Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Suspicious Lump posted:

Non manga here and it's really boring. The only exciting bit was Joker reveal. We knew the celestial dragons were cunts but this is a new low for them, pulling favors for one of their own? drat. Also the explanation for the celestial dragons was something I haven't heard before. Still it was about time we met a dragon that wasn't a turd in a bubble. I'm waiting for a good dragon to appear now

I apologize for how boring the anime is making the most exciting arc in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Truga posted:

This is pure speculation on my part, but maybe Monkey D Dragon? :v:
I hope not, that would be kinda like Naruto and all the bullshit that's currently going on. My guess we haven't met the character yet and it's going to be a girl.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
But Joker said he was "no longer" a dragon

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Last night, I was thinking about how awesome Usopp is/can be, and I remembered an event that I'd like to rewatch.

He was in some town and was being challenged to hit a weather vane across town. He fired and got depressed because the weather vane didn't move, but it turned out that it didn't move because he hit hit it dead center and with enough force to put a hole through it (spoiler?).

Anyone remember what arc that was? Or better yet, the exact episode?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

lowercase16 posted:

Last night, I was thinking about how awesome Usopp is/can be, and I remembered an event that I'd like to rewatch.

He was in some town and was being challenged to hit a weather vane across town. He fired and got depressed because the weather vane didn't move, but it turned out that it didn't move because he hit hit it dead center and with enough force to put a hole through it (spoiler?).

Anyone remember what arc that was? Or better yet, the exact episode?

Pretty sure that was filler during Lougetown.
Edit: It's episode 50.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Senor Candle posted:

Pretty sure that was filler during Lougetown.
Edit: It's episode 50.

It was filler but apparently based on a bit Oda had written but couldn't include in the manga for pacing issues.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Thanks. You guys rock.

I know Oda has said that he always wants Usopp to be the weakest Straw Hat, but he's still pretty awesome sometimes. Like shooting the World Government flag.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Or having a split personality called SogeKing that is insane. The part where he is fighting Persona and begs Soge King to come out... then he starts a whole dialogue with himself.

and then the bluff at the end! Holy poo poo. I love that fight.

I hope he comes back.

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 24, 2014

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

pacing issues.

Good thing the anime doesn't have those!

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I just finished the fight with Krieg, and I still have no idea if the cooks actually like Sanji or not. :confused:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

Or having a split personality called SogeKing that is insane.

What are you talking about? :confused: Sogeking's his bud that he met on Sniper Islandin his heart.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Ahhhhhhhhh! Octopus man is the best!

Sorry for posting about like, episodes 20-30, but yeah, this is a good show and the octopus man is the best character.

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012

Capsaicin posted:

Sorry for posting about like, episodes 20-30, but yeah, this is a good show and the octopus man is the best character.

Honestly if the thread became 20 pages of emptyquoting this it wouldn't do anyone a disservice. Octopus man IS the best character.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Capsaicin posted:

We love reading newcomers reactions so by all means, post as much as you like :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Someone give him the watching guide to the One Piece anime so he doesn't watch a bunch of lovely filler

Which made me check the OP for it and discovered the OP hasn't been updated in literally two years(minus like, 3 days)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Someone give him the watching guide to the One Piece anime so he doesn't watch a bunch of lovely filler

Which made me check the OP for it and discovered the OP hasn't been updated in literally two years(minus like, 3 days)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3440774&userid=163825#post415429779

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

welcome to the crew

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Capsaicin posted:

I just finished the fight with Krieg, and I still have no idea if the cooks actually like Sanji or not. :confused:

The answer becomes clear in about 13 non filler arcs, or two arcs to complete the East Blue Saga followed by the Alabasta Saga, the Skypiea Saga, and the Water 7 Saga.

Or, given Sanji's wanted poster, does it?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

I liked the filler. The only bad thing (I remember) is that Zoro can somehow cut metal in one of filler arcs. Ignore that, he can't do that.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Shadow0 posted:

I liked the filler. The only bad thing (I remember) is that Zoro can somehow cut metal in one of filler arcs. Ignore that, he can't do that.

Ignore this guy. Zoro can cut metal.

He learns this skill in Alabasta when he fights Daz Bones.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Crazyeyes posted:

He does it in the filler before Alabasta. I think it's the filler with the dumb dragons and the entertainingly fat vice-admiral.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

It's not that jarring, you don't even realize until it's pointed out to you. Besides, the cutting steel thing is a bit dumb in retrospective, he had previously shot energy waves from his swords and during Daz Bones' fight he threw a friggin' house at him, yet cutting steel is apparently oh-so-difficult and you need a deep epiphany to do so.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crazyeyes posted:

I figured someone would spoil this. Way to take away all the fun of when he learns how to cut metal.

