and a D'Ken/Lilandra/Deathbird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I need that drat Starlord.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
How big is the Doomsday from Matty? That might be something I'd grab.

(I ask because their website seems to be hosed at the moment)

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

There's no way I can reliably have access to the internet next week so if anyone feels like doing me a mega solid I REALLY need a Hordak. I don't even want the little goofball he comes with!

I'm not sure if I qualify, but they sent me an email saying I had early access after I signed up for MOTU for next year. So, if I'm able I'll snag an extra Hordak as I planned to get one anyway. (I live in TN though so 9.25% sales tax)

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

How big is the Doomsday from Matty? That might be something I'd grab.

(I ask because their website seems to be hosed at the moment)

"9” tall with 16 points of articulation,"

From their website.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Bushifox posted:

I'm not sure if I qualify, but they sent me an email saying I had early access after I signed up for MOTU for next year. So, if I'm able I'll snag an extra Hordak as I planned to get one anyway. (I live in TN though so 9.25% sales tax)

That'd be much appreciated!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Nut Bunnies posted:

Around what time did Marvel Select go from being wildly overpriced and out of scale uninteresting figures to what it is now? I remember how crappy the original ones were with Punisher, and now you have that Cable.

Probably when they made Thanos, there's a drat good reason that figure's been in production for eight years.

Bushifox posted:

"9” tall with 16 points of articulation,"

From their website.

For reference he's about the height of the Bane BAF from what I hear.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Finally found a Black Widow. Comic book shop in the mall had a couple. Marked up about $8 but that's way better than ebay still. These are way harder to find in Canada.

Someone needs to make an Emma Frost that doesn't look terrible.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

My TRU X-Men Legends set I got cheap just shipped! Naysayers be damned, haha.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

therealjon_ posted:

My TRU X-Men Legends set I got cheap just shipped! Naysayers be damned, haha.

All your figures? Looks like my Magneto and Storm are back ordered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Djarum posted:

All your figures? Looks like my Magneto and Storm are back ordered.

Mine too.