Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Quickscope420dad posted:

Motorhead dialysis bags

prs hemmorhoid pillow with a gaudy multi-burst print pattern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

comes along bort posted:

prs hemmorhoid pillow with a gaudy multi-burst print pattern

CBGB in-flight vomit bib

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Lemmy is only behind Ozzy and Keith Richards for how are they not dead yet? rockstars.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
all three of them will likely be dead in the next 10 years

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Yeah but Keith and Ozzy should have been dead by the 80s.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
This thread has come a long way. Maybe too far.

Ularg posted:

God this took forever and a half to find.

Specifically, handle guitar and

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

it gave me the idea to make pedal controls for the computer for recording but I've yet to work on it

Anything stopping you from just using a midi footswitch for this?

Cobalt60 posted:

No don't do it please!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Remain calm.

E: It's Friday, it's all good!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 2, 2014

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

You know what, get that in graffiti yellow (especially with how the colour's mixed into the finish), make it a hardtail, put on a thick neck, and get rid of the monkey grip and I wouldn't have any problems playing that.

Dec 26, 2012

Dr. Faustus posted:

Remain calm.

E: It's Friday, it's all good!

that was fast

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

that was fast

You know that he's just watching this thread like a mother bear watches her young, waiting for someone to speak his name or post his guitars. Dude hasn't posted in 100+ pages but manages to respond to his guitars being posted 3 replies later.

Edit: Literally 1 reply later.

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."

umalt posted:

You know what, get that in graffiti yellow (especially with how the colour's mixed into the finish), make it a hardtail, put on a thick neck, and get rid of the monkey grip and I wouldn't have any problems playing that.

Thick neck you might have to get done custom or something but two out of three. :shrug:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

HollisBrown posted:

You know that he's just watching this thread like a mother bear watches her young, waiting for someone to speak his name or post his guitars. Dude hasn't posted in 100+ pages but manages to respond to his guitars being posted 3 replies later.

Edit: Literally 1 reply later.
Nah, it was just perfect timing. It was the last hour of my shift at work and I was just staring at GBS looking for something funny to happen (lol). I finished the GoTJ thread (that's how bored I was) and saw this thread back on the first page. I checked the last page and wouldn't you know it, there it was. It was too tempting.

I imagine somewhere in the last however many posts someone else has posted something similar, I just never noticed.

Carry on, I'm not here to roll with the punches or stick around. Remain calm.

Ferrous Wheel posted:

Thick neck you might have to get done custom or something but two out of three. :shrug:

I'd be all over that if it was H/S/H or H/S/S. I never could bring myself to do without the middle pickup option. I wish I had more hardtails now, though. Don't really need vibrato bridges much anymore.

Peace, ugly guitar thread.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 2, 2014

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Humbuckers are so... distasteful.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

fyodor posted:

Humbuckers are so... distasteful.

I dunno, a Super Distortion wired in Parallel is about as good as any pickup I've ever heard.

And then having it wired in series... well... :unsmigghh:

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Cobalt60 posted:

Dec 26, 2012

we will never go far enough to be past that, i hope

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dr. Faustus posted:

Nah, it was just perfect timing. It was the last hour of my shift at work and I was just staring at GBS looking for something funny to happen (lol). I finished the GoTJ thread (that's how bored I was) and saw this thread back on the first page. I checked the last page and wouldn't you know it, there it was. It was too tempting.

haha ok dude whatever im sure you don't have a google alert for those imgur links or whatever.

I'm not sure there's a JEM combo I could be down with. I'm not a huge fan of Strat style guitars and those pointy horns just make it worse. The Bart guitar that dude from Tera Melos owns is the best tho.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
the ibanez strats would be alright if the bottom horn wasn't so pointy

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Please do not disparage Lemmy.

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."

comes along bort posted:

the ibanez strats would be alright if the bottom horn wasn't so pointy

Would they though?

I own two instruments in this family and love them, but they're still not really pretty...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

umalt posted:

So just a normal RG at half the cost of a JEM then?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

So help me god but I do like those mother-of-toilet-seat pickguards

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Dr. Faustus posted:

I imagine somewhere in the last however many posts someone else has posted something similar, I just never noticed.

Carry on, I'm not here to roll with the punches or stick around. Remain calm.

I'd be all over that if it was H/S/H or H/S/S. I never could bring myself to do without the middle pickup option. I wish I had more hardtails now, though. Don't really need vibrato bridges much anymore.

Peace, ugly guitar thread.

I'm still butthurt about how you tried to hurt my feelings early in this thread. Can you post noodling solos on tindeck or soundcloud that might soothe my weary mind???

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

bitchtard posted:

Please do not disparage Lemmy.

:allears:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How did those pictures ever come to be? Christ.

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

As someone who recently tried to read through the thread in its entirety I would like to make the humble suggestion that we not set faustus off again.

I present this as an offering:

Lemmy is the best.

e: Also, White Dog Eggs, any chance of plastic fork teeth on the goontar or whatever we're calling it? I think they would make a stylish addition to any instrument - I would also suggest you try to obtain some of those chrome painted ones for maximum tone.

Nostalgic Pushead fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 3, 2014

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn7ai7Xyj1w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2eMvui_CNQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88rLI5sN61Q

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Yeah Lemmy should give serious advice to pregnant teenagers

These videos are just awful

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Quickscope420dad posted:

Yeah Lemmy should give serious advice to pregnant teenagers

These videos are just awful

With a Swastika hanging in the background.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

well that is something

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
NSFW better pic of Lemmy below:
http://i.imgur.com/ytsty5u.jpg

Edited as I'm told that spoilering pics doesn't work for all clients (even though it does for me).

Remulak fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 3, 2014

Dec 26, 2012

spoilers dont work with timgs, and they still load even if you had it img-tagged

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Remulak posted:

Edited as I'm told that spoilering pics doesn't work for all clients (even though it does for me).

I love that he's more intrigued by his own hand than anything else.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://guitarz.blogspot.com/2014/08/red-rock-m1-like-guitar-then-get-on.html

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

The kickstarter is definitely worth reading too. I think my favourite part is that despite all the contouring of the body, the neck heel is a standard bulky set-in one, but then there's so much wrong with that guitar.

Also I don't understand bridge-pickup-only guitars (why not at least have another pickup there as an option?)

Remulak posted:

Oh man Lemmy's expression is amazing :allears:

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Good luck to the guy, but it isn't just guitar companies that are conservative. The most popular design I do is basically a telecaster-type body with strat contouring and even that is too 'out-there' for a lot of people.

E: Sorry, on phone atm and can't find a better pictures, this will give you an idea though;

Barnaby Rudge fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 4, 2014

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

So I'll be getting a v soon... I'm super excited about it! But I tend to dress smart and sensible to gigs, and fear I no longer have the figure for a catsuit. What would you wear to a gig with a white '67 flying v?

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd0Ug2zyYws

Sweet cutout at the neck. Must also fit a 7/8string neck on the same body.

EDIT: "I always liked bigger headstocks and never liked string trees"

Sockington fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

:stonk: That pickguard. Jesus.

Carbonetti Guy posted:

This one's [wound] more like a single coil... this one's about 12k...

I mean, I wish that I could build something that good from scratch in my apartment, but what the hell is he thinking taking it to NAMM? Oh, I see; his experience with luthiery literally started with relic work.

• Locked thread