Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Merlin looks amazing. :swoon:

Let's hope his effect lives up to his art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You think that's nuts, look at the related Article:

"5Ds Legendary Collection posted:

The set is a gathering of over 250 of the most famous cards from the 5D’s era, including three brand new cards previously only seen on the TV show, one of which is Yusei’s “Stardust Flash Trap” card. Every box will also contain Ultra Rare reprints of “Shooting Quasar Dragon” and “Black Rose Dragon,” two of the highest-demand Dragons of the game.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

That's a lot less interesting, IMO. Quasar is a silly card that's completely boring to play against.

Though, I guess it's nice that it'll finally be legal for use in Europe.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

That's a lot less interesting, IMO. Quasar is a silly card that's completely boring to play against.

Though, I guess it's nice that it'll finally be legal for use in Europe.

Looks like someone has never felt the joy of actually summoning Quasar. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

Looks like someone has never felt the joy of actually summoning Quasar. :colbert:

I have. I've also felt the pain of waiting for people to finish their turns while playing Quasar solitaire. :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's why you play Super Poly and turn their hard summoned Quasars into a Nosei.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Really lovely pic but holy hell, the NK mat is loving awesome:

Is that Gandalf fused with Dr. Strange? :stare: i think i need to get back in the game

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

There are manlier ways to deal with Quasar. :kamina:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhHUZUMx02M&t=867s

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Better pic of the NK mat and pictures for the sleeves and the box:

The knights look kind of weird on high res :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Met Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss:

2 Level 3 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and choose a number from 1 to 3, then, send that many cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard; until the end of this turn, this card gains 500 ATK for each card sent to the Graveyard this way. If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 "Burning Abyss" card in your Graveyard, except this card; add it to your hand.

And the first of the damned

Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss

If you control a monster that is not a "Burning Abyss" monster, destroy this card. You can only use 1 of the following effects of "Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss" per turn, and only once that turn.
● If you control no Spell/Trap Cards: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
● During the End Phase, if this card was sent to the Graveyard this turn: You can add 1 Level 3 DARKFiend-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss".

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=6402

Dante himself is kind of unimpressive but Scarm has a lot of potential (I'm loving that self destruction clause), not feeling another milling deck though.

Worth noting that there are FIVE Burning Abyss cards on DUEA.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Does anyone follow the Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal manga? I've been reading the summaries on YGO wiki and...holy poo poo, it sounds really stupid. As in, stupid to the point of being unfun, not the usual stupid but fun of YGO.

In fact I know very little about the card games manga in general. I read the first part of the YGO manga (the one that didn't have to do with card games), and a few chapters of the actual card games part but the scans online got completely unreadable and it's not sold in my country, much to my annoyance. I also read a bit of the GX manga but not completely, though it looks decent. I read like two chapters of the 5D's manga but the plot of that one also looks...unique.
On the other card game series, I know Vanguard has a manga and it seems to stick close to the anime, but other than that I know very little about it. Apparently it skipped Asia Circuit, which can only be a good thing. I hope it skips Legion Mate too, because I am not enjoying this arc in the least bit. Also apparently it had a prequel thing, that seems that it'll be canon to the anime as well as the antagonist of it is the main antagonist of the movie and Kai used Royal Paladin in the past like in that one manga.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

Does anyone follow the Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal manga? I've been reading the summaries on YGO wiki and...holy poo poo, it sounds really stupid. As in, stupid to the point of being unfun, not the usual stupid but fun of YGO.

In fact I know very little about the card games manga in general. I read the first part of the YGO manga (the one that didn't have to do with card games), and a few chapters of the actual card games part but the scans online got completely unreadable and it's not sold in my country, much to my annoyance. I also read a bit of the GX manga but not completely, though it looks decent. I read like two chapters of the 5D's manga but the plot of that one also looks...unique.

I think that the YGO manga was better when it wasn't focused on the card game, so much crazyness abound and Atem was a creepy motherfucker. Once that the card games became the focus the manga lost part of its appeal, barring the filler arcs, the anime is better for that part.

GX, 5d's and Zexal tell a completely different story to the anime and while GX is pretty great 5D's is hit & miss and Zexal is loving stupid.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ZEXAL being loving stupid and terribly sounds just like the anime though???

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Dante himself is kind of unimpressive but Scarm has a lot of potential (I'm loving that self destruction clause), not feeling another milling deck though.

Dante is a Xyz version of Card Trooper that can protect your life points after he mills and can get up to 2500 attack. Also he's Light and Light is a way better attribute then Earth. That's pretty drat good.

I'm disappointed that Scarm is a Dark/Fiend and not a Fire/Fiend, honestly. I was really hoping for something new instead of the same old attribute/type combinations that we always get.

