Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Hi, all. It's been many moons since I've participated in the thread. Thanks to Stuffins, DLAO, and jimmy da fish for sending me cards (some from April!!). In return, here's a picture of my greyhound, Anna, and all the stuff y'all sent. She's showing her approval by sleeping. That's her superpower.

I'll be sending postcards out soon.

Edit: I totally forgot to metnion Genesplicer's postcard! It was weird and funny. Thanks!

Shoozy fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Thank you Keetron for your postcard. :-)

I found my postcard booklet of asking awkward questions with cute animal pictures. Some are wildly inappropriate.... Who would like me to send them one?

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

DLAO posted:

Thank you Keetron for your postcard. :-)

I found my postcard booklet of asking awkward questions with cute animal pictures. Some are wildly inappropriate.... Who would like me to send them one?

Animals asking Inappropriate questions? Count me in!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

I owe several people thank yous - Shoozy, DLAO, the pit goddess, Stuffins and Crazy Old Clarice thank you all for the cards. I've been distracted lately with my garden and my new kitten (squee!). But I do have some cards to send soon.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Thank you all, I will try to send out a bunch of postcards tomorrow.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Shoozy! I got your postcard today! YAY!!!

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
Sent a bunch of cards out, so some of you are getting belated replies from me shortly!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I owe a huge apology to the thread. I've been receiving goon mail and been unable to send any out, and I haven't even been saying thank you. My life's been overrun with chaos--money's tight, my mom is incredibly sick and has been in hospital for two months now so things like this have taken a back seat and I'd totally understand if I were taken off the list.

That being said, I have letters here from Keetron, Ullinguist and Genesplicer. Thank you guys, and I know there are others somewhere so thank you everyone!

khamul
Jul 27, 2006
Shadow of the East
Hello,
khamul
2092 Farleigh Rd
Upper Arlington, OH 43221
USA

I'm a bit late to this thread-- by several years it seems-- but feel free to send correspondence or cards of any description. I like to print off and send vintage postcards, letters, trading cards etc and enjoy history, the arcane, pop culture and zines.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

khamul posted:

Hello,
khamul
2092 Farleigh Rd
Upper Arlington, OH 43221
USA

I'm a bit late to this thread-- by several years it seems-- but feel free to send correspondence or cards of any description. I like to print off and send vintage postcards, letters, trading cards etc and enjoy history, the arcane, pop culture and zines.

Prepare your mailbox, there are a few very dedicated mailers in this thread.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Keetron posted:

Prepare your mailbox, there are a few very dedicated mailers in this thread.

This is very true.

Thank you, Keetron for the Bacardi postcard - I went to their factory when I honeymooned in Puerto Rico. Good times.

Thanks also to Pandora, The Abominable Snow and DLAO for your recent mail. Dee, the wallet is awesome!

brotato
May 14, 2013
Got mail from Stuffins and TheAbominableSnow, thanks y'all! I've got letters that are going out tomorrow (post guy comes way earlier in the day at my new place for some reason.)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

TheAbominableSnow posted:

Sent a bunch of cards out, so some of you are getting belated replies from me shortly!

I got mine a few days ago! Thank you so much, TheAbominable Snow!

Lamb--- I am SO GLAD you liked it! :-)

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

Hey everyone! I usually send out cards during the Christmas season but I'm currently going through a tough job search right now would love to exchange mail with people to take my mind off things. My info is:

Opera Bitch or Naomi D. (My mailman finds it funny when I get stuff addressed to my username.)
556 Woodtick Rd
Wolcott, CT 06716

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I am sorry you all, my life had taken a turn for the worse these past couple of weeks so I haven't been able to send out any messages, I got mugged sunday so I need to replace my cellphone so that is about a 300 dollars gone away next payday. So Que Sera Sera, but yeah might be a while before I send off the postcards.

Shenanigansluck
Dec 10, 2013
It has been many moons since I have been on here. I have received a few cards/ post cards since then and do owe thanks :) I will give properly addressed thanks when I unpack those cards. I will be sending out some cards in the near future now that I have myself back together.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Opera Bitch posted:

Hey everyone! I usually send out cards during the Christmas season but I'm currently going through a tough job search right now would love to exchange mail with people to take my mind off things. My info is:

Opera Bitch

Hehehe! I got your smelly card yesterday! My husband got in the car and I was like 'What is that smell?'and he said he didn't know what I was talking about, but handed me the mail and I was like... It's the card!! Beachwalk smelled very lovely! <3

Senior Scarybagels--- I'm so sad to hear this! I just had a friend go through this in Tennessee. WTF is wrong with people? *GoonLove* your way!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

My daughter received a letter from the Ministry of Magic.

