Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Prefect Six posted:

Came to post about murderwolfdreadwolf wolfnaught and am staying for the wolfchariot of wolfenstien. :munch:

Welcome to the Wolf Feast brother Bloodwolf. Have some MurderMead around the Bloodfire. That's a mighty fine DarkBolter with AngelRounds. Oh this? It's my YiffHammer.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Pacheeco posted:

Speaking of Chariots: If a Burning Chariot Jinks, is the Exalted Flamer rider forced to Snap Shoot? There's nothing that states occupants of a transport are forced to Snap Shoot if a Skimmer Transport claims a Jink save (a nice boost to Ghost Arks and Dark Eldar transports), but Exalted Flamers aren't traditional "occupants" per se. However a chariot rider's shooting attack is separate from the actual chariot vehicle's shooting attack (if it has one) so ?????

Double-checking "The Rules," Chariots go out of their way to specify that Chariots and Transports are different, and should a Chariot suffer a Stunned result the rider wouldn't suffer a penalty whereas a Transport must make a Leadership check and (if failed) can only fire Snap Shots until the end of the next turn. However, the Jink special rule states that any models in the unit that Jinks (such as the rider of said Chariot) must fire Snap Shots until the end of their next turn (pg. 167).

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

No lovingly greenstuffed red rocket. 0/5 stars.

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

PierreTheMime posted:

Double-checking "The Rules," Chariots go out of their way to specify that Chariots and Transports are different, and should a Chariot suffer a Stunned result the rider wouldn't suffer a penalty whereas a Transport must make a Leadership check and (if failed) can only fire Snap Shots until the end of the next turn. However, the Jink special rule states that any models in the unit that Jinks (such as the rider of said Chariot) must fire Snap Shots until the end of their next turn (pg. 167).

Except it says on p.167 "If the unit Jinks, all models in the unit with this special rule gain a 4+ cover save until the start of their next Movement phase, but they can only fire Snap Shots until the end of their next turn". The Exalted Flamer doesn't have the Jink special rule, the Chariot (being that it is a Skimmer) has the Jink rule. So as far as I can read it, only the Chariot vehicle has to follow the Jink restrictions.

I'm not trying to play "who knows the shittily written rules the best" or anything. It's more pure curiosity given that the Burning Chariot might actually be an okay pick for "Funhammer" lists now.

Pacheeco fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 2, 2014

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Whole lot of people are gonna be pissed about having to remodel their now illegally geared troops. poo poo is bananas.

Don't panic, WYSIWIG is gone and obsolete models remain legal anyway.

JerryLee posted:

No lovingly greenstuffed red rocket. 0/5 stars.

God dammit, this long without a sheath reference.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 2, 2014

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Pacheeco posted:

Except it says on p.167 "If the unit Jinks, all models in the unit with this special rule gain a 4+ cover save until the start of their next Movement phase, but they can only fire Snap Shots until the end of their next turn". The Exalted Flamer doesn't have the Jink special rule, the Chariot (being that it is a Skimmer) has the Jink rule; in the same way that Necron Warriors don't have the Jink rule, it's the Ghost Ark that carries the rule. So as far as I can read it only the Chariot vehicle has to follow those restrictions.

I'm not trying to play "who knows the shittily written rules the best" or anything. It's more pure curiosity given that the Burning Chariot might actually be an okay pick for "Funhammer" lists now.

p.86: "A chariot is an unusual unit with a dual profile - a non-vehicle profile for the rider of the Charios, and a vehicle profile for the Chariot itself. However, a Chariot is always treated as a single model. For the purposes of characteristics tests, always use the rider's profile. Furthermore, any characteristics modifiers that affect a chariot model apply to both rider and Chariot."

So snap shots would apply to both the vehicle and rider similarly.

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

koreban posted:

p.86: "A chariot is an unusual unit with a dual profile - a non-vehicle profile for the rider of the Charios, and a vehicle profile for the Chariot itself. However, a Chariot is always treated as a single model. For the purposes of characteristics tests, always use the rider's profile. Furthermore, any characteristics modifiers that affect a chariot model apply to both rider and Chariot."

So snap shots would apply to both the vehicle and rider similarly.

