Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

But that's literally exactly my point, that it being a kids show gives it constraints that rick and morty doesn't have, being on adult swim, and as a result the latter is a much, much better show

Gravity Falls is better than Rick and Morty in animation, voice acting and humour, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rarity posted:

Gravity Falls is better than Rick and Morty in animation, voice acting and humour, actually.

Actually no it's not hth

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Do you both just not know how opinions work?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Curb Your Enthusiasm isn't that funny

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

thexerox123 posted:

That's never been a strength of this thread.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

hcreight posted:

That's never been a strength of this thread.

The entire subforum really.

(Rarity is right.)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Why are you even comparing them dude?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fateo McMurray posted:

What's the point of having people be naked if you can't see their naughty bits? If you have the word "naked" in your show title I better see someone hang some dong.

Selling uncensored DVDs, of course.
Butts seem to be universally uncensored across these "naked" shows though, so... progress?

MrAristocrates posted:

Why are you even comparing them dude?

Occ gon' Occ.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 3, 2014

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

thexerox123 posted:

Rarity is just kidding or whatever but Occ genuinely doesn't no, the first time I ever became aware of him he was telling the Community thread how season 3 was objectively better than season 1 and anyone who disagrees is a moron

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Well, that's a bad example, because he's right.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Except he's not.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We should definitely start arguing about Community right now! (I prefer season 1 tbh)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is going nowhere good fast so let's say we just change the subject?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Im always right, it just takes people a while to realize it sometimes

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Im always right, it just takes people a while to realize it sometimes

This thread is not for funny posts. It's serious business. Please keep that in mind.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

This is going nowhere good fast so let's say we just change the subject?

Oh ok, so how does everyone feel about the end of BSG/LOST?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

Oh ok, so how does everyone feel about the end of BSG/LOST?

2/2 on great wrapups.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
LOST has like my favourite finale of any network drama that isn't Twin Peaks

edit: reminder that Hannibal is amazing and The Leftovers complete trash

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

e: ^^^ Leftovers is indeed a dumpster fire.

Deadpool posted:

2/2 on great wrapups.

I respectfully and hyperbolically disagree.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

I respectfully and hyperbolically disagree.

How dare you!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Bown posted:

LOST has like my favourite finale of any network drama that isn't Twin Peaks

edit: reminder that Hannibal is amazing and The Leftovers complete trash

You deserve doctor who

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

You deserve doctor who

You should read my last post in that thread properly because I bring up something I think is interesting with how you're approaching this series vs LMS

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

How dare you!

Well you see my opinions on television are objectively correct therefore ad hominem attack.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Bown posted:

You should read my last post in that thread properly because I bring up something I think is interesting with how you're approaching this series vs LMS

I disagree but I don't want to create a feedback loop of commenting on comments on my reviews, an internal rule I've always had is to let the reviews stand for themselves and not to interfere with or discuss criticism

Even quoting your post to explain my position about the xenophobia thing I felt uncomfortable about and only did because every kept on talking about it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

thexerox123 posted:

Please make this the new thread title

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

I disagree.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Bown posted:

"Please tell me my favorite show sucks the right way. :colbert:"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If a genre show was my favourite I probably wouldn't want to be alive anymore

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rarity posted:

Done.

Irish Joe posted:

"Please tell me my favorite show sucks the right way. :colbert:"

Almost went with this one instead. Still tempted.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

No-one deserves Dr who.

Yeah I watched the premiere of gravity falls and it makes me question if I'm going to keep watching it. It made me laugh with the dipper clones episode but I am struggling to see its merit to an adult now.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Apparently Season 4 of The Boondocks came out in April and it's already done. But Aaron McGruder wasn't involved in the show at all?

The gently caress is this bullshit. Was the 4th season any good?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I haven't watched it, but my friend is a huge Boondocks fan and he said it wasn't good.

I guess McGruder wanted to work exclusively on his new show.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Apparently Season 4 of The Boondocks came out in April and it's already done. But Aaron McGruder wasn't involved in the show at all?

It was pretty bad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

God no, Boondocks season 4 was complete garbage. For some reason every episode focused on Robert without any Huey or Riley centered episodes. There was a terrible episode that was basically just a remake of the first episode of Breaking Bad and they did a bunch of terrible story stuff. Like Ruckus became a straight up villain and for some they decided that Robert was completely broke and owed a bunch of money to the previously unseen Ed Wuncler II.

Edit: McGruder's new series looks really funny though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That's not what I meant and you know it :smith:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Lycus posted:

I haven't watched it, but my friend is a huge Boondocks fan and he said it wasn't good.

I guess McGruder wanted to work exclusively on his new show.

IRQ posted:

It was pretty bad.

muscles like this? posted:

God no, Boondocks season 4 was complete garbage. For some reason every episode focused on Robert without any Huey or Riley centered episodes. There was a terrible episode that was basically just a remake of the first episode of Breaking Bad and they did a bunch of terrible story stuff. Like Ruckus became a straight up villain and for some they decided that Robert was completely broke and owed a bunch of money to the previously unseen Ed Wuncler II.

Edit: McGruder's new series looks really funny though.

gently caress

I love it when I forget about one of my favorite shows and then I find that a new season has come out. I'm supremely disappointed to hear that this new season sucks. I haven't found a source yet that defended it.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Of the two episodes I've seen I liked one of them and hated the other one, which was basically just a retread of other episodes. I have no desire to go watch the rest of the season.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
:love::love::love::love:

I am officially in love with Taxi Brooklyn.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hahah, what the gently caress? Is that show a comedy or what, because I thought it was supposed to be a crime show with a bizarre name.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I didn't think The Boondocks was that great in general outside of a few standout episodes, especially after Black Dynamite came out and totally eclipsed it, but season 4 is just absolute torture to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Irish Joe posted:

:love::love::love::love:

I am officially in love with Taxi Brooklyn.

I never ever want the context for this. Just let my imagination have this one please.

• Locked thread