That being said though? As a Noble Knight player, I'm mad jealous of Burning Abyss right now. Looks like their deck is going to be really solid right out of the gate.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The spin-off mangas are weird. GX is like a hyper-distilled thing of all of the elements of GX (and also Manjoume isn't a loser) and it involves an American Academy and all the overseas duelists are turned into pawns of the bad guy or something. Then 5D's is this really loving weird thing where Jack is Goodwin's son or something and Rua and Ruka are evil and Yusei has some sidekick that plays bugs and there's a loving skeleton knight and Aki's a priestess....

The DM manga is way better than the anime, then the GX manga mostly works. The 5D's manga is just frickin' bizarre. I imagine the Zexal manga continues the pattern towards absurdity.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

VJeff posted:

I imagine the Zexal manga continues the pattern towards absurdity.

The Zexal manga features a villain of the week who's a pirate that is also a living ear of corn. When he loses, he dies by exploding into a huge pile of popcorn. Yuma's friends then proceed to eat said popcorn.

So I'm gonna go with a definite "yes" to that.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Is anyone else still watching Arc-V? It's been really drat solid so far. It's a nice improvement from the early episodes of Zexal, definitely.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexie posted:

Is anyone else still watching Arc-V? It's been really drat solid so far. It's a nice improvement from the early episodes of Zexal, definitely.

Yeah, I'm really digging it. The characters are great, the dueling is great. I know the show really has its hooks in me when I'm saying "I really hope these three random jag offs from the enemy school continue to be a part of the show."

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dexie posted:

Arc-V is the card game anime of the season. Far better than Zexal's beginning and middle (though Zexal got actually good later on, we'll see if Arc-V keeps the quality up, though I sure hope so), and definitely better than Vanguard Legion Mate (which I really hope pulls an Asia Circuit and delivers a good ending, at least)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
Really digging Arc V right now, actually just watched the latest episode and I'm just so interested where it'll go. We're getting four Yuya duels straight because of the impending tournament arc, but the main mystery of the show is completely independent from Yuya at the moment, so we know that while Yuya has to deal with an empty stomach against a guy that plays cookie monsters (which sounds legit super fun), Yuzu's gonna dig into wtf is up with these mystery communists from (an alternate dimension/timeline/actually just next town?) or whatever is going on.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

MechaCrash posted:

Hey, I know what happened in that episode sucked, but let's not say things we can't take back.

I'm right in the middle of Asia Circuit right now (on 87 at the moment) and i can kind of see where people would have problems but i'm still enjoying it so far. I think the only things that are really bugging me right now are

1.Ren rediscovering Psyqualia, why aren't Tetsu and Kai immediately freaking the hell out about this? It's kinda what made him crazy in the first place after all.

2.Aichi apparently doesn't remember using Psyqualia? Or is repressing his memory of using it or something?

3. I'm sure it get's explained later but they established all the major clans disappearing for some reason which is why Aichi is using Gold Paladins instead of Royal and why some people are using different decks. Yet somehow movie cameo man gets to use them for an episode and then vanish? Very strange stuff

4.YOU get Psyqualia Ren! YOU get Psyqualia random child in Singapore! EVERYBODY gets Psyqualia!

I'm also committing the mortal sin of watching it dubbed which i actually quite like other than "Goddess of the Full Moon,AMMA-TAY-RATSU". It definitely is a case of the actors getting better over time.

maybe i'm just a fan of Kai's overacting while doing his big attacks :allears:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

All four of those are actually kinda explained. I also like the dub.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wow. I thought the fights until now had been bad, but Gaillard vs Kamui was a whole new level of awful. I don't even know if I can call it a fight, considering how little it lasted. That said, I always enjoy a good "FINAL TURN!"...just wish that I could enjoy an actual fight for once.

At least Kai vs Gaillard started well and should continue as such, right?...right?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Well played Yanfly, well played. :golfclap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4wSIrcX30o&t=444s

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
YGO News:

UDON will publish Takahashi Anniversary artbook sometime on 2015 If they include Horakhty I'm gonna lose my poo poo.

Yami Yugi and DMG figmas on 2015

These rumors about the last Noble cards have surfaced:

quote:

Merlin
- is a Noble Knight
- discards himself to special summon a Noble Knight from the deck or grave, then equips that monster with a noble arms from the deck or grave
- can shuffle himself back into the deck to dump a light or dark monster form the deck (not sure if it's just Noble Knights though)

Bedwyr
- is normal when unequipped
- when equipped, can return 2 banished cards to the grave to add a third banished card back to your hand (again, my source wasn't sure if it was limited to Noble Knights/Arms or not)

The Spell is Noble Arms - Clarent
- gives 500 atttack
- once per turn, can special summon Noble Knight Artorigus from the deck or graveyard
- not sure if it also re-equips

If true HOLY poo poo :psyboom:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I need all three of those cards to be real, holy poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think there's ever been a deck in the history of Yu-Gi-Oh that makes you manage your field, hand, graveyard and extra deck to the fine point that DD does while rewarding you so well if you keep on top of it. It really takes full advantage of every type of summon except Rituals :iamafag:. It's pretty awesome.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

VJeff posted:

I don't think there's ever been a deck in the history of Yu-Gi-Oh that makes you manage your field, hand, graveyard and extra deck to the fine point that DD does while rewarding you so well if you keep on top of it. It really takes full advantage of every type of summon except Rituals :iamafag:. It's pretty awesome.