That's solid rules proof to me. There's not much difference between a 4+ cover and a 5+ invul anyways.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Is it just me or are Codexes coming out faster and faster? Which honestly is a good and bad thing, but man I really hope the Codex by the end of the year is not Necrons.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Is it just me or are Codexes coming out faster and faster? Which honestly is a good and bad thing, but man I really hope the Codex by the end of the year is not Necrons.

This was a goal at the start of 6th if I recall correctly. I'm happy for it because it means, say, the Chaos book will get redone sooner rather than later.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
I can't remember if it was posted here or I read it on my FLGS' facebook feed, but the rumored list was going to be something like Space Wolves, WHFB something or other, Hobbit/LoTR, Chaos supplements & dataslates, Dark Elder, Blood Angels (possibly in a campaign-style pairing) appearing in or around February 2015.

At least, that's what everyone at the FLGS has been talking about as the general timeline (we have several blüd angels players who aren't at all happy about yiff marines getting love before they do).

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I too wish they had done blood angels before space wolves because I have about 30 assault marines I'd love to turn into a BA allied detatchment. Ultramarine assault marines don't seem very good, but I guess they would get one turn of fleet.

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

koreban posted:

I can't remember if it was posted here or I read it on my FLGS' facebook feed, but the rumored list was going to be something like Space Wolves, WHFB something or other, Hobbit/LoTR, Chaos supplements & dataslates, Dark Elder, Blood Angels (possibly in a campaign-style pairing) appearing in or around February 2015.

At least, that's what everyone at the FLGS has been talking about as the general timeline (we have several blüd angels players who aren't at all happy about yiff marines getting love before they do).

last rumors I saw were that WHFB is getting a pause throughout the end of the year so they can get as much 40k out as possible

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
William Murderfang Murderfang Murderfang

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Pack up the thread, we're done here.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

This is from a few pages back but when people say "Good, but overcosted" when describing a model, well, that means it isn't good? Points cost is easily the most vital factor in how good a unit is.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Karandras posted:

This is from a few pages back but when people say "Good, but overcosted" when describing a model, well, that means it isn't good? Points cost is easily the most vital factor in how good a unit is.

I think that, speaking for myself at least, that this means that the model does what it's intended to but costs more than it probably should be. For example, Terminators (the regular variety) are "good, but overcosted" in a lot of ways- they have a good mix of shooting firepower and melee hitting power and there's precious few units they aren't a significant threat to. But given how expensive they are, they don't do quite enough to really justify themselves, especially with needing to Deep Strike in and all. You could also look at something like the Forgefiend in this respect- what it does is useful (it throw out more S8 shots than the Grey Knights Psybolt/Autocannon Dreadnought does, actually), but you're paying too much to get that capacity.

The flip side would be something like Genestealers- due to a variety of design problems, they are not actually good at doing their main job (assaulting Marines.) If you made them cheap enough then yeah, they would eventually work, but their main problem is less one of price and more one of functionality.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Cythereal posted:

Faith in GW restored. 40k is at its finest when it's tap-dancing on the line between silly and awesome.

Nah man, GW is at its best when it stops tap-dancing that line and just starts skanking in the realm of silly. That's why this chariot is so great. :v:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hollismason posted:

Where have you been for the last two years? This ain't new.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Did someone else post this earlier or was it one of those finds I cannot recollect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR0cymJtyLg

quote:

The not so await first episode of the new series "Fresh tales from the crypt". Come closer as The Fresh Sorcerer opens the horrible as gently caress "Fanoros Fictionomicon", unleashing the darkest horrors of the internet.

Question: What does Sonic the headgehog have to do with Warhammer 40k? Absolutley loving nothing.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Post 9-11 User posted:

Did someone else post this earlier or was it one of those finds I cannot recollect?

This is appropriate use of the internet.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Post 9-11 User posted:

Oh god, it hurts so much

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

While GW releases dumb looking models, Forge World has discontinued the Kroot and Tallarn models. :(

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Personally I find the WolfSled to be Rogue Trader as hell and I love it. Murderfist is allright though I'm not fond of the head sticking out while Bjorn and the Venerable are hella sweet.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Improbable Lobster posted:

Personally I find the WolfSled to be Rogue Trader as hell and I love it. Murderfist is allright though I'm not fond of the head sticking out while Bjorn and the Venerable are hella sweet.

I have to see more details on the sled, but turning it into a Chaos Marine Slaanesh love sled (counts as lord on daemonic steed) should be fun!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I saw a model kit and immediately thought of the ork possibilities. A 1:72 Sabre jet.

