Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

I was wondering how you killed that dude from behind when I was watching on GOTV. So was the enemy team after haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
There was some hip hip awping going on those games, sick flicks etc etc

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Salt Fish posted:

Big news; the price on the original esports case is going up up up, buy them now before you miss this amazing investment opportunity!

Can someone explain why?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Vahakyla posted:

Can someone explain why?

All you need to know is that you should start hording them immediately. I recommend buying 10-20 of them and then posting on reddit and steam about the trend to push the price higher.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Salt Fish posted:

All you need to know is that you should start hording them immediately. I recommend buying 10-20 of them and then posting on reddit and steam about the trend to push the price higher.

So we are literally going all BitCoin over this?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Diversify your inventory

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Vahakyla posted:

So we are literally going all BitCoin over this?

Bitcoins are worth 518 dollars right now up from literally 0 cents in 2009 so I hope so.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Vahakyla posted:

Can someone explain why?

Probably because they don't drop anymore.

(Do they?)

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Gamers are pretty stupid about anything that can be percieved as exclusive or even limited in nature.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

What a comeback from Titan. Great game so far. :allears:

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Game has been really good. I'm rooting for IBP but you can't be mad at that Titan comeback!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Smol posted:

What a comeback from Titan. Great game so far. :allears:

Wow the games are still going? It's 9pm for me and I am not used to any pro-gaming stuff to not be on at the rear end in a top hat hours of morning.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Spudd posted:

Wow the games are still going? It's 9pm for me and I am not used to any pro-gaming stuff to not be on at the rear end in a top hat hours of morning.

They play in London so it's 1230 already. Second day of the tournament.

Edit: 2-0 to Titan. So glad to see them playing well again.

Smol fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Aug 3, 2014

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

That was a hell of a game.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
That last second 1hp defuse SO SICK.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Is it just me or are the trading bots at CSGOlounge always down lately? Also, under "recent bets", I saw someone put up a 30€ AK skin, plus three more poo poo skins which added up to like, 20 cents extra. Why even bother adding those?

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013
I've only been following competitive CSGO for a couple of months, but from what I've seen so far NiP hasn't been looking too hot. Why are they called the best team in the world?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Jessie Tanner posted:

I've only been following competitive CSGO for a couple of months, but from what I've seen so far NiP hasn't been looking too hot. Why are they called the best team in the world?

2012-08-26 Steelseries CS:GO (1st)
2012-09-23 DreamHack Valencia (1st)
2012-11-04 Electronic Sports World Cup (1st)
2012-11-24 DreamHack Winter (1st)
2012-12-04 ESH AMD Sapphire Invitational (1st)
2012-12-09 THOR Open (1st)
2012-12-15 NorthCon (1st)
2013-02-24 Mad Catz Invitational Vienna (1st)
2013-03-23 Techlabs Cup (1st)
2013-03-30 Copenhagen Games (1st)
2013-04-07 SLTV StarSeries Season V (2nd)
2013-04-14 ESL Major Series One Spring (1st)
2013-04-21 ESEA Invite Season 13 (1st)
2013-06-16 Swedish Championship (1st)
2013-06-18 DreamHack Summer (1st)
2013-06-30 ESL Major Series One Summer (3rd-4th)
2013-07-07 SLTV StarSeries Season VI (1st)
2013-08-18 ESEA Invite Season 14 (1st)
2013-09-15 DreamHack Bucharest (1st)
2013-10-13 SLTV StarSeries Season VII (3rd)
2013-10-27 ESL Major Series One Fall (2nd)
2013-11-03 Electronic Sports World Cup (4th)
2013-11-30 DreamHack Winter (2nd)
2013-12-14 Svecup (1st)
2014-02-21 Dreamhack Stockholm Invitational (2nd)
2014-03-16 Esl Major Series One Katowice (2nd)
2014-04-20 Copenhagen Games (1st)
2014-05-04 SLTV StarSeries Season IX (2nd)
2014-06-14 ESPORTSM (2nd)
2014-06-17 Dreamhack Summer(1st)

Finishes:

1st: 20/30 (66.67%)
Top 2: 27/30 (90.00%)
Top 4: 30/30 (100.00%)

Plus their opponents couldn't even win a map against NiP (on LAN) before March or April of 2013.

