Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dead Snoopy posted:

I just want a spin off w/ nothing but Pam & Eric.

Thats gonna be hard when they're both dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

King Vidiot posted:

That was actually Sheriff Bellefleur and it was one of the best scenes of the series. Anything with Jason and Andy together was gold.

Ah, that's right. He and Hoyt would whine about it enough that I melded them together in that scene in my head.

I wish HBO would just release all episodes at once like Netflix. End of the day it's a premium channel. Do ratings per episode really matter more than overall subscriptions?

Maybe they'll move to this model if or when they break away from cable companies and start offering hbo go to the public for $15-20 per month. I hope.

This Tara storyline is going to be really stupid isn't it? Any theories about what's buried at the old house?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Thats gonna be hard when they're both dead.

prequel or cure will fix this

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Shadow posted:

This Tara storyline is going to be really stupid isn't it? Any theories about what's buried at the old house?

Zombies

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Shadow posted:

Alan Ball.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Shadow posted:

Ah, that's right. He and Hoyt would whine about it enough that I melded them together in that scene in my head.

I wish HBO would just release all episodes at once like Netflix. End of the day it's a premium channel. Do ratings per episode really matter more than overall subscriptions?

Maybe they'll move to this model if or when they break away from cable companies and start offering hbo go to the public for $15-20 per month. I hope.
HBO does care about live ratings, as evidenced by them skipping Memorial week for Game of Thrones after the first season saw a big drop in viewers that day. They probably like the weekly buzz.

quote:

Dragon eggs.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Shadow posted:

Rome - Season 3

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Dead Snoopy posted:

Deadwood - Season 4

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They were gonna do the fire in season 4 and I will never truly forgive HBO for not letting me watch that.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Solice Kirsk posted:

They were gonna do the fire in season 4 and I will never truly forgive HBO for not letting me watch that.

Yeah, gently caress those loving cocksuckers.

Which reminds me, is the Deadwood set still around? I'd like to visit it one day if so. I wondered if they were using the old Deadwood set for some of Bill's flashback scenes...?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Dead Snoopy posted:

Carnivale - Season 3

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shadow posted:

Jimmy Hoffa.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
My actual theory is that it's going to be something dumb like Tara is still alive and she fled to the old house and buried herself in the ground until the Hep V thing blew over.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Even in death Tara storylines still haunt the show. Why was she even a vampire again?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I've had Season 3 on in the background as I've been gutting a room in my home [flood damage] & I've forgotten how good Season 3 was. Sure you had the poo poo w/ Sam's family, none who could die quick enough, but the awesomeness that is both Franklin & Talbot is worth it.

Lest us never forget Pam's immortal question, "Did you buy the HYPOTHETICAL chainsaw from the HYPOTHETICAL hardware store?!"

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Harry posted:

Even in death Tara storylines still haunt the show. Why was she even a vampire again?

Debbie the Drugged Up Downer Werewolf went to shoot Sookie the Sorry Slutty Sack and Tara the Tortured Tart jumped in the way.

So they had Pam turn her before her blown off head wound uh.. killed her.

Like a half hour later.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
That was all pretty dumb, and I'm trying not to defend it, but they did say right in the show that Tara was already dead. They weren't trying to turn her "before" they killed her, I think they were just going to turn her after she was dead already. Apparently it's a thing you can do in the True Blood universe, it's just risky? Or... something?

I seem to recall them discussing the fact that she'd been dead a while, like it might not work or Tara might be messed up in some way. And they were right about the last part, at least until Tara miraculously recovered and all that was never mentioned again.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Apoplexy posted:

Kwanten is nearly 40? Jesus. ed: He's 37 now. Stephen Moyer was within a year of Ryan Kwanten's current age back when the show started. Kwanten passes as a 20-something right now. drat is that guy a loving mangod.

I think he was a part time yoga teacher when he started on True Blood or something.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Bored posted:

I think he was a part time yoga teacher when he started on True Blood or something.

I'm getting into Yoga.

gently caress everything I've ever said about it.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Shadow posted:

I'm getting into Yoga.

gently caress everything I've ever said about it.

Yeah. I just found an article from 2010 about Kwanten's "workout and diet tips"

quote:

Several years ago, Ryan turned to yoga after watching his mother struggle with debilitating back problems and dealing with his own inflexibility issues. Although, initially, he wasn’t too keen on taking up such a “girlie activity.” Fortunately, he gave it a shot. “That first class I was looking across the room and seeing girls and even guys putting their feet behind their heads, and I thought, Wow, that’s where I want to be. And I’m sort of naturally competitive, so once I sink my teeth into something I’m not going to let go.”

And now? Ryan Kwanten is a Vinyasa yoga instructor who’s as flexible as a contortionist.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I always thought Kwanten would have made a great Captain America.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Dead Snoopy posted:

Half the time I see him on True Blood, I think he'd make an excellent young George W Bush.

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

Dead Snoopy posted:

Shadow posted:

Half the time I see him on True Blood, I think he'd make an excellent young George W Bush.

He's supposed to play Charles Manson in an upcoming bio-pic. I think he's going to nail it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
May Be the Last Time

Sookie hopes that a miracle will resolve her current situation. Eric and Pam get closer to Sarah. Adilyn and Wade seek refuge with Violet.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Shadow posted:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. The first time i saw him on TB, I turned to my boyfriend and said "Wow, George Dubya must've stepped into a time machine".

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Captain Mog posted:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. The first time i saw him on TB, I turned to my boyfriend and said "Wow, George Dubya must've stepped into a time machine".

Ol George was loving ripped in his younger days

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Shadow posted:

Yes. When I first watched True Blood, with his accent, that was all I could think of.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I'm also considering not watching either this week's or next week's and instead re-watching the entire series.

or I just watch the rest of this, be thoroughly disappointed in how they decide to end it, and move on with my life. :ohdear:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
And let the crazy begin...

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
You'd think he would've worked on those impulse control issues.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahahaha...of course you did Violet.

And nice room.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Adelyn freaks me out, all I see is:

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

have fun fuuucking

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Nothing like hot strap on talk in True Blood

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Doesn't she have Hep V?

WELL NEVERMIND. DOESN'T MATTER.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hahhahaha

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Was an Arlene loving scene really something we needed? fe: Oh thank god it was just a dream.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am always amused when vampires use their super speed to something mundane like taking off their shirt.

Oh it was just a dream.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

J33uk posted:

Nothing like hot strap on talk in True Blood

True Blood Season 7: 'Have you heard about pegging?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Japanese man with a Texas accent is really bothering me.

• Locked thread