Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Please let the Hierarchy feature prominently in the new expansion. Ideally playable, but just having a big arc works too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarrin
Oct 2, 2004

DNS is Magic

bubbles depo posted:

Well clearly this needs to be photoshopped into the logo and pasted all over the official forums.

Who needs Photoshop when you can simply ask a dev to wear a Dental hat:

He didn't want to show his face but the "DEV" badge of the left sleeve is legit.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Zarrin posted:

Who needs Photoshop when you can simply ask a dev to wear a Dental hat:

He didn't want to show his face but the "DEV" badge of the left sleeve is legit.

Pretty sure that guy's pic was posted a page back. Now the pubbies will have someone to hate.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I feel bad for anyone who sunk a ton of dil/ec/$ to get mk12 ultra rare crafted weapons.

Because they have a mental illness.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I feel bad for anyone who sunk a ton of dil/ec/$ to get mk12 ultra rare crafted weapons.

Because they have a mental illness.
Ahahaha I hadn't realized they just invalidated the entire crafting system after all of a week. :allears: Admittedly you'll probably be able to craft Mk14 stuff with the same skills so having the head dtart is good, but now it's extra double pointless to actually make things meanwhile.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Cryptic posted:

Q&A: science ships not competitive, especially when not in fleet. Crafting is for that. New tac heavy Sci ships coming

Uhhhhhh. I guess they mean the traits or something? I don't know if I'm too attached to my Tac Vesta or not. A super shiny real-T6 Intrepid would work, too. For as much as I hate the series, I really do like that ship!

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Asimo posted:

They won't do this since they want people to buy the latest ship thing whenever it comes out regardless of what type of ship it is. This is a big part of why they killed the ship-specific piloting skills back when they revamped the skill system when F2P hit.

Oh no the grind is just for the pleb ships. Real Money ships are useable immediately. But if you grind the reps (and pay to speed up the grind) you get an extra console with a set bonus if you also have the real money version.

It's the classic one-two combination PWE has used before in STO.

0x0hShit
Mar 11, 2011

Somebody's twitter posted:

X2 in October. "Delta Rising"
Telling the story of what has happened since Voyager in the delta quadrant

This expansion might be legit awesome if it follows STO's current trend of painting the crew of Voyager as a bunch of incompetent fuckups who left the Delta Quadrant in shambles as they bravely searched for coffee in exploration nebula made their way home.

Darksaber posted:

Uhhhhhh. I guess they mean the traits or something? I don't know if I'm too attached to my Tac Vesta or not. A super shiny real-T6 Intrepid would work, too. For as much as I hate the series, I really do like that ship!

I too miss scooting around in my old Intrepid. It was such a pretty little ship. :unsmith:

e VVV:

Berke Negri posted:

Can't genocide something that has already been genocided

The Voyager crew didn't do it right the first time, so we're going back to correct their mistake.

0x0hShit fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 3, 2014

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Nessus posted:

Well in season 8 we killed lots of Voth. And in season 9, we've killed lots of species 8342.

So if you're saying we're going to enact mass slaughter on Neelix's species I'm down

Can't genocide something that has already been genocided

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Asimo posted:

Ahahaha I hadn't realized they just invalidated the entire crafting system after all of a week. :allears: Admittedly you'll probably be able to craft Mk14 stuff with the same skills so having the head dtart is good, but now it's extra double pointless to actually make things meanwhile.

Nah, they said there'd be MK XIV stuff in crafting. Guess we know why it goes up to 20 now...

Mondian fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 3, 2014

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

0x0hShit posted:

The Voyager crew didn't do it right the first time, so we're going back to correct their mistake.

The Voyager crew didn't do it at all the first time. The Talaxians did themselves man. We got witnesses.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I can't believe I didn't do this before, can someone shoot a NoP invite at T'ot@mesarthim1 when the chance arises

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DatonKallandor posted:

Oh no the grind is just for the pleb ships. Real Money ships are useable immediately. But if you grind the reps (and pay to speed up the grind) you get an extra console with a set bonus if you also have the real money version.