Smol fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Aug 3, 2014

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Jessie Tanner posted:

They just got back from vacation while other teams have been bootcamping non-stop.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

That was really awkward with the commentators not talking for about 10 seconds, I've never heard that before. I guess they can't talk about much since the players can potentially hear them?

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Spudd posted:

That was really awkward with the commentators not talking for about 10 seconds, I've never heard that before. I guess they can't talk about much since the players can potentially hear them?

This seems like hilariously sloppy production, will actual sports/events broadcasting professionals not touch esports or something?

The commentators may not discuss the game they are commenting on.

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013

Smol posted:

Finishes:

1st: 20/30 (66.67%)
Top 2: 27/30 (90.00%)
Top 4: 30/30 (100.00%)

drat, definitely an impressive list. I couldn't help but notice their 5th/6th placement at ESEA Invite Season 16 was left off though, but I guess that would ruin the nice 100% top 4 statistics. I wonder if there are any more "poor" placements not listed there?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Jessie Tanner posted:

drat, definitely an impressive list. I couldn't help but notice their 5th/6th placement at ESEA Invite Season 16 was left off though, but I guess that would ruin the nice 100% top 4 statistics. I wonder if there are any more "poor" placements not listed there?

They were legit undefeated on LAN(as in never lost a single map) for a full year~. They've been the most consistent #1 team since release no question. Other teams have definitely caught up for sure but NiP are still the champs. Now if they removed fifflaren and added somebody goooood...

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mcvey posted:

They were legit undefeated on LAN(as in never lost a single map) for a full year~. They've been the most consistent #1 team since release no question. Other teams have definitely caught up for sure but NiP are still the champs. Now if they removed fifflaren and added somebody goooood...

Interestingly the time other teams started catching up to NiP is about the same time Valve really started pushing the competitive angle :tinfoil:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Okay no they aren't not talking their mics keep cutting out.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Jessie Tanner posted:

No. That's just their LAN record before ESEA. You can add 5th-6th and 5th-8th to their record now though.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

So do pro players not play on Hostage maps?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Spudd posted:

So do pro players not play on Hostage maps?

Nope. T's have way too much of an advantage on most hostage rescue maps. Think Office or Assault where T's just have to camp a single area.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I AM BRAWW posted:

Nope. T's have way too much of an advantage on most hostage rescue maps. Think Office or Assault where T's just have to camp a single area.

Aww that's a shame I would like to see some pro-Office, but what you say makes complete sense after watching so many of these.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Insertion is a really interesting take on the hostage mode and i hope it gets more attention / maps like it.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Necc0 posted:

Insertion is a really interesting take on the hostage mode and i hope it gets more attention / maps like it.

Man Insertion on casual is God awful but that's my problem since I don't play maps the way they are intended. :v:

Rip Fnatic, they're the only team I know since I watch pro Dota 2 and I root for them there.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Necc0 posted:

Yeah. I know some people rag on Insertion and while it doesn't have the best CS:GO gameplay I have to applaud it for how unique it is as far as maps go and do enjoy relaxed late night MM on it.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
My only problem with insertion is that every round takes the entire time limit. The average match length has to be 5-10 min longer on that map.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

down with slavery posted:

My only problem with insertion is that every round takes the entire time limit. The average match length has to be 5-10 min longer on that map.

My only problem with insertion is everything to do with that map.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
:siren: Incoming Opinion :siren:

I played overpass for the first time today and it was alright.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

fnatic vs Titan was the match of the tournament

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Overpass has come a long way. It is a really cool map and pretty balanced.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Vahakyla posted:

Overpass has come a long way. It is a really cool map and pretty balanced.

In my opinion it has way too many angles, it has the same problem as cbble.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
Thats the second time someone has tried to knife a defuser in the smoke. I think it was f0rest a couple tournaments ago? Why bother with a full clip and knowing where you planted it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

harrygomm posted:

Thats the second time someone has tried to knife a defuser in the smoke. I think it was f0rest a couple tournaments ago? Why bother with a full clip and knowing where you planted it?
It was get_right last time, and in his defense, not only was he out of ammo, but they showed the replay, and he WAS knifing the guy, and they just didn't register. Those twisted defuse hitboxes.

• Locked thread