Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Quest For Glory II posted:

It'll be a game like kirby's epic yarn which at one point was selling for $8 from gamestops everywhere

Even if it is a 'Mario' game it is gonna drop in value

This pretty much.

Wii-U by far has had the most amount of sales for it to the point where every major release for the system could be had for under $40 new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nintendo mentioned it in their investors briefing at the start of the year that they have to start considering price points other than $60, and a couple of months later they slashed the price of some of their games down, so I think that is going to continue to be the case going forward. It wasn't nothing games either, I'm pretty sure DKC Returns 3D and Animal Crossing New Leaf got permanent price markdowns and those were major titles for them, not poo poo games.

I do wish they'd get original Wii/GC games in the eShop too because they would probably price them at $20 and that would actually be cheaper than those games are gonna be in a few years when they're out of print and no longer sold at retail.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

I do wish they'd get original Wii/GC games in the eShop too because they would probably price them at $20 and that would actually be cheaper than those games are gonna be in a few years when they're out of print and no longer sold at retail.

I hope they put Metroid Prime Trilogy on the e-shop.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

The Taint Reaper posted:

They should have made it based around Rosilina, since she makes Toadstool and Daisy look like pale imitators.

Agreed and she also gives me epic bon0rs. True story.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
You could walk into any Gamestop and I guarantee there'll be at least two last-gen Mario games that are still priced like they just came out, because parents will still pay $60 for a game if it has Mario on the cover

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Excels posted:

You could walk into any Gamestop and I guarantee there'll be at least two last-gen Mario games that are still priced like they just came out, because parents will still pay $60 for a game if it has Mario on the cover

New Super Mario Bros. on the DS is still £30 like when it was released nearly a decade ago, so the only price drop it's gotten is due to inflation.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

For some reason Amazon sells like every Wii U game for at least a $10 discount, NSMBU is $40 for example. gently caress game stop.

Also I bought a Wii U mainly because of the strong recommendations on SA, had fun so far but when I come in here and people in both threads are getting hype as gently caress for Captain Toad and Splatoon I worry that I got trolled hard.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tender Bender posted:

For some reason Amazon sells like every Wii U game for at least a $10 discount, NSMBU is $40 for example. gently caress game stop.

Also I bought a Wii U mainly because of the strong recommendations on SA, had fun so far but when I come in here and people in both threads are getting hype as gently caress for Captain Toad and Splatoon I worry that I got trolled hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSZGeJe8ET4

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Tender Bender posted:

i'm confused are you saying that you dont think splatoon doesnt look fun as hell?? :confused:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im going to marry all of the women in that video and we will hug toad dolls together

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

i'm confused are you saying that you dont think splatoon doesnt look fun as hell?? :confused:

Splatoon, like Captain Toad, looks like something I would gladly buy for $7.50 during a Steam sale.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Tender Bender posted:

Splatoon, like Captain Toad, looks like something I would gladly buy for $7.50 during a Steam sale.

You need to step up your game and only buy games when they're under $1 and then gloat about them on a message board when you do.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Splatoon, like captain toad, look like something I would buy day one.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The_Frag_Man posted:

I hope they put Metroid Prime Trilogy on the e-shop.
If they put Wii games in the shop they probably would.

I'm expecting at some point that the original Wii Shop will close and at that point they will begin migrating WiiWare titles into the eShop and then putting original Wii titles in the eShop as well. But they'll have to update the OS so that you can boot an OG Wii game from the Wii U menu. Which I think they'll eventually do as well. I don't really know why that functionality isn't there already.

But they still haven't put N64 in the eShop yet so they're still pretty behind.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kewpuh posted:

it looks fun as hell for 1997 and like much like kid friendly multiplayer online games from that year will probably be dead empty in two months

edit: my apologies, it was 1999 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerf_Arena_Blast

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Splatoon Demo would have been a bigger deal if they had showcased what sort of variety there'll be. Smash Bros Demo had lots of characters, multiple stages, lots of variety.

Splatoon had one level and all the characters looked the same. Conceptually it sounds awesome but they need to show us a little more content.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It isn't coming out until next year so it makes sense that there wasn't a lot they could show in a stable E3 build

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The actual trailer showed more characters, weapons, stages, etc. but they didn't go into it ever I don't think.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

That one girl annoys the hell out of me, but I definitely want that game. It's so up my alley.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

It looks exactly like a first person shooter that plays like Unreal Tournament. I agree. If the game was as manly as Warframe I would be all over it. Color is for freaking children.

whaley fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 2, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

whaley posted:

It looks exactly like a first person shooter that plays like Unreal Tournament. I agree. If the game was as manly as Warframe I would be all over it. Color is for freaking children.

Chex Quest had color and was a doom clone, poo poo has been going on for far longer than that.

Splatoon just continues what Chex Quest set out but never finished.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

chex quest. A Good Video Game.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Chex Quest 2: Splatoon Heroes

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

did someone say chex quest?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Chex quest was a great game

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

who's talking poo poo about chex quest?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Chex Quest is unambiguously the best game of all time.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
All hail Chex Warrior, the gluten-free hero of Bazoik.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

Chex Quest 3 is unambiguously the best game of all time.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Dreamcast had Power Stone, Hydrothunder, Soul Caliber, and Ready 2 Rumble.

PS2's wasn't awful either.

I was there and it was real bad. My PS2 never really recovered after the awful that was Ever Grace.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Noted popular character "some poo poo no one's ever heard of " ah yes.

sorry you're a huge human being that doesn't play Dragon Quest those games own

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I was there and it was real bad. My PS2 never really recovered after the awful that was Ever Grace.

sorry you're a huge human being that doesn't play Dragon Quest those games own

Ah yes dragon quest, the bargain final fantasy for weird nerds who play import games exclusively.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nintendo Kid posted:

Ah yes dragon quest, the bargain final fantasy for weird nerds who play import games exclusively.

mods?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Dragon Quest is only really popular in Japan, which doesn't matter. America, bitches

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nintendo Kid posted:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Yes thanks for the screenshot of Dragon Quest.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The real question is would you rather be killing slimes in Dragon Quest, or zorching flemoids in Chex Quest?

Chex: part of a complete, American, breakfast.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I guess this is the towerfall thread now so I played it last night with a bunch of accountants who found receiving the "worst accounting" award endlessly hilarious

Towerfall fuckin owns, much like the Wii U

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yes thanks for the screenshot of Dragon Quest.

You can badmouth any game you want for however long you need to and not have any fun playing any of these games but the fact remains that you are still Fishmech and that's all we need to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I imported a copy of Dragon Quest III on the SNES because I was too impatient to wait for a fan translation. It's the best RPG ever on a system full of best RPGs ever.

• Locked thread