It's the classic one-two combination PWE has used before in STO.

The question is, how Real Money are fleet ships? You - or someone else - do have to bang out at least 2000 zen for 'em...

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
How many people still want to kill me? Can we up that number? I'd like to try.

I might hop on every now and then.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
God I hope whatever Romulans get for Tier 6 blows the Scimitar out of the water. Even if it's just comparable stats-wise but looks like the other Romulan ships, it'll be a huge win.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm sure there'll be a Tier 6 version of the Scimitar and every other ship.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Nessus posted:

I can't believe I didn't do this before, can someone shoot a NoP invite at T'ot@mesarthim1 when the chance arises

Zartek posted:

Can someone invite me to Nerds of Prey on tanya desjani@zartekmattlov?

Hal_2005 posted:

Can I get access to the wiki ? I feel like a retard (more than normal) asking dumb questions or looking at 2012 pubbie guides on the interwebs. Was told to post in the thread to get unlock.

edit: account name to the shut up wiki is hal2005. I am a really original thinker.

You're all invited to the channel and/or authorised on the wiki.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Hopped on, pubbie upset that I stopped gassing them and went to ds9. Harassed some people in zone. Off to a good night.

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
Delta Quadrant increases the chances of seeing Neelix in game and finally being able to Strangle Neelix.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

I'm honestly hoping for a bit similar to the Klingon tutorial where you punch out the screaming Ferengi but involving a Talaxian.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

They should have a Talaxian bounty. More dead Talaxians, more marks for whatever grind they have next.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The, uh... Undine... have infiltrated Talax. The infiltration disguises are perfect this time? So you'll just have to take our word that these are shapeshifters.

Kill them all.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really hope they put in T6 variants of the event and lockbox ships. No reason not to, especially if they want new players to keep grinding for those ships. I wouldn't mind buying a few fleet modules to upgrade them, as opposed to upgrading them through the new crafting system.

Thom12255 posted:

If it makes you feel better he's been in Starfleet for 30 years and your character made Cadet to Admiral in less than a year.

Everyone gets a better deal than O'Brien, even Harry.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is it bad that I kind of liked Neelix? Sure he was a tool sometimes, but his heart was in the right place :(

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
Don't forget, it's Star Trek canon that the original Harry Kim is a corpse floating in Delta Quadrant space. :v:

I really hope there's a nod to that episode, if they must delve into more terrible episodes of Voyager to make content out of.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

The, uh... Undine... have infiltrated Talax. The infiltration disguises are perfect this time? So you'll just have to take our word that these are shapeshifters.

Kill them all.
Photon torpedoes from orbit, don't want to risk contamination.

Danaru posted:

Is it bad that I kind of liked Neelix? Sure he was a tool sometimes, but his heart was in the right place :(
Like everything else in Voyager, there was the core of a good idea in there ruined by absolutely abysmal writing. Well, and costume design too in his case.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Violent Kitten posted:

Don't forget, it's Star Trek canon that the original Harry Kim is a corpse floating in Delta Quadrant space. :v:

Actually, watch carefully and you realise that Harry Kim is actually the only original left. It was the ship of soulless quantum duplicates that survived.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Actually, watch carefully and you realise that Harry Kim is actually the only original left. It was the ship of soulless quantum duplicates that survived.

What episode is this? This is too creepy to be true.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

BombermanX posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlock_(Star_Trek:_Voyager)

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

http://pastebin.com/2BhcV9U4

Star Trek Online Season 10: supports the idea of eugenics

[8/3 12:40] [Zone #4] Mecredi Addams@marquisnoir: don't let these idiot represent america. It is a good country, like in any country, idiots are around
[8/3 12:40] [Zone #4] Big Nick@bignick3: Sort of supports the idea of eugenics dosen't it?

We got some great gems here!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

BombermanX posted:

Deadlock.