Is the any particular method I should follow in looting it up, or should I just slam poo poo together until it looks right? Because of the scale, the pilot would be barely get their legs into the cockpit, leaving the rest of them hunched over the fuselage like a go-kart, which is good.

The kit came with two iron bombs and two fuel tanks which kind of look like bombs, so I'm going to have to improvise some more cannons and explosives.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shadeoses posted:

I saw a model kit and immediately thought of the ork possibilities. A 1:72 Sabre jet.

Is the any particular method I should follow in looting it up, or should I just slam poo poo together until it looks right? Because of the scale, the pilot would be barely get their legs into the cockpit, leaving the rest of them hunched over the fuselage like a go-kart, which is good.

The kit came with two iron bombs and two fuel tanks which kind of look like bombs, so I'm going to have to improvise some more cannons and explosives.

the profile of that isn't far off the actual dakkajet.

I would recommend against just slamming stuff together. take a look at the kit, imagine if it crashed. what areas of the kit would be damaged or wrecked and how would an ork repair them. Additionally, how would an ork improve on the original design. sketch out your ideas. decide where the orks would have to bolt pieces back on or where they'd add weapons,jets, rockets or propellers. What materials would they repair it with?

Even though ork looted vehicles are ramshackle there should definitely be an orky logic to it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Shadeoses posted:

Looks a lot like the Dakkajet, just smaller.

Also saw this while GISing:

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!

Cream_Filling posted:

Looks a lot like the Dakkajet, just smaller.

Also saw this while GISing:

Does that mean it repels Jewish occupation or something? I must be missing something(?) :confused:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Dakkajets? That Games Workshop published rules for the Flyin' 'Eadbutt absolves them of many sins. That rule... loving incredible.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Zog is one of the fake curse words GW uses for orks.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Shadeoses posted:

The Mig 15 is another good Dakkajet conversion base.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Today I made a Captain and then painted him. He came out as the best painted miniature I've ever done :neckbeard:

Army so far:

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Creepy Goat posted:

Today I made a Captain and then painted him. He came out as the best painted miniature I've ever done :neckbeard:

Army so far:

I like it! The pose is great; are those assault marine legs? I didn't notice the cape at first because I was busy trying to guess what all of the bits are. Which bit is the cape?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
My new favorite thing is summoning Heralds of Slaanesh then immediately casting Psychic Shriek. I did not realize at all how powerful this spell was until I regularly started using it.

Plus, Sacrifice is 1 Warp Charge which with a Chaos Sorcerer w/ Spell Familiar is super easy to cast.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

drgnvale posted:

I like it! The pose is great; are those assault marine legs? I didn't notice the cape at first because I was busy trying to guess what all of the bits are. Which bit is the cape?

Looks like the Sanguinary guard torso/legs. drat that looks good.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

drgnvale posted:

Thanks! I think the cape is from the Chaplain Enkomi Forgeworld model, and the legs might be Sanguinary Guard since they were in the a baggy with a bunch of Blood Angel stuff. Still not 100% on the cape colour but I'll see how it fits with the rest of the army scheme before changing it.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
So I'm thinking of throwing together a campaign for me and my little brother to play out. It will be my first campaign and it will be CSM versus Space Marines. To that end I have bought the altar of war missions for both CSM and SM, kill team, and I found a PDF of the death world rules. From these I'll probably pick the missions that will suit the narrative I eventually come up with. Are there any other resources I could use to help build missions?

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Miniwargaming make some cool story-based missions that they play out on their YT channel, might be worth watching a few for inspiration.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Creepy Goat posted:

Miniwargaming make some cool story-based missions that they play out on their YT channel, might be worth watching a few for inspiration.

That was what actually inspired me to do this. I'm thinking of aping the concept of one of Dave's campaigns. They also are what turned me onto the Death world table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Having played against Thunderfire Cannons for the first time just now, let me say: gently caress Thunderfire Cannons. Against my sweet AV13 wall of Necron vehicles he just poo poo out a few of the dangerous terrain shots and immobilized 2 of my vehicles on the first turn. Catacomb Command Barges are sick as gently caress now. Being able to direct the easy or unlikely poo poo (S6-7 weaponry) against the CCB is rad and having a Phase Shifter on the Overlord to tank the dangerous poo poo (melta weapons) is really awesome.

• Locked thread