I dunno. I think the Bujin cards did a pretty good job of integrating the hand, field, and graveyard. And being Beast/Beast Warrior/Winged Beast type gave them a ton of options.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What's a good Yu-Gi-Oh game that has some of the more recent cards? I watched the finale of 5Ds and I want to play Yugioh for the first time in a while.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

What's a good Yu-Gi-Oh game that has some of the more recent cards? I watched the finale of 5Ds and I want to play Yugioh for the first time in a while.

WCS 2011 for the DS has almost everything from the 5D's era and there's a lot of content to go trough. Otherwise your best bet is Duel Carnival for the 3DS.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

After watching the last few episodes of Arc-V, and continuing to watch ZeXal for the first time (I'm on episode 86), I think I've figured out what ZeXal was missing. It's missing the ham! After The King Jack Atlas, the hammiest man to duel since the original Yu-Gi-Oh dub with Dan Green, Yuma is a tiny man with big words. I'll write the rest of my thoughts on ZeXal when I finish it, but I have to say it's not as bad as I originally thought it was. It's nowhere near as good as 5Ds, but it has some entertainment merit.

On the note of ham, was the dub voice for The King Jack Atlas any good? All I know about it is that he had an Australian accent.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xoidanor posted:

WCS 2011 for the DS has almost everything from the 5D's era and there's a lot of content to go trough. Otherwise your best bet is Duel Carnival for the 3DS.

Alright, I can wait for that then.

Silento posted:

After watching the last few episodes of Arc-V, and continuing to watch ZeXal for the first time (I'm on episode 86), I think I've figured out what ZeXal was missing. It's missing the ham! After The King Jack Atlas, the hammiest man to duel since the original Yu-Gi-Oh dub with Dan Green, Yuma is a tiny man with big words. I'll write the rest of my thoughts on ZeXal when I finish it, but I have to say it's not as bad as I originally thought it was. It's nowhere near as good as 5Ds, but it has some entertainment merit.

On the note of ham, was the dub voice for The King Jack Atlas any good? All I know about it is that he had an Australian accent.

His voice is fine, but it's straight up Ted Lewis again like Bakura although with a different accent. You certainly will not get the same level of insane hamminess that Takanori Hoshino puts out and it's a shame. Also the dub is bad because it doesn't have the original music so you don't get Jack's theme kicking in he starts shouting and that takes away so much.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Silento posted:

After watching the last few episodes of Arc-V, and continuing to watch ZeXal for the first time (I'm on episode 86), I think I've figured out what ZeXal was missing. It's missing the ham!

Don't worry. They fix that as soon as Vector gets properly introduced. :allears:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kay Kessler posted:

Don't worry. They fix that as soon as Vector gets properly introduced. :allears:

Then again, lots of things get fixed the moment Vector gets properly introduced. Seriously, I'm no ZeXal defender but the Barian Emperors arc is really, really good.

Sadly you have to go through a lot of poo poo to get there, and I'm not sure if I can say it's worth it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Kay Kessler posted:

Yeah, that moment owns :allears: Everyone can see it from a mile away, you just know what'll happen but then it happens and it's executed so beautifully.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

YGO News:

UDON will publish Takahashi Anniversary artbook sometime on 2015 If they include Horakhty I'm gonna lose my poo poo.

Yami Yugi and DMG figmas on 2015

These rumors about the last Noble cards have surfaced:

If true HOLY poo poo :psyboom:

The rumors are false. They didn't mention LAST CHAPTER OF THE NOBLE KNIGHTS.

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=6535

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexie posted:

The rumors are false. They didn't mention LAST CHAPTER OF THE NOBLE KNIGHTS.

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=6535

Was I spoiled by the rumors or this card feels 'odd'?

I mean, not really a fan of the 'when your opponent has a monster and you not' clause.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I think it's okay. It's a comeback card for when you're behind. Without that clause, it'd be too easy to dump Medraut + an Arm then blow up from there.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This week's Arc-V...sure had a lot of food, yup. Wouldn't be out of place in Toriko. I can get behind that.

Also the funniest moment, I'm guessing, came from the fansubbers and not the episode itself, but it had me laughing way too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

This week's Arc-V...sure had a lot of food, yup. Wouldn't be out of place in Toriko. I can get behind that.

Also the funniest moment, I'm guessing, came from the fansubbers and not the episode itself, but it had me laughing way too hard.

Look at his mustache! That guy is totally Anime Hitler! :tinfoil:

• Locked thread