Lamb, I haven't seen her this excited about something for years and you gave me an awesome idea for a gift for her birthday.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Keetron posted:

Lamb, I haven't seen her this excited about something for years and you gave me an awesome idea for a gift for her birthday.

Awesome! I'm glad she liked it :glomp:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Lamb I got your letter! I sent you a mail over the weekend but I will reply to this one too.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
13Pandora13--- HEHEHE I got your Halloween bundle! I tried to send you something about a month ago, but it came back and I think I had the number wrong or something. So I will try again with new/more stuff! I LOVE HALLOWEEN TOO!! I think my husband and I might be going to New Orleans for the end of October and I TOTALLY want to go on a Ghost Tours thing.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO posted:

13Pandora13--- HEHEHE I got your Halloween bundle! I tried to send you something about a month ago, but it came back and I think I had the number wrong or something. So I will try again with new/more stuff! I LOVE HALLOWEEN TOO!! I think my husband and I might be going to New Orleans for the end of October and I TOTALLY want to go on a Ghost Tours thing.

Yay! :neckbeard:

Also, any Nine Inch Nails peeps in here? I have a few extra prints of pictures I took when I saw them, nothing super stunning or anything but I can stick a couple with letters if anyone wants them.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
I got your letter, Brotato! Donut is up on my wall right now. :3:

Just a heads up, my address has changed by several states. I'm now at:

TheAbominableSnow
634 Roaring Fork Road
Burnsville, NC 28714

I have forwarding, so anything already sent to my previous address will still get to me. Sending and receiving letters is going to be a bit weird during the school year--my school has such long winter breaks that it's pointless to give out my dorm address, since I wouldn't be there to pick up any Christmas cards, so I have to rely on my parents to forward letters delivered during the semester. I'm setting up a better system with them this year, but I'll probably still find a couple forgotten letters buried in family papers come next summer. :shobon:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

TheAbominableSnow posted:

Just a heads up, my address has changed by several states.

I'll get that fixed when I update the list! Also, I owe you a letter.

Pandora, I got your package, thanks so much. It's never too early for Halloween!

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
I was unpacking earlier and stumbled across a bunch of goon mail and remembered I never came on to thank people for their goonmail, even though it was sent months ago, so I'm sorry for that, I feel like a dick :(

But I'm in a new place so I need to update my address so it is:
Jen S. (or CeramicPig, whatever you prefer)
2310 Hart Rd
Apt 15
Highland, IN 46233

I wish I had fun, creative random things to mail out like some people :(

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Went to Target today in between my college classes (yes I finally went back after many many moons of procrastinating :dance: ) and picked up fall/Halloween stuff. Hopefully will send a ton of cards out the first week of October!

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Aw I got a post card from Kafka's Goldfish :neckbeard:
Thank you so much!!

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Thank you everyone who sent me cards for recent events, I love all of you :3:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

In preparation for Halloween, I've updated the list to remove anyone who hasn't posted in a while, and added and changed addresses for anyone who's made requests. If you've fallen off the list and want back on, just let me know. If I overlooked adding you/editing your address, please let me know too.

http://sideolamb.squarespace.com/goonstuff/. The password is goonlove.

lady flash
Dec 26, 2007
keeper of the speed force
Oh man I totally forgot there were birthdays on the list. Gotta start paying attention. Also got a postcard from kafka's goldfish today and a card from abominable snow awhile ago. Probably others in my reply to stack (lamb sorry I'm such a slacker) Thanks all!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I also got a letter from Kafka's Goldfish!

Lamb, since it's back on a password list you can go ahead and add me back.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Lamb my city/state have changed too. I'm in Highland IN 46322 now. Thanks for keeping me on the list :)

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

CeramicPig posted:

Lamb my city/state have changed too. I'm in Highland IN 46322 now. Thanks for keeping me on the list :)

Whoops, fixed it!