There's two Voyagers unknowingly overlapping in the same space after they go through the duplication field, Voyager A and B. We follow A initially. A is a couple of seconds behind B - they're about to start their plan to fix what's wrong with their warp core, but before they can they start getting wrecked by the side effects of B doing said plan. And when the Vidiians attack, it's B that they see, A is invisible to them. B was the real Voyager. It gets blown up due to the Vidiian attack. A, the duplicate, survives.

Over the course of events, A's Harry Kim gets blown out into space, and Janeway B sends Kim B over the rift between ships to A as a replacement (along with Naomi Wildman B, because Naomi A miscarried in birth due to the ship falling apart earlier in the episode after Voyager B unwittingly fucks Voyager A over). Rest of the crew can go gently caress themselves, though.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 3, 2014

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Deadlock.

There's two Voyagers unknowingly overlapping in the same space after they go through the duplication field, Voyager A and B. We follow A initially. A is a couple of seconds behind B - they're about to start their plan to fix what's wrong with their warp core, but before they can they start getting wrecked by the side effects of B doing said plan. And when the Vidiians attack, it's B that they see, A is invisible to them. B was the real Voyager. It gets blown up due to the Vidiian attack. A, the duplicate, survives.

Over the course of events, A's Harry Kim gets blown out into space, and Janeway B sends Kim B over the rift between ships to A as a replacement (along with Naomi Wildman B, because Naomi A miscarried in birth due to the ship falling apart earlier in the episode after Voyager B unwittingly fucks Voyager A over). Rest of the crew can go gently caress themselves, though.

wow you couldnt make this poo poo up

well, you could and then make a tv show about it!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

As Voyager episodes go, it's better than average.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
When they first introduced the fleet ship system they buffed the galor & bugship to their current level.

I would be amazed if they didn't buff all lockbox ships to tier 6 level when Delta comes out. After all they want to keep selling lock boxes, right?

We are all looking at probably re-purchasing all our space & ground gear again. Maybe there will be some sort of upgrade mechanic? I doubt it - people spending money to shortcut in-game resource gathering is absolutely part of their business model.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

DancingShade posted:

When they first introduced the fleet ship system they buffed the galor & bugship to their current level.

I would be amazed if they didn't buff all lockbox ships to tier 6 level when Delta comes out. After all they want to keep selling lock boxes, right?

We are all looking at probably re-purchasing all our space & ground gear again. Maybe there will be some sort of upgrade mechanic? I doubt it - people spending money to shortcut in-game resource gathering is absolutely part of their business model.

There will be some kind of upgrade mechanic, but how extensive it is, and how complete it is, isn't known yet. It may upgrade your equipment to Mk XIV, it may just upgrade it to Mk XIII.V. They have said the new Tier 6 ships will have special stuff that even the upgraded Tier 5/5.5/Fleet ships won't have.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Now seems a good time to remind everyone that the best weapons in the game (galor pissbeams) scale with your level and you don't need to worry about upgrading them :cool:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Motherfuckers better let me upgrade my fancy distortion pew pew gun.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Danaru posted:

By which you mean he was in love with a two year old.

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.

MikeJF posted:

If that's so, they've screwed up their own canon. :psyduck:

Memory Alpha states Harry Kim was replaced by a 'quantum duplicate' and there's a Star Trek Voyager novel which references the episode; Harry and Naomi Wildman are out of slightly out of sync with the rest of the universe, as a result, they can tell the bad guy of the novel is a bad guy. Wish I could remember the name of the novel, but like most Star Trek novels, it's forgettable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

DancingShade posted:

Now seems a good time to remind everyone that the best weapons in the game (galor pissbeams) scale with your level and you don't need to worry about upgrading them :cool:

That's true of certain other weapons and things, also. The ground proton gun, yes. The classic space phasers from the low-level Constitution, also, as opposed to the ones from the story. Most of them are tagged Mark Infinity.

Fleet gear and Rep gear's just been invalidated, though.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 3, 2014

• Locked thread