Well, maybe not all the fun.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Shadow0 posted:

I figured someone would spoil this. Way to take away all the fun of when he learns how to cut metal.

Spoilers of events from twelve years ago are unavoidable in this thread.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fuckshoes posted:

Spoilers of events from twelve years ago are unavoidable in this thread.

Someone just started watching and was told to skip the filler; I said the filler was worth watching, but to ignore one of the inconsistencies. Someone decided to spoil the inconsistency. I know what happens; I was talking to the person that just started watching.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Holy gently caress Sanji vs Joker was awesome and you faggots are going on about 12 year old spoilers?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Suspicious Lump posted:

Holy gently caress Sanji vs Joker was awesome and you faggots are going on about 12 year old spoilers?
Goku got knocked in the head as a kid, he is actually an alien but forgot that.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

To add to this list, since it wasn't pointed out, watch the G8 filler. It's often called the best filler in the show and for good reason.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!

Suspicious Lump posted:

He did no damage and practically got one-shot. Sanji gotta bring his A-game next time.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
That's true but it was still drat awesome. His opponent even said "here was a tough one". I hope we get a team battle again!

I'm getting sick of Nami/Chopper/Usopp being useless cry babies. Usopp especially because Joker is such an easy target floating about on strings. I bet you could burn the strings or at least damage them.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Suspicious Lump posted:

That's true but it was still drat awesome. His opponent even said "here was a tough one". I hope we get a team battle again!

I'm getting sick of Nami/Chopper/Usopp being useless cry babies. Usopp especially because Joker is such an easy target floating about on strings. I bet you could burn the strings or at least damage them.

Joker also mentioned that he is quite strong while enduring a barrage of kicks later. Very encouraging to the strength of Sanji now days.

Usopp is sadly delegated to being the ship coward forever, it seems. I like him most of all as far as potential for being awesome as a long range asset (Enies Lobby, for instance, when he was shooting marines from well beyond rifle range). It's a shame he is only good for popping his eyes out of his head and trying to run away these days...

Joker's String gimmick seems very much up Zoro's alley. Cut them things all day.

I am hoping we move away from the 1-v-1 fighting where the X number of actual enemies are paired with the X strongest straw hats. I'd like to see the whole crew fighting one big baddie at once.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Its been a while since I've been in this thread! Yea I will probably need to update the OP at some point (unless someone wants to make a new one, I haven't been watching the anime for a while now).

However, I did catch the new special they put up on Crunchyroll "3D2Y" that takes place during the timeskip. Its a neat little side story with some characters being awesome and other being kinda pointless save for 5 seconds. Now, I decided to catch this special as when it was announced it claimed to have something "The fans have been waiting for" and I can safely say that yes IT HAS SOMETHING PRETTY BIG IN IT (but it's in the last 10 seconds so you have to watch until the very end).

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Is that Sabo at the end?

gently caress yeah.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Long live One Piece, we are on the cruise baby! I've seen 655 episodes of this fine show, hot drat, Oda is a master. No funner anime to marathon, I do it once or twice a year, just got caught up again recently. Sometimes a couple years go by and I have 100 glorious episodes of OP to check out. In Sanji we trust.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

bondster posted:

Its been a while since I've been in this thread! Yea I will probably need to update the OP at some point (unless someone wants to make a new one, I haven't been watching the anime for a while now).

However, I did catch the new special they put up on Crunchyroll "3D2Y" that takes place during the timeskip. Its a neat little side story with some characters being awesome and other being kinda pointless save for 5 seconds. Now, I decided to catch this special as when it was announced it claimed to have something "The fans have been waiting for" and I can safely say that yes IT HAS SOMETHING PRETTY BIG IN IT (but it's in the last 10 seconds so you have to watch until the very end).

And here's the link to the Crunchyroll page for it!

Rage McDougal
Jul 28, 2013

I'm assuming that the fact that the link redirects me to the Crunchyroll homepage means there's no way to legally watch it in the UK?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Rage McDougal posted:

I'm assuming that the fact that the link redirects me to the Crunchyroll homepage means there's no way to legally watch it in the UK?

Nope! :suicide:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

bondster posted:

how canon is it?

http://i.imgur.com/RwTkWAQ.jpg has what looks like joker's symbol

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Kild posted:

how canon is it?

http://i.imgur.com/RwTkWAQ.jpg has what looks like joker's symbol

It's really similar to the symbol on Whitebeard's medical equipment. Maybe came from the same place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Drakkel posted:

It's really similar to the symbol on Whitebeard's medical equipment. Maybe came from the same place?

Huh you're right.

http://img.mangastream.to/manga/one-piece/234/One%20Piece%20-%20234%20-%2012_13.jpg