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
This thread got linked in the fountain pen chat thread, so I figured I'd toss my name into the hat.

Dino
600 W 122nd St
New York, NY 10027

I like fountain pens (especially cheap ones that are less than $20), Picadilly notebooks, the colour red (or yellow, or orange, or any other bright, happy colour), cooking (I've made a couple of threads in Goons with Spoons about foods I like to cook), and cows. Also, Ganesh is my favourite god in the Hindu pantheon. My mum was a fan of his from an early age, and she passed that on to me. My husband and I bought each other little Ganesh statues that we take with us when we're apart/travelling (he's the whitest white man who ever whited, but he likes Ganesh too :kimchi:). Also, the hamsa/hand of fatima (depending on what tradition you're calling it from).

I recently (as of 36 days ago) got sober, and wanted to find myself a fun activity I can do that doesn't involve drinking, because a lot of the stuff that I used to enjoy are activities that I did while fairly drunk. I wanted to try something completely different that I only have sober associations with.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

dino. posted:

This thread got linked in the fountain pen chat thread, so I figured I'd toss my name into the hat.

Dino
600 W 122nd St
New York, NY 10027

I like fountain pens (especially cheap ones that are less than $20), Picadilly notebooks, the colour red (or yellow, or orange, or any other bright, happy colour), cooking (I've made a couple of threads in Goons with Spoons about foods I like to cook), and cows. Also, Ganesh is my favourite god in the Hindu pantheon. My mum was a fan of his from an early age, and she passed that on to me. My husband and I bought each other little Ganesh statues that we take with us when we're apart/travelling (he's the whitest white man who ever whited, but he likes Ganesh too :kimchi:). Also, the hamsa/hand of fatima (depending on what tradition you're calling it from).

I recently (as of 36 days ago) got sober, and wanted to find myself a fun activity I can do that doesn't involve drinking, because a lot of the stuff that I used to enjoy are activities that I did while fairly drunk. I wanted to try something completely different that I only have sober associations with.

Congrats! This thread is awesome and I think you'll really enjoy it. I will send you some mail soon :)

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Dear Pitgodess, thank you for your card as it is always fun to get mail from far away. :)

embitca
May 4, 2009
Hey Gang,
I would love to get in on the Goon mail action. Right now I'm at Yellowstone National Park finishing up my summer season here and I'll be returning to Boston in two weeks. Would love some mail besides junk mail and bills waiting for me when I get home! I'll be sending out cards and postcards from Yellowstone before I leave!

My Boston address is:

Jennifer
5 Bangor Road
West Roxbury MA 02132

embitca fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 25, 2014

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

13Pandora13 posted:

Yay! :neckbeard:

Also, any Nine Inch Nails peeps in here? I have a few extra prints of pictures I took when I saw them, nothing super stunning or anything but I can stick a couple with letters if anyone wants them.

I love me some NIN!!

Also, I've been trawling some of the Pen Pal websites, but they're absolutely terrible and difficult to use. I didn't even think about using this very website! I have so many pens, and a couple typewriters that I never get to use these days. I'd love to be a pen friend! Bonus points if people write in a language other than English. I'm a linguist so I love that kind of stuff.

Ian
5026 Hilltop Rd.
Apt. Q
Greensboro, NC 27407
USA

I like art and metal and weird off-kilter low-brow things. Have at it!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Hi!

I've been mostly lurking in the fountain pen thread and now I think I'm ready to branch out a little bit and mostly lurk in this thread as well! This will give me a good opportunity to practice my handwriting in ways other than copying animal facts out of a book. :)

Kristin
21896 Vista Oaks Dr.
Palo Cedro, CA 96073

Some stuff about me: I'm excited this week because I'm a newly licensed dental hygienist and I just got my first DH job! In addition to fountain pens, my hobbies/likes include crochet, (basic) sewing, crafty stuff, and cooking. I like animals too, but I don't want to pin myself down to a favorite kind. I like learning about them, though so if you have a favorite animal, tell me what's so great about it.

I don't care about NWS, but please keep it inside the envelope; I don't need my mail lady deciding I'm the neighborhood perv. I look forward to getting and sending some goon mail!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I am a terrible goon and i apologize, I might soon be getting a new typewriter so I hope to send out a ton of badly typed letters. :3: