Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The tanks for Stone Ocean had two volume numbers listed on them. One for part 6 soecifically and the other for the JoJo series as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Waffleman_ posted:

There were slightly different subtitles for the issue releases compared to the tankoban releases for the first six parts.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Johnathan Joestar: His Youth
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Joseph Joestar: His Proud Lineage
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Jotaro Kujo: Heritage for the Future
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Josuke Higashikata
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Giorno Giovanna: Golden Heritage
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Jolyne Cujoh: Stone Ocean

Steel Ball Run and Jojolion have always been those.

Josuke didn't get a subtitle. :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

They made up for it later by giving him 2 subtitles

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Waffleman_ posted:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Josuke Higashikata: His Hair

This should've been the official title.

And on every cover, he'd look pissed off at the reader. :allears:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I wonder if they'll censor the baby's face when he lights up that huge cigar next episode...

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Conversely, I think Diamond is Unbreakable is the best title of the new titles.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

Conversely, I think Diamond is Unbreakable is the best title of the new titles.

Was diamond is not crash a duwangism or was that the proper translation used by araki? I like to think that he went "This sounds dumb as hell, I'll just call it what the americans have been calling it for a while"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The official translation was Diamond is Not Crash until one of the All-Star Battle trailers started using Diamond is Unbreakable.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I'm still going to stick with Diamond is not Crash

molokidan
Apr 22, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why is it called "Stardust Crusaders", anyway? I mean "Crusaders" I get, but I'm not sure what Stardust has to do with anything unless it's a reference to Star Platinum. The next three parts mention the main characters' Stand in their titles, after all.

This question is easily answered through an understanding of one of the most basic rules of manga and anime. Most Engrish titles are chosen because they SOUND REALLY COOL to whoever came up with them.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
But Gyro is the main character of SBR and his stand is Ball Breaker :confused:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

amuayse posted:

But Gyro is the main character of SBR and his stand is Ball Breaker :confused:

That's why it's called Steel Ball Run and not Tusk.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
One day a Zeppeli will survive to the end of a Jojo's arc and kill a notable vampire.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I still can't figure out why there wasn't a Zeppeli in Vento Aureo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bruno is an honorary one

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Bruno is an honorary one

I thought he was an honorary JoJo

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I thought he was an honorary JoJo

Why not both?

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Nahxela posted:

One day a Zeppeli will survive to the end of a Jojo's arc and kill a notable vampire.

Also he'll be a dog

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I still can't figure out why there wasn't a Zeppeli in Vento Aureo.

They were all dead.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waffleman_ posted:

They were all dead.
Caesar had siblings but they were, uh, normal people.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Waffleman_ posted:

They were all dead.

So was Bruno. Didn't hold him down.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What in fact killed Bruno made him stronger. Don't let anyone lie to you, death is not overrated.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Was there even any reason for that? Did Buccelati just keep his dead body going by sheer will alone?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wasn't it related to that loving stupid Rolling Stone epilogue? Like it was a Stand ability?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I thought it had something to do with Giorno patching him together at just the right time or something.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Buccellati was just too awesome to die at that moment.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Buccellati was just too awesome to die at that moment.

Isn't that specifically the main theme of part VI? I seem to remember them talking about "my anime resolve" a hell of a lot.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Butt Ghost posted:

I thought it had something to do with Giorno patching him together at just the right time or something.

Yeah, basically Giorno healed him shortly after/during death, thus keeping his soul in his dead body.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I thought king crimson erased the moment his soul left his body.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

King Crimson does a lot of things.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It was probably a freak combination of several factors, factor one being gently caress you Bruno dies when he says he does.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah basically it could be any combination of Giorno punching the life back into him, King Crimson erasing the actual death point, and Bruno saying he dies when he wants to die.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Waffleman_ posted:

Wasn't it related to that loving stupid Rolling Stone epilogue? Like it was a Stand ability?

I actually re-read this bit because people keep talking about it, and it makes way more sense now.

The idea behind this epilogue is saying "hey, all of these people were hosed from the start". They were all 「Fated」 to die eventually or whatever (fate being like, one of the biggest running themes in this series) and the only reason Bruno got a bit more time was because of a bunch of stand fuckery/bruno having 「Resolve」 because he owns bones. It's a little weird as an epilogue (and loving stupid with the translation) but I dunno where else you would put "a dude gypsy cursed half of the cast to die sooner rather then later, final destination style" unless you did something silly like only tell the first part of the rolling stone chapters near the start and doing the rest later (and expecting people to remember that poo poo for three years).

Anyway, it all makes (comparatively) more sense then Okuyasu surviving having a giant hole in his torso because he talked to his ghost bro and realized he doesn't really feel like dying right now, especially when Josuke is specifically unable to bring people back to life (while with giorno it's just very strongly implied because you can't just stuff new organs into dead people)

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
now that I think about it, final destination is a pretty good metaphor, because bruno is like that dude in the first movie who manages to survive all sorts of hosed up stuff because he's just SO DETERMINED to not die and everyone thinks he managed to have his death get skipped over on deaths big list of "dudes what needs to die" or whatever bullshit that movie was about, but then he dies after/during the end credits out of nowhere anyway because it doesn't actually work that way and you can only delay that poo poo for a little bit, not prevent it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MachuPikacchu posted:

Yeah, basically Giorno healed him shortly after/during death, thus keeping his soul in his dead body.

This is also how I interpreted it. The King Crimson "It just works" thing is a more than acceptable alternative theory to me though.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
My friends went to Japan and apparently JoJo briefs are totally a thing and they totally bought a pair for me. They're somewhere between weird and cool, with added skin irritation due to them being 100% polyester.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I really want this pair but they have been long sold out

This pair is really rad too, but I don't need my girlfriend crying when I take my pants off

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I, too, wish to have Johnny and Gyro on each of my asscheeks.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Butt Ghost posted:

this but unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Butt Ghost posted:

Neo_Crimson posted:

this but unironically.

• Locked thread