Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

BlindSite posted:

It looks like Metamoris cancelled him being on the card because they couldn't get a crew out to film his prep. If that's true it's the most BJJ thing in history. loving sucks I really wanted to see him compete. Apparently he's in talks to do the next metamoris though.
Due to the "internet backlash" Ralek has now a rapid 180 and confirmed Kit is back on the card as before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Taratang posted:

Due to the "internet backlash" Ralek has now a rapid 180 and confirmed Kit is back on the card as before.

now that is the most bjj thing possible.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Xguard86 posted:

now that is the most bjj thing possible.

Mad scrambles are a wrestling thing iirc.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Captain Log posted:

Do you still train hard? I always wanted to see you avenge your amatuer loss to that human muscle that didn't know when his ankle exploded.

I'm currently in the process of getting back up to my former training volume; I've been rehabbing a back injury for most of this year.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Rickson on the podcast is awesome. Hes training kron for a human dogfight. I Could listen to this guy all day.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rickson is such a dick. I know he's probably one of, if not the best Gracie at BJJ, but he was pretty much absent when it came to Kron's career until Kron became an irresistible grappling force of awesomeness, now he wants to help / take credit. Kron talked about it when he was on that his dad didn't train him much as a youngster and was pretty much absent whenever Kron asked him for help.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

BlindSite posted:

Rickson is such a dick. I know he's probably one of, if not the best Gracie at BJJ, but he was pretty much absent when it came to Kron's career until Kron became an irresistible grappling force of awesomeness, now he wants to help / take credit. Kron talked about it when he was on that his dad didn't train him much as a youngster and was pretty much absent whenever Kron asked him for help.

I don't know why I'm defending a Gracie but... if i remember Kron's episode on Rogan's podcast this really isn't the case. Kron was kind of ambivalent about pursuing BJJ (and wanted to be a skateboarder) until he was like 15 or 16 after his brother gave him a talk. At that point Rickson's back was hosed and his marriage was ruined (i think?) and he went back to Brazil to relax. Kron said he grew up with his dad teaching him poo poo and that he'd call him on the phone about BJJ and work out stuff in person when they could. Rickson could very well be an rear end in a top hat, but I'm pretty sure he taught Kron as a kid and gave him advice as an adult.

e- We could be mixing up details here and there but I certainly didn't come away with the feeling "wow Rickson's a dick" from listening to Kron's ep.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 23, 2014

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I heard he chilled out a lot after Rockson died.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Seltzer posted:

I don't know why I'm defending a Gracie but... if i remember Kron's episode on Rogan's podcast this really isn't the case. Kron was kind of ambivalent about pursuing BJJ (and wanted to be a skateboarder) until he was like 15 or 16 after his brother gave him a talk. At that point Rickson's back was hosed and his marriage was ruined (i think?) and he went back to Brazil to relax. Kron said he grew up with his dad teaching him poo poo and that he'd call him on the phone about BJJ and work out stuff in person when they could. Rickson could very well be an rear end in a top hat, but I'm pretty sure he taught Kron as a kid and gave him advice as an adult.

e- We could be mixing up details here and there but I certainly didn't come away with the feeling "wow Rickson's a dick" from listening to Kron's ep.

Kron talked about getting ready for something big, can't remember whether it was the worlds or abu dhabi or what but his old man said he'd come help him out and then didn't show up until the day before he was meant to leave.

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head
I don't know if this is the video footage of the podcast you were just discussing, but it's a good watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Ccl5jY9do

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
http://www.adcombat.com/kid-peligro-jiu-jitsu-news-adcc-confirms-new-superfight-for-2015-renzo-gracie-v-matt-hughes

Henzo vs. Rughes at ADCC next year.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

This sounds pretty cool

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
woooo got my first bjj injury

thank god for hydrocodone

rolling, arm twisted in a funky way and felt something pop in my elbow, now it is/was in searing pain but it still moves around just fine

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
I don't get Renzo's motive here. With or without striking I can pretty easily see Hughes taking him down and laying on him on his way towards a points win.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Yuriy posted:

woooo got my first bjj injury

thank god for hydrocodone

rolling, arm twisted in a funky way and felt something pop in my elbow, now it is/was in searing pain but it still moves around just fine

drat son. Sounds like you might have popped a bursa sac, but I'm not a doctor. Have you had it looked at yet?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Memento posted:

drat son. Sounds like you might have popped a bursa sac, but I'm not a doctor. Have you had it looked at yet?

Yeah, that sac is gonna leak alot of stuff you might not want leaked in your whatnot's. Go to a doctor.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Grifter posted:

I don't get Renzo's motive here.

Renzo likes to compete.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

When did Saulo get a tattoo of Nicolas Cage

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

fatherdog posted:

Renzo likes to compete.

Prob getting a decent pay day as well, even for a loss.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I thought Hughes was banned from ADCC for the Jeremy Horn setup? Or was that just a rumor?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 30, 2017

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

I am literally a doctor and that sucks.

The hell you are.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 2, 2017

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

omg chael crash posted:

Hey, man, I never said what kind.

are you that dude whos a math teacher

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
There's a good racket in that!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

origami posted:

There's a good racket in that!

Having previously worked as a recruiter for a school's grad of ed program I'll say...eehhhhhh...?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Question about Metamoris - if Dean wears a gi, can Barnett wear tassels?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Question about Metamoris - if Dean wears a gi, can Barnett wear tassels?

There are specific rules about attire in the contract for each bout, and you can't change your mind later or the attorneys get involved. Dean will never wear a gi because it will mean his favorite move is banned.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Tonon vs Dale prematch video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph7Rim2kAWo

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msb9AfMQ_XY

The "everyone look the same direction at the same time and then we'll speed it up" thing is unnecessarily creepy.

Was the "secret match" ever leaked?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I gotta give it to them, though, they are trying to get people to watch. Metamoris isn't the only grappling thing out there, but they definitely seem to know how to grab headlines. I never really watch pure grappling type stuff. Metamoris 3 started to change that. Now I'm hyped for this.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Agent Tough Juice posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msb9AfMQ_XY

The "everyone look the same direction at the same time and then we'll speed it up" thing is unnecessarily creepy.

Was the "secret match" ever leaked?

That was a good promo, I don't see the problem

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Novum posted:

That was a good promo, I don't see the problem

I mostly liked it too

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

Chael Sonnen’s jiu-jitsu coach Fabiano "Pega-Leve" Scherner told MMAFighting on Wednesday night that the former UFC middleweight and light heavyweight title challenger had decided to travel to Los Angeles and will battle Andre Galvao in the main event.

Sonnen is aware that the commission might go after him after the grappling match, Scherner said, but he had no choice but to honor his commitment with Metamoris and compete.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
This thread's name should probably change given that there is an actual Metamoris GDT now.

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head

Grifter posted:

This thread's name should probably change given that there is an actual Metamoris GDT now.

Grappling: Use joo hips.

Grappling: Ayee, go slow beginners

Grappling: The Gayest Sport

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

I would change the name if I could but thats FD only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I know wrestling is rotten on your knees, but how is training BJJ or any other grappling discipline? (Assume gyms associated with Palhares are outliers and should not be counted.)

I keep toying with the idea of looking into taking casual jiu jitsu classes on a longer-term basis, but I've picked up jogging again and knee problems run in my family as it is, so I'm not too keen on tearing them to shreds either.