Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.

Perfect. fuckin' fantastic. He loves it.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

treeboy posted:

Perfect. fuckin' fantastic. He loves it.

By the way, the art was done be Terese Nielsen who is an amazing artist that does a lot of Magic cards. http://www.tnielsen.com/

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Oraculum Animi posted:

By the way, the art was done be Terese Nielsen who is an amazing artist that does a lot of Magic cards. http://www.tnielsen.com/

Ah, you beat me to that. I went to the effort of cropping and uploading a few to imgur, though, so have a sampling anyway.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ah, Hanna. Best navigator the Weatherlight ever had. Taken out by a plague-infected gut wound just before the Second Battle of the Megheddon Defile. Those were the days.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I got all my final art pieces today.

The artist offered us a couple of different versions of the cover, this was our final choice.

I love the story this one tells.

El Fantasmo the famous luchador takes on Bigfoot.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Bucnasti posted:

Yo, this is loving fantastic.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Bucnasti posted:

I got all my final art pieces today.

The artist offered us a couple of different versions of the cover, this was our final choice.

You made the right choice on that final cover. It's a way stronger composition with the blonde grounded.

All of them are fantastic, though.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Bucnasti posted:

Literally everything about this is perfect.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Well I guess an afro is sort of a pompadour.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
All that art is rad as hell, those guys do good work.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I need art of a character who uses holy ghostpower or holy energy. Like, someone who is to a necromancer what a paladin is to a blackguard. Ideally, one who's male or androgynous, and uses a large blade or a polearm.

Edit Or just someone who looks like they're (mostly) willingly possessed by/followed by more than a few spirits, and doesn't look too evil.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Aug 2, 2014

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

I need art of a character who uses holy ghostpower or holy energy. Like, someone who is to a necromancer what a paladin is to a blackguard. Ideally, one who's male or androgynous, and uses a large blade or a polearm.

Edit Or just someone who looks like they're (mostly) willingly possessed by/followed by more than a few spirits, and doesn't look too evil.

Geint of Saint Traft is a Magic card with art that might fit your description. http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/stf/etrytyfhgjhnjnmbhjmsdfjsdfd.jpg

You also might want to look into the Innistrad block of Magic, there's a lot of spiritual things going on. Geist-Honored Monk probably won't fit your description very well but it's in the ballpark.

do u believe in marigolds fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 2, 2014

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Hey goons. Gimme your angry, spear wielding Valkyries. Or just angry winged murderladies in general.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Bucnasti posted:

All I see is Burt Reynolds and Jimi Hendrix fleeing from Adolf Hitler and his Bolivian henchmen. I LOVE IT!

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

frankenfreak posted:

All I see is Burt Reynolds and Jimi Hendrix fleeing from Adolf Hitler and his Bolivian henchmen. I LOVE IT!

Is Convoy playing in the background?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Vadoc posted:

Is Convoy playing in the background?

East Bound and Down

The first version of the car chase didn't have a driver or passenger in the truck, so I told the artist to make it clear someone was driving. I got back the version with Hitler screaming like a girl and I about died laughing.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I've got a few pictures that might fit the job:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I have a somewhat odd request: I'm looking for a crusty old gnome woman or someone who can pass for such. Looking like a member of the nobility is a plus.

In return, I offer a couple of sensibly dressed lady warriors.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

MohawkSatan posted:

Hey goons. Gimme your angry, spear wielding Valkyries. Or just angry winged murderladies in general.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Can I get some Briton crusaders and tattered, beaten knights? Maybe some Celtic barbarians? I'm looking for fairly mundane, non-magical looking chaps to act as cannon-fodder for my 9th-century Arthurian Mecha game.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

frankenfreak posted:

All I see is Burt Reynolds and Jimi Hendrix fleeing from Adolf Hitler and his BolivianIllinoisan henchmen. I LOVE IT!

FTFY, because I saw it as an obvious Blues Brothers reference.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 3, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

MohawkSatan posted:

Thumbnailed because of Valkyrie boobs

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
does anyone half any Battle Chefs?

Half-Orc would be liked the most but any kind of awesome looking Chef Martial Artist dude.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Anyone got any pictures of people with scales? Not like, a dragonborn, but an otherwise-normal person who has scales.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

How's this? :v:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I've had no interest in Exalted... Until now.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Remember those walkthrough comics of classic D&D modules that WotC was posting a while back? They're available for pre-orders as prints now.

In case you haven't seen these...

Mr_Schmoo
Dec 10, 2002

Hi. I'm having a hard time with this one and would appreciate at least a direction.

I need a picture of an 18th century European army with hopefully some sort of fantasy element in it. We're talking flintlocks, tricorne hats, canons, and so on. My group is going to be involved in a war with humans and elves fighting orcs and I want to give them a visual. Heck, any 18th century warfare will do, but something funky looking would be great!

ItalicSquirrels
Feb 15, 2007

What?

Mr_Schmoo posted:

Hi. I'm having a hard time with this one and would appreciate at least a direction.

I need a picture of an 18th century European army with hopefully some sort of fantasy element in it. We're talking flintlocks, tricorne hats, canons, and so on. My group is going to be involved in a war with humans and elves fighting orcs and I want to give them a visual. Heck, any 18th century warfare will do, but something funky looking would be great!

This is The Square. A regiment (or company if it was in deep poo poo) would form a literal square with the officers and flags in the center and four sides, each side four men deep. The only time this was used was to guard against cavalry charges. Infantry caught outside a square by cavalry would be annihilated, infantry caught inside square by infantry in line or by cannon would likewise be decimated. For examples of these, read up on the Battle of Waterloo. The fight at Quatre Bras showed what happens to infantry caught by cavalry unprepared. The closing moments of Waterloo itself saw the entire British Army in square to protect against cavalry (none of the squares broke) but being shot to pieces by infantry.

For a spectacular example of The Squares, look up the Battle of Fuentes de Oņoro and General Craufurd's Light Division's fighting retreat.

This here is an assault. These, as you might expect, were goddamned tricky and usually involved battering by artillery followed by a wave of soldiers rushing the place.

Pictures are all well and good, but if I were you, I would play up the utter lack of visibility. There's cannon and musket smoke everywhere. You probably can't see much further than a hundred yards, which is good because that's about as far as you can shoot accurately anyways. This is one of the big reasons for flags and officers on horses. The officers are up above and (hopefully) have a better line of sight, while the flags form a rallying point for any disoriented soldiers. The sounds are horrific. Men are screaming in agony, muskets are crackling, cannons are booming, and that's just on your own side. On the other you can hear the tromp of men's feet as they march to the rattle of drums, and then they stop just inside your line of sight, blurred shapes in the stinking powder fog. You're waiting for orders from your own officers when you hear a thousand muskets simultaneously having their flints drawn back and cocked and you know that in three seconds, hell will visit your little patch of grass.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Mr_Schmoo posted:

I can try to dig up some pictures later; but there is a (old) miniatures game called Flintloque which is a Napoleonic fantasy game.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
I wanna chill out with this bird so bad

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Is that a stained glass cyborg? How the hell did I never think of that :psyduck:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Heatwizard posted:

Is that a stained glass cyborg? How the hell did I never think of that :psyduck:

That is an incredible concept. Too bad it's attached to such a ridiculous cheesecake girl though.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
A week ago I drew all the party members of my groups 4e campaign.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Would you care to introduce them? I'd like to know more, especially about the sous-chef. What's his deal?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Also, was it your choice to have both females with bare midriffs, or theirs?

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Hey, there's a male with a bare midriff too, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Abs of Steel ain't a workout in D&D